PDA

View Full Version : Quaos' Concepts and Builds

Quaos
November 4, 2014, 10:22 PM
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd start a thread as I begin working on my first kit in several years. I received a MG Gouf 2.0 a few weeks ago and I'm waiting on a couple things to come from HobbySearch before I can really get into the building.

I did work out a basic line art for my ultimate goal for this kit so I thought I'd post that in the mean time.

thwalker13
November 4, 2014, 10:45 PM
Interesting concept, Kinda like a Zaku I meets a Gouf. It's clean, sleek, and simple. Kinda makes me think of a special forces unit or something. Nothing fancy, just the bare bones that's needed to get the job done. Any thoughts on a color scheme?

Kenico
November 4, 2014, 10:47 PM
not gonna lie, I'd pilot this thing if it was real lol.

Dlinker
November 5, 2014, 1:19 AM
I find the concept interesting. It's like a really souped-up normal Zaku, but without any of the extra equipment that hinders limb movement.

Quaos
November 5, 2014, 1:46 AM
Thanks for the positive comments!

I'm a big fan of the Gouf and Zaku designs but the external piping has always irked me. The idea behind this design revision is an agile, close combat suit. I don't have an exact color scheme in mind yet but I'm envisioning the suit in a jungle environment where dense foliage would have impeded the "extras" like piping, spikes, etc. With that said, it would probably benefit if operation were at night.

The Gouf's gimmicky heat rod/whip and finger machine guns won't be in my revision but I'm thinking the lower forearm protrusion that houses the heat rod will be placed on the upper part of the forearm as a place for a beam saber blade to come out when in a situation the large sword can't be used.

The back skirt armor and/or back of the legs seem to be begging for added thrusters but I do want to keep it sleek. I'll keep that idea in my head as I move through the build and see if I can come up with something.

Kenico
November 5, 2014, 2:17 AM
Wrist mounted Beam sabers?! a designer after my own heart! I applaud you Sir!

Sinervale
November 5, 2014, 2:47 AM
As a fan of the Gouf...I'm onboard for this..can't wait to see this started.

thwalker13
November 5, 2014, 7:23 AM
I'm liking what I'm reading, a forearm mounted beam saber on a Gouf type unit sounds like a perfect fit.

Shponglefan
November 5, 2014, 7:06 PM
Thanks for the positive comments!

I'm a big fan of the Gouf and Zaku designs but the external piping has always irked me.

Yes! A thousand times yes! Never understood why they included those on the original designs, other than if they were trying to make them look clunky.

Nice to see another builder getting rid of those. :D