PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Live Action Movie

Exia
June 11, 2014, 11:34 PM
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/24249/20140607/gundam-live-action-movie.htm

http://images.kdramastars.com/data/images/full/50520/gundam-live-action-movie.jpg?w=600

Gundam fans, GET HYPED because what you’re seeing now is your first look at a scene in the Gundam live action movie!

Japanese blogger Takezono Miyuta posted the pic online stating that the picture is one of the scenes in the Gundam live action movie.

When it was announced that Yoshiyuki Tomino will team up with Hollywood VFX team, Legacy Effects, a lot of people assumed that a Gundam live action movie will be made but unfortunately that wasn't the case as Tomino confirmed that they will work on bringing children's character books to life instead of Gundam. However, it seems that Tomino isn't giving up on the idea of a Gundam live action movie.

According to one of the Gundam fanpages on Facebook, Yoshiyuki Tomino claimed he wasn't giving up on a Gundam live action movie and they said that Tomino is secretly working on the movie.

It has been claimed that a Japanese production team linked with Legacy Effects have been seen scouting for locations in the Philippines leading to speculation that the rumored Gundam live action movie will be shot in the Philippines.

Takezono Miyuta added that the Gundam Live action movie would be announced with a teaser trailer around Q4 2014 which means that the Gundam live action movie release date is around 2015

However everything stated at the top are rumors and should be taken with a grain of salt.

But should a Gundam live action movie happen what story would you prefer they adapt? Mobile Suit Gundam or Gundam Wing? Sound off in the comments below!

Thoughts?

swark34
June 11, 2014, 11:46 PM
Im excited . I think they should start it off in the uc series. If this movie is done right i think it will bring positive attention to gundam. I love gundam and i just want gundam to grow in the us. I have nothing aganist transformers but i think if they can be big . Gundam can to

Powerman293
June 12, 2014, 12:20 AM
This is a Japanese production team I assume? Because then, it wouldn't just have to be restricted to just Wing or First Gundam based. Unless they want to make a major profit off of this movie and release it in the West. (In which case Wing based is the only option). Although those mechs look U.C. based. So my hopes of a live-action 00 movie are dashed.

let's hope to god its not a sequel to G-savior. In terms of literal continuation or the fact that it might also suck.

Kenico
June 12, 2014, 12:38 AM
It looks like they are basing it off of the 8th MS team. and if thats the case than im on the bandwagon entirely. however i do have that pang of uneasiness in my stomach. I REALLY hope they dont F this up like they did with G-Saviour. (though on the other hand, it has grown on me as a decent B-film Sci Fi movie lol)

Zeon's RedComet
June 12, 2014, 1:02 AM
IIRC this was confirmed fake.

Setsunason54
June 12, 2014, 6:38 PM
I was wondering when they were going to make it. But if it is fake... Bummer

Psyco Diver
June 12, 2014, 8:15 PM
Impressive for a fake, though the 8th MS Team would probably make the most sense since it was one of the most popular Gundam series released in the US behind Wing and one of the most popular overall. Its a easier story to tell since it was a OVA and can be easily understood by people that never watched Gundam before

Setsunason54
June 12, 2014, 9:39 PM
08th ms team is my favorite by far and 00 gundam next. I believe they can make a good live action gundam movie. Wonder why they don't make it.

Psyco Diver
June 13, 2014, 12:03 AM
08th ms team is my favorite by far and 00 gundam next. I believe they can make a good live action gundam movie. Wonder why they don't make it.

G-Savior left a bad taste in the movie industries mouth when it comes to big mech movies, although Pacific Rim may have changed things some....

Setsunason54
June 13, 2014, 12:08 AM
G-Savior left a bad taste in the movie industries mouth when it comes to big mech movies, although Pacific Rim may have changed things some....

Yea I saw g-savior. The graphics were seriously dated and with transformers and pacific rim I know they can make a good gundam movie.

jaster-jesek
June 28, 2014, 3:44 PM
A lot of what makes Gundam works kind of needs to be expressed over a long episodic series.
Yes, technically there are Gundam stories whose length is under 2 hours, but such stories are always heavily reliant upon the other far longer series to have set the stage, explained the dynamics between the forces involved, introduced the technology being used and basically delivered all necessary primer in order to be able to comprehend and enjoy what is being delivered in the shorter story.

Trying to tell a proper Gundam story starting from nothing and having to try to introduce the entire world and the technology and the concepts as well as the characters and having all the action clock in at under 2 hours? I really feel as though such a project would be a bit doomed to failure. Certainly it has failed every time a Gundam story has tried it.

NoZaku
November 10, 2014, 1:56 AM
I want to believe...

Gundamswag
January 4, 2015, 7:30 PM
I would love to see encounters in space in live action. That would be sick if done right.

ronin
August 21, 2015, 8:18 PM
I would like to see the Gundam live movie series all about the future of how the world we are living now has changed tragically.

I can see it Wing style.

Mission: Genesis
Mission: Exodus
Final Mission: Revelation

Kirky82
August 26, 2015, 10:04 PM
Impressive for a fake, though the 8th MS Team would probably make the most sense since it was one of the most popular Gundam series released in the US behind Wing and one of the most popular overall. Its a easier story to tell since it was a OVA and can be easily understood by people that never watched Gundam before

I don't get that hey, I love the MS 08th team, but so many good gundam series like Stardust, war in the pocket etc...Wing I could take or leave. It was the first gundam series I saw (cartoon network) but not the best series

Zeon's RedComet
August 28, 2015, 4:44 AM
I don't get that hey, I love the MS 08th team, but so many good gundam series like Stardust, war in the pocket etc...Wing I could take or leave. It was the first gundam series I saw (cartoon network) but not the best series

It's Nostalgia, that's the reason it's (Wing) the most popular over here. Not much to really get.