PDA

View Full Version : HG Beargguy F (No Family) [Painted]

tried42long
May 2, 2015, 2:44 PM
First off, I would like to thank everyone who helped me by answering a bunch of my questions in the other subforum.:D

So I finally finished my first Beargguy without the Puchiguy. I was too excited I only waited about an hour or two for the last two pieces of topcoat to dry(Damn these green parts on the thighs/mouth. They really scratch no matter what for me). My main problem was the scratching of paint because of the tightness(I had to strip and repaint a few parts). I tried to shave some plastic off the edges before painting, with the back of my hobby knife. It worked for most parts.

My light setup is kinda just made of white cartolina paper taped on the wall. I found a dusty desk lamp for the lightning with tissue for diffusing purposes. And for the other light, I found a dead emergency light that I kept charging every five minutes; it dies too quickly, haha. XD

Anyway, here are the pics. I swear, the green is supposed to be a green and not a yellow-green. But it still looks good.:D
http://imgur.com/a/ZfuB7

UPDATE 05-21-15: Now a family!
Puchiguy/Petiteguy: http://imgur.com/a/XRnBP:D

http://i.imgur.com/YV9qviT.jpg

Lacus Prime
May 3, 2015, 7:53 AM
Nice colors you chose for the Beargguy!

tried42long
May 3, 2015, 8:55 AM
Thanks, dude. :D I was actually gonna present this to my computer science org. (Hence, the black/green combination). I'm still waiting for my scriber and Build Booster to arrive, so I could work on my second beargguy.

RAMIREN
May 3, 2015, 2:32 PM
Nice, the colours look great, it's a nice change from seeing them in pastel colours.

tried42long
May 4, 2015, 4:07 AM
Thanks, dude.:D What do you mean by pastel colors?

Battlefrankie
May 4, 2015, 9:35 AM
That Bearguy looks great! He could be the mascot for the Degeneration X in no time.:D

Dlinker
May 4, 2015, 11:15 AM
Lovely work on the Bearguy. Two things came to mind when I saw the paint job: Necrons from WH40K and Green Lantern, haha.

The photos you took give the impression that paint is glow-in-the-dark or fluorescent.

tried42long
May 4, 2015, 12:24 PM
Much appreciated, dude. The green is actually fluorescent. I've been looking for the flat white base that goes with it. But I couldn't find one, until I finished the kit, haha. I have lots of ideas for my second beargguy, with the scribing, extra parts and more masking.

RAMIREN
May 5, 2015, 9:56 AM
Pastel colours (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastel_%28color%29)

thehod
May 6, 2015, 6:41 PM
Great work on the Bearguy, what paint did you use for the black?

tried42long
May 7, 2015, 8:33 AM
I used grey primer->flat black->flat topcoat.

rockpopandchips
May 7, 2015, 12:07 PM
That looks great, really like the colours.

Grime90Deuce
May 7, 2015, 9:36 PM
looks awesome and I really like that colorway, that bearguy would look awesome under a blacklight I bet.

thwalker13
May 8, 2015, 11:19 AM
Very nice use of colors sir. I love it.

tried42long
May 8, 2015, 2:27 PM
Thanks for the appreciation of the kit guys. :D This is my second painted kit. I found flats to look better now. I really love the Beargguy and the possibilities that you could do with it.

My MG GN-X is well uhm...just sitting there not completely painted. Black+Silver+clear colors is such a tiresome task for a first paint job. Using spray cans also make it harder. But I learned a lot from it, to look at the bright side. I wish I had an airbrush for this, so I could use Alclad II and other better paint than spray cans.

tried42long
May 20, 2015, 2:06 PM
Up for puchiguy/petiteguy link update on the first post. I finally painted the little guy.:D The masking on the nose wasn't quite good. I painted the mouth part green first, then masked the nose. Should've done it inversely, 'cause I thought the black would make the white and green darker.

And the polycap where you attach it to the chair backpack is kinda misaligned, so I can't attach it to the back of the beargguy(And I'm too lazy/busy right now to disassemble and risk scratching,haha).

Dark Matter Dynames
May 20, 2015, 5:41 PM
Wow, those colors look sick. Great job.

Dlinker
May 21, 2015, 11:37 AM
The petiteguy looks creepy with that color scheme, haha. Good work on the little thing. Any scratches you encountered while work on it?

tried42long
May 21, 2015, 1:25 PM
Haha, yeah somewhat. Yep, I have this terrible weakness where I can't control myself to assemble those parts earlier than it should be.

Although they're minor. The leg had a scratch when I attached it(had a little force when trying to put it in). The ribbon also had a scratch. I touched them up with some brushing.

I should control myself better, because I immediately assembled after like 3-5 hours after topcoating,haha.