PDA

View Full Version : Setsunason's Work-In-Progress thread

Setsunason54
June 6, 2014, 12:46 AM
I've seen a lot of threads like this one and I thought I jump in on the boat. Right now I'm just waiting patiently for an MG kit to get shipped and they're in back order. Ugh.

Still I can't wait for it to come. Till then I've been thinking of what kind of paints to use.

Any ideas?

jaqio
June 6, 2014, 2:09 AM
When I started out painting Gundam. I started with Tamiya's Acrylics bottle paints and a medium sized brush. As a matter of fact I still about 90 percent of the time still use them! Except Chrome.
Testors Enamels are really nice to I've noticed. But if you paint outdoors i'll probably say some good canned paint! though they can get expansive. But this hobbies a wallet killer anyway, so you might as well get some of the better stuff.

Setsunason54
June 6, 2014, 2:57 AM
When I started out painting Gundam. I started with Tamiya's Acrylics bottle paints and a medium sized brush. As a matter of fact I still about 90 percent of the time still use them! Except Chrome.
Testors Enamels are really nice to I've noticed. But if you paint outdoors i'll probably say some good canned paint! though they can get expansive. But this hobbies a wallet killer anyway, so you might as well get some of the better stuff.

Yea I've used the testors enamel paint and i really don't like it as much as the acrylics since it's water based.

I'm also looking for this hobby craft kit at work and it comes with all of these hobby knives and a cutting board for $8.

Until I get my kit, I'm thinking of a color scheme. Wonder what to do...

thwalker13
June 6, 2014, 7:47 AM
What kit in particular did you get?

Dlinker
June 6, 2014, 10:14 AM
I started with Tamiya Acrylics also, but then moved to Vallejo's Model Color line after a few months and never looked back. Stuff is just so easy to use for handpainting and looks so nice. I moved backwards when I started airbrushing, beginning with trying to use my existing bottles of VMC and then using Tamiya after finding out they're so much easier to airbrush. Now I'm using Mr. Color predominantly due to the quicker curing time.

Deciding on color schemes can be tough. I always try to base it off existing color schemes I've seen before and making small changes, haha.

Bossguy
June 6, 2014, 11:19 AM
Nice to see you making a WiP thread. Military color schemes are always cool to see, and are easier to come up with, since there are so many images to look at online.

jaqio
June 6, 2014, 12:54 PM
I forgot to ask what kit it was myself?

Setsunason54
June 6, 2014, 3:50 PM

Tada! Strike noir MG kit. It was either this one or Lucas' strike +ISWP kit but this one looks so much better in my opinion.

thwalker13
June 6, 2014, 3:52 PM
Ah very nice choice. I'd for sure keep black as the the dominant color. It just looks good in black.

Setsunason54
June 6, 2014, 3:52 PM
Nice to see you making a WiP thread. Military color schemes are always cool to see, and are easier to come up with, since there are so many images to look at online.

Yea I've been thinking about the military camo design but I don't know about that with the strike noir.

So much for surprising you guys until my kit comes 😝

jaqio
June 6, 2014, 3:56 PM
Sweet! I love that kit..

Setsunason54
June 6, 2014, 6:20 PM
Now I can't wait to work on it

Bossguy
June 6, 2014, 6:21 PM
It's a solid kit. The Noir Striker Pack is probably the best part about the kit. Technology ahead of the time it was made.

Setsunason54
June 6, 2014, 9:22 PM
Ah very nice choice. I'd for sure keep black as the the dominant color. It just looks good in black.

Oh definitely going to keep it black.

I was also thinking of adding gold accents.

Setsunason54
June 6, 2014, 10:40 PM
How do I achieve this metallic look? Like the ones they did here:

They look beautiful don't they?

Bossguy
June 7, 2014, 12:17 AM
Yes they do. Every modeler at some point asks themselves how they get that finish. You need a chrome base, (Alclad works best, but is an airbrush only type of paint) and a clear paint that you want the color to be. You also need a high gloss sealer. The only type of paint that will achieve that glossy of a finish is a urethane sealer, but those are EXTREMELY dangerous. I recommend just using a regular gloss sealer. Lacquer is fine. A model ain't worth your lungs.

Dlinker
June 7, 2014, 1:39 AM
^ To add to this, you'll also need a super smooth surface on each part and possibly a gloss black enamel base underneath the chrome (or even Stainless Steel) to get the best shine.

Setsunason54
June 7, 2014, 3:56 AM
Woo thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I don't own an airbrush.

Setsunason54
June 10, 2014, 6:31 PM
Going to a hobby store to buy a kit. I'll update you once I buy it. 😀

Setsunason54
June 10, 2014, 11:43 PM
Without further ado, I present to you MG Duel Gundam!

I just couldn't wait for the strike noir so I got the next best thing. I am still waiting on the noir but I figured until then I'll be satisfied with this one.

I really went all out today with raniya color rattle cans and some bargain hobby knives. So far I am so excited to get started!!

Update:

This thing has such intricate details it's amazing.

Setsunason54
June 11, 2014, 3:26 AM
Has anyone been having problems with the white tamiya spray paints?

thwalker13
June 11, 2014, 7:36 AM
The images in your last post on page 2, says they are invalid.

But congrats on the Duel Gundam. It's a great solid kit. As for the Tamiya paint, I have not used white from a can, but I have from an airbrush. What kind of issues are you having with it?

Setsunason54
June 11, 2014, 5:24 PM
It comes out really watery like it has too much thinner.

Update:

I am not liking the white paint on this. Sigh what to do. Anyone know how to get rid of the paint off the plastic?

Setsunason54
June 11, 2014, 8:19 PM
Look at that little guy

Bossguy
June 11, 2014, 9:34 PM
Great detail work on it. The GAT frame is nice and solid. I have had some problems with the white in the past. You primed the model first, right? You have to take it in really light coats at a time, I've found.

Setsunason54
June 11, 2014, 9:44 PM
Yea I primed it and that explains why. Thanks for the tip I'll do it in real light coats.

Sazabee
June 12, 2014, 12:36 AM
I wish I could paint my pilots as well x.x

Setsunason54
June 12, 2014, 1:14 AM
It was actually fun to do. Just need steady hands!

Day 2 and I just put the upper torso together. 7584

briank913
June 12, 2014, 1:33 AM
It comes out really watery like it has too much thinner.

Update:

I am not liking the white paint on this. Sigh what to do. Anyone know how to get rid of the paint off the plastic?

Paint remover from Mr. Hobby does the work, or you can prime over it haha. I find that the best white spray paint is the Gundam Color spray 01.

Dlinker
June 12, 2014, 1:39 AM
The blue on that chest looks nice and smooth. I see some frame parts in the background too, which looks to be painted in a metallic already.

Setsunason54
June 12, 2014, 7:36 AM
Thanks! you have a keen eye. Now my next frustration is panel lining. Any suggestions? I haven't worked with panel lining on a painted kit in awhile and it's been a headache.

thwalker13
June 12, 2014, 7:52 AM
That's a beautiful blue that you used man. And the detail on the pilot is top notch. As for panel lining, you could use an enamel wash. Depending on what type of paints you used for your base coats. Or you could gloss coat with a lacquer or acrylic base and do it.

Dlinker
June 12, 2014, 11:41 AM
^ This is your panel lining solution right here. If you clear coat with a lacquer, you can get away with an acrylic wash which is easier to clean and work with overall.

Setsunason54
June 12, 2014, 4:04 PM
That's a beautiful blue that you used man. And the detail on the pilot is top notch. As for panel lining, you could use an enamel wash. Depending on what type of paints you used for your base coats. Or you could gloss coat with a lacquer or acrylic base and do it.

Thanks! The pilot was hard to do since my hands were shaky like crazy lol.

^ This is your panel lining solution right here. If you clear coat with a lacquer, you can get away with an acrylic wash which is easier to clean and work with overall.

So coat then do the lining. Gotcha! Thanks guys!

Setsunason54
June 13, 2014, 4:58 AM
Finishing up on the back of the duel gundam.

I need to fix up the upper right thrusters. I messed up on the paint. 😔

And here's the head.

thwalker13
June 13, 2014, 7:32 AM
Says attachment is invalid for the head. But I like what you're doing. The blue really goes well the yellow and red. Keep up the good work man.

Dlinker
June 13, 2014, 10:36 AM
I don't think I've seen yellow be used on the Duel's thrusters. Kind of a strange combination with the red interior, but I like how it looks. How's the paint working out so far? I hear those small Testor's bottles can be difficult.

Bossguy
June 13, 2014, 11:03 AM
It looks really nice. The blue compliments the yellow very well.

Setsunason54
June 13, 2014, 3:22 PM
It looks really nice. The blue compliments the yellow very well.

Thanks!

I don't think I've seen yellow be used on the Duel's thrusters. Kind of a strange combination with the red interior, but I like how it looks. How's the paint working out so far? I hear those small Testor's bottles can be difficult.

Yea i couldn't find the same color paint so I just used yellow. Testors are hard to work with but I manage. Enamel paints are harder but the acrylic is easy to work with.

Zaku
June 13, 2014, 5:00 PM
Man this thing is turning out nice. I like the blue. And the thrusters detail is looking good.

Setsunason54
June 14, 2014, 5:02 AM
Thanks Zaku! I'm just putting a coat on the upper torso. Time for the arms!

I gotta hand it to you. I love the complexity of an MG kit. I just finished the upper torso but I haven't passed page 3 on the manual. It's crazy.

jaqio
June 14, 2014, 11:59 AM
That color your using for the blue is really nice! This should be pretty cool.

Setsunason54
June 14, 2014, 7:30 PM
That color your using for the blue is really nice! This should be pretty cool.

Thanks man. I did have my fair share of frustration with this kit though.

jaqio
June 15, 2014, 2:18 PM
I understand. I am building Turn A, and I just keep breaking parts!

Setsunason54
June 15, 2014, 5:39 PM
Same here I already broke a piece from the head and I was like damn it no!!!!

Setsunason54
June 16, 2014, 3:28 AM
What do you think?

Added gold accents on details where it has bolts and machinery.

thwalker13
June 16, 2014, 7:31 AM
Progress is looking really good man. The additional details on the frame really look great.

Dlinker
June 16, 2014, 11:18 AM
I'm liking what I'm seeing. The frame metallics blend well with the blues on the armor while the gold details give a subtle break on the overall scheme. What metallics did you use for the frame?

jaqio
June 16, 2014, 3:29 PM
I've gotta come to the boards more often man! That color scheme is so well done. Plus the accents on the frame stand out very well to.
Good Work!

Bossguy
June 16, 2014, 4:24 PM
It looks good. I like the gray you used.

Setsunason54
June 16, 2014, 5:38 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys! I'm just about done with the upper body and arms now. All I gotta do now is work on the legs and all the cool weaponry.

@Dlinker I used Tamiya gun metal metallic on the frame. And of course gold and silver metallic testors paint for the accents.

Zaku
June 16, 2014, 7:45 PM
Looks good man. And nice detail work.

Dlinker
June 17, 2014, 1:14 AM
I used Tamiya gun metal metallic on the frame.

The little bottle or the spray can? If it's the little bottle, I must not be remembering it correctly because it always came out black-ish when I used it. Yours has a cool blue tint to it.

Setsunason54
June 17, 2014, 2:38 AM
@Dlinker I used the spray can. And now that you mention it, in the photo the frame does have a blue tint to it. Maybe it reflecting off from the armor?

thwalker13
June 17, 2014, 7:34 AM
That's what I was assuming was giving it the blueish tint.

Dlinker
June 17, 2014, 11:12 AM
If you sprayed it right on the armor without a primer coat underneath, that would explain the blue tint. I noticed Tamiya Gunmetal likes to show the undercoat still, unless you put on a heavy layer. Not that I'm complaining. It looks nice.

Setsunason54
June 17, 2014, 4:15 PM
Hmm I did spray a coat of primer on it. But thanks for the comment! In person it's actually the reflection from the blue armor and it's kind of cool.

Setsunason54
June 22, 2014, 2:36 AM
Started on the leg two days ago and I took a break from the kit. Felt I needed one since I don't want to rush making this and be prone to mistakes. Taking time is a lot better than trying to rush perfection.

So I started again and boy sanding and getting rid of the nubs is long work.

The paint has been cured for 24 hours. And prepping for new pieces to be painted. Oh guess what movie I'm watching in the background.

I seriously love doing small details like this.

thwalker13
June 22, 2014, 11:17 AM
The frame is looking really good, as are the armor parts. But the last 2 attachments are coming up invalid.

Dlinker
June 22, 2014, 12:10 PM
Yeah, that frame is going to look great when the armor is all put in. I feel the same way whenever I have to de-nub and sand. Seems like the longest part of any kit I work on, even when I know painting can take a long time too.

Setsunason54
June 22, 2014, 3:55 PM
The frame is looking really good, as are the armor parts. But the last 2 attachments are coming up invalid.

Does it still show as invalid?

Setsunason54
June 22, 2014, 6:23 PM
Yeah, that frame is going to look great when the armor is all put in. I feel the same way whenever I have to de-nub and sand. Seems like the longest part of any kit I work on, even when I know painting can take a long time too.

It seems to take longer since it's a MG kit. A lot of parts.

Setsunason54
June 24, 2014, 3:24 AM
So today after work, I was looking for a paint brush that I really liked using but upon searching for it, I stumbled across my stash of my old Destiny Gundam. Sadly, pieces are broken and broken. But it got me thinking, should I customize my Duel Gundam? Like add the saber sword to it's back or something?

Obviously the wing is a different color. I custom painted it. It was all white

Dlinker
June 24, 2014, 11:07 AM
If you can mount the sword somehow, that would make for a cool addition.

Setsunason54
June 24, 2014, 5:44 PM
^right? Of course I'm going to paint the sword because that blue looks just too unrealistic to me. Now all I need to do is figure out how to mount it. This ought to be fun

Dlinker
June 24, 2014, 7:04 PM
Am I right in guessing the mounting part from the Destiny is gone too? You can try mounting it from the hip also using a magnet or something.

Setsunason54
June 24, 2014, 8:53 PM
I still got the mounting part is the good news and using magnets? That might be a good idea~

Dlinker
June 25, 2014, 1:06 AM
Cool, having the mounting part should make it much easier to figure out how to incorporate it into the Duel. Magnets are a great choice for sticking something somewhere, but it does require something to keep the object in place so it's not rotating around, like a slot.

Setsunason54
June 25, 2014, 1:11 AM

So here is the mounting parts from the Destiny Gundam. Tried to find some magnets but couldn't.

I'm going to try and add it to the Duel.

Update

I just sanded down the tip of the blade because it was flat and I wanted a realistic look so I made it sharp.

Setsunason54
June 26, 2014, 6:28 AM
Man I just finished the main body now and all I gotta do is the shroud and the weapons and adding that sword to it's back.

So far , I really am content with how the Gundam turned out.

Dlinker
June 26, 2014, 12:06 PM
Last two attachments didn't go through correctly. Curious to see how the blade now looks, haha.

Setsunason54
June 26, 2014, 11:21 PM
Just fixed it. I think I'm having problems with tapatalk on my iPhone. It's not really something to be in awe about though. I just wanted that realistic look of the blade so I honed it down. Before it was like flat and dull and it didn't look much like a blade.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran out of primer and gunmetal paint so I was without painting last night. Today went out and bought some more rattle cans so I could finish up the rest of the build.

They're Testors. I know what you guys might be saying that Testors are hard to work with and they're not that great. For me though, I've been using this since my first Gunpla kit and since then, it's been easy to work with for me. Maybe experience with them?

Dlinker
June 27, 2014, 1:29 AM
The little bottles with white caps have been the ones that were difficult for me. Those spray cans in your pic seem to be a hit-or-miss. For some people they work great, for others not so great so my opinion of them is right in the middle. What colors are those cans? Dare I assume grey, black, and a metallic?

Setsunason54
June 27, 2014, 6:08 AM
flat grey primer graphite metallic and black metallic. For me, the Tamiya rattle cans seemed to be a hit or miss for me. I haven't had any problems yet with the Testors.

- - - Updated - - -

I introduce you, Yzak.

thwalker13
June 27, 2014, 7:32 AM
Like Dlinker said, it's hit or miss. I've had horrible luck with Testors enamels and great luck with the Tamiya cans. So if they work for ya, stick with em.

And the figure of Yzak looks great man.

redslash
June 27, 2014, 7:47 AM
flat grey primer graphite metallic and black metallic. For me, the Tamiya rattle cans seemed to be a hit or miss for me. I haven't had any problems yet with the Testors.

- - - Updated - - -

I introduce you, Yzak.

That must have required a really steady hand. Looks nice and detailed.

Dlinker
June 27, 2014, 11:24 AM
The Yzak mini-fig looks really nice. Very accurate and clean paint applications. Was his uniform really red and black? Somehow I remember it being more of a dark blue, but I could be wrong.

Setsunason54
June 28, 2014, 12:00 AM
Like Dlinker said, it's hit or miss. I've had horrible luck with Testors enamels and great luck with the Tamiya cans. So if they work for ya, stick with em.

And the figure of Yzak looks great man.

Yea some of the tamiya cans did work well for me but not all and where the tamiya failed, testors worked out well for me.

That must have required a really steady hand. Looks nice and detailed.

Definitely steady hands but man my hands were shaking like crazy and I did mess up a few times on it.

The Yzak mini-fig looks really nice. Very accurate and clean paint applications. Was his uniform really red and black? Somehow I remember it being more of a dark blue, but I could be wrong.

Yea it was red and black. More darker red but I settled with just red.

And thanks for all the comments guys! It was rather a long process painting the little guy but I had nothing else to do while I'm waiting for the paint to dry on the other pieces that I'm working on.

- - - Updated - - -

Just sprayed some paint on the Destiny beam sword. I'm waiting on the Uschi Van der Rosten Metal polishing powder for the blade bit to come in the mail.

Dlinker
June 28, 2014, 12:59 AM
You're thinking of chroming the blade part? That would make a nice contrast with the grittier metallic of the entire sword.

Setsunason54
June 28, 2014, 6:27 AM
absolutely going to make it chrome. You read my mind. I felt it needed a realistic look to the sword. Just can't wait for it to come! ARGH! lol

Dlinker
June 28, 2014, 1:02 PM
I got my shipment of powders yesterday and tried out the Steel one on a spoon primed some weeks. The stuff certainly takes a bit of practice to apply correctly. There may also be some truth to how it's better if applied on paint that is recently cured.

Setsunason54
June 29, 2014, 10:35 PM
Mm but how did it come out?

Dlinker
June 29, 2014, 11:00 PM
See and judge for yourself. Here's the primed spoon before anything:

And here it is after the powder polish:

Mind you, I probably applied it wrong, but not bad for a first try. Curious to see how your chrome will look like.

Setsunason54
June 29, 2014, 11:50 PM
Man that looks nice! God I can't wait to try! Once I get mine I'll post it up as soon as I can. I'm getting a few shipments tomorrow hopefully the chrome is one of them.

Dlinker
June 30, 2014, 12:18 AM
Get some Q-tips and possibly water handy, then make sure you spray a semi-gloss black on the part you wish to chrome. That should get you all squared away with the right shine, according to what their website videos say.

I'm itching to try the chrome out myself. I'll compare my test results with yours next week when I get to try it, haha.

Setsunason54
June 30, 2014, 12:36 AM
I watched the video too on their website and saw some japanese videos on the modellers using this on their gunpla.

And you're on! Lol

Setsunason54
July 1, 2014, 11:38 PM
Alright so I got a new kit the strike noir. Now I'm debating if I should go for a custom color scheme or the original. Hmmm any ideas?

Dlinker
July 2, 2014, 1:44 AM
My vote is for a custom scheme. Not enough Strike Noirs out there with different colors, you know? I mean, just the Noir pack itself is screaming to be painted differently, haha.

Setsunason54
July 2, 2014, 4:56 AM
Haha yea I agree with what you just said! But with what? Hmmm

Setsunason54
July 2, 2014, 5:00 AM
Started the shroud for the Duel. I started using my airbrush for the first time. After painting these pieces and trying to clean it, that damn nozzle broke off. Sigh I'm pissed off.

But the paint came out nicely.

redslash
July 2, 2014, 9:09 AM
Started the shroud for the Duel. I started using my airbrush for the first time. After painting these pieces and trying to clean it, that damn nozzle broke off. Sigh I'm pissed off.

But the paint came out nicely.

ah man that sucks, had that a couple of weeks ago during cleaning the nozzle.

Dlinker
July 2, 2014, 10:46 AM
Ouch, sorry to hear that. At least replacement parts for Master ABs are easy to get and not too pricey. What kind of paint did you use for those parts? Looks really nice and smooth.

Setsunason54
July 2, 2014, 4:19 PM
I used acrylic paint! No fumes and goes on really smooth. I was really surprised.

Setsunason54
July 2, 2014, 4:21 PM
Ouch, sorry to hear that. At least replacement parts for Master ABs are easy to get and not too pricey. What kind of paint did you use for those parts? Looks really nice and smooth.

The nozzle that you need to take out with the spanner wrench broke off. You think I can find a replacement for that?

Dlinker
July 2, 2014, 5:10 PM
Just to confirm, it's that tiny one at the very tip, right? If so, then yeah, you can get a replacement. I think TCP Global always has them in stock for those Master ABs.

Zaku
July 2, 2014, 5:45 PM
Ouch man sorry to hear about your bad luck.

outamyhead
July 2, 2014, 7:55 PM
The nozzle that you need to take out with the spanner wrench broke off. You think I can find a replacement for that?

From the brief search I did on Amazon, looks like you have to buy the needle, nozzle, and nozzle cap, but it's under $10 for a whole bunch of models covered, just depends on the needle size.

Setsunason54
July 2, 2014, 9:25 PM
From the brief search I did on Amazon, looks like you have to buy the needle, nozzle, and nozzle cap, but it's under $10 for a whole bunch of models covered, just depends on the needle size.

Wow thanks for looking that up for me. Well luckily I contacted the seller and they're sending me the replacement parts free of charge. Talk about customer service right? But thanks man.

Setsunason54
July 4, 2014, 7:31 AM
If any of guys read this, what is a backlog? I've seen several of you have mentioned it. I'm new to this lol

V0LTES-V01
July 4, 2014, 8:28 AM
If any of guys read this, what is a backlog? I've seen several of you have mentioned it. I'm new to this lol
It's an excess amount of gunpla in your posession that's yet to be built or never will be built because you bought too damn much. LOL, that's basically it.

Setsunason54
July 4, 2014, 9:05 AM
Haha oh I see. Well if that's the case I have a very small backlog. Thanks for the info.

Setsunason54
July 5, 2014, 4:47 AM

Painted the front chest piece for the shroud.

I panel lined it with silver so it would stand out and I got rid of the excess with a Qtip but it ended up looking like it was dry brushed and looked pretty good.

Never knew a mistake would look like this.

Dlinker
July 5, 2014, 9:13 PM
Wow, I really like how those look. If you didn't tell us it was painted, one can easily mistake them for actual metal pieces.

Zaku
July 5, 2014, 9:35 PM
Oh wow those really do look great. Very nice

Setsunason54
July 6, 2014, 6:04 AM
Thanks guys. I was about to get frustrated by the paint smearing but once I kept trying to clean it up, the better it looked so I'm happy now. I can't do much still because I'm waiting for my replacement piece for my airbrush to come.

thwalker13
July 6, 2014, 11:44 AM
What kind of silver were your using? I've tried multiple times to clean up silver, and have been met with the same thing as you.

Setsunason54
July 6, 2014, 3:26 PM
Testors acrylic silver. That thing does not go away but man I like how it turned out.

thwalker13
July 6, 2014, 3:36 PM
I've tried Model Masters Chrome Silver and the Tamiya Silver. Neither clean up very well.

Setsunason54
July 6, 2014, 4:33 PM
I think it's because of the metallic flakes. Other paints like black would come off really well for me.

Dlinker
July 6, 2014, 10:03 PM
^ Yeah, even Vallejo metallics are hard to clean up. It's possible if you paint on top of lacquer, but on top of another acrylic, forget about it.

Setsunason54
July 6, 2014, 10:12 PM
Speaking of which, when using enamel paints and the piece is painted with it, and let's say I want to panel line it with an acrylic. Is it better to clean up the lines using alcohol?

Dlinker
July 7, 2014, 12:49 AM
Only if it doesn't have any negative effects on the paint. I say test it out to make sure the alcohol doesn't do anything bad first. Try it out with all alcohol, then a mix of alcohol and water since some acrylics (like Vallejo) can be cleaned up easily with a mix rather than straight alcohol. You can try Windex too.

Setsunason54
July 7, 2014, 3:38 AM
Oh windex, haven't thought of that. Like you said, I should test it out first before doing anything to my actual pieces. Thanks for the info!

Dlinker
July 7, 2014, 7:03 PM
You're welcome, man. Let us know how it goes. I haven't used Windex for cleaning up anything other than Vallejo and Tamiya so I don't know exactly how it will behave when cleaning up panel lines.

Setsunason54
July 8, 2014, 4:57 AM
I'll let you know. I just gotta get my shipments in.

Setsunason54
July 9, 2014, 3:16 AM
Remember how I told you that my airbrush broke?

Well here's what it looks like:
And it can't be screwed back on. Luckily I got my repair kit today from courtesy of TCP Global, which by the way have the best customer service I've experienced, and I replaced it.

I learned that these pieces are fragile so must be handled with care and with care I did.

Now time to airbrush away!

These pieces are ready to go. Been dried for a couple days now.

thwalker13
July 9, 2014, 8:34 AM
Glad that you were able to get your airbrush fixed man. And it would seem with relative ease to boot.

Setsunason54
July 9, 2014, 7:09 PM
Yea wasn't too hard to fix. Just screwed it on.

Dlinker
July 9, 2014, 7:27 PM
Glad to see your AB is up and running. That's what I never liked about Master ABs. That nozzle is so easy to break, especially if you're trying to do a quick clean-up.

Setsunason54
July 9, 2014, 9:02 PM
I agree but it's my first AB and it works really well for me. Like last night the tip of the needle bent luckily I had a spare.

Dlinker
July 10, 2014, 1:37 AM
Oh, I'm not questioning your choice of AB. I used a Master G44 for a year for everything (paint, primer, clear/flat) and then kept using it for priming/clear/flat coating for another year. They do the job well and if you're careful with them, they can last a while. I retired it only because I was able to snag a Badger Patriot 105 for $90, haha.

Setsunason54
July 10, 2014, 4:34 AM
You got a Badger for $90?! To my knowledge, Badgers are pretty pricey and for you to get it for that price, that's a sweet deal! Lol Using an AB is definitely addicting. Once I start ABing, I feel like I'm in the zone like no one can touch me lol.

Now I need to get more white paint. Unfortunately ran out to mix with some other colors to finish the Shroud.

I gotta tell ya, Duel Gundam looks really nice compared to the other ones I have. Although I will not show it off yet. If I am done, it will be on my completed thread.

Other than my Duel, I'm still debating on the color scheme for the Strike Noir. I was thinking all black with red accents. What do you guys think?

thwalker13
July 10, 2014, 8:25 AM
I think a black and red Strike Noir would look awesome. I say go for it!

I have a Badger Patriot as well, I love it. Eventually I'd like to get another one and use it for just primer/top coats. I got mine from Amazon, I happened across it while there was a sale going on. $45 bucks free shipping, I couldn't pass it up. I had to wait due to it being backordered, but I told the seller that I did not care to wait. haha

Setsunason54
July 10, 2014, 5:56 PM
Lol okay! Black and Red it is.

Man you guys got some sweet deals on those AB.

Dlinker
July 10, 2014, 7:34 PM
Keep an eye out on Amazon and Chicago Airbrush Supply. They often have the best prices on Badger ABs. However, because of that, they're often out of stock, haha.

Might I suggest two-tone black and then the red for your Strike Noir? Not enough two-tones out there and I think it would look great on it.

Setsunason54
July 10, 2014, 9:41 PM
Two tone black? How would that look like?

Dlinker
July 11, 2014, 12:59 AM
You can try a flat black and then a gloss black. Gloss black is typically much blacker while a flat black can look light thanks to the matte texture.

Setsunason54
July 11, 2014, 4:38 AM
You know when you mentioned the two tone black, that's exactly what I was thinking of.

thwalker13
July 11, 2014, 8:18 AM
I did that exact thing with my Banshee Norn. I painted the backpack and feet in gloss black, and the rest with a matte black. Looks really good.

Setsunason54
July 11, 2014, 2:49 PM
I did that exact thing with my Banshee Norn. I painted the backpack and feet in gloss black, and the rest with a matte black. Looks really good.

Yea I saw that and it's really sexy. I shall do something like that if you don't mind.

thwalker13
July 11, 2014, 3:19 PM
I have no reason to mind if you two tone the black. I'm sure it'll look really good once it's done.

Setsunason54
July 15, 2014, 9:38 PM
Okay hello. It's been awhile since I have you an update on my work. Today I finally got a shipment in today for my chrome powder. I only ordered a chrome powder but somehow, they just decided to upgrade my purchase to a set. So I got the steel type, iron type, and the chrome type for the purchase of one.

It definitely was a nice surprise!

So I'm going to work on these tonight and after put in decals, and top coat and you'll be seeing my Duel soon on my completed thread. Can't wait to show ya.

Dlinker
July 16, 2014, 12:58 AM
Excellent, you got the whole set. I'm now itching to try the Iron powder after seeing how great the Steel and Chrome work. I remember you're going to chrome out that sword so I can't wait to see your results.

Setsunason54
July 18, 2014, 7:42 PM

Tried it out on the sword and it didn't come out as good as I hoped using the chrome powder. I realized that the higher shine the base coat has, the shinier it gets. Still I used it on my thrusters on my Duel and I gotta say, looks really cool.

For this time around, I've decided to not customize my Duel with this sword. Maybe next time lol.

Setsunason54
July 19, 2014, 1:32 AM
I managed to chip off some paint on the thruster cover(?). I had to do a coat of metallic blue again. Then I realized that the thrusters on the shroud had been chromed and I hadn't chromed the other ones on the Duel so I prepped it to make it look shiny. Of course it looks flat but I'm going to gloss coat it once it dries to get the high shine.8001

Dlinker
July 19, 2014, 1:37 AM
Yeah, that's the only downside with hi-shine finishes, whether using powders or paint. It all depends on how smooth the coat is underneath so it can take a good deal of work to achieve properly. Anxious to see those thrusters to compare with the sword, haha.

Setsunason54
July 19, 2014, 9:31 PM
I'm letting the high gloss coat dry right now.

Setsunason54
July 20, 2014, 6:02 PM
So here's the comparison with the sword. 8071

I don't know if you can tell but the thruster has a lot more shine after I coated it. While the blade was just a semi gloss paint.

I will be using my sword next time around though.

Dlinker
July 20, 2014, 6:04 PM
Oh yeah, I can definitely see the difference between the two. Those thrusters will look great on your kit.

Setsunason54
July 22, 2014, 2:49 AM
Okay this is my last update fort Duel. Here's the before and after pic of the thrusters. I just can't get it to shine and reflect like it's real metal. Maybe my expectations are too high?

After
Before

thwalker13
July 22, 2014, 9:06 AM
I see what you mean in the before and after shots. It looks like Tamiya Gunmetal instead of a glossy metallic.

Dlinker
July 22, 2014, 11:26 AM
Hmmm, it's possible that your black undercoat wasn't smooth or glossy enough. The smoother and shinier the base coat, the better the metallic look. I find that it's better if the base coat is shiny enough that you can see your reflection and some details.

Setsunason54
July 22, 2014, 8:06 PM
How would I go about getting a smooth black finish on the base coat?

I did use my AB and the paint is gloss.

Dlinker
July 23, 2014, 1:21 AM
You got a small piece to test on? I find those to be the easiest when it comes to shiny gloss black finishes. How I did was spray up to two or three normal layers of gloss black, wait a few minutes, then spray a heavier layer until the part starts reflecting something, at which point you stop lest you create orange peel. If you can't get it with acrylic, see if you can buy a bottle of Alclad Gloss Black Base. Kinda pricey, but it goes a long way and is one of the most effective ways of getting a smooth finish.

Setsunason54
July 23, 2014, 8:29 AM
Hmm I will do that on my next project. Thanks for the tip. I only did spray a thin coat.

Well the Duel is done and you can check it out on my completed thread!

Dlinker
July 23, 2014, 12:23 PM
Is it okay to assume you'll be sticking with airbrushing from now on?

Setsunason54
July 24, 2014, 11:28 PM
Absolutely. It's so much easier to work with and minus the really harsh fumes. It's somewhat addicting.

Dlinker
July 25, 2014, 12:39 AM
I hear you on that. If I had a better setup, I would be capable of spending nearly the entire day airbrushing stuff. What's on your to-do list next?

Setsunason54
July 25, 2014, 11:09 AM
My next thing on my list is buy Kampfer cuz that thing looks sick! And of course work on my strike noir.

Setsunason54
July 29, 2014, 4:54 AM
I thought I practice on my airbrushing techniques and thought I use my phone case as my practice palette.

I learned a lot through it actually.

Can you tell what logo that is?

Zaku
July 29, 2014, 5:20 AM
The paint looks good but the only way i knew that was our Zeon emblem is because ive got a tattoo of it and i know it very very well. The paint looks nice and smooth though and as far as i can tell there is no ridge where you masked it.

Setsunason54
July 29, 2014, 6:18 AM
If the case had a full backing which I wished it did, it would look better but I just wanted to play around with it.

And I guess only true fans will recognize what it is :)

Zaku
July 29, 2014, 7:02 AM
I suppose it could be a secret thing. Lol SEIG ZEON!!

Setsunason54
July 29, 2014, 8:06 AM
lol I'll let you know how many people recognizes it

Dlinker
July 29, 2014, 12:14 PM
I saw the many points and immediately recognized it as some kind of Zeon symbol, haha. Looks clean and smooth with no jagged edges.

Setsunason54
July 30, 2014, 8:26 AM
Haha yea unfortunately the primer wasn't the right primer for the case because it chipped off already.

Dlinker
July 30, 2014, 11:15 AM
^ The bane of our existence right there. What kind of primer did you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Setsunason54
July 30, 2014, 5:22 PM
Enamel primer I later researched for cases that are rubberized, it needs to be oil based? But isn't enamel oil based anyways?

Dlinker
July 30, 2014, 7:50 PM
Usually, yeah, enamels are oil-based. I didn't even know there was such a thing as enamel primer.

Setsunason54
July 30, 2014, 8:35 PM
Testors do and my personal experience, it feels thick ol even though I do a light coat.

Zaku
July 30, 2014, 8:47 PM
Aww that sucks. I was hoping the case would survive. And what did you use as a stencil for the emblem?

Setsunason54
July 31, 2014, 6:34 AM
I printed out the logo and cut it out. I first coated it gold and then put the cutout on it and went over it with red.

Setsunason54
August 3, 2014, 6:17 AM
I know I got the strike noir ready to be built but my Arios has been bothering me from day one since I didn't have the proper tools to finish. So I decided to do something about it.

Kit bash it! Yea!!! First time doing something like this. Already liking how it looks so far. Not telling you before hand what my plan is. I'll just show it to you along the way.

Dlinker
August 3, 2014, 6:17 PM
Are those the shoulders of the Destiny? I'm already liking the direction so far.

Setsunason54
August 3, 2014, 6:19 PM
Yes they are! I just gotta figure out a way to fit the original arms on it.

Zaku
August 3, 2014, 6:21 PM
That thing is looking really awesome already.

Setsunason54
August 3, 2014, 9:21 PM
Thanks Zaku! I was worried about the proportion since the Arios is a lot taller than the Destiny but I'm glad it fits and doesn't look off.

Does anyone know if any crafts store like michaels have putty?

Zaku
August 4, 2014, 12:09 AM
Yea it looks awesome so far. And hobby lobby has tamiya putty

Setsunason54
August 4, 2014, 1:27 AM
Oh awesome! Thanks for the info!

Here's a lil update.

This is so that the original arm can fit with the shoulder from Destiny. I took the arm piece from Destiny and made a hole in it.

Here's the chest piece.

Setsunason54
August 4, 2014, 1:28 AM

Dlinker
August 4, 2014, 1:35 AM
Where did those parts on the chest come from? I think it matches the edgy motif of the Arios.

Setsunason54
August 4, 2014, 3:35 AM
It's from Astraea kit. It's an extra piece it had in the kit which was meant for the Exia. Which would be the front skirts.

Setsunason54
August 5, 2014, 5:12 AM
Here's what I got so far. Just checked out the proportion and it's spot on. Still gotta fill in the gaps and checking for fitting and stuff.

Dlinker
August 5, 2014, 11:29 AM
Looking good. Has that shoulder been painted or primed before? Quite a texture on it.

Setsunason54
August 5, 2014, 5:31 PM
Yea it has. The Destiny gundam was my practice gundam for painting.

jaqio
August 5, 2014, 9:22 PM
Man, I don't believe I have missed this one! That's a good looking piece of work there!
The parts seem to mesh together well..

Setsunason54
August 6, 2014, 12:43 AM
Thanks Jaqio! I was really busy today doing errands so I wasn't able to work on anything but I did manage to pick up goodies.

Hobby lobby does have a pretty decent selections of model color and airbrushing stuff.

Picked up some coats as well as the putty.

jaqio
August 6, 2014, 1:42 AM
Good Haul! I really want to see the way the coats look? Cause I never used this brands before.

Setsunason54
August 6, 2014, 7:53 AM
Yea me too. I'm trying to avoid rattle cans as much as I can because of the strong fumes so I was really stoked to have found this.

I'm going to hobby lobby from now on for paints and certain tamiya products.

jaqio
August 6, 2014, 10:55 AM
Hobby Lobby is great for finding Testors products . I get my enamels and cans from there exclusively.

Setsunason54
August 7, 2014, 12:02 AM
I find testors products at michaels no problem but I have seen so many more products at hobby lobby and I was really happy to see AB they were selling.

Setsunason54
August 7, 2014, 7:45 PM

Here's the head piece I was working on last night. I wanted to add a little more edge to the head piece.

I just gotta fill it in with some putty and it will be good to go.
Update on the chest piece.

I put putty but I'm having some difficulties sanding it off on tight and hard to reach places. I'll post some photos up later.

Zaku
August 7, 2014, 7:53 PM
Looks good man. And as far as sanding tight places you can fold a pice of sandpaper into a triangle to get at it.

Dlinker
August 8, 2014, 1:08 AM
^ That and maybe use your hobby knife to slowly shave it smooth. Curious to see how the head will turn out. Good thing we got some previous pics to compare with.

Setsunason54
August 8, 2014, 2:43 AM
Yea I've been doing that. Been doing a sloppy job but understand I was tired and stressed. Haha and don't expect too much since this is my first time.

Setsunason54
August 13, 2014, 12:24 AM
Okay here's an update. It's been a while but I think I'm making good progress.

Took awhile since I've been working on this on and off.

Dlinker
August 13, 2014, 1:33 AM
Nice, the addition of those side skirts adds some more width below the hips, making him almost as wide as the Virtue. What else are you thinking of adding to it?

Shponglefan
August 13, 2014, 1:36 AM
That looks like it's coming together nicely!

Setsunason54
August 13, 2014, 9:06 PM
Nice, the addition of those side skirts adds some more width below the hips, making him almost as wide as the Virtue. What else are you thinking of adding to it?

Thanks! I'm surprised how wide his hips are lol. Right now I'm in the works of sanding some putty off the head piece since I added some accents and figuring out how to add a back pack to him. I got a lot of ideas written down and plan on working on it soon.

That looks like it's coming together nicely!

Thanks Shponglefan! It means a lot coming from you. Seeing how your works been progressing and I can see that you sir is not a noob.

Setsunason54
August 17, 2014, 7:57 AM
Man I just cut my damn finger with the hobby knife and man it was pretty deep. Scared me more than it hurt.

Still, I made some good progress even though I had a hiccup with the chest piece not fitting in well with the neck piece.

Worked on the feet. I did not like the original feet because it looked too much like a high heel and wanted to add some feature to bulk it up.

And I'm reshaping the face.

It looks hideous now but wait till I'm done.

Zaku
August 17, 2014, 8:56 AM
I know that feeling well man. And its looking pretty beastly so far.
http://i60.tinypic.com/wkmn1s.jpg

Dlinker
August 17, 2014, 2:14 PM
That new heel looks appropriate. It doesn't take away from the design at all. The face does look strange, haha. Looking forward to see what the result will be.

jaqio
August 17, 2014, 3:49 PM
I know that feeling well man. And its looking pretty beastly so far.
http://i60.tinypic.com/wkmn1s.jpg
Oh god! that pictorial knocked me out off my chair! Somewhere in my head this is what I envision when the inevitable hobby accident comes for me..

thwalker13
August 17, 2014, 6:11 PM
I'm liking the new heel you made, it looks like it should have been molded that way right from the box.

jaqio
August 17, 2014, 9:23 PM
I totally agree about how good the heel looks.

Setsunason54
August 18, 2014, 12:29 AM
Thanks you guys! I haven't glued them together yet but I will. I gotta fill in that gap with putty. Hopefully you will like the face as well.

Setsunason54
August 18, 2014, 1:56 PM
I'm going to take a break until my cut closes up. Don't want any dust getting in :/

Dlinker
August 18, 2014, 3:12 PM
Pffft, weakling. Grab some superglue and close that cut up. The Gunpla Gods will it :twisted:

Kidding aside, it does suck when your main working fingers get cut up. What normally feels soothing becomes a test of pain tolerance.

Setsunason54
August 18, 2014, 4:52 PM
Haha yea true but I just want to be safe and not have an infection.

It was worse than it is now.

Dlinker
August 18, 2014, 5:06 PM
Oh, ouch. A bit of a bad place to get a cut due to how frequent that area stretches and contracts.

Setsunason54
August 18, 2014, 5:21 PM
Exactly!! Not to mention I keep hitting it accidentally at work.

Zaku
August 18, 2014, 9:31 PM
That does look irritating super glue does a really good job of sealing up cuts though.

jaqio
August 18, 2014, 9:45 PM
Man, that's kind of deep! And it was worse?

With me. I immediately forget that I am using an razor blade right by my fingers. And always zone out when i'm using my blade. Not anymore!

Shponglefan
August 18, 2014, 11:54 PM
Ouch! Hope that heals up quickly!

Setsunason54
August 19, 2014, 3:15 PM
That does look irritating super glue does a really good job of sealing up cuts though.
Haha yea you weren't the first to suggest that me but I think I'll pass

Man, that's kind of deep! And it was worse?

With me. I immediately forget that I am using an razor blade right by my fingers. And always zone out when i'm using my blade. Not anymore!
Yea it was and it was bleeding profusely. I was the same I was just into the kit and forgot that I was working with a freaking sharp knife and BOOM! I cut myself.

Ouch! Hope that heals up quickly!

It's...getting there.

thwalker13
August 19, 2014, 3:24 PM
Jeeze man, that is one deep cut. If you don't wanna use super glue. Gunpowder works as well. ;)

Seriously though, hope it heels up soon man.

V0LTES-V01
August 19, 2014, 4:46 PM
Wear your battle scar proudly hobby warrior! 8759

...awesome heel mod by the way.

Setsunason54
August 19, 2014, 5:44 PM
Jeeze man, that is one deep cut. If you don't wanna use super glue. Gunpowder works as well. ;)

Seriously though, hope it heels up soon man.

Haha gunpowder?! You crazy man but yea it's healing

Wear your battle scar proudly hobby warrior! 8759

...awesome heel mod by the way.

Haha I never thought I would pour my blood sweat and tears on this kit lol

Setsunason54
September 5, 2014, 7:05 PM
My goodness I've been gone for awhile. I kept trying to have myself work on my kits but it seems like I can't get myself to do it. Anyone felt the same before?

Zeta
September 5, 2014, 9:40 PM
My goodness I've been gone for awhile. I kept trying to have myself work on my kits but it seems like I can't get myself to do it. Anyone felt the same before?

Yep. I've have that same feeling with my HGUC Gundam Alex. I haven't been able to complete due to the fact that I have to order some new parts for it and I have get a standard Gundam blue color marker to get rid of the nub marks.

Dlinker
September 5, 2014, 11:54 PM
Yep, we all get that way from time to time. Well, I actually haven't experienced it in a very long time, but that's likely due to me not having a lot of time to work on kits or anything related to model building to begin with. Kinda like when you were a kid and limited time with video games made them super special, but now that you're an adult and you can play whenever, they kinda lost their magic.

Setsunason54
September 6, 2014, 1:19 AM
I'm thinking that I'm like this because I'm so worn out from work and don't really have the motivation and energy to finish it. Trust me I still love building kits but I guess I just lost the spark for awhile.

Dlinker
September 6, 2014, 12:47 PM
If that's the case, just wait until you get the motivation and energy back. You still have the desire and that should be enough to keep the hobby in your mind.

Setsunason54
September 6, 2014, 6:35 PM
Yea I shouldn't force myself otherwise I'm afraid I'll screw it up ya know?

Shponglefan
September 6, 2014, 11:35 PM
I'm kinda feeling this way too right now. Taking a break is a good idea, but after a break I usually have to force myself to sit down and work on things. It's that initial push that is gets the momentum going again.

Dlinker
September 7, 2014, 1:17 AM
Indeed, nothing wrong with taking a break. I'm kinda doing the same thing now due to the impending wedding and such. Taking my time with the G-Saviour so I won't mess up what will be the last kit I'll work on for the year.

thwalker13
September 7, 2014, 5:24 PM
Nothing wrong with taking a break. I'm kinda feeling a good break after I get my backlog finished.

Setsunason54
September 7, 2014, 5:53 PM
I'm kinda feeling this way too right now. Taking a break is a good idea, but after a break I usually have to force myself to sit down and work on things. It's that initial push that is gets the momentum going again.
Yea that's the deal with me too just gotta push myself. At the same time I need a breaker and feel refreshed.

Indeed, nothing wrong with taking a break. I'm kinda doing the same thing now due to the impending wedding and such. Taking my time with the G-Saviour so I won't mess up what will be the last kit I'll work on for the year.
Is this wedding for you? If that's the case congrats man! When's the big day?

Nothing wrong with taking a break. I'm kinda feeling a good break after I get my backlog finished.
But don't you have a huge backlog? Lol

Well anyways thanks for the insight I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thanks guys

Dlinker
September 8, 2014, 1:01 AM
Anytime, man. And yes, the wedding is for me, haha. November 22nd is the big day and I can foresee that month being super busy. I'll be glad to come back to the hobby after that.

thwalker13
September 8, 2014, 8:51 AM
My backlog might not be huge, but I've been busting ass to try and get through it. And the last kit is going to take a long time to finish. So I'm feeling a good break will be needed afterward.

Setsunason54
September 10, 2014, 7:25 AM
Anytime, man. And yes, the wedding is for me, haha. November 22nd is the big day and I can foresee that month being super busy. I'll be glad to come back to the hobby after that.
Bet you're busy helping your future wife with all the planning huh? Luckily this hobby will be waiting for both of us after a break.

My backlog might not be huge, but I've been busting ass to try and get through it. And the last kit is going to take a long time to finish. So I'm feeling a good break will be needed afterward.
Mm yea I totally agree with you. After a huge project is finished and jumping on to the next one, it just doesn't feel right.

Dlinker
September 10, 2014, 11:31 AM
Exactly. It's hard enough making sure my future wife is assured I'm paying attention to all of the wedding stuff, but it's even harder when you factor in having to find ourselves a home to rent at the same time. Oh well, it's all for the better.

Regarding huge projects, that's one of the reasons why I prefer working on HG kits. No matter what you want to do to them, they still won't take as long when compared to similar plans on an MG kit. If was to compare the Crossbone vs. the G-Saviour in terms of effort, I felt more exhausted after the Crossbone. Heck, I felt exhausted during the painting process.

thwalker13
September 10, 2014, 1:13 PM
I will say that is truth. The last MG that I worked on was my MG Kampfer. And it was tiring with the numerous parts. However, on the flip side. I do miss working on MG kits. I've been doing HGs for months now. And I'm ready for something bigger.

Setsunason54
September 12, 2014, 6:44 AM
Maybe after my big projects, I should work on HG for a bit. MGs as much I love their details and size of the kit, it does take a long time to build.

Dlinker
September 12, 2014, 11:01 AM
You should. It will give you a change of pace. Make it even better by buying the newer HG kits so you won't have to suffer through too much seam welding, haha.

Setsunason54
November 24, 2014, 5:14 AM
It's been long you guys. Was working on some stuff while I was gone and hopefully it will kick off real soon.

But I got to my Arios awhile back and wanted to show you what I got.

Feels good to be back.

thwalker13
November 24, 2014, 7:32 AM
A very clean looking Arios man. Well done. Is it just me, or does the face seem to have a slight pinkish hue to it? Could just be the lighting.

Dlinker
November 24, 2014, 11:12 AM
The mods are still looking good, if a bit rough, mostly with the edges where they attach.

Bossguy
November 24, 2014, 11:15 AM
Welcome back. It's looking pretty good so far.

Setsunason54
November 24, 2014, 1:35 PM
A very clean looking Arios man. Well done. Is it just me, or does the face seem to have a slight pinkish hue to it? Could just be the lighting.
It does from the red chin which will be fixed once I paint it. :)

The mods are still looking good, if a bit rough, mostly with the edges where they attach.
Oh definitely. I haven't finished smoothing pieces out yet. Nothing a putty won't do.

Welcome back. It's looking pretty good so far.
Hey t hanks man. It was a good break for me you know working and doing projects on the side and all. Nothing like working on gunplas:)

Setsunason54
December 6, 2014, 4:50 AM
Added thrusters to the leg and finally finishing up the head.

No photos on the head. Gosh this build is taking longer than I hope to. Well then again I started a YouTube channel and a website about technology and that's been taking a lot of my time and not to mention my other work as well.

Hopefully I could finish this soon.

thwalker13
December 6, 2014, 2:45 PM
The thrusters are looking good man.

Dlinker
December 6, 2014, 8:49 PM
Neat little detail with those thrusters. No worries on taking a long time for this build. Your other works sound pretty interesting, haha.

Setsunason54
December 7, 2014, 2:07 AM
Haha been busy trying to stay productive and keep my sanity. But hey thanks for the comments. I'm still working on the coloring and stuff.

Setsunason54
January 23, 2015, 2:23 AM
Been working on the Arios and just sanding down some edges and adding some details that could make it look better.. What do you guys think?

Now all I'm waiting is some styrene sheets that I ordered and I can start painting.

And I started the strike noir yesterday and finished the body and just gotta finish the backpack and man oh man.
The strike has such small pieces and its freaking articulate.

After the backpack time to paint!

Dlinker
January 23, 2015, 12:13 PM
It looks good so far and it's much cleaner now, at least for the parts you're showing off.

What do you have planned for the Strike Noir? I love that kit. Second MG I ever built and I love it so much I even bought a resin enhancement kit for it.

Setsunason54
January 24, 2015, 3:36 AM
It looks good so far and it's much cleaner now, at least for the parts you're showing off.

What do you have planned for the Strike Noir? I love that kit. Second MG I ever built and I love it so much I even bought a resin enhancement kit for it.
I really don't know yet. I just want build it all first then see what I can add then paint it and of course it's going to be custom painted. :)

So far the strike noir is a beast of a build because it has such small parts I've never seen before in a gunpla kit. So I love it and it amazes me.

Setsunason54
January 25, 2015, 4:32 AM
Just made this kit unacceptable for children lol

Made the swords actually sharper can you see the difference?

Finished the back pack and the strike noir is full assembled. It will soon be painted.

Dlinker
January 26, 2015, 11:42 AM
The bottom blade has a more pronounced edge and looks way better than the top one.

Decided on a color scheme for it yet?

thwalker13
January 26, 2015, 12:19 PM
I agree with Dlinker. The bottom blade looks 10x better.

Setsunason54
January 31, 2015, 5:33 AM
The bottom blade has a more pronounced edge and looks way better than the top one.

Decided on a color scheme for it yet?
Yes I have. It's pretty generic but the way I see the strike noir it reminds me of a ninja so I want it to be black and red and majority of it being black with different shades. I'll post a coloring page if an find one.

I agree with Dlinker. The bottom blade looks 10x better.
And yea I already stabbed myself couple times lol