PDA

View Full Version : Ya might be a gunpla builder if...

Zaku
November 27, 2014, 4:43 AM
Ya might be a gunpla builder if one of your thumbnails is a bit longer than the other so you can take parts apart because you forgot a ploycap.

>NB4 ya might be a gunpla builder IF YOU DONT FORGET THE POLY CAP YOU FILTHY CASUAL!!
Lol

Ya might be a gunpla builder if when you find something small at work especially something small metal or mechanical looking you first though is "i wonder if i could use this in a gunpla build. Better throw it in my bag" lookin at you valve stem cores. Lol they may come in use someday.

Ya might be a Gunpla builder if when you vacuum your carpet you 1: do so VERY CAREFULLY 2: realize you really are watching like a hawk. Like god himself watches the world. Like a new parent watches a child on his/her first date, like you watch a viper, you burn a hole in the carpet with the shear intensity of you glare at that one section of carpet in front of the vac. 3: heaven forbid you do see something on the floor. Under normal circumstances the laws of physics would no allow mass to stop so sudden but this is a potential lost part we are talking about FUK THE LAWS OF PHYSICS!! your reflex rips the vacuum back and you instantly teleport down to see what the part is just to find its a piece of lint or something. 4: it happened... You missed something... The sound the vacuum makes as it sucks up the small part makes your blood freeze, hairs stand up on the back of your neck and a chill runs down your spine. Youre well within fears iron grip. Your mind races thinking about what part it could be making fear's grip even tighter. Suffocating. You pray it was just a random piece of plastic or something but fear wont let loose its grip yet. You shut it off and open up the dirt trap. The fear of it being a long lost gunpla part drives you you dont care how dirty it is you are going in. After a while of digging you still dont feel that you have searched well enough and the risk of loosing that long lost PG Wing Zero Custom finger forever and the hope of being able to find it one day in the future foreshadowed by painful doubt because you did not search the dirt trap on the vacuum well enough after you heard it suck up something small and hard on this very day. No you WILL find what made that noise YOU WILL find it! BECAUSE THE FINGER OF PG WING ZERO IS WORTH IT!! You dive your hand back in the vacuum dirt resolve found anew and start to hunt more thoroughly than you have ever hunted anything in your life! But you find nothing. Nothing hard enough to make that noise. And after a while you finally give up hope of finding what ever the vac sucked up and go back to vacuuming watching even more diligently. And from now on every time you look at your PG Wing Zero Custom you cant help but wonder... Could it have been?

- - - Updated - - -

Ya might be a Gunpla builder if you own a office chair covered in paint and hobby knife marks lol

skulblaka-ven
November 27, 2014, 8:33 AM
LOL, I second your ranting about vacuum cleaner, Zaku.

Ya might be a Gunpla builder if you don't vacuum your carpet

Riah
November 27, 2014, 8:55 AM
You might be a gunpla builder if you cut at least three of your fingers today.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
November 27, 2014, 8:59 AM
So true.

Chaser90EK
November 27, 2014, 10:38 AM
You might be a gunpla builder if your thumbs are smeared in black from wiping away excess panel lines

skulblaka-ven
November 27, 2014, 11:28 AM
You might be a gunpla builder if half or more of your internet-browsing-time spent at gundam/gunpla blog/forum.

Lacus Prime
November 27, 2014, 6:11 PM
You might be a gunpla builder if a good chunk of you wallet goes to gunpla and related stuff (markers, other materials, that kind of thing)

You might be a gunpla builder if arranging the boxes of your kits feels like you're playing tetris already (I don't throw out boxes, and I'm already running out of space...)

Sinervale
November 27, 2014, 7:35 PM
You might be a gunpla builder if arranging the boxes of your kits feels like you're playing tetris already (I don't throw out boxes, and I'm already running out of space...)

Try that in a barracks room...it's a nightmare

Lacus Prime
November 27, 2014, 7:40 PM
Try that in a barracks room...it's a nightmare

It's already a nightmare... I share a room with my sister and she's already complaining how our room looks like the warehouse of a toy store :D

Zaku
November 27, 2014, 7:43 PM
Why would you keep the boxes when you live in the barracks? when i lived there i just bought a Tupperware bin and kept all my kits in it. if you take them apart they will not get damaged. just make sure you keep your wall locker locked. oh and stack your racks it makes for SO MUCH MORE ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES! lol

- - - Updated - - -

ouch poor fingers. come here ill cauterize the cuts with my heat hawk.

Sinervale
November 27, 2014, 7:50 PM
E6 barracks brother...I got a lot more room for stuff than the junior enlisted.

Zaku
November 27, 2014, 9:44 PM
Oh.... Yep that would do it. So i guess the question now is why is an E-6 living in the bricks? You make enough to get a place right off base easy. Why would you want to live with all the junior enlisted guys? Do you still have to share a head?

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, I second your ranting about vacuum cleaner, Zaku.

Ya might be a Gunpla builder if you don't vacuum your carpet

my vacuum cleaner rant went on longer than i thought it did lol. and i can only imagine the long lost goodies you will find when you finally do one day. or at least i hope you find. happy hunting brother.

- - - Updated - - -

You might be a gunpla builder if half or more of your internet-browsing-time spent at gundam/gunpla blog/forum.

I try no to think about how much time i spend doing that. or how much time i spend on this very site...

skulblaka-ven
November 28, 2014, 5:39 AM
my vacuum cleaner rant went on longer than i thought it did lol. and i can only imagine the long lost goodies you will find when you finally do one day. or at least i hope you find. happy hunting brother.
Yes, I hope so. That precious infinite justice v-fin jewel, long has been it eluded me, though I'm not giving up.. I will find it..

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag354/Skulblaka-ven/Mobile%20Uploads/CYMERA_20141128_163537_zps37070753.jpg (http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Skulblaka-ven/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CYMERA_20141128_163537_zps37070753.jpg.html)

Chaser90EK
December 2, 2014, 5:49 PM
You have had so many parcels shipped to your house internationally the DOJ and Department of Homeland Security have you on a watch list.

Zaku
December 2, 2014, 5:55 PM
Yes, I hope so. That precious infinite justice v-fin jewel, long has been it eluded me, though I'm not giving up.. I will find it..

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag354/Skulblaka-ven/Mobile%20Uploads/CYMERA_20141128_163537_zps37070753.jpg (http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Skulblaka-ven/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CYMERA_20141128_163537_zps37070753.jpg.html)
hahahaha i know you will with resolve like that you cannot fail.

You have had so many parcels shipped to your house internationally the DOJ and Department of Homeland Security have you on a watch list.
seriously? lol like do you have a van parked right down the street with a guy with binoculars and a suspicious look on his face? lol that would be interesting.

skulblaka-ven
December 3, 2014, 6:05 AM

That's a whole new level.. LoL

TripleZeta
December 6, 2014, 4:57 AM
I lost a Gundam Heavyarms Custom's V fin once and it made me stop building for months.

skulblaka-ven
December 6, 2014, 8:45 AM
Got a new one, You might be a gunpla builder if the first thing you think about when you got your paycheck is the kit that on your wishlist.

Chaser90EK
December 8, 2014, 5:22 PM
You get a Christmas card from a Japanese toy store thanking you for your frequent and loyal patronage...

Riah
December 10, 2014, 1:31 AM
When just accidentally breaking some plastic makes you feel like you just abused a dog or a child.

gundammonkey
December 11, 2014, 11:36 AM
You no lo get have a spare bedroom in your house, it is now a Gundam room.

You get the "Rosetta stone" language DVD just so you can learn Japanese so you can read the bandi news letter in the lost hope of getting g one of the coveted "Web exclusives"

- - - Updated - - -

Zaku: I fully understand your rant about the vacuum. That is why I don't have carpet any where near the gundam room. Hard wood floors are great. Yes the parts bounce and can go any place in the room, but the good part is you just treat it like Lego's walk around without shoes on and you will find the part painfully but you will find the part

skulblaka-ven
December 11, 2014, 12:29 PM
Hard floor could accidentally open portal to other dimension, and if you lucky to find it with your feet, more likely the part would break, especially if it is the v-fin..😅

gundammonkey
December 11, 2014, 1:37 PM
true my friend very true if you step on the park you might break it I generally just use a broom and sweep up around the area if I drop a Part. To this day the only part I have lost was the hands to my wing zero but that was because my cat thought they make great toys and I have never found them again

Deathscythe!
December 11, 2014, 4:03 PM
Ya might be a gunpla builder if...

Half of your money goes to Japanese mechants and vendors selling figurines, toys and model kits

skulblaka-ven
December 11, 2014, 4:51 PM
Half of your money goes to Japanese mechants and vendors selling figurines, toys and model kits

And the other half goes to art supplies store selling paint and other tools

true my friend very true if you step on the park you might break it I generally just use a broom and sweep up around the area if I drop a Part. To this day the only part I have lost was the hands to my wing zero but that was because my cat thought they make great toys and I have never found them again

Lucky you, man, for only losing hand of WZC. I even lost track for what I lost, especially parts of my older kit.

Chaser90EK
December 12, 2014, 12:19 PM
You are compelled to file down and sand nub marks on things you own (ex. The rubber ear pieces on my headphones)

gundammonkey
December 19, 2014, 6:24 PM
your friends think you are depressed because you walk around with your head down. Nope you'er just looking for lost parts. "I have never been here, but you never know the part might, just might be here"

Lacus Prime
December 19, 2014, 6:39 PM
That feeling when you cut a part out of the runner and it flies away... and you can't do anything but watch.
Yeah, it's happened.

Zaku
December 19, 2014, 7:04 PM
@Gundammoneky lol i cant say ive heard that one.

@Lacus. And the part flys away from you in slow motion. Lol

Chaser90EK
December 19, 2014, 8:50 PM
That feeling when you cut a part out of the runner and it flies away... and you can't do anything but watch.
Yeah, it's happened.

I feel like I'm in Wanted...my adrenaline insta-spikes and time slows down

skulblaka-ven
December 19, 2014, 11:10 PM
I feel like I'm in Wanted...my adrenaline insta-spikes and time slows down

That would be standard skill of any gunpla builder, man, you'd follow the trajectory of any flying part to the milimeter, in slow motion.

gundammonkey
December 20, 2014, 12:04 AM
That would be standard skill of any gunpla builder, man, you'd follow the trajectory of any flying part to the milimeter, in slow motion.

untill it hits the carpet monster who has the ability to move things after they have landed. You see the part, you get up walk over and POOF it is no longer there! The carpet monster.

skulblaka-ven
December 20, 2014, 12:18 AM
Especially if the carpet is grey, it vaporized small part such as a finger of MG..

Riah
December 20, 2014, 8:15 PM
You might be a gunpla builder if you use a beam saber as a makeshift stylus.

skulblaka-ven
December 20, 2014, 11:06 PM
You might be a gunpla builder if you use a beam saber as a makeshift stylus.

Wait, beamsaber can do that? I'm trying it on my phone and it doesn't work, well I know it won't work but i still tested it because of you statement.

Gundam_Asgard
December 21, 2014, 5:52 AM
you might be a gunpla builder if you're picky about who touches your gunpla/parts.

My brother wanted to see my saviour Gundam when i was building. as soon as he picked up apart, he dropped a piece on the floor. had to spend 10 minutes looking for it, which brings me to;

you might be a gunpla builder when your knees are bruised from scrounging the ground for missing pieces.

when helping my friend build is RG Destiny, he lost a sticker decal. he kept building, i searched for 20 long minutes to find it... turned out it was still on the table, slipped under the manual.

Riah
December 24, 2014, 4:12 AM
Wait, beamsaber can do that? I'm trying it on my phone and it doesn't work, well I know it won't work but i still tested it because of you statement.
Well for my case it was for a 3DS, using my GM's saber. Soft plastic and all that. DS touch screens are more designed for styluses and thus tinier inputs while a smart phone is more made with your fingers in mind so smartphone/tablet styluses are obviously bigger.

skulblaka-ven
December 24, 2014, 6:13 AM
Well for my case it was for a 3DS, using my GM's saber. Soft plastic and all that. DS touch screens are more designed for styluses and thus tinier inputs while a smart phone is more made with your fingers in mind so smartphone/tablet styluses are obviously bigger.

Ah, for 3DS, now it makes sense :D
And for the smartphone, it doesn't have to be big, as long it can absorb electric charge, it will work (which beamsaber don't). That's how capaitive touchscreen work, you finger absorb some electric charge from the screen. And sorry for the thread derailment.

windschnapper
January 3, 2015, 1:06 PM
untill it hits the carpet monster who has the ability to move things after they have landed. You see the part, you get up walk over and POOF it is no longer there! The carpet monster.

I always make sure that the desk I'm working on is not on carpet, but ceramic.

- - - Updated - - -

And don't forget the ears, the sound of falling parts. Ya might be a gunpla builder if your ears could work together with your eyes, to predict the trajectory accurately, just like bats(for hardwood/ ceramic tile user)

DesmoDub
January 4, 2015, 12:29 AM
You see a really badass weapon part online and start plotting what gunpla to build to use it with.

Chaser90EK
January 4, 2015, 2:39 PM
You empty your pockets out at the end of the day and find nubs and bits of plastic that happened to land in there.

Zaku
January 11, 2015, 9:10 AM
You watch your cat like a hawk when she is in the room your kits are in. She likes to knock things over. Lol

Chaser90EK
January 25, 2015, 11:04 AM
If it's 10 PM and you say to yourself, "Ok... just one more easy section and I'll go to bed." Then you finish and look at the clock and realize it's after 2AM

If you have hobby knife cuts on top of another hobby knife cut >.>

Dom Tropen MS-09D
January 25, 2015, 11:06 AM
When your constantly thinking about Kit Bashes and mods to your kits.

Zaku
January 25, 2015, 5:36 PM
When your constantly thinking about Kit Bashes and mods to your kits.

its the best thing ever.

Lacus Prime
January 27, 2015, 7:47 AM
Ah, for 3DS, now it makes sense :D
And for the smartphone, it doesn't have to be big, as long it can absorb electric charge, it will work (which beamsaber don't). That's how capaitive touchscreen work, you finger absorb some electric charge from the screen. And sorry for the thread derailment.

Can you explain how this works then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVKBVqkg8W4

Chaser90EK
January 27, 2015, 1:43 PM
You see something on the ground and pick it up only to see if you can use it on a kit (I found an rubber piece from an earbud and thought I could use it to line a thruster >.>

RuinedExia18
February 21, 2015, 2:07 PM
When you play SRW and cry when your favorite units don't have model kits.

Chaser90EK
March 5, 2015, 8:44 PM
If you forgot you ordered a kit because of the long wait for international shipping... Hello 1/144 HG GMII

ThePowerfulWill
April 12, 2015, 11:07 AM
When you shut all floor vents in your work room, just in case a part falls in... And then stick open them up and shine a flashlight in, just in case. (Note: I did exactly this yesterday)

Chaser90EK
April 19, 2015, 5:23 PM
You are currently doing a 30-day challenge to not buy any more kits because the height of you backlog is legit safety hazard...

iamthebest22
April 19, 2015, 6:12 PM
when you see your student having an eraser that looks like it and you auto say 'is that a GN drive you have there?" xD

tried42long
April 21, 2015, 1:10 PM
You hear like a wolf hunting that part that fell on the floor. You pinpoint where the noise originates, you then look at the spot, nothing to be found. You end up using your lamp and find the part 2 meters from the impact point anyway. lol

A part flew from the runners because of your careless cutting. Time slows down for everything around you; you watch the object fly slowly to where it will land.

Chaser90EK
April 21, 2015, 2:15 PM
You hear like a wolf hunting that part that fell on the floor. You pinpoint where the noise originates, you then look at the spot, nothing to be found. You end up using your lamp and find the part 2 meters from the impact point anyway. lol

A part flew from the runners because of your careless cutting. Time slows down for everything around you; you watch the object fly slowly to where it will land.

I typically end up with my cheek touching the floor while holding my phone with the flashlight app looking for the shadow the piece casts :)

Squee
May 1, 2015, 10:46 PM
when you're going through withdrawals from building. The urge is fierce! Must hold off for a few more weeks!

Chaser90EK
May 2, 2015, 2:40 PM
When you step on something hard and have that moment of hope that it's that long lost piece you've been missing but immediately plunge into despair when you realize it's just a stray nub :(

Zaku
May 12, 2015, 4:22 PM
... when it storms really bad and knocks your power out and you build gunpla by candle light. lol

Riah
May 12, 2015, 8:22 PM
You see something on the ground and pick it up only to see if you can use it on a kit (I found an rubber piece from an earbud and thought I could use it to line a thruster >.>

When you inspect the weapons of your other toys to see if they'll fit the hands of your kits.

I just did that with the kitbash I made.

Chaser90EK
May 12, 2015, 9:24 PM
You take a piece from your kid's kit and just throw it randomly into his room because you know it's the only way to make him clean... (Didn't know whether to applaud my friend's ingenuity or get him charged with child abuse...)

Chaser90EK
May 20, 2015, 8:07 AM
The first thing you pack for a vacation is a kit (MG Hyaku Shiki) in case the weather is bad.

Angel With A Shotgun
May 20, 2015, 9:01 AM
You end up dreaming about your current project and what else you can add to it detail wise. ^^'

Chaser90EK
June 10, 2015, 9:00 AM
Your entire sense of self control is shaken when a vendor you just purchased a kit from asks if you want to purchase anything else to save on shipping and offers a discount...

Riah
June 10, 2015, 12:10 PM
When you're cobbling together blasters and missile launchers out of essentially any plastic you have lying around the house.

Chaser90EK
August 2, 2015, 3:04 PM
It's sweltering in the room with your models on display, but all your vents are closed out of fear one will fall and a part will land in the register.

jacobgoblin
September 10, 2015, 12:12 PM
I literally did this yesterday.. Saw this motor operated chainsaw for use with some other kit and thought "Wow... That would look sweet on a MG Exia..."

Dark Matter Dynames
September 10, 2015, 2:30 PM
You're a serious gunpla builder when you get so used to your modded kits that you do a double take when you see their stock counterparts.

Zaku
September 10, 2015, 4:47 PM
ya might be a gunpla builder if you cant stop working on a kit because you keep getting ideas you want to do to it.

Dlinker
September 10, 2015, 5:02 PM
^ Related to my current predicament: You have no energy or desire to work on kits, but still get excited when you go over your plans for future kits and how your current project will look when finished.

A_Lurker
September 15, 2015, 9:30 AM
You might be a gunpla builder if you plan your monthly budget around your hobby before any other expenses.

Chaser90EK
September 15, 2015, 9:44 AM
You feel a thrill of danger when opening the windows in your display room on a windy day (Don't worry, I put pillows on the floor in front of all my favorite kits)

Chaser90EK
November 25, 2015, 8:20 PM
You can't find words to thank someone for getting you shelves as a present.

Squee
November 26, 2015, 1:55 AM
^YES

Banshee
November 30, 2015, 10:04 PM
When you run out of paint, panic despair and stress flood your mind. Lol

Squee
November 30, 2015, 10:48 PM
When you're going through withdrawal from not building anything.

Zeta
November 30, 2015, 10:54 PM

Been there, done that.

Squee
December 13, 2015, 9:46 PM
When you're staring at your kits just counting down the days... 1 week and counting.

Yes i know i basically said this in my last post, but i am chomping at the bit! I don't even know what to build!!

Chaser90EK
December 14, 2015, 1:20 PM

Been there, done that.

I've been rushing through an RG MkII Titans version because I've missed building so much :(

Spaceshuttle
February 15, 2016, 12:23 PM
youre a gunpla builder if u say to ure new girlfriend at first enter on ure room.look thats a zaku II char aznable custom version!!nah u like it?

zoidmagnite
February 15, 2016, 1:40 PM
Ya might be a gunpla builder if:

You search the Internet looking for jobs with Anaheim Electronics between builds.... Oh....how I wish.....