PDA

View Full Version : R01 Remastered 1/144 HG Aile Strike Gundam

Joe
January 26, 2012, 1:06 AM
HERE (http://joesgunpla.blogspot.com/2012/01/r01-remastered-1144-hg-aile-strike_21.html) is my review of the Remastered Aile Strike. I never bothered getting the SEED kits when they first came out, so I'm sorta glad Bandai is remaking them.

Let me know what you think, not just of the kit but the review style, layout, whatever.

GNzaku0023
January 26, 2012, 1:59 AM
Review was good, layout was really nice.

Too bad the kit isn't. (Not to say you didn't do a good job with it though, you made it look really good actually)
No, what I'm getting at is all bandai did was waste time, money, and new kit slots when they "Remastered" the SEED Kits. They are literally the EXACT SAME MOLD they were when they first came out, and what do we get with the "Remaster?" A fancy new box, a slight "HD" Re-Color, and some new stickers. Same Derp proportions too. It would've been cool if Bandai had gone and redone the SEED kits to newer molds, higher detail, better articulation/proportions, but instead they just slapped some fancy stuff on the old kits and called it a day. So much disappoint to be had here.

However, If someone is new to Gunpla, these are good kits to start learning on if nothing else, and the added decals can be great for practicing placement. Heck, they'd even make good practice for kitbashing and pla-plate practice.

Sorry about that little rant, I'm just so disappoint with bandai on this. Most of this is probably coming from the fact I built the Real Grade Aile Strike and nothing seems to compare to that lol

Joe
January 26, 2012, 10:02 AM
Thank you for the reply and kind words of the review style. And thank you for commenting on the work done on the build!

As for the kit itself, I understand where you are coming from. I knew going into the purchase exactly what the "remastered" kits were, a cheap way to put out something "new" for Bandai to catch some extra cash from the Remastered Anime hype. That being said, I think the proportions of these kits are in line with the HG line of that time period. I mean look at the HGUC RX-78-2. I wouldn't call that guy perfect as far as proportions go either; it was released a year prior to the SEED HG's. Then follow that up with the HGUC Char's Zaku II released around the same time as the SEED HG's. I won't begin to complain about those proportions.

Now given all that, I love my 8 HGUC Gundams and 8 HGUC Zakus II (of various color variations) that I have built. So these SEED kits will be just as enjoyable to me. It's just a pity they didn't know a lick about color separation back then. Working on Assault Shroud today, UHG! So much painting to be done. but I enjoy painting the most out of this hobby :-).

I'm saving my RG Strike and RG Freedom for after these HG kits.

GNzaku0023
January 26, 2012, 10:37 AM
I see what you're getting at there with the HGUC proportions of the time, and I can't argue that lol :D

You're going to love the RG Strike, every little detail is something new and exciting, although I found it a faster build than most HG's... regardless, it's phenomenal and I can't wait to see your work on it.

Also, I'm glad you enjoyed the build, because regardless of the kit, so long as you had fun building and working on it, that's all that matters at the end of the day. Great job once again!