PDA

View Full Version : Chaser's Finished Projects

Chaser90EK
April 18, 2015, 7:48 PM
Going to be like the only project I can post in here for months... You can catch some of the basement construction that's been hindering me in the background. Anyway, I took a shot at a diorama and I'm happy with my first attempt. I learned a lot from my first attempt. I definitely did the layering of certain elements wrong so I know for next time. I worked off a styrofoam wheel as my base and used clay to build it up. I thought the clay would dry quickly so I rushed a bit. Now I know I have time to work with it. I really liked the earthy feel it has and I like how I could make footprints and such easily to add texture to the ground. I may go back for a few touch ups later. I didn't have a good florescent orange to simulate heated metal and I'm not quite satisfied with the one I used which looks more red under certain lights.

Anyway, the story: On the outskirts of the Torrington Base a rookie Federation pilot is on patrol when he is ambushed by a Zeon Remnant Zaku II which had been buried under a field for years by a seasoned Zeon soldier waiting for his revenge. The Feddie feels almost embarrassed at first having to face such an old suit in his GM III and toys with the soldier at first. He peppers the Zaku's shield with 60 mm Vulcan fire, but the Zeon soldier uses the opportunity to rush in. He cleaves the GM's shield in half. The GM attempts to counter with its beam saber, but the Zaku deflects with it's shield and disarms the GM on the return. The Feddie pilot, desperate to retreat, stumbles back, and the Zeon pilot rushes in for the final strike. Sieg Zeon!

Zaku
April 18, 2015, 7:53 PM
i like the fact that you thought out exactly how it happened. it adds a lot to the diorama. nice work. SIEG ZEON!!

Grime90Deuce
April 19, 2015, 12:38 PM
I love that diorama: the chopped up shield, the forearm in the foreground, both kits look great, and that action is awesome. Nice job man.

Dlinker
April 20, 2015, 1:05 PM
Good job on the diorama. The scaling is right and the posing looks pretty natural. The red/orange you used on the chopped off pieces of the GM make them look like they came from something with flesh and blood, haha.

Chaser90EK
April 20, 2015, 3:31 PM
Yeah I know... if you look at the piece of the arm still attached you can kind of see the flare of the orange which looks right, but with no direct light does looks bloody :)

Chaser90EK
April 25, 2015, 6:42 PM

Update: So I left the diorama to dry in my basement, not thinking how cold it would would get. Looks like the cold made it dry too quickly and so the clay cracked... it doesn't look terrible... it just looks odd that there's grass but the ground looks arid. Lesson learned. I also got some florescent orange and went back over the cuts. It's even brighter than the picture looks.

thehod
April 25, 2015, 10:43 PM
I think the cracked claw adds to the diorama IMO.

Nice little backstory