PDA

View Full Version : DrZenmoto's Ambitious "Nu" Project(PG 1/60 RX-93 using an existing PG RX-178 Mk II)

DrZenmoto
June 13, 2014, 5:51 PM
Hi. New here. I'm working to convert and scratchbuild a Nu Gundam from an existing PG 1/60 RX-178 Gundam Mk II, which was handed over to me partially assembled by my cousin who recently quit gunpla. Let's see where this ambitious project takes me.

beside my 1/144 custom-painted GM Stryker

I had to do some leg modifications to make it 'proportionally' taller (I said 'proportionally' because - geez, it's already TITANIC compared to other scales)

leg extensions scratchbuilt from from polystyrene; had to extend the pistons on the legs as well

Lastly, I began making extensive modifications on the head - thought it was easy to 'sculpt' the features to make the Mk II look anything like the Nu; boy was I wrong! Haha! This took me like a month to make - and I'm still not done.

side
front

Lots of cleaning up to do, but I'm fairly glad it's getting somewhere. 'til the next update! Thanks Gundam Forums!

Setsunason54
June 13, 2014, 6:14 PM
That looks really solid man! That thing is a beast!

thwalker13
June 13, 2014, 7:32 PM
DUDE! This is shaping up to an amazing project. I'm hooked! Are you going to do the standard Nu or the Hi-Nu? (crosses fingers, hopes for Hi-Nu)

Zaku
June 13, 2014, 7:50 PM
Damn man. This is AWESOME. i wish i knew how to do stuff like this.