PDA

View Full Version : Radio Controlled thread. if you got em post em.

Zaku
January 7, 2015, 11:58 PM
So does anyone on here like to play with RCs? i have a few myself and still fly sometimes. i used to have a lot more but either sold them or crashed them lol. what kind of equipment do you run? i have a DX6i and used it for all my planes and helicopters. i only have one RC that does not fly. a Traxxas 1/16 Slash. i have the brushless version i love this little thing. you can slap two LIPOs in it and it will fly. i used to have the 3.3 Jato and that thing was ridiculously fast. as far as planes the only ones i have left now are a Hobyco Superstar with stock engine and a Hangar 9 F4U with a Saito FA100 four stroke. and two helis a MSR and a Blade 400. i have enough parts to build three more electric foamys though. the last one i had was a parkzone F4U and i loved it. i let a good friend of mine fly it and he ran it into a light poll. it had survived a few more crashes before that but nothing that bad it was totaled. i think when i get around to it ill have to buy the airframe and rebuild it. it was a wonderful little plane. so hat do you fly, drive, whatever?

gundammonkey
January 8, 2015, 12:49 AM
I don't have too many RCs that fly. I do have two helicopters one Apache and one that came with a RC truck. I do have and RC frightliner truck. It has a flat bed for a trailer and the helicopter lands on the trailer. Nothing fancy but they are fun. I found a RC Chinook helicopter once but I have never found it again. I gave it to my brother (okiera29) but he used it so much the battery is dead. :( That's what happens when you have an empty helicopter hanger to fly your RC helicopters in, you end up wearing them out. My new toy is a 1/16 RC Tiger Tank, it even shoots little BBs it's fun to chase the cat with. I will post a few pics latter.

Zaku
January 8, 2015, 1:04 AM
those little micro choppers are fun. and ive been trying to find a real quality RC tank for a long time. the only ones i can find are really cheap. and the quality ones ive found are scratch built. i haven't flown anything in a while its been way to cold. my larger planes i have to fly at an AMA field and the club closest to me is 70 bucks a month to fly there. and my Corsair sucks down fuel like its cool so flying becomes expensive fast. all the electric stuff i can fly at my local park though so its free. and where is Okiera? he hasent been online in a while. i figured he would be done with his new garage by now. and there are co-axial Chinooks all over the place but they look like crap quality. if i see a nice on ill let you know.

gundammonkey
January 8, 2015, 1:28 AM
His wife broke her heel, so he has been busy taking care of that and remodeing the back half of the house. The garage didn't go as smooth as we had hoped. But things are getting a bit better. I'll be stopping by next week to see him and do that hole christmas thing with him. He's getting a PG strike and the thunderbolt psycho Zaku. (I'm the cool brother) He will be back life just got in the way.

- - - Updated - - -

My tank is a box tank, but it has been worked on. My parents bought it for me as a thank you gift for all the work I do for them. ( I take care of the house for them Dad 83 mom 73) but when the owner of the hobby shop they bought it from found out who they were he wouldn't let them take it home till he worked on it a bit. He and I are good friends so he souped it up for me and put a better battery in it and gave it a bigger better motor. The thing will go up stairs! not to much stops the thing but hell it's a freekin' TANK!

Zaku
January 8, 2015, 1:42 AM
oh ouch i remember that now. yea sounds like life is really taking up his time. and wow cool brother indeed. im jelly. so i doubt he got around to setting up his airbrush in the garage?
and that was nice of them and really cool of the owner we dont have a RC hobby shop around here anymore the last one we had was a price gauging ass hole so he went out of business fast. and that thing does sound beastly id like to see a pic when you have time.

gundammonkey
January 8, 2015, 1:51 AM
I got the PG 00 razor and the PG strike for $400. he works deals with me. I seem to buy a lot from him. He calls me when his shipments come in and I get first pick before anything goes out on the shelves. He can almost mach HLJ (once you add in shipping)on most stuff. I will post pics of the tank tomorrow.

Zaku
January 8, 2015, 2:06 AM
wow im really jealous the shop i was talking about just sold RC stuff. the closest place to me that sells gunpla is an hour away. and ok cool.

- - - Updated - - -

ive heard horrible things about Blitz RCs electronics but there airframes are really sexy. i might just get the kit version of this with none of there electronics. its a really nice looking corsair.
http://www.bananahobby.com/8-ch-blitzrcworks-super-f4u-corsair-v2-rc-warbird-airplane-arf.html

gundammonkey
January 8, 2015, 2:25 AM
I have been looking at the RCs that have 4 blades the are like helicopters but with 4 rotors. They look really stable but I don't know I want to have helicopter fun at the truck stop. I would really like one that I could fly over the meteor creator in Arizona and put a camera in it. That would be epic. I saw one in a store but it was about $1,000.00 and that is a bit over my budget. But to do the creator thing it would need to be able to handle winds up to 40 -70 mph so I don't see that happening any time soon on my budget.

Zeta
January 8, 2015, 2:27 AM
I've got an RC car. It's a Tamiya TT-01 electric RTR with a Porsche Carrera body. It's pretty quick and very nimble. I haven't had it do a lap on a track as I don't know any RC car tracks around where I live, and I don't have the proper tires (racing slicks) needed to perform a great lap.

gundammonkey
January 8, 2015, 2:33 AM
Porsche body! man that thing is going fast just sitting still. I like the Porsche.

Zeta
January 8, 2015, 2:45 AM
Yep, Porsche's are awesome. When I went to the LA Auto Show a few years ago, I stopped by their booth and picked up an official Porsche hat.

Zaku
January 8, 2015, 2:52 AM
I have been looking at the RCs that have 4 blades the are like helicopters but with 4 rotors. They look really stable but I don't know I want to have helicopter fun at the truck stop. I would really like one that I could fly over the meteor creator in Arizona and put a camera in it. That would be epic. I saw one in a store but it was about $1,000.00 and that is a bit over my budget. But to do the creator thing it would need to be able to handle winds up to 40 -70 mph so I don't see that happening any time soon on my budget.

4 rotors? you mean co-axial or just four main rotors? im assuming you fly fixed pitch? the blade 400 i have can handle a lot of wind and you can buy very small cameras that dont add a lot of weight. you can get the blade 400 RTF with a JR DX5e for a reasonable price. i got mine bind and fly because i already had my DX6i and it was 300. im not sure what the RTF goes for anymore. but im sure you dont want a 3D heli anyways. if you arent really practiced you would want to stick to fixed pitch.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got an RC car. It's a Tamiya TT-01 electric RTR with a Porsche Carrera body. It's pretty quick and very nimble. I haven't had it do a lap on a track as I don't know any RC car tracks around where I live, and I don't have the proper tires (racing slicks) needed to perform a great lap.

i used to have a Tamiya buggy. one of the old old ones that had the manual speed control. it was a lot of fun but parts were really hard to come by. im not a car guy but i almost bought the Tamiya coppermix. the electronics in it are really lame but i could pimp it out easy enough 116031160411605

Zeta
January 8, 2015, 3:01 AM
i used to have a Tamiya buggy. one of the old old ones that had the manual speed control. it was a lot of fun but parts were really hard to come by. im not a car guy but i almost bought the Tamiya coppermix. the electronics in it are really lame but i could pimp it out easy enough 116031160411605

That picture of the TT-01D chassis shows off one it's best assets: Modularity. With some fiddling, you can change out the motor, ESC, and battery in order to up the performance on your car.

Zaku
January 8, 2015, 4:22 AM
yea it certanly gives you a lot of space to fiddle with. i think the built it with modifications in mind. the crap brushed motor and the crap ESC, receiver, and basic NiMH battery. it just screams UPGRADE ME!! a lot of companies do that to keep initial cost down.

- - - Updated - - -

actually i just noticed the ESC receiver and steering servo are not included

Zeta
January 8, 2015, 4:46 AM
Well there's your problem, that's the Kit Version which allows for upgrades. You need to upgrade from a brushed motor to a brushless one like I have in mine.

Zaku
January 8, 2015, 4:49 AM
yea i have a spare brushless motor that size if i get this. and a Lipo i can slap in it. but im a plane guy cars are kinda meh. id rather buy another plane. or rebuild one of the ones i used to have.

gundammonkey
January 8, 2015, 8:40 PM
Zaku here is my Tank :D
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad335/gundam-monkey/birds025_zps2818c963.jpg (http://s949.photobucket.com/user/gundam-monkey/media/birds025_zps2818c963.jpg.html)
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad335/gundam-monkey/birds026_zps8e9441d9.jpg (http://s949.photobucket.com/user/gundam-monkey/media/birds026_zps8e9441d9.jpg.html)

Zeta
January 8, 2015, 8:56 PM
That's a Tiger I tank. What scale is it in?

gundammonkey
January 8, 2015, 9:08 PM
1/16 Tiger tank. It has been supped up a bit too. Don't ask how I have no idea the owner of my hobby shop did it for me. The tank was a gift, all I know is not much of anything can stop it (with in reason it is an RC) and it shoots BBs too.:o:evil:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna take it apart and do some painting to it latter. Add weathering and mud and what not. Make it look less like a "dog and pony show" tank and more like a war machine that it is.

- - - Updated - - -

The green wheel in the background is a lawn mower if you want a bit of size comparison.

Zaku
January 8, 2015, 9:39 PM
Oh wow that looks like its good quality. What brand is it? And does the turret have a full range of motion?

gundammonkey
January 8, 2015, 10:31 PM
It is a Taigen 1/16 Tiger I Panzerkampfwagen Apparently it is German. Yes the turret has full range, you can spin it all day and the cannon goes up and down.

Zaku
January 8, 2015, 11:32 PM
Thats awesome. I want one of these now. And weathering would really look kick ass on this thing.

Zaku
January 22, 2015, 7:30 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ghEFOSD9_Co

Zechs36
January 23, 2015, 12:06 AM
Let the hate begin. RC Zaku! (those are 1/100 scales next to it for size reference)
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m330/zechs36/Gunpla/DSC_8321.jpg

gundammonkey
January 23, 2015, 12:17 AM
Gurrrrrrrr! So what dose it do? Walk talk kill feddies? How do I get one. Yes VERY JELLY!

Zechs36
January 23, 2015, 12:24 AM
Currently, nothing as the batteries are beyond dead. However, the "eye" has a camera built in that allows you to look around via the controller. Also, the gun shoots airsoft bbs

gundammonkey
January 23, 2015, 12:24 AM
Holy crap. Found it on goggle $1350.00 US well that just put me out of getting one. Unless you know of a cheaper way to get one.

Zechs36
January 23, 2015, 12:26 AM
I didn't spend NEARLY that much on mine. I bought it from an airsoft buddy who had it sitting in a storage shed for years.

gundammonkey
January 23, 2015, 12:29 AM
JELLY on top of even more JELLY! :) no bread no peanut butter just lots of JELLY!

Zaku
January 23, 2015, 12:32 AM
man ive dreamed of getting one of those. i hate you so much right now. you have no idea. blood boiling foaming at the mouth RAGE

gundammonkey
January 23, 2015, 12:39 AM
Zaku I say we boycott him. Zechs36 is hear by no longer liked by us. Too much rage and jelly. ;P

Zaku
January 23, 2015, 1:10 AM
lol. Zechs36 who is that? never heard of em.

Zeon's RedComet
January 23, 2015, 1:24 AM
Remote controlled mobile suit?

http://i.imgur.com/cSvjfB7.png

Seriously though that thing is based. Though Treize wouldn't approve.

That said I've always wanted to get into serious RC's had some kiddy ones as a kid, and used to live near one of those shops that sold the gas powered one, but too rich for my blood.

Zaku
January 23, 2015, 1:27 AM
yea sadly its a really expensive hobby. like the engine on my corsair is 400 bucks

Zaku
March 16, 2015, 2:59 AM
Let the hate begin. RC Zaku! (those are 1/100 scales next to it for size reference)
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m330/zechs36/Gunpla/DSC_8321.jpg

im still jealous as hell. i could see myself buying one of these but id have to sell some stuff. oh and get lucky enough to find one. and sell some more stuff. lol. in plane related news i crashed on of my nitro planes. its nothing bad at all but it still embarrassing. a bit of epoxy and ill be back in the air.

- - - Updated - - -

you know how when something looks to life like and it looks creepy? well i found a company that does RC pilot figures of you or famous pilots or whoever you want and they are so good they really look real. some of the pictures of the figures in the planes look so real you would have to already know they are RCs.
http://bestpilots.typepad.com/my_weblog/a-pilot-that-looks-like-you.html

- - - Updated - - -

pappy boyington died the year i was born. that makes me sad for some reason.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
March 16, 2015, 3:46 AM
I would love to have an RC Dom.

Zaku
March 16, 2015, 4:09 AM
That would be bad ass. And if it weren't for that 1350.00 dollar price tag id have an RC me in half a heart beat. Or maybe ill get a mega size me and build my own.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
March 16, 2015, 4:31 AM
135k????!!!!! HORY SHEET!!!!

windschnapper
March 16, 2015, 5:07 AM
Why don't you buy an rc tank and mod it into zakutank?

Zaku
March 16, 2015, 5:26 AM
I could do that. Take a cheap rc tank. Cast the rifle in resin then hollow it out and install the guts that would work to make it shoot. Ive got a little Chars Zaku that walks around and I can reverse engineer that and make the mega size zaku walk. I have a lot of left over RC stuff from old planes I used to have. Like servos bearings and stuff. I could use my forge to cast some aluminium parts for strength. Its plausible. And I know Dom. Thats an expensive beast.

- - - Updated - - -
Though this was cool
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MLyjqo5CYc4

Zaku
January 24, 2016, 8:44 PM
this is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA8jPjjPwkk

Zeon's RedComet
January 24, 2016, 9:02 PM
this is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA8jPjjPwkk

I love scale engines as a car guy they just really appeal to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1wpi2o1Q2o

This one is one of my favorites I've seen, saw it on facebook awhile ago. Guy actually handbuilt and went of of Porsche factory schematics just building it all obviously at a 1:3 scale.

Zaku
February 14, 2016, 10:01 PM
I really though i replied to your comment ZRC. maybe im loosing my mind. lol. anyways. that engine is pure sexiness. straight up beast mode.

check out this P-51.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prIWEg4Kw70

- - - Updated - - -

its so cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSgRTPGYEQA

Banshee
February 15, 2016, 12:21 AM
Oh man... An RC thread?...!...

Love Rc. It's the reason I have yet to start my next gunpla kit. Lol.

While you all seem to enjoy flight, it is something that escapes me. I stick to surface rc. I have a couple of boats as well. Spent a few hours waiting for them to drift in. Hahahahaha

Zaku
February 15, 2016, 12:30 AM
i used to live in North Carolina and i had a few gas boats. i never really got the hang of fine tuning them. they would always roll over when i turned at full speed. but man the rooster tails they threw were awesome. they were so fast. i ended up trading them for a few planes. lol aviation is a love of mine for sure. what boat do you have?

Banshee
February 15, 2016, 12:50 AM
I try and stick to FE boats..

ProBoat Formula FASTec and Shockwave 26. Rarely have issues with them. Usually dead LIPO packs strands them. Had a bad receiver get wet once, hit a duck(I think) another time, that was a ProBoat Impulse. Lost that one to the depths. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Almost forgot about the Traxxas Villain EX sitting on the shelf with the other 2. By far the easiest to drive.

Zaku
February 15, 2016, 1:10 AM
cool man. and you hit a duck? lol. i had one electric boat a Widowmaker it was a probat and brushless. it also liked to roll over a lot. the guys at the hobby shop told me how to tune it so i could turn it at full speed but when i got out on the water and tried what they said nothing worked like they said it would and i never got the hang of tuning the little horizontal tabs and the one vertical tab by the rudder. it had a fiberglass hull and the brushless motor was water cooled and all i did was get going fast and roll it over lol. i sucked at RC boating. i prefer gas/nitro everything because more run time and more power. but i defiantly see the positives to all electric. they are much cheaper to run. no clean up, no tuning and no engine to have to take care of. and getting water in an engine SUCKS. also with an electric plane you dont have to fly at an AMA field. (what they dont know wont hurt them lol)

Banshee
February 15, 2016, 1:15 AM
Yea.. still can't tune a boat either. I still have 2 nitro powered cars, they have not been driven in years. Lost the radios for them, Jato 3.3, HPI RS4 3 evo, stupidly fast out of the box. Neither ever let me down. Revo 3.3 was stolen out of my garage almost 10 years ago. Bought a Summit, never looked back.

Gave flight a shot with a Blade CX2, sold it 2 years ago. It like walls. Alot. Still have the wife's MCx2, and this little Proto-X the LHS owner gave me. Needless to say she flies much better than I.

Zaku
February 15, 2016, 1:47 AM
Jato 3.3 yay! i had one of those. i wrecked the shit out of it a week after i got it. i was so sad. it happened so fast it took me a second to realize it was torn in half. i hit a curb then the corner of a dumpster at full throttle with plenty of room to build up speed fortunately the engine was alright-ish (its still ran fine but some of the heat sink fins were really bent and stuff) and i managed to salvage most of the parts and Traxxas parts are easy to come by (one of the reasons i love traxxas) so i bought a bunch of parts and re built it. (i was in the Marines so i had government pay check) then eventually sold it for plane stuff.

and you really need to try fixed wing man. it is the best.

Banshee
February 15, 2016, 2:44 PM
Eventually I'll give regular flight a shot. Really REALLY want an an RC A-10. Lol. Just picked up a Tamiya Tiger 1 full option kit. So after I finish my next 2 more HG, and another PG unicorn, oll.be building that tank.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/landshark1/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-02/20160212_224017_zpsaclzmmf1.jpg (http://s22.photobucket.com/user/landshark1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-02/20160212_224017_zpsaclzmmf1.jpg.html)

Zeta
February 15, 2016, 2:47 PM
Eventually I'll give regular flight a shot. Really REALLY want an an RC A-10. Lol. Just picked up a Tamiya Tiger 1 full option kit. So after I finish my next 2 more HG, and another PG unicorn, oll.be building that tank.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/landshark1/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-02/20160212_224017_zpsaclzmmf1.jpg (http://s22.photobucket.com/user/landshark1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-02/20160212_224017_zpsaclzmmf1.jpg.html)

Just hope that the Maybach engine doesn't break down on you lol!

Zaku
February 15, 2016, 3:08 PM
dude thats awesome. i want an RC tank so bad. ive been trying to find an Abrams that looks like its good quality.

- - - Updated - - -

i i could not find a Abrams id really like a Tiger II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JDkdc246QQ

Zeta
February 15, 2016, 3:28 PM
dude thats awesome. i want an RC tank so bad. ive been trying to find an Abrams that looks like its good quality.

Just settle for a Second World War warrior. For me, my dream RC tank would have to be either the M4A3E8 Sherman "Easy Eight" or the Sherman Firefly.

Banshee
February 15, 2016, 4:52 PM
The Tamiya tanks are apparently top notch. If they had an Abrams, I'd have that one. I've always liked the Tiger tanks. It's pretty daunting for someone of my modelling level, or lack thereof. It will be weathered, I'm not making a museum peice.

It was the Tiger I, or theven Leopard. LHS had the Tiger in stock.
http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-kits-30/1-16-radio-control-tank-series-33000/rc-leopard-2-a6-56020

Zaku
February 15, 2016, 6:21 PM
wow that leopard is expensive. makes me wonder if i could scratch build a RC tank. ive seen some people do it. and i can weld. also my neighbor has a plasma cutter i can borrow. i could use the engine out of my chain saw and one of those baja transmissions. i could cast some of the parts out of aluminum and make a drill powered lathe to make the barrel and wheels. it would not have to be perfect. i could add detail and stuff to it later down the road. i saw one guy make tracks out of motorcycle chains. seems do-able.

Banshee
February 16, 2016, 12:28 AM
Nah man.. that's what Tamiya says they "should" sell for. Wife paid 725 for my Tiger I full option kit, MSRP and Tamiyas asking is 1277. The Leopard would be more, not by much, as it is newer, and larger.

Zaku
February 16, 2016, 1:25 AM
thats still a shit ton of money for a RC tank. if it was all metal with a gas engine and shot airsoft BBs and was mostly built i could see 725. but not for one that just has LEDs and tank sounds, brushed motors, no battery, no RX system and inst built at all. this thing should go for like 300 not 725. the photo etched parts and aluminum barrel and chassis are cool but that price.

Banshee
February 16, 2016, 2:51 PM
True. Couldn't say no. She bought it. Lol

Zaku
February 16, 2016, 3:31 PM
lol. yea i get you. all the more reason to love her huh.

Banshee
February 17, 2016, 9:42 PM
You can look at it that way. She is currently looking for metal tracks for it. According to her, "tanks need metal tracks."

Lol

I've been really into scale trail trucks lately.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/landshark1/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/FB_IMG_1448210970234_zpssaarrzyv.jpg (http://s22.photobucket.com/user/landshark1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/FB_IMG_1448210970234_zpssaarrzyv.jpg.html)
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/landshark1/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-12/20151213_133632_zpslnki6hpg.jpg (http://s22.photobucket.com/user/landshark1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-12/20151213_133632_zpslnki6hpg.jpg.html)

Zaku
February 17, 2016, 10:10 PM
thanks do need metal track. clank clank clank.

and those jeeps is awesome. nice detail. sweet little buggy to. ive been looking at scale option parts for my corsair but they are crazy expensive lol.

Banshee
February 24, 2016, 11:22 PM
Thanks!

The Defender 90 was easily 30 hours into the body. Chassis assembly was cake.

That little buggy was my first RC when I started into it again 12 years ago, It's a Losi XX CR.