View Full Version : Gundam Girls figurine discussion

NoZaku
November 29, 2014, 7:46 PM
A little discussion of the figurines from the people over at MEGAHOUSE:

10842 10843 10844 10845

Feel free to discuss about them!

Zeta
November 29, 2014, 8:38 PM
I'd get the Sayla one. Always been a big Sayla fan, so to see one getting made is pretty neat.

Deathscythe!
November 30, 2014, 9:33 AM
I do understand people's reasons to get Gunpla, as their fictional counterparts (usually) look original but I don't get why people would get figurines of human beings, especially of female anime characters (The only reason I can infer is sad, just fucking sad)

RuinedExia18
November 30, 2014, 1:41 PM
I'm with D-scythe. The Fumina figure appeals to the "borderline pedophile" group, and both figures of Sei's mom are made for people who love boobs. It's embarrassing to be in a community with people who go crazy over stuff like that.

NoZaku
November 30, 2014, 5:33 PM
What's wrong with loving boobs?

Zeta
November 30, 2014, 9:59 PM
Some people collect Gunpla, some people collect these statues. As for me, I like the Sayla one because it's classy. It shows off her figure without being overly sexualized. Plus, I like her character.

AtomicOldMan
December 1, 2014, 7:59 AM
I can get the appeal to wanting figures of anime, game, or comic characters you like, but there's def a sect of people who want these for more nefarious purposes.

Also, nuts to these lady figurines, where's my Mr.Ral figure.

NoZaku
December 1, 2014, 10:07 AM
Also, nuts to these lady figurines, where's my Mr.Ral figure.

Here you go:

Hokuto no Fan
December 1, 2014, 11:17 AM
A little disappointed, I came in expecting the "MS Girl" line getting figures but oh well...

And what's wrong with boobs?

RuinedExia18
December 1, 2014, 2:06 PM
There's nothing wrong with loving boobs. But there 's definitely something wrong with loving animated or toy boobs.

AtomicOldMan
December 1, 2014, 6:16 PM
Here you go:

Now we're talking.

Aleksei
December 1, 2014, 11:35 PM
They're really making Fumina look hot in tights and all but I can't help see Sei's face on that body so its a no go for me, and theres the age thing someone mentioned already.

NoZaku
December 10, 2014, 4:13 PM
Woof.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/da81583c98e3d0b50fcbe5e7af7b2153/tumblr_ngdlbrWKX11u4rk86o1_r1_1280.jpg

Dom Tropen MS-09D
December 10, 2014, 4:16 PM
I think her pilot suit is A Bit too tight......

Zeta
December 10, 2014, 8:18 PM
I don't know, I think it's just right.

NoZaku
December 10, 2014, 8:48 PM
I don't know, I think it's just right.

I just wish it didn't have so many scars on it.

NoZakuBoy
December 28, 2014, 5:06 PM
I prefer this figure of Marida Cruz, which should hopefully be on it's way soon.

As far as collecting figurines goes, to each his own. I don't see how it's any different from collecting gunpla, trading cards, comic books, etc.

NoZaku
December 28, 2014, 5:23 PM
Want this. I want this a lot.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mcmN_hwRhT0/VKASfhkPPaI/AAAAAAAEz_4/dp492boegto/s1600/011.jpg
http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2014/12/custom-build-gyanko-kaoruko-sazaki.html

RuinedExia18
January 20, 2015, 2:06 PM
It's different than collecting Gunpla because it doesn't flaunt sexual appeal to sell. That's why I'll always see it as below collecting almost everything else. I don't mind characters that are strong leads and genuinely cool characters, but girls that are sold on their sex appeal (animated sex appeal) is just sad. Marida wasn't over sexualized, and her figurine is perfectly fine. As for Gyanko, it's debatable. But Fumina and Sei's mom are just way over the top.

NoZakuBoy
January 21, 2015, 7:07 AM
You raise fair points and I don't disagree with you, but at the same time figurines are crafted to appeal to a wide range of audiences and to classify them all together is a bit problematic. Sure there are many figurines that are overtly sexual, and I find it offensive myself how they objectify women, but at the same time there are a lot that aren't. It's doesn't so much depend on the product as it does the person buying it.

If you're a lecherous individual then you'll likely buy the sleazier figures (which becomes especially troublesome when it's supposed to be a representation of a character in his/her early teens) but I would say those people are fewer and far between. On the other side of the coin are people more interested in having a physical representation of a show/character they connect with. Keep in mind that audience includes children, so naturally there are products that cater to them and everyone else as well. That's why I see no difference between collecting figurines and collecting anything else, it just depends on the person.

tl;dr: While everyone will have their own opinion, I wouldn't dismiss the collecting of figurines as a whole just because some are less than glamorous than others.

Master Of Gundams
January 21, 2015, 8:51 AM
I want one of Lunamaria and Meer.

Grime90Deuce
January 24, 2015, 7:19 PM
Creepy, but not as creepy as the 5 foot tall Anime Girl Pillows they sell at lots of Gundam shops. Those things gross me out, they are so disturbing.

RuinedExia18
February 15, 2015, 2:38 AM
It's different every time. Just like little plastic figurines, pillows can be disgusting if it's an over-the-top sexualized character. I honestly wouldn't mind having a Kati Mannquin figurine, because she's top favorite. And same with a pillow, she was much more than something to look at, so I don't think the intent behind a pillow like that is necessarily "wrong"

Master Of Gundams
February 19, 2015, 11:30 PM
Creepy, but not as creepy as the 5 foot tall Anime Girl Pillows they sell at lots of Gundam shops. Those things gross me out, they are so disturbing.
Sweet, where can I buy one?

ThePowerfulWill
April 12, 2015, 1:13 PM
Just a quick comment, Im a freaking figure skater and I cant make fumina's pose to save my life. But in terms of collecting them, definitely not my thing, but to each his/her own, collect whatever you want.

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
April 12, 2015, 3:39 PM
Meh, they aren't even that cute anyways.

As to some of the objections from before, yall do realize that one of the oldest forms of figurines are the exact things you are decrying anyways.

I don't want them, just not my thing. I think a Super Fumina model kit would be funny, but yeah, if people want them, let them have them, and move on. As to the pedo-crap non-sense, seriously, look at the characters, none of them are drawn to their supposed ages, and their are definitely worse figures out there lol.

NoZaku
April 15, 2015, 10:18 AM
So would Super Fumina go into Gunpla? Or this?

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
April 15, 2015, 12:06 PM
If it is made out of the same abs runners, and polycaps, and designed by the HG team to be a gunpla, it'd be Gunpla. If its just a pre-posed, glue together figure, it's this. lol.

NoZaku
April 15, 2015, 8:26 PM
If it is made out of the same abs runners, and polycaps, and designed by the HG team to be a gunpla, it'd be Gunpla. If its just a pre-posed, glue together figure, it's this. lol.

Or maybe it's gonna be half Model half PVC figure.

Zaku
April 15, 2015, 8:48 PM
id buy a Marida figure. but id have to hide it from my girl friend lol. id only buy figures of characters i really like. not just cause they are hot. thats what images are for.

Lacus Prime
April 15, 2015, 10:36 PM
Or maybe it's gonna be half Model half PVC figure.

The thought has also crossed my mind, the main unit will be a figure, while the armors and weapons will have to be assembled.