PDA

View Full Version : Live action roll play.

Zaku
October 29, 2014, 4:49 AM
Does anyone here do this larp crap? A buddy of mine was telling me he used to do it and it sounds fun. A bunch of grown men and women beating the shit out of eachother with foam weapons. And it gives me an excuse to smith mideval stuff. Arms and armor are fun but they suck up a lot of time and as much money as the project demands. (Usually twice what you planned to put into it). Id love an excuse to run around in a tunic and armor with a big foam axe or something. And just beat the shit out of everyone i see hahaha that sounds awesome. I could even mass produce a few things and make money doing it. I used to play airsoft but the army and LE guys i played with fell off the face of the earth. Man i miss airsoft. But yea larp sounds fun actually. And my buddy told me that most of the people there are our age or older so it wouldent be a bunch of kid. We talked about going and seting up the forge but i said no. I dont want some dumb ass grabing a hot pice of steel then geting severe burns and trying to sue me or some stupid shit. However after i scope it out a bit i might bring a rope fence and set up my forge and anyone that tries to stick their hand inside or tries to come inside without my permission has me to deal with. And just so long as no one tries to test my patientce me and my helpers (my buddies lol) can do small items right there on the spot. Just being there with a forge hammering out something draws a crowd like moths to a flame. Its funny to see. You can be in the middle of nowhere and as soon as people se a fire and anvil POOF there they are lol. And my phone is not highlighting mistakes right now so forgive all the errors here lol.
http://i58.tinypic.com/mslxfo.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

$104 but damn i lust for this tankard.
http://i58.tinypic.com/29lo4d5.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/34hzbt3.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/21n4jmp.jpg
http://www.strongblade.com/prod/sbag-tank-valkyrie.html

Dom Tropen MS-09D
October 29, 2014, 5:27 AM
That is an sweet tankard.

Zaku
October 29, 2014, 5:37 AM
Yea it is. And the price is actually fair. High. But fair.

thwalker13
October 29, 2014, 7:42 AM
Just last week I was in a wedding ceremony that took place at an event similar to Larping. It was pretty fun and a really cool experience. I say go for it Zaku. Maybe you could smith your armor to resemble a Zaku.

Zaku
October 29, 2014, 8:31 PM
That would be a bad ass wedding. And im defiantly going to try it. I need and excuse to dress up in medieval gear lol. And that would be so pimp Zaku themed medieval armor. I might have to draw something up.

Zeta-G
October 29, 2014, 10:31 PM
I second the idea of Zaku armor for Zaku! Also it sounds like a lot of fun. Didn't you ever play make-believe withyour friends as a kid, Zaku? This is an excuse to have that sort of fun again as an adult!

Also, I bookmarked the link for that tankard. I'm considering buying one. :D

Zeon's RedComet
October 29, 2014, 10:37 PM
I've always wanted to.

Especially after seeing Knights of Badassdom, love that movie, sugest it for anyone looking for a good chuckle.

Zaku
October 29, 2014, 11:04 PM
I've always wanted to.

Especially after seeing Knights of Badassdom, love that movie, sugest it for anyone looking for a good chuckle.
You should it looks like so much fun. And i cant say ive ever heard of that movie ill have to look it up

I second the idea of Zaku armor for Zaku! Also it sounds like a lot of fun. Didn't you ever play make-believe withyour friends as a kid, Zaku? This is an excuse to have that sort of fun again as an adult!

Also, I bookmarked the link for that tankard. I'm considering buying one. :D
Zaku themed armor would be so sweet. Ive already got ideas but to be honest i doubt id be able to make what i envision. Plus it would be ungodly expensive lol. The not only the sheet metal but it would take a whole roll of MIG wire and a few tanks of shielding gas to build. But if i did decide to undertake that project (not that i dont already have a billion projects on my plate already lol) I've come up with a few good ideas already. And i think if i did start a project like that id do a set of halo armor. For cosplay. Another geeky ambition of mine. Ive never been to an anime convention but id like to and sense i was little ive dreamed of having my own Halo armor. Not that i love Halo more its just a Zaku armor would never feel good enough. And i see a few problems id run into building a Zaku armor that i could avoid in spartan armor. For example proportions. The Zaku's shoulders are very wide and it just wouldn't look right in human proportions. so i guess it comes down to i wouldn't be able to make it perfect therefore id rather do spartan armor because i could come closer to perfection. Also spartan armor is more ergonomic and id be in it all day. Im a bit of a perfectionist. If something i made is imperfect it means i failed. And that bugs me. Not that im an expert its just i wont stop working on it until its perfect. And if you do buy one do a little review of it here in those thread id like to know more about it. And see more pics of it. Also doing it in this thread saves you from starting a new thread and keeps clutter down. That tankard is sex in solid brass. Lol

Riah
November 12, 2014, 9:06 PM
I used to do some and have friends that still do. I definitely say try it if it's in your area. The main group in my area is really expensive and badly organized so I just to table top/pen and paper RPGs and ones on the web.

Zaku
November 12, 2014, 9:29 PM
I really want to. I going to go once because military gets a free weekend lol. And im sorry to hear your local group sucks so bad. Ive played DnD a few times and enjoyed it.

Kenico
November 12, 2014, 10:58 PM
Thought about it, wanted to do it at one time, even watched Darkon (great documentary if you ask me lol).

Zaku
November 12, 2014, 11:00 PM
you should try it man it sounds awesome lol. and i think i remember someone suggesting i watch that Darkon video sometime i think i need to look into it.