PDA

View Full Version : Changing of Usernames

DesmoDub
December 31, 2014, 12:47 PM
I was curious if there was a policy on that here. I know it's possible with most forum software.

I signed up here with the username I normally use for Auto/Moto stuff. I would like to switch to my usual screen name if possible.

thwalker13
January 1, 2015, 1:04 AM
It is possible, however the site owners are the only ones with the ability to do so. Asterisk and I don't have the access.

DesmoDub
January 1, 2015, 12:35 PM
Gotcha. No biggie, just curious.

Master Of Gundams
January 11, 2015, 3:41 AM
Bioware social allowed for users to change their username every few months.
However, changing usernames can also allow trolls to lurk.

But personally I think changing usernames should be added in the next update. Have a name history in the profile as well.

Master Of Gundams
March 31, 2015, 2:11 AM
Hmm. Tired of my user name.

Anyone with the powers, mind changing it to N7Jehuty or GundamDynames07 please?

Zeta
March 31, 2015, 3:33 AM
Don't think so. I'm pretty sure that once you pick your user name, it's permanent. I've had mine since well... since I first signed up for this site.

MCGundam
March 31, 2015, 4:13 AM
It sounds okay with me to have the ability change user names if the majority of members would like that option; however, it could create confusion for members if people start switching names others are used to, so I would suggest doing so with some caution. If members respond to this thread and like the idea, then we can do it so long as Chris does not have any concern when I run it by him since he handles the technical end here. My suggestions would be that a member can do it only once or twice per year (to cut down on confusion and work for the admins), the member would need to provide a reason for the change to an admin, and the member should have made a certain number of posts so we can verify he/she is an active member.

This forum exists for you all, so feel free to share your thoughts and decide if it is something you would like to have the option to do. I have standard admin privileges and just tested changing a name. It seemed to work, but I am also not an expert. So, after a discussion with the admins to test things out and be sure they have the same ability, it sounds like something they should be able to do. If there's any problem, we can probably figure out a different way to do it as well.

If there are any changes like this members would like and agree to on the board, an admin can always contact us about possibly making an adjustment. While the admins and moderators are the first source of assistance for members, we can be reached directly as well. The best email address is billing@gundamstoreandmore.com.

Zaku
March 31, 2015, 4:27 AM
im ok with the idea. although ill never quit being a mean green fighting machine. SIEG ZEON!!

Zeon's RedComet
March 31, 2015, 5:25 AM
I see no issue with it, to help circumvent confusion, you can do what another forum I frequent does, and have a name change history section under people's profiles so people can see there.

Personally I welcome the change, though I doubt I'll change my name, unless it's just to the user name I use everywhere else, or adding a space between Red and Comet in my current one, which, was supposed to be there, but I didn't hit the space button apparently rofl.

Exia
March 31, 2015, 7:46 AM
im ok with the idea. although ill never quit being a mean green fighting machine. SIEG ZEON!!

Replace sword wielding with mean green and take out the Sieg Zeon and it's my post lol.

Lacus Prime
March 31, 2015, 8:22 AM
Yeah, I'm okay with the idea as well.

Master Of Gundams
March 31, 2015, 12:47 PM
Thank you man.

There should be a name change history on the profile as well. That'll help on identifying members.

PaladinGundam
April 7, 2015, 3:36 AM
I see no point in it but options are options.

I'm a Gundam of Light and I will always fight for it.

For the Light!!! Hikari Nari