PDA

View Full Version : Idea for later forum events.

SilverFrameAstray
October 19, 2010, 12:17 AM
Earlier today I was thinking about things I would like to see on this forum in the future. Most of what I thought of was bunk, however I did have one idea we all might like.

What if the forums had a separate model building competition than what the site holds (assuming this is later in the progress of the forums)? It could be seasonal, or annual, or could even be themed with holidays. Just a fun competition between the forum members.

What goes along with this, is the award of course. Instead of handing out GSAM gift cards or free kits, why not make an awards section on your profile body. It could be right under your avatar and just display small accommodations from doing certain things on the forum.

It's just a thought. I was thinking it could throw a bit of determination into forum status, besides the posting rank system.

You could even hold annual award ceremonies. All of this of course is conceptualized to be implemented when the forums have picked up, but i'd rather put these all down than forget about them.

One last idea, we should have a forum mascot. I say a custom GSAM Haro. It's simple, yet neutral.

What do you guys think?

Zeta-G
October 19, 2010, 12:20 AM
Earlier today I was thinking about things I would like to see on this forum in the future. Most of what I thought of was bunk, however I did have one idea we all might like.

What if the forums had a separate model building competition than what the site holds (assuming this is later in the progress of the forums)? It could be seasonal, or annual, or could even be themed with holidays. Just a fun competition between the forum members.

What goes along with this, is the award of course. Instead of handing out GSAM gift cards or free kits, why not make an awards section on your profile body. It could be right under your avatar and just display small accommodations from doing certain things on the forum.

It's just a thought. I was thinking it could throw a bit of determination into forum status, besides the posting rank system.

You could even hold annual award ceremonies. All of this of course is conceptualized to be implemented when the forums have picked up, but i'd rather put these all down than forget about them.

One last idea, we should have a forum mascot. I say a custom GSAM Haro. It's simple, yet neutral.

What do you guys think?
I like your ideas, but allow me to make one small modification: the Haro must be purple! :twisted:

SilverFrameAstray
October 19, 2010, 12:23 AM
I like your ideas, but allow me to make one small modification: the Haro must be purple! :twisted:

Like Nena Trinity's? I wouldn't mind. I love that crazy chick.

Zeta-G
October 19, 2010, 12:26 AM

Like Nena Trinity's? I wouldn't mind. I love that crazy chick.
Exactly.

SilverFrameAstray
October 19, 2010, 12:27 AM
Wow...how am I one of the more active members, but no one has said hi to me? Just noticing this.

Bah.

I loved OO man, and I cannot wait for the movie to come out.

GNZaku and myself are going to watch it the very second it comes out.

Zeta-G
October 19, 2010, 12:49 AM
Wow...how am I one of the more active members, but no one has said hi to me? Just noticing this.

Bah.

I loved OO man, and I cannot wait for the movie to come out.

GNZaku and myself are going to watch it the very second it comes out.
I just noticed too and corrected it. Sorry. :oops:
As for the 00 movie, Zombie Freyr (my friend who must be given a prompt to post) and myself will probably watch it on day one of the DVD (oh please let there be an American blu-ray) release; ditto for the Turn A release.

GNzaku0023
October 20, 2010, 11:27 AM
I really love this idea. I can see it really kicking off.

Just as a concept idea you could award bronze silver and gold gundam heads depending on the competition. An example would be if you hold a contest for the best customized mass production mobile suit model, third place could get marked with a bronze GM head, second would get a silver zaku head, and first would get a gold rx-78 head. The different heads/logos would be for different competitions.

I don't know, I really think this is a great idea.

SilverFrameAstray
October 20, 2010, 3:23 PM
Exactly. See, we even have tons of time to piece this together and build a strong enough structure to support all of this.

I would see a contest every half year. This works better for money issues so that you aren't tempted to spend all of your money for the contest, just so you can keep the most awards. Besides, the more awards there are, the less valuable they are.

m1ck3y
October 21, 2010, 2:00 PM
Sounds great so far.

You all keep brainstorming, you get a solid idea put together, I'll code it and put it up on the site.

-M1ck3y

SilverFrameAstray
October 21, 2010, 7:04 PM
Thanks a ton M1ck3y. We'll get some things together. I can brainstorm with GNZaku when we hang out.