PDA

View Full Version : MG Gundam Unit 4

Chaser90EK
June 29, 2014, 11:41 AM
So I was familiar with Gundam Units 1-3 from Stardust Memory, so when I heard their also Units 4 and 5 I was like "No wai!". I started Unit 4 and I'm really enjoying it. There's a few little difference from other Gundams such as the minimal shoulders which I find interesting compared to other models which have the flared shoulders. Also so far the paint touch ups, like the yellow spots on the shoulders, have been simple for me with my limitations. My only qualm is the blue is slightly different from other shades I've worked with and matching it to cover blemishes has been tricky.

thwalker13
June 29, 2014, 1:25 PM
Clean looking build so far man.

Dlinker
June 29, 2014, 3:00 PM
Loving the panel lining on it. I don't see these kits around here much so it's a nice change.

Setsunason54
June 29, 2014, 7:00 PM
Wait this gundam was on stardust memory? Whoa man~ it looks awesome! Clean and minimal designs.

Oh and of course yours look very solid. Are you painting it?

Zeta
June 29, 2014, 7:36 PM
Wait this gundam was on stardust memory? Whoa man~ it looks awesome! Clean and minimal designs.

Oh and of course yours look very solid. Are you painting it?

This Gundam was not from Stardust Memory. It was actually from a OYW side-story called Space, to the End of a Flash. This Gundam was built as part of the second batch from the V Project after the RX-78-1, the RX-78-2, and the RX-78-3.

Chaser90EK
June 29, 2014, 7:50 PM
This Gundam was not from Stardust Memory. It was actually from a OYW side-story called Space, to the End of a Flash. This Gundam was built as part of the second batch from the V Project after the RX-78-1, the RX-78-2, and the RX-78-3.

Same story (or time frame) of Stardust Memory or before? I know this suits is from the manga (any relation to the Dreamcast game?). Also, I'll see how the suit finishes on assembly to decide my paint approach. I may just go over the blues with a Gundam Market because all the parts have been cast really well.

Zeta
June 29, 2014, 7:54 PM
Same story (or time frame) of Stardust Memory or before? I know this suits is from the manga (any relation to the Dreamcast game?). Also, I'll see how to the suit finishes on assembly to decide my paint approach. I may just go over the blues with a Gundam Market because all the parts have been cast really well.

Before as it during the end of the One Year War. It's also from a Gundam video game called Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounter in Space (a PS2 game).

Chaser90EK
June 30, 2014, 8:11 AM
Before as it during the end of the One Year War. It's also from a Gundam video game called Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounter in Space (a PS2 game).

Damn...just looked it up and I made need to go retro and get it... I stopped getting Gundam games after Zeonic Front... I was so pissed they switched to the Rainbow Six style (and kept dying on the White Base Recon mission -_-)

Ultra
June 30, 2014, 8:52 AM
I've always thought this and unit 5 looked cool but neglected to buy them because the old kits like these and the MG Alex have massive seam lines down the weapons (they're like big version of HG weapons). You gonna paint the kit?

Chaser90EK
June 30, 2014, 9:45 AM
I've always thought this and unit 5 looked cool but neglected to buy them because the old kits like these and the MG Alex have massive seam lines down the weapons (they're like big version of HG weapons). You gonna paint the kit?

I'm DEFINITELY getting Unit 5 once I've put a dent in my backlog. Red and Black is my favorite color combo so it's perfect for me. I'm waiting to repair my basement which took on water last Fall and through the winter. I use to have my hobby area down there where I primarily did woodwork. Once I fix the leaks I'll rebuild my area and accommodate my new hobby as well. As you can kind of tell from the pictures my model area is either my bed, floor, or computer desk and my paint abilities are limited to Gundam markers and using the boxes as a paint catch.

Zeta
June 30, 2014, 5:57 PM
I'm DEFINITELY getting Unit 5 once I've put a dent in my backlog. Red and Black is my favorite color combo so it's perfect for me. I'm waiting to repair my basement which took on water last Fall and through the winter. I use to have my hobby area down there where I primarily did woodwork. Once I fix the leaks I'll rebuild my area and accommodate my new hobby as well. As you can kind of tell from the pictures my model area is either my bed, floor, or computer desk and my paint abilities are limited to Gundam markers and using the boxes as a paint catch.

Unit 4 and Unit 5 go perfect together as they are brother units.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't let their age discourage you from buying them. They are built on the solid RX-78-2 Gundam Ver. Ka. frame, though there may be some weight issues due to the massive weapons that both these Gundams carry.

Ultra
June 30, 2014, 7:24 PM
Nah i'm not bothered by the frame Zeta just the massive seam lines through the weapons (and those are the coolest part!). Tbh there are loads of others kits i'd gets before these even if they were up to today's standard.

Chaser90EK
July 2, 2014, 6:07 PM

Can't say enough about this kit... It's such a smooth build it's practically putting itself together. Forsaking all my plans for the night to finish it :)

Zeta
July 2, 2014, 6:25 PM

Can't say enough about this kit... It's such a smooth build it's practically putting itself together. Forsaking all my plans for the night to finish it :)

So many color parts. Seriously, I want this kit for my next MG.

Chaser90EK
July 2, 2014, 9:54 PM

I would make sweet sweet love to this kit down by the fire... I'm probably just going to paint the weapons since the suit itself is perfect alone...

Zaku
July 2, 2014, 10:36 PM
Looks good man. Nice work. And im sorry to hear you didnt like Zeonic front. I loved that game

Dlinker
July 3, 2014, 1:40 AM
That kit came out pretty good. It seems to have a lot of parts separation too, which is great for custom paint jobs.

thwalker13
July 3, 2014, 7:32 AM
Great clean looking kit man. So much color going on, and that large rifle on the back. I really like those red tubes.