PDA

View Full Version : Exia vs Epyon

windkami
February 13, 2015, 9:52 PM
Exia vs Epyon

Pilots will be Setsuna (S1), Zechs (End of GW)

Battleground: A deserted generic city.

This is a battle of Melee specific Mobile Suits.

Lets go over some specifics:

Exia has an array of weapons, and a shield, has near perfect maneuverability with the GN drive, and finally its trump card is the Trans AM which runs about 3 minutes and anyone who has ever been in a fight would know may as well be an eternity. They are both melee and will be in a slug fest not a drawn out shoot out.

Epyon has high speed, that darn indestructible Gundanium alloy, a high output extending beam saber, and the heat rod. This thing is durable, fast and efficient at destroying things.

Fight!

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
February 13, 2015, 10:05 PM
Setsuna. I know it'll be argued against, but Gundanium Alloy's strength is still limited vs beam weapons, and Exia does have a beam pistol that fires at a high rate of speed, so it has a bit of range offensive power that Eypon can't overcome with ease after it has been fired, like Wing Zero's rifle.

There is also the mobility difference due to weight/mass. Exia's GN Drive makes the machine lighter, and more maneverable, meaning it would be able to out attack the Eypon similar to the way it carved up the Enact in episode 1.

Gundam_Asgard
February 14, 2015, 12:22 AM
lets see here.

*clash clash*

"you can't hope to match Epyon"

*clash clash, epyon kicks it.*

"This guys tough"

*Exia shoots some. Epyon dodges around.*

"dont bring a gun to a sword fight. wheres your honor?"

*epyon cuts weapon out of setsuna hand, kicks exia instead of a fatal hit because, honor.*

"I have no choices. trans-AM"

exia trans-ams, starts whooping on Epyon.

"zero, show me the way"

Zechs sees no future where he can beat Exia in trans-am. exia wins.

Zeon's RedComet
February 14, 2015, 9:19 AM
I'm, going Epyon.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO Zechs is a better pilot than S1 Setsuna, who was never that good of a pilot, and while Trans-am is worrysome, it leaves him open afterwards, all Zechs has to do is predict the future and keep his guard up.

Master Of Gundams
February 14, 2015, 12:58 PM
ZERO system.
Yeah, we know how that goes.

Gundam_Asgard
February 14, 2015, 3:04 PM
Zechs only seemed like a better pilot in comparison because he fought weaker opponents. I mean, his main fights were against Heero, and Heero is prolly the weakest protag in gundam history, especially in duels. easy to make Zechs look godly when he fights chumps.

From the get go graham had to fight tougher opponents. setsuna is much more skilled than heero to compare. But Graham was able to handle cases for handi-cap fights, 1 vs 2 or more aces with a lot better strides...

And As I say about Zero System aaaallll the time; You can see the future all you want, it isnt going to make you a better pilot. If you are just simply incapable of fighting a superior opponent, then all you're gonna see is your demise.

Hayato isnt gonna suddenly beat Char just because he can peek into the future.

Master Of Gundams
February 14, 2015, 3:57 PM
Zechs only seemed like a better pilot in comparison because he fought weaker opponents. I mean, his main fights were against Heero, and Heero is prolly the weakest protag in gundam history, especially in duels. easy to make Zechs look godly when he fights chumps.

From the get go graham had to fight tougher opponents. setsuna is much more skilled than heero to compare. But Graham was able to handle cases for handi-cap fights, 1 vs 2 or more aces with a lot better strides...

And As I say about Zero System aaaallll the time; You can see the future all you want, it isnt going to make you a better pilot. If you are just simply incapable of fighting a superior opponent, then all you're gonna see is your demise.

Hayato isnt gonna suddenly beat Char just because he can peek into the future.
Zechs also has to sort out what is real and what isn't' when using the ZERO system. If he doesn't, he'll perish.

Gundam_Asgard
February 14, 2015, 4:00 PM
God forbid if a Zero System user ever had to face funnel(esque) technology.

good thing the AC is behind on that one xD

Zeon's RedComet
February 14, 2015, 4:05 PM
God forbid if a Zero System user ever had to face funnel(esque) technology.

good thing the AC is behind on that one xD

Lol yeah AC didn't have any remote weapons until FT.

And we don't talk about FT.

- - - Updated - - -

That said it's kind of refreshing to not have Remote weapons lol. I must say that lol.

Gundam_Asgard
February 14, 2015, 4:22 PM
Hooray for mediocre science!

Zeon's RedComet
February 14, 2015, 4:28 PM
hooray for mediocre science!

yeah!

Yeah mr. White!

Yeah science!

Gundam_Asgard
February 14, 2015, 5:04 PM
hm hm. Amuro's Dad with the Zaku "Upgrade" for the gundam was better tech than what Dr. J worked with.

Gotta hand it to the other 4 scientists though. they took a fragment Wing Zero's blueprints and somehow made 4 Gundams with Zero (heh heh) relation or similarities to the base unit.

Deathscythe!
February 15, 2015, 8:00 PM
Although Zechs is unquestionably better than Setsuna (S1), his suit would not be on par with Exia if this match-up ever occured.
Let me explain :

The Epyon, being a suit from AC, is very bulky and therefore easier to hit with both, melee and ranged attacks.
I don't know whose suit's equipment is stronger, nor could I care less, it's saddening for me to say Epyon will give in as soon as Exia's v-tec kicks in.

extend
February 15, 2015, 11:19 PM
Lol yeah AC didn't have any remote weapons until FT.

And we don't talk about FT.

- - - Updated - - -

That said it's kind of refreshing to not have Remote weapons lol. I must say that lol.

Planet defensors? It might not be an actual remote weapon, but it's something such as a limited form of remote equipment.
There was a time when Duo was fighting against mobile doll versions of Mercurius and Vayeate where the Mercurius used the Planet Defensors to attack Deathscythe Hell which was easily deflected though. LOL

Zeon's RedComet
February 15, 2015, 11:26 PM
Touche I spaced those.

Which is funny because they where some of my favorite uses of mobile weapons, with them being more defensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Touche I spaced those.

Which is funny because they where some of my favorite uses of mobile weapons, with them being more defensive.

Gundam_Asgard
February 16, 2015, 12:05 AM
I like the Planet Defensors too, but i knowingly didn't count them. I know its similar technology and all... but still just not the same.

Also, let snot forget that of all plot armor, Gundanium is by far the weakest.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
February 16, 2015, 1:05 AM
I like the Planet Defensors too, but i knowingly didn't count them. I know its similar technology and all... but still just not the same.

Also, let snot forget that of all plot armor, Gundanium is by far the weakest.
Inconsistent is a better word to.describe Gundanium.

Gundam_Asgard
February 16, 2015, 1:14 AM
Bullets CAN hurt it. Bullets have destroyed parts (hell remember when some vulcans destroyed a Gundams shield?), and even downright pinned Gundams into submission.

Inconsistency may be part of the issue, but you gotta put facts together and round it out.

Gundarium was strong enough that even though Char' with the Zaku completely outmatched Amuro and Gundam he simply couldnt beat its strength with conventional weaponry.
Basic Unupgraded PS Armor could take over 76 Missile hits (big BuCUE missiles at that) before deactivation (and then it got stronger.)
Turn A nano-tech armor... well.... fking nano is in the name, you get how strong that is.
But Gundanium. It could take some hit thanks to thickness. but end of the day, Bullets could beat it if applied enough and a bazooka-esque weapon even straight up wrecked it.

extend
February 16, 2015, 1:26 AM
Bullets CAN hurt it. Bullets have destroyed parts (hell remember when some vulcans destroyed a Gundams shield?), and even downright pinned Gundams into submission.

Inconsistency may be part of the issue, but you gotta put facts together and round it out.

Gundarium was strong enough that even though Char' with the Zaku completely outmatched Amuro and Gundam he simply couldnt beat its strength with conventional weaponry.
Basic Unupgraded PS Armor could take over 76 Missile hits (big BuCUE missiles at that) before deactivation (and then it got stronger.)
Turn A nano-tech armor... well.... fking nano is in the name, you get how strong that is.
But Gundanium. It could take some hit thanks to thickness. but end of the day, Bullets could beat it if applied enough and a bazooka-esque weapon even straight up wrecked it.

Turn A nano-tech armor? If I remember correctly, Turn A's armor had dents during physical impacts. What the nano-tech did was to restore Turn A back after a certain amount of time like days.

Gundam_Asgard
February 16, 2015, 1:42 AM
Yeah... thats pretty awesome. you can damage it, but its like... futile. Like having a metal regen.

captain zaku
March 9, 2015, 1:28 PM
Exia I will not argue is the faster Gundam given trans am. but Epyon trumps it in over all raw power.

personally I see epyon winning not cause of the zero system but out of being a superior pilot to setsuna. Zechs has show to do well fighting against Machines far superior to his. Setsuna isnt that comptiant of a pilot by the end of the 1st season to go up against Zechs maybe season 2 but not one.

but thats my opinion you dont have to agree with it.

Gundam_Asgard
March 9, 2015, 2:19 PM
Its like I said before, Zechs only seems like he is a better raw skill pilot because he only fought weaker opponents. I mean, literally about the only real ace he ever fought like... actual fights with was Heero... and Heero is a pretty terrible pilot in the grand scheme of things. and then like every other characters, basically all other fights were with no skill mooks.

Twitch
March 9, 2015, 10:38 PM
https://tribkswb.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/michael-jackson-meme.png?w=562

I find the rants here, amusing...

extend
March 9, 2015, 11:53 PM
Yeah... thats pretty awesome. you can damage it, but its like... futile. Like having a metal regen.

Not to derail the thread, but just a response to the post.

But the thing is even if you have that tech on a mobile suit, you can still disable that mobile suit in a battle and effectively stop it - even dismantle it if you want. The pilot can still be killed. It's not some kind of insta-repair on the spot. The thing is like a type of auto-maintenance/repair thing.

Twitch
March 10, 2015, 12:02 AM
Not to derail the thread, but just a response to the post.

But the thing is even if you have that tech on a mobile suit, you can still disable that mobile suit in a battle and effectively stop it - even dismantle it if you want. The pilot can still be killed. It's not some kind of insta-repair on the spot. The thing is like a type of auto-maintenance/repair thing.

Exactly, you can deal more damage than what the nanobots can keep up with.

Back on topic, what is stronger than plot Gundanium armor? PS? VPS? Strike armor? Freedom armor? Strike Freedom armor...

I just had a thought. Plot Gundanium armor is like rolling a D20. Roll a 20 and you are set. Roll a 1, and well, we know how that goes... I believe that the D20 roll should be taken into consideration when comparing Exia and Epyon.

Gundam_Asgard
March 10, 2015, 12:22 AM
Exactly, you can deal more damage than what the nanobots can keep up with.

Back on topic, what is stronger than plot Gundanium armor? PS? VPS? Strike armor? Freedom armor? Strike Freedom armor...

I just had a thought. Plot Gundanium armor is like rolling a D20. Roll a 20 and you are set. Roll a 1, and well, we know how that goes... I believe that the D20 roll should be taken into consideration when comparing Exia and Epyon.

usually when people say back on topic... they actually go back on topic.

Twitch
March 10, 2015, 12:34 AM
usually when people say back on topic... they actually go back on topic.

It came back on topic. I had to discuss the technicalities behind the Gundanium armor and how it factors in against Exia. Sometimes it works great, sometimes not so much. It must also be compared against other plot armors to see how effective of a plot armor it really is.

windschnapper
March 16, 2015, 4:16 AM
Maybe we could use the max armor?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean the max power of gundanium.