PDA

View Full Version : My completed MS

Battlefrankie
April 13, 2015, 10:27 AM
Hey there!
Since I have a lot of unfinished models (cause of a lack of markers and decals), I wanna start a own thread for them, if they should ever be finished.
For my first entry I have my Zaku I Thunderbolt, that I had in an other thread in the past. It is not perfect, but for my first attempt its not to bad.;)
I'm not totally sure if I wanna add some more decals, but for the othe parts he is complete, so he must hold the line till the other ones are ready for launch!

tried42long
April 16, 2015, 11:19 AM
Nice clean paintjob dude. It can balance itself with those positions? o_O

Battlefrankie
April 16, 2015, 1:12 PM
Thank you and yes, this poses are all without cheating and it wasn't even difficult to do the them, this Zaku has some skills!

thehod
April 16, 2015, 2:14 PM
Very nice work there.

Battlefrankie
April 16, 2015, 4:49 PM
Thanks, I hope the next one will become good as well.

Noir Dom
April 21, 2015, 10:38 PM
Nice man how are you getting those deep panel lines....? they look perfect.

Battlefrankie
April 22, 2015, 1:38 PM
Thank you! Its only a fine gundam marker and a lot of patience.
On the Zaku are a lot of good lines, but on other models you can cut some lines deeper with a needle or a tool. This is like an optical part seperation, there are some tutorials on YouTube, if you like some deeper lines.

Battlefrankie
July 28, 2015, 8:27 AM
Its been a while since I have finished a kit, but now I want complete my army of undone work. First I wanna introduce my Age 1 Spallow/W. He was on vacation at the beach.
While watching this, I have noticed the missing sticker on his head...

Chaser90EK
July 28, 2015, 10:19 AM
I've gotten in the habit of just dropping a bit of jade or metallic red (or whatever color you want) into the top camera spot in place of the sticker and it looks really good. The sticker either gets creased or scratched and irks me. You can do the paint drop with just a toothpick. It takes like 2 seconds and looks a lot nicer.

thwalker13
July 28, 2015, 11:47 AM
The added claws look right at home on the Spallow man. Great job, and yeah I noticed the missing sticker as well. Won't be hard to fix.

Dlinker
July 28, 2015, 12:09 PM
You did a nice job on this kit and I like the extra details you put on the legs. You didn't want to trim the safety nubs on the V-Fin?

Battlefrankie
July 28, 2015, 1:26 PM
Thank you all guys and yeah, I could trim the fin, today I have done it the first time at my Tryon and I think it will look better.
The sticker problem is solved...maybe the improved Spallow gets a spot with my Tidus on the next pics...but for that, Tidus needs first his own head.
Does someone noticed the two shades of black and three shades of blue I used? I'm not really sure if you can see the difference on this pic...maybe I have overdone it a bit.

Dlinker
July 28, 2015, 5:28 PM
I can only notice two shades of blue and two shades of black, which look more like black and a light grey.

Battlefrankie
July 29, 2015, 1:52 AM
Maybe it needs a better picture, there are metallic black and blue, flat black and blue and a other blue for the torso...I had the idea to paint all AGE-1 Gundam with the same torso and head colors and bring in some new colors for the arms and legs.