PDA

View Full Version : The Gundam Feels Thread

Zeon's RedComet
June 24, 2014, 6:14 PM
CHOO CHOO WELCOME TO THE FEELS TRAIN.

With your conductor ZRC. Post the saddest moments in Gundam because TEARS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHvUmavNj4g

Zaku
June 24, 2014, 6:54 PM
I got choked up when Bernie died in 0080 like seriously choked up and a tear in my eye.

Setsunason54
June 24, 2014, 7:04 PM
I choked up when Marida died in unicorn. I was like NOOOOO!!!! 😭

AthleticAura369
June 24, 2014, 7:57 PM
Maridaaaaaaaa and mu la flaga's death( until destiny ruined his awesome sacrifice).
and the most heartbreaking......... Lockon stratos. Was it Neil or Lyle?

Setsunason54
June 24, 2014, 8:50 PM
^ah! Oh yea Lockon Stratos :( I think it was Neil no?

Asterisk
June 24, 2014, 8:54 PM
Ryu ;_;

Zaku
June 24, 2014, 9:33 PM
Ryu ;_;
One of the very few feddies i was sad to see go.
Oh and look at you being active again. Lol

Zeon's RedComet
June 24, 2014, 10:19 PM
Gato.

And yes, I agree with the Maridia thing.

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
June 24, 2014, 10:27 PM
Lets see,

Seed/Destiny
even though she was psycho, Flay.
The three Astray girls.
Stella

Though I felt nothing for this one itself, the aftermath, and writing of what happened after it drove me to tears, the desire to rip my hair out, even wishing I could fly to Japan, and destroy the original copies of the animation, just so the endless whining about it would end already, and that would be Fing Lalah.

0079.Zeta,ZZ, G, X, Turn A, Wing, and 00 didn't really have much that attached me to characters enough that their loss came as either a shock, and or a surprise.

There really aren't a whole lot of scenes in gundam that really inspire these kinds of reactions. Not like other shows, where I could make a very long list of.

Zeon's RedComet
June 24, 2014, 10:34 PM
Stella was one of the few losses in either CE show, that got to me.

Zaku
June 24, 2014, 10:40 PM
Gato.

And yes, I agree with the Maridia thing.
I honestly wasn't that sad when Gato died. I was sad but not really sad. He lived as a bad ass. And died as a bad ass. I was disappointed because you knew that obviously meant no more Gato awesomeness too.

Zeon's RedComet
June 24, 2014, 10:55 PM
Yeah that's the sad I was, it's still a sad.

And since Sad isn't the only type of feel we can list other meaningful moments as well.

Dlinker
June 25, 2014, 12:50 AM
I got a little teary-eyed when Corin Nander and his cohorts started tearing up their first city in search of the Turn A. I couldn't help but think how screwed up it was that these simple people were now refugees because of one psycho.

Setsunason54
June 25, 2014, 3:27 AM
Oh man to the most recent one is from Gundam Build Fighters. When Reiji says good bye. Sigh brotherly love lol

Zeta
June 25, 2014, 4:25 AM
I think the one moment that made me cry the most in a Gundam show was when I first saw Lalah die. When I saw it, I actually started shedding tears, had my arms extended as I looked on and saw drift into the next world (as she calls it, "the place beyond time."), and screamed at the top of my lungs, "LALAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Setsunason54
June 25, 2014, 5:51 AM
Haha the things that these deaths makes us do. I almost cried when the little girl that gave a paper flower to Kira in Seed died because of Yzak.

I caught myself holding myself from sadness.

Dlinker
June 25, 2014, 10:57 AM
Man, how could I forget Stargazer? Some good stuff there, in particular that scene where soldiers discover that kids were piloting an MS, which they just destroyed in cold-hearted fashion. When that hatch opened and it showed the bodies, I thought it was pretty depressing.

Also, the scene where they execute refugees with the Strike Noir at the lead. Man, that OVA was a downer in the emotional department.

Ginga Bishōnen
June 25, 2014, 12:20 PM
I got a few:

Lockon Stratos (Neil) dying in 00

Lalah dying in MSG

Bernie dying in 0080

Smirnov dying in 00

Anew dying in 00

Thinking Heero had died in Wing when he self destructed Wing Gundam for the first time (I was about 9, so I didn't realize that ofc the main character wasn't really going to die)

Nicol dying in SEED

thwalker13
June 25, 2014, 12:51 PM
Marida dying in Unicorn

Lockon Stratos dying in S1 of 00. And hearing poor little Haro going "Lockon Lockon" over and over

Setsunason54
June 25, 2014, 2:06 PM
^ that's a total heartbreaker.

AthleticAura369
June 25, 2014, 3:42 PM
Not really a fan of Nicol but i could see how sad Athrun was and that made me feel down.
Also heine westenfluss. Potentially awesome character. Am i the only one who expected him to pilot Impulse once shinn got his inevitable gundam upgrade?

thwalker13
June 25, 2014, 4:35 PM
You wasn't alone. I thought he would get a lot more development than he did. I was rather disappointed that he didn't.

Powerman293
June 26, 2014, 12:03 AM
Anew. Nuff' Said

Psyco Diver
June 26, 2014, 4:44 PM
Ryu ;_;

MSGA made his death so much more epic, its rare yo find a abridged series beat the original th350 but this one did.

Lockon's death put a knot in my throat, Haro really made that scene work. Anew was a good one that was obvious yet I never saw coming

Marida's death didn't bother me because I saw it from a mile away

Zeon's RedComet
June 26, 2014, 5:07 PM
I too saw it from a Mile away, even before spoilers, didn't mean I didn't get choked up from it.

Not only that, but I held onto the blind naive hope that she was going to remain alive.

Lacus Prime
June 26, 2014, 6:06 PM
-Stella Loussier
-Lockon Stratos I
-Sergei Smirnov
-Yurin
-Bernie
-Anew Returner
-Marida Cruz

Dom Tropen MS-09D
June 26, 2014, 6:09 PM
Was more angry over nicoles death cause how platant it was
Nicoles only purpose was to die so Athrun could lay god smack on Kira

AthleticAura369
June 30, 2014, 5:56 PM
Omg I just totally forgot about Graham Aker's death 'till now.......
how could I..... :(

outamyhead
July 4, 2014, 11:31 PM
When Reiji was starting to fade, and when they went for the high five, he was gone...But yeah the Marida thing was sadder to watch.

Setsunason54
July 5, 2014, 4:44 AM
Yea when Reiji went back to his world it was sad like having a long lost brother or a true friend saying good bye.

razgriz450
July 12, 2014, 6:24 PM
I always get choked up whenever Ramba Ral dies, doesnt matter how many times I see it. Also just recently rewatched Zeta and got all rustled over Emma.

NoZaku
November 24, 2014, 3:47 PM
When you favorite Gundam still hasn't gotten a model yet. :(

Dom Tropen MS-09D
November 24, 2014, 4:07 PM
Bernies death in 0080,is fracking sad. Especially when you think how it affected Al.
Emma's passing was sad too.
As was Lock on 1.0 and Anew.
Treize, best character, gets killed by Wu Fei. Sad.
Master Asia. Sad as all hell.
Marida. Nuff said.

NoZaku
March 16, 2015, 7:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijsuBB0Lv3E

Zeon's RedComet
March 16, 2015, 7:49 PM
Should be titled ebin meme.mkv.

Zeon's RedComet
May 18, 2015, 1:44 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3gvmrSbPH1rtp9dro1_500.png

It's been a year already ;_;

Only know because I was looking at some Unicorn stuff for research. Damn tho long year rofl.

Zaku
May 18, 2015, 11:35 AM
the feels are real^

NoZaku
May 19, 2015, 9:46 AM
It's been a year already ;_;

Only know because I was looking at some Unicorn stuff for research. Damn tho long year rofl.

It's a shame they made a Puru that was old enough yet was so scared you couldn't get close to her...

ProFound
June 8, 2015, 12:09 AM
I had some legit feels when Ryu died. I thought they handled the white base's reactions afterword pretty well too

Zeta
June 8, 2015, 3:29 PM
I had some legit feels when Ryu died. I thought they handled the white base's reactions afterword pretty well too

Which version did you see, the TV version or the Movie version?

ProFound
June 8, 2015, 3:52 PM
Which version did you see, the TV version or the Movie version?

I've just seen the TV version

Zeta
June 8, 2015, 4:18 PM
The MSG Compilation Movie Trilogy has a different scene. I believe it's in the second one, Soldiers of Sorrow.

ProFound
June 8, 2015, 4:41 PM
Thanks I'll have to check it out

Android raptor
August 4, 2015, 5:52 AM
Ghinius in ep 11 of 08th. My babby + mental agony = Ar is a blubbering wreck.

Machine
April 15, 2016, 5:34 PM
The last scene of 0080 hit me like a brick. As if Bernie dying in vain wasn't enough, you have a bunch of kids being disappointed about the war being over, and Al failing horribly at holding back his tears. Also the ending of Zeta because a bunch of characters died/were implied to have died almost all at once, and even though I'd heard that something happened to Kamille, and had even seen the "Like zoom!" screencap a few times, it was awful seeing Kamille not make it out of there ok. He'd made so much positive progress over the course of the show, though he changed after Four died and Rosamia came into the picture (and later died), it probably wasn't anything he couldn't have eventually overcome. But then as the fight with Scirocco was nearing its end, we saw all of his progress get undone, and seeing him revert back immediately after the battle was over, and Fa being confused, concerned, and probably slightly horrified, was a kick straight to the feels