PDA

View Full Version : Impressive Mechanics

Chaser90EK
September 8, 2014, 1:14 PM
Has anyone else ever thought the mechanics in the Gundam series are amazing? I mean in like every episode a bazooka gets blown up, a shield gets cut in half, and/or an beam rifle without any charge left get chucked into the vast emptiness of space, but the pilot always has a new one by the next episode... Either these guys buy their weapons in bulk or they are doing ridiculous repair work in a short time frame.

Dlinker
September 8, 2014, 3:04 PM
Either these guys buy their weapons in bulk...

I think this is the case. What kind of armed force wouldn't have spare weaponry, you know? It is impressive when they repair suits quickly, though, even when there is some significant damage.

Chaser90EK
September 15, 2014, 3:07 PM
Yeah but think how many missions White base ran between re-supplies? That bazooka got chucked or blow up like every episode...

Dlinker
September 15, 2014, 5:15 PM
Sounds like something where they either have a huge amount available in stock per re-supply, or they have fabrication facilities inside the ship. Or maybe the bazooka wasn't completely trashed (despite looking like it gets vaporized) and it's designed to have replaceable segments.

Chaser90EK
September 16, 2014, 7:44 AM
Well based on my rough math if I was a mechanic for the Gundam I would kick Amuro in the dick every time he returned to the ship >.>

Exia
September 16, 2014, 7:48 AM
ROFL LMFAO!

I laughed way harder than I should've at that last post.

thwalker13
September 16, 2014, 7:50 AM
You also have to consider just how much time passes between certain episodes. It's not like each episode takes place the day after the last one. It's highly possible that a episode takes place a few days or even around a week after the events of the last. Also, consider the possibility that when Amuro tosses aside an empty Beam Rifle or a Bazooka that recovery teams simply go out and pick it up after combat has ended. I wouldn't leave that kind of weaponry just floating around in space or laying in a desert. The enemy would certainly recover it and reverse engineer it.

Zeon's RedComet
September 16, 2014, 7:55 AM
ROFL LMFAO!

I laughed way harder than I should've at that last post.

Lol Same here.

Exia
September 16, 2014, 7:56 AM
That's why he argued with Bright about getting in the Gundam and told him to do it!

.........Tired of getting' kicked in the dick.

Zeon's RedComet
September 16, 2014, 7:56 AM
"Get in the f***ing robot Amuro."

Dom Tropen MS-09D
September 16, 2014, 7:57 AM
"No! My dick cant take it anymore!"

Exia
September 16, 2014, 7:58 AM
lmao

Chaser90EK
September 16, 2014, 8:00 AM
"You kicked me in the dick, twice! My own father never kicked me..." He'd probably not mind the Bright slaps so much...

Zeon's RedComet
September 16, 2014, 8:07 AM
Well this topic took a turn for the lolz.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
September 16, 2014, 8:12 AM
Derailment successful!
http://troll.me/images/tron-vader/thread-derailed.jpg

Zaku
September 17, 2014, 1:10 AM
Hahah man my sides hurt now.

Twitch
September 19, 2014, 3:17 AM
As an aircraft mechanic in the military, I have often wondered about all of this myself. I do agree with the fact that the battles do not happen back to back and that a recovery team probably recovers the equipment. But yeah, I laughed pretty hard myself a few times while reading this. And as a mechanic, I would kick Amuro. Like, a lot. We have a saying in the aviation world:

"If the pilot breaks it, we fix it. If the crew chiefs break it, we fix it. If we break it, we blame the crew chiefs, and we fix it anyways."