PDA

View Full Version : My First fully painted kit!

ThaDPG
April 5, 2015, 3:56 AM
Just thought I'd share my first attempt at fully painting a kit. I've been working on this thing for about a month and a half in between work, and I realize it's nowhere near the quality of others on here, but I'm satisfied with it, and that's all that counts, right? I've definitly learned a lot, and I'm positive I'll do better on the next kit. I've included a pic of the original unpainted model just for comparison. Let me know what you think and what I can improve on please!
unpainted: 13116 My kit: 13113131141311513118

Dark Matter Dynames
April 5, 2015, 11:16 AM
That looks great!

windschnapper
April 5, 2015, 12:25 PM
That's great. I've never been able to pull myself to paint my gunplas all the way. So, all I've been doing until now is just minor detailing.

ThaDPG
April 5, 2015, 12:44 PM
I definitely learned alot. For my next kit, I'm going to try painting all the decals on that I can. I hate how some of the stickers look up close on this one lol

Chaser90EK
April 5, 2015, 12:48 PM
Well done... can't wait to join you in the painters club. Did you hand paint or use an air brush?

ThaDPG
April 5, 2015, 12:52 PM
I actually used spray cans with a slight bit of hand painting for a few minor details. I do want to get a good airbrush though. That was expensive lol

Snakewar
April 5, 2015, 3:59 PM
Just waw!!! Looks really good!!! I wish I had painted that good my first one lol.
I was thinking to buy the Astray Gold frame kit, but wasn't sure. After looking at yours, I will definitely get it. :P

ThaDPG
April 5, 2015, 4:05 PM
Thanks I appreciate that. It was definitely a fun kit to build. If they ever make an MG version, I'm definitely getting it!

Dlinker
April 6, 2015, 11:37 AM
I think it looks much better than the unpainted version so that already tells you you're going in the right direction. The only thing I can see that needs improvement are better pics so you can show off more of your work.

Hooliopaulio
April 6, 2015, 5:10 PM
^^ Agree with this guy, better pics to show off your work. Looks great, I love the colours used. You should definitely invest in an airbrush. I'm just using one for the fist time and its well worth it. I would like a better one though, and a compressor. Look forward to seeing more work from you :)

ThaDPG
April 6, 2015, 5:40 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys! I actually had the same thought about better pics lol. Guess I just need to set up an area in some corner of my house