PDA

View Full Version : MG Astray Blue Frame

Starlight_Strategist
August 17, 2014, 3:15 PM
Hey guys this is my first time posting!
this is the second kit I've done in about ten years so it's been a good while for sure but I'm having a great time with it.
Currently working on the legs and the top half is done.

And what what I have done with the legs.

This is is the panel line method I'm using. I'm a busy dad so I done quite have the time to airbrush but I might try in the future. As I now I'm using a .005 micron Q-Tips and a rubber eraser for reduction.

Id id love to hear what you guys think and any criticisms you might have. I'm still fairly new to it so any chance to learn I will take. I'll post more picks as it progresses.

V0LTES-V01
August 17, 2014, 5:43 PM
Welcome aboard Starlight!

Nice work so far with the Astray Blue. It's a blast working on em right?!

I do notice a little smudge of ink from the panel lines. If you'd like to clean them up to make them look crisp, I suggest damping a q-tip with iso alcohol and carefully rub off the the smudge.

Do you plan to top coat after the build?

Alright friend, I hope you enjoy your stay here at the board. If you have any questions about builds, don't hesitate to ask. The members are here to help.

Starlight_Strategist
August 17, 2014, 6:08 PM
I will defiantly use a mat topcoat and the smudging is an attempt at shadowing
Here is a better pic

There are also slight hints around the edges to try to pop the different planes

thwalker13
August 17, 2014, 6:10 PM
Great looking build so far man. Welcome to the forums.

V0LTES-V01
August 17, 2014, 8:10 PM
I will defiantly use a mat topcoat and the smudging is an attempt at shadowing
Ahh I see. Well since you clarified the "smudge" and updated with clear photos, it does indeed look like shadowing. My apologies... carry on!

Starlight_Strategist
August 18, 2014, 11:32 PM
Finally standing on his own. A few more detail pieces and it will be onto the sword.

Shponglefan
August 18, 2014, 11:51 PM
Very cool looking. As one of my favorite Gundam designs, I'm looking forward to seeing how this one finishes up!

Starlight_Strategist
August 21, 2014, 2:21 PM
Some more panel work. Going fairly smooth though. Btw no clue why certain picks upload sideways.