PDA

View Full Version : HG Dynames Full Arms

ColonelEcho
September 23, 2014, 9:53 AM
I had a thought a while back. The GN-002 Dynames is my favorite Gundam, but the High Grade kit leaves much to be desired. So, I decided to design and create a 1/144 scale Dynames with all his weapons. That means this will have the GN Sniper Rifle, 2 GN Pistols, 2 GN Beam Sabers, and the missile launchers in the front skirt armor and knees.

The main issue I will have is making the missile launchers in the skirt and knees. I want them to be able to open and close, and perhaps lock in place as well. I may have figured out the correct method for them to open and close, but I'll have to completely redesign the skirt and knee armors and start from the ground up. 9368 (I do not have images for the knees, so I can only assume)

I also plan on maybe enhancing other parts of the kit by adding more detail to it. Stay tuned!

Dlinker
September 23, 2014, 11:58 AM
Looking forward to see your work on this. I built the 1/100 NG Dynames last year and it was a great kit. Even better that it had all of the equipment including the pistols and holsters. If you're not dead-set on 1/144 scale, maybe it will be an easier option for you? Might make modding the front skirts easy too with the bigger pieces and all.

ColonelEcho
September 23, 2014, 12:37 PM
Thank you for your support. Getting a 1/100 Dynames would be easier to work with due to it being larger and it already having the GN pistols, I would prefer to do this particular project in 1/144 first. Mostly because I like a good challenge, and if I mess up really badly, I can always buy another kit for about $20. Plus, smaller parts means that the pieces will probably cost less. Hopefully at some point I can either afford a HG GN Arms Type D w/ Dynames, but for now, all I can hope for is someone is willing to sell the pistols to me so I may complete this project. Though, once I get it right, I may just impement it in the 1/100 version.

Continuing on, I found an image on the knee GN missile launcher.

I have drawn out a rough idea on how I will get the launchers open and how, as well as ways to keep them in position (I'm thinking very small magnets put into the plastic). Let me know if anyone has any ideas for this!

Ginga Bishōnen
September 23, 2014, 2:02 PM
I don't know if the parts are compatible, but I know that the NG 1/144 Gundam Heavyarms EW has open missile packs in a similar shape. I don't know if you wanted to go with a "partsformer" type deal with opening up the launchers, but that would be one way to go about it.

Here is a picture, the missile pods in question are on the front skirts.

ColonelEcho
September 23, 2014, 2:10 PM
ignore this post

ColonelEcho
September 24, 2014, 9:04 AM
Oh, as for the EW Heavyarms launchers, it's a good idea, but I won't be going for that. I will be making the parts, and if making it so I can open and close them, I'll just make then in the open position.

- - - Updated - - -

I sketched out how I may be able to make the parts open and close. Here are my sketches: (I'm not the best artist.)
My plan is to create the pieces in this manner. I want to try and utilize small magnets that I'd put in parts of the plastic to keep the launchers open or closed. The launcher part itself (The top parts of the skirt armor and under the grey panel in the middle of the knee), will have a hollow tube running through it. The "shell" parts (The part underneath the skirt armor and the upper knee armor) will have a post running through the hole in the launcher part. The post will remain stationary while the launcher parts will turn around it. As for the magnets, I think that if I use small and weak ones (if those even exist) I can make the launcher open and close and stay that way without falling or shifting. To put the magnets in the plastic, I would cut a space out for it in the plastic and then somehow lodge it in without ruining the looks of the suit (I intend to paint over the magnet as well).

ColonelEcho
September 24, 2014, 9:15 AM
As for reference material, I used these images that I attached: