PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys. New here.

ErnDaFern
July 31, 2014, 11:33 AM
I'm a new modeler trying to get back in Gundams after a long hiatus. Its been about 7 years. Then I suddenly got the bug one day while I was at a convention and bought 3 master grade EW kits and here I am. I'm more of a novice than anything else, but the work I've seen on this forum is amazing---it only motivates me to want to learn how to apply it. Although I wanted to purchase more kits, after some cleaning, I found boxes of old, unfinished kits and decided that I should clean them up and start painting those first. I wouldn't want to mess up my master grades just yet...lol. I found a Master Grade Destiny, a no grade 1/100 Saviour, and all 5 Gundam Wing EW HG kits. I saw a member on the forums who built a custom Nataku using parts from an HG kit and it was incredible. 82728273First picture is of the recent kits I just finished about a week ago, no painting done yet, only panel lining. I'll have to add the decals soon as soon as I get the courage to do so. The second is some old kits, all full of nubs and defects, obviously I never used a side cutter or sandpaper, which after doing some research, I wanted to do it right.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
July 31, 2014, 11:40 AM
Welcome good sir! Im sure you will find a lot of wise people who can help you out:)

ErnDaFern
July 31, 2014, 11:43 AM
Thank you brotha.

Setsunason54
July 31, 2014, 11:07 PM
Hey welcome to the forums! I also could see you're an avid gamer judging upon the game informer magazines and games on your shelf.

You'll find yourself at home here and we also have a thread where you can discuss video games as well.

Welcome again !

Zaku
July 31, 2014, 11:18 PM
Welcome to the forum.

thwalker13
August 1, 2014, 7:51 AM
Welcome to the forum, you picked a great place to learn about the basics, and you have some older kits to practice on as well.