PDA

View Full Version : G-Saviour Group Build WIP

Pages : [1] 2

Zeta-G
May 7, 2014, 1:32 PM
I brought this up as a bit of a joke in another thread, but after thinking about it some more and gauging some possible interest it could be a lot of fun for a few reasons.

1) Given the movie that the suit is from, I doubt a lot of people have built one before.

2) The general dislike for the movie/design could lead to some fun attempts at "fixing" the design through modification/kit bashing.

3) Given the number of people who seriously dislike it, there would be almost certainly one battle damaged G-Saviour.

4) It is relatively cheap.

5) Unlike the Kämpfer Amazing was, the G-Saviour isn't likely to be difficult to obtain in the near future

HG G-Saviour gets reissued in June. You can lock in an order for one here: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN78676/Gun
If you miss out, it'll likely get reissued in December as Bandai seems to have it on a 6 month production cycle. It can usually be found on eBay for a reasonable rate as well.

Ideally, people will have their kits finished by Halloween (October 31st), but that date isn't set in stone, it's just a guideline.

Start date is July 1st.

Build the HG of the most underrated lead Gundam of all time, and you can do the design justice with a faithful build, you can fix what you think is wrong with it with a few modifications, or you can mangle it with the severe battle damage that you think it deserves. The choice is up to you! Have fun!

Plamobot
May 7, 2014, 2:33 PM
Dammit. I kinda want in on this, especially since I'm shocked that such a thing would ever happen. But my backlog is truly awful, and I've sworn off buying new kits...

Zeta-G
May 7, 2014, 3:04 PM
Do it; it's only like 12 bucks before shipping, and it looks simple enough to build rather quickly (after any modifications and/or paint of course). It'll be fun. I have mine ordered already.

Sazabee
May 7, 2014, 3:20 PM
I'd definitely be down with this.

Given that it's starting July means that it's after my Regional GBWC! Giving me enough time to participate and focus on this.

Though now I'm going to look for this kit from other outlets ._.

pinski1015
May 7, 2014, 3:26 PM
I'd be down. It'd be my first attempt at painting and battle damage. I like how the description on HLJ says it's from a Game not the movie

Zeon's RedComet
May 7, 2014, 4:31 PM
I might join this been looking to geting into building for awhile, and since the kit's only $11, why not?

Dunno if I'll get mine right on the first, but I'll have it arround/shortly after the 28th and I'd likely have it cranked out by Halloween for sure. That said I actually don't mind the design that much it looked meh in the movie, but the Anime styled Line Art and the hit aren't that bad looking. Dunno if I'll attempt any customization on it or not.

Zeta-G
May 7, 2014, 4:39 PM
@ZRC: That's awesome; I'm glad you decided to join us, man! Import a black and/or grey panel lining marker while you're at it. It can really make a difference in the final product. As a heads up, the sooner you order, the better. Bandai only prints the G-Saviour like twice a year.

As an aside, I wonder if anyone will do a Build Fighters version?

Zeon's RedComet
May 7, 2014, 4:46 PM
If I had the skills I'd try it actually the BF Color scheme was one of the first things I was thinking of when I got the PM, figured someone would try it.

Dlinker
May 7, 2014, 8:27 PM
I'm in. The only other kit I'm working on after the GM Sniper II and the Crossbone is my G-Bouncer, but that can wait since it only needs a prime/paint job. Thinking of doing a desert camo scheme with this guy, along with any modifications that may come to mind.

Bossguy
May 7, 2014, 9:34 PM
If I order anything from HLJ, I'm totally in. Are OOBs frowned upon?

Zeta-G
May 7, 2014, 9:54 PM
Not by me, although personally I'll probably put some paint on mine. If nothing else it'll provide a good basis for comparison with the customized kits. ;)

Bossguy
May 7, 2014, 10:15 PM
Yeah. I'll probably just paint in some details. Seriously, what an unexpected group build. I don't think anybody saw this coming, haha.

Plamobot
May 7, 2014, 10:28 PM
BAH! You guys suck.

I'm in.

Squee
May 7, 2014, 10:44 PM
Hmm, i have a gsavior that i built when it first came out. I need to find it, its just snapped together now. I always wanted to attempt the box art look on it.

Kenico
May 7, 2014, 11:19 PM
Zeta-G forget about what I said in our pm im in as soon as I get some ready cash on hand lol

Zeta-G
May 8, 2014, 1:56 AM
I didn't forget anything, Kenico. I simply got enough yes votes to determine that there would be interest in such a build long before you replied to me, so I went ahead and started the thread. Honestly, I was kind of shocked how fast some people replied. But by all means, join the fun whenever you want, even if it's a month or two later than everyone else. It didn't stop anyone with the Kämpfer Amazing group build.

edit: oops I misread kenico's post. He said to forget about his PM. I thought he had said that I had forgot about his PM. My bad.

- - - Updated - - -

BAH! You guys suck.

I'm in.

Missed the last part of this comment the first time around. Glad to see that you're on board, Plamobot!
Will yours have a Turn A 'stache by any chance? :D

Squee
May 8, 2014, 2:35 AM
Found old pics of my kit. For anyone who wants to get rid of the seams, heres a great way to do that torso.

http://i39.tinypic.com/51vxg6.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/1zcmt5t.jpg

LOL i forgot about those shiny stickers!

Zeta-G
May 8, 2014, 2:39 AM
I'm glad that I've already got some Tamiya Bronze. Also what exactly did you do to it? I can see that you broke it, but not much else. Are you possibly making a joke? It's late, and my sarcasm detectors are starting to break down. :(

Zaku
May 8, 2014, 2:44 AM
Thats a good idea. It looks like you cut the peg holes down so you can glue the chest together then glue down the core to it. That sounds like a damn good way to get rid of the seams but frighteningly permanent.

Zeta-G
May 8, 2014, 2:53 AM
I'm seriously not seeing anything but the broken peg holes. Can you please take a pic with a flashlight lighting up the cavity or something?

Squee
May 8, 2014, 4:16 AM
Zaku explained it. You actually don't have to glue it down later, iirc, the pieces snapped together pretty nicely. You just need to cut away the female pegs so that there is just enough clearance to hold it. It's a pretty basic technique.

Although if you're gonna glue to remove a seam, whats the problem with glueing the torso together? What's wrong with permanent? Theres no internal frame.

Zaku
May 8, 2014, 4:30 AM
Well i guess if the vents are just molded in place then it can be permanent. But because my painting skills suck i have to rely heavily on being able to spray paint anything with larger areas because i cant get paint to look smooth to save my life when i hand paint larger surfaces. And painters tape only does so much.

Plamobot
May 8, 2014, 8:20 AM
Glad to see that you're on board, Plamobot!
Will yours have a Turn A 'stache by any chance? :D
It might. My Robot Spirits Turn A did inexplicably come with a spare...

...but I don't know if anyone could handle the sheer manliness of a 'stached G-Saviour. One Ron Swanson Gundam is enough.

Zeta-G
May 8, 2014, 11:09 AM
I could. Plus it would be funny. But in all seriousness, 'stache or no 'stache I look forward to seeing what you do with your G-Saviour now that you've come on board (even if it was against your will). ;)

Plamobot
May 8, 2014, 11:20 AM
I have a feeling mine will turn out much like Bossguy's (we both hate stickers), but I'm starting to think up some other ideas.

Kenico
May 8, 2014, 11:45 AM
My idea is the following once i get that sucker...

Biceps and Thighs: THIS IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM I HAD WITH THE G-SAVIOR...NO ARMOR ON THE SAID PARTS OF THE LIMBS! I mean yeah youre trying to show that tech has sort of regressed and this is a way of reducing weight but come on, even in the game they had armor on the suit! so my first order of business is swap out the biceps with something else.

Front Skirt: This thing is a considerable eyesore and is stupid considering what i have in store. So that will be swapped out with something more streamlined.

Side Skirts: WAY Too bulky so those are going to be removed and instead some smaller skirts will be installed. HOWEVER, i actually like these thrusters, just not where they currently are. Therefore i, if i can, shall put them somewhere else on the suit.

Back Pack: Thought its supposed to be reminicent of the F-91, The backpack is just WAY took bulky for my tastes and im going to perform considerable surgery there as well.

So far these are the current plans i have for my G-Savior. however I have no idea what other kit is compatible with the G-Savior. If there is anybody who can tell me i would be grateful. Thanks!

Zeta-G
May 8, 2014, 11:50 AM
It's somewhere between 18 and 19 meters, so scalewise most Gundams would work. In terms of the kit itself, it's from 2000 or so I think, so kits of that era might be compatible.

Kenico
May 8, 2014, 12:10 PM
Any that you can think of off the top of your head?

futabaaoi
May 8, 2014, 12:15 PM
I'll get in on this one, sounds fun.

Kenico
May 8, 2014, 12:18 PM
Yes it will be...I am looking forward to giving this poor suit the desperate attention it needs! lol

Zeta-G
May 8, 2014, 12:37 PM
Any that you can think of off the top of your head?
Yes. I've read/watched a lot of G-Saviour related stuff lately.

Kenico
May 8, 2014, 1:47 PM
no what i mean is do you know any kits off the top of your head that are compatible with the G-Savior?

Zeta-G
May 8, 2014, 2:01 PM
I don't have the kit in my hands yet, so I can't say for sure, but my guess is EW kits, SEED kits, and maybe some of G-Saviour's contemporary HGs. Ask Squee. He has one in hand, so he should be able to tell you with more certainty.

- - - Updated - - -

On a related note, my planned look for my G-Saviour doesn't look like it will work out, since no one seems to know how to do the effect that I wanted to use. So it'll be a stock build with minor paint applications for me, unless someone figures out how to do the effect and tells me about it before the build.

Bossguy
May 8, 2014, 2:03 PM
Dang, that would have been so cool! :(

At least I won't be alone in the OOB department, though, haha.

Zeta-G
May 9, 2014, 3:02 AM
I thought so, especially given how it looks in the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, assuming I can actually find the paint set, I might be able to do my plan after all, thanks to thwalker. :)
now I just need to find a place that still sells it...

- - - Updated - - -

So, strictly out of curiosity, is anyone thinking about basing their G-Saviour off of the concept art (viewable on Gundam Wiki) or modding theirs into the G2-Saviour or G3-Saviour?

thwalker13
May 9, 2014, 7:50 AM
I just Googled those on Gundam Wiki. I think the G2 looks the best IMO. Would be a really good build. Wonder how many of the AGE parts I have laying around would fit on it. haha

I had thoughts of kitbashing it with a HG GN-X.

Chaser90EK
May 9, 2014, 8:37 AM
I have terrible taste in movies, and therefore loved this one. Unfortunately I'm going to have to tag out of this one. I have at least 15 kits back-up'd right now. Once I get to summer where I only work 4 days a week and minimum hours I will join you guys in these group builds.

Dlinker
May 9, 2014, 10:38 AM
No clue what mods and physical changes I'll do on mine. I was thinking of somehow kit-bashing it with an un-built HGCE Duel Gundam I still have lying around here.

Zeta-G
May 9, 2014, 11:00 AM
That could prove interesting, Dlinker.

@chaser: we won't actually start building these until July 1st. We're waiting on the next printing of the kit which is in June; if you want to order one, so you have it on hand by summer, just follow the link in the first post of the thread.

Baufrin
May 11, 2014, 9:07 AM
This is tempting I do have some customize parts from the customize campaign... the D set has a couple of parts that will let you add 4 extra arms to a model (depending on size and fit of the arms)... 6 arms might balance out those huge shoulder guards.

Plamobot
May 11, 2014, 12:31 PM
A six-armed G-Saviour?! That's ridiculous! I love it. Might as well call it the 6-Saviour. :)

Zeta-G
May 11, 2014, 12:50 PM
The question is will the customize parts even work with a high grade as old as G-Saviour.

Plamobot
May 11, 2014, 1:27 PM
Make them work. Thats why it's called customizing. :D

Zeon's RedComet
May 11, 2014, 1:42 PM
The question is will the customize parts even work with a high grade as old as G-Saviour.

I was wondering that as well because I was considering geting one (Or two, the Amazing Booster and then the Weapons of the Kampfer Amazing, mainly for that sniper, because Sniper Artillery G-Savior=Deadlist thing eveR) of the Build Custom packs for it to make it stand out.

Zeta-G
May 11, 2014, 1:57 PM
I wouldn't worry about the build fighters stuff, as it tends to be pretty versatile, even for attaching the backpacks, but the joints included with the bonus customize parts sets that Bandai is giving away are a bit more specific in terms of what they will work with out of the box. By all means though, if you want to saw and/or glue away to make it work, have at it. :)

Zeon's RedComet
May 11, 2014, 2:01 PM
I've had to Jimmy rig a Car Model or two in my time, shouldn't be to bad...in theory.

Kenico
May 12, 2014, 3:44 AM
Well guys i know what im going to do with it...for those who dont know lol...im intending of combining the G-Saviour with the Strike Freedom Gundam...

Pretty much ill be taking parts of the arms*, rail cannon mechanisms, (Possibly) the main hip assembly, the front Skirt armor (ive always hated the front skirt armor of the G-Saviour), and some of the weapons...This is of course all subject to change should the need arise lol...

*honestly i dont know if i should use the SF's arms or keep the original G-Saviours Arms...what do you guys say?

Baufrin
May 12, 2014, 8:51 AM
And I have purchased my kit on ebay $15.00. I saw others for 70 bucks... no thanks.

Plamobot
May 12, 2014, 9:36 AM
Awesome! $70 is highway robbery.

thwalker13
May 12, 2014, 10:55 AM
@Kenico: I say try to keep the forearms of the G-Saviour, but use the upper arms of the SF. I always hated how the thighs and bicep areas of the G-Saviour looked "naked". Are you planning on using the Dragoons?

Kenico
May 12, 2014, 1:57 PM
I dont know. Ive always hated the Wing assembly of the Dragoons. They looked weird I think i will but the Wings will need some serious cosmetic surgery to use them...Ive always hated the Strike Freedom for a pethora of reasons. the main one being the adbomen cannon and the dragoon/voitier lumier system. it made no sense puting those powerful thrusters under the Dragoons when the Dragoons blocked them from being used. Which means its speed is dramatically reduced in atmosphere cause you cant take the Dragoons off! Now for the kit i may use them but like i said there will be some serious Cosmetic Changes to them lol.

So yeah ill keep the Forearms of the G-Saviour. I was tempted to use the SF's arms cause i can use both the G-Saviour and the SF's Sheilds (with some surgery mind you) on both arms. lol but yeah the Arms are pretty cool so i may use them lol.

thwalker13
May 12, 2014, 2:29 PM
Sounds like a good plan. Ironically you and I both share the common dislikes of the Strike Freedom.

Kenico
May 12, 2014, 2:43 PM
Great! all i need to do now is sell off some stuff and ill be able to get those two kits! lol another thing. Though i do like the idea of putting the guns on the hips. i never liked the SF's Guns personally. and since i could put the G-Saviours Guns on the legs, putting them on the hips is un-needed. So what i need to do is come up with some way of putting in some makeshift hip armor to go on them instead. It wont compromise the swivel mechanism but it wont expose the side of the leg either lol. In other words once im done ill have a lot of parts for sale lol

Baufrin
May 15, 2014, 10:44 AM
have you guys check out the gundam wiki entry on this MS ( http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/G-Saviour_Space_Mode ). there are other modes that might be more interesting to build based on. The instruction booklet ( http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10014647 ) also shows I think bandai would have been able to make the other modes with just some different accessories.

Dlinker
May 15, 2014, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I saw those different modes and thought about trying to build one of them, but it all depends on the kit itself. I usually don't get solid ideas until I have the kit built already, haha.

Zeta-G
May 15, 2014, 12:17 PM
I actually asked people about this earlier in the thread. Someone said they'd be interested in the G-2.

Baufrin
May 15, 2014, 12:53 PM
Just received the kit today in the mail. So yeah I am now really down like 4 flats on a dump truck. Now I just have to resist the urge to break in to the bags and start.

And here is the ebay kit...

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/just%20got/gsavspacembox.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/just%20got/gsavspacembox.jpg.html)

and runners

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/just%20got/gsavspacemrunners.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/just%20got/gsavspacemrunners.jpg.html)

Kenico
May 15, 2014, 12:53 PM
I would totally want to do that! but ive already got what i have in mind down pat so thats for another time ;)

Zeta-G
May 19, 2014, 1:21 AM
I can't wait for this group build to start. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Hopefully mine will turn out good as well. I am genuinely looking forward to receiving my G-Saviour from HLJ, once their restock arrives. Outside of maybe one or two of the P-Bandai kits that I have on preorder, it is the Gunpla project that I'm looking forward to the most. I never would have thought that I would feel this way about this particular project, but I find myself really wanting to make my G-Saviour into something that deserves a place of prominence on my shelf, in spite of its generally less-than-favorable reputation.

Dlinker
May 19, 2014, 12:15 PM
I've been looking at the manuals online for the kit in an effort to see if my planned mods are doable. So far, it looks like they are. Basically, I want to replace the two areas that bug me the most: The bare frame biceps and thighs. I think I should be able to replace them with the biceps/thighs from the HGCE Duel Gundam or somehow get armor on them so they're not bare.

Maybe I should start de-nubbing the Duel already so I'm all prepared come June.

Kenico
May 30, 2014, 2:52 PM
Hey Guys im at a dilemma, im having second thoughts with Strike Freedom being used with the G-Saviour Kitbash im doing.

What do you guys think would work for it?

the Slaughter Dagger

the Original Justice

or something else?

Plamobot
May 30, 2014, 2:53 PM
Slaughter Dagger sounds interesting.

Kenico
May 31, 2014, 12:09 AM
Anyone else? lol

Dlinker
May 31, 2014, 12:43 AM
Hmmm, I'll go with the original Justice since it has somewhat similar curves and angles.

Kenico
May 31, 2014, 7:33 AM
Question Fellas, Whats your take on the G Xiphos, more specifically, is its ball jointed backpack deal articulate...doesnt have to be fully but can it move?

- - - Updated - - -

Scratch What i asked about the G Xiphos...I need to know which would work for the G Saviour. More than likely ill have to do surgery. I didnt want to do it but its now getting to have to come to that. so now im leveled OFFFICIALLY LOL fixated on the Following Three Kits

Justice Gundam

Gundam GP01

Gundam GP01Fb Full Bernen.

Honestly i want to get the Justice so i can have the beam sabers on the hips, However, the backpack of the either of the last two would make this a little more unique...i mean basically thats what really attracted me to those two kits.

What do you guys think?

Plamobot
May 31, 2014, 11:39 AM
GP01 FB! No question!

Kenico
May 31, 2014, 11:47 AM
I guess that the GP01 FB will do...unless anyone else has some ideas.

BTW what are you guys gonna do to your kits? lol

Plamobot
May 31, 2014, 12:12 PM
I haven't decided yet. :(

thwalker13
May 31, 2014, 1:29 PM
If I didn't have so much back log to build through (yes, I know mine is nothing compared to yours Plamobot) I was thinking of doing a kit bash with a HG GN-X.

Kenico
May 31, 2014, 2:56 PM
O_O...Do it!!!!

Dlinker
May 31, 2014, 5:38 PM
I'm still planning on kitbashing mine with the HGCE Duel, though not by much. Just the biceps and thighs, provided they're compatible enough without excessive modding. Might make a monstrosity with their weapons too.

Bossguy
May 31, 2014, 8:00 PM
Thwalker13: You mean like that super cool looking kit done by a Japanese modeler? That'll look really cool.

Dlinker: A fully loaded G-Saviour will be unique. Guns, guns, and more guns.

Dlinker
May 31, 2014, 10:21 PM
I'm thinking of just kitbashing their rifles together, haha. But that little gun on the Duel's shoulder... maybe I can just cram that in with the kitbashed rifle too. Poor Duel won't have anything noteworthy left.

Squee
May 31, 2014, 11:20 PM
Can this start already? Do we really need another month to wait?

Bossguy
May 31, 2014, 11:33 PM
I'm thinking of just kitbashing their rifles together, haha. But that little gun on the Duel's shoulder... maybe I can just cram that in with the kitbashed rifle too. Poor Duel won't have anything noteworthy left.

The poor stripped Duel will be the laughingstock of the Z.A.F.T. gang, haha. Sounds like you have a plan.

Can this start already? Do we really need another month to wait?

I would ask Zeta-G, since he started this group build.

Squee
May 31, 2014, 11:40 PM
Once the group build is out there, it should be up to the forum, not one person imo. Or at least the staff. thwalker, you want to chime in? An admin should probably control gb's.

Kenico
May 31, 2014, 11:49 PM
Actually i think Zeta-G Said you could start at anytime...I think

Dlinker
June 1, 2014, 1:59 AM
Since this is the first time we're encountering this, maybe it's good to start a group build if at least one participant has the kit in possession already? That way there's already someone keeping the thread active and these early participants won't have their interest dulled by waiting too long. Just a suggestion.

In this case, we have at least two members who already have it.

Kenico
June 1, 2014, 2:11 AM
Ive bought it but it wont be in till probably tommorrow (Monday) hopefully lol. not only that but ive also bought the GP01Fb but i probably wont get both of them till next week starting monday lol.

Squee
June 1, 2014, 2:26 AM
Definitely Dlinker! I asked cause if i don't start this after i finish my MG X this week, i will probably lose interest and move onto something else. XD

thwalker13
June 1, 2014, 9:33 AM
Since a lot of you guys already have the kit, I really don't see any reason why not to get this started. If anything, the potential end date could remain the same. So you'll have an entire additional month to complete the project.

I think a majority vote is really what is needed. I'll make a list of the participants below, and those people can chime in on what they want to do.

Squee - Start
Dlinker - Start
Kenico - Start
Bossguy -
Zeta-G -
Baufrin - Start
Plamobot - Start
futabaaoi - Start
Sazabee -
pinski1015 -
ZRC -

Plamobot
June 1, 2014, 12:01 PM
If people want to start, go right ahead. I'm still waiting on the HLJ restock.

Kenico
June 1, 2014, 12:06 PM
As stated ive already purchased them...im just waiting on them to get here :p

futabaaoi
June 1, 2014, 12:27 PM
I'm also waiting for the hlj restock, but I do not mind if those that have do start.

Dlinker
June 1, 2014, 12:38 PM
I'm all for starting it now. Anyone who already has the kit, they should get crackin' on it. The rest of us will follow suit soon, haha.

thwalker13
June 1, 2014, 4:08 PM
Updated my list with those who have voiced their opinions. I'd put Squee down for starting now, but I don't want to put words in his mouth.

Squee
June 1, 2014, 4:16 PM
Yup, i'll go look for the kit in my attic today, and will start on it this week.

Baufrin
June 1, 2014, 5:42 PM
LOL Start. I have been itching to play with my customize parts. since it looks like the majority have voted to start i have debagged my parts and put them in the dishwasher with 6 other regular kits and 2 small kits.

thwalker13
June 1, 2014, 5:51 PM
Well that is a majority. Right there. So, it would seem that if you all want to kick this thing off. Then today 6/1/2014, will be the official start date of the G-Saviour Group Build.

Let the building begin!

Bossguy
June 1, 2014, 7:36 PM
Awesome. I can't wait to see what everybody does! I don't think I can join this one, though, like last time.

Kenico
June 1, 2014, 8:10 PM
Aw crap i just noticed something on a bare version of the kit (as in someone stripped the armor stuff off)...PLEASE tell me that the side skirt polycaps are round cause the ones im looking at look square...when someone gets ahold of this kit PLEASE tell me!

Plamobot
June 1, 2014, 8:31 PM
Based on the manual (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10014647z3/70/4), they look square with a rounded back.

Kenico
June 1, 2014, 8:46 PM
Ok so that means that i can still put side skirts with a round Peg in?

Bossguy
June 1, 2014, 8:51 PM
Yes. It's just like any other HG kit.

Kenico
June 1, 2014, 9:13 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*Sinks into his chair*

Ha ha! Glad i dodged that Bullet! Thanks guys!

Plamobot
June 1, 2014, 9:22 PM
Even if you couldn't, I'm sure you could cram a different polycap in there. Even the older HGs are ripe for customization. :)

Dlinker
June 2, 2014, 12:21 AM
Already got the biceps and thighs from the HGCE Duel cut from the runners. Something tells me the G-Saviour's thighs/biceps are longer, though, but I'll wait and see when mine comes in. If they are longer, then this will be the first time I'm going to be extending limbs.

Zeta-G
June 2, 2014, 1:30 AM
Go ahead, I only set the time to what I did so it would line up with HLJ's restock, since all of the other Gunpla retailers that I checked (not counting second hand sites like eBay) had it marked as out of stock, discontinued, or didn't carry it.

Kenico
June 2, 2014, 1:35 AM
Btw i too am a bit worried that the Bicepts and Thighs of the G-Saviour are a tad longer than usual. Whats more i realized that the Arms of the Fb that i have, have a set up where the arms are designed with a plug and not a slot (unlike the G-saviour which has a plug and the arm goes on that.)whats more i fear i may have to do more surgery than what i expect...a LOAD OF SURGERY...so wish me luck on my end lol

Zeta-G
June 2, 2014, 1:37 AM
If you're still taking suggestions, Kenico, I say use parts from both Justice and GP01. You could have the custom GP01-Saviour riding on the Justice's backpack Hobgoblin style. :)

Kenico
June 2, 2014, 2:29 PM
Kick...I may get the Justice later on as an upgrade kit. but for now ill just use the Fb as the start...but its going to be some serious surgery for this guy...and if all else fails...I got Pla plate...lol

- - - Updated - - -

WEll boys I got a WTF today...My G-Saviour Came EARLY!!! :) Now all I need to do is wait on the GP01Fb and ill get to work...best part: after seeing the back, I discovered that the pegs on the back are vertical than horizontal. what does that mean? I don't have to do a lot of surgery!!!!

thwalker13
June 2, 2014, 2:34 PM
Some great news there man!

Kenico
June 2, 2014, 2:38 PM
Thank you! btw guys after looking at the thighs. I think for a gundam they are a little too large. so if youre thinking of changing them out go right ahead. lol I think it will be an improvement. as for the biceps I think that will be a bigger challenge...hopefully I may be able to do as minor of surgery as possible lol

Dlinker
June 2, 2014, 3:20 PM
Oh man, it's starting to look like I'll need to extend the transplanted Duel limbs then. Darn it, HLJ, get your stock in already, haha.

Kenico
June 2, 2014, 8:19 PM
Dont get the Duel. With some surgery, the Biceps of the Raphael Gundam Does quiet well. Not only that but the CGUE Thighs do well too...just a thought lol. but honestly GET THE DUELS LEGS!!! LOL

Baufrin
June 3, 2014, 12:43 AM
Well I stared to monkey around a bit. I am thinking for the extra limbs of sacking Aegis to add 4 limbs. I might be able to go with a few more appendages. We will see.

Dlinker
June 3, 2014, 10:58 AM
@Kenico, I'm only getting the thighs of the Duel since I like the original legs already (at least from the knees and below).

Looking at some pics of the kit again, I think some major limb extension will be needed. And a shortening of those front skirts too.

Baufrin
June 5, 2014, 7:18 PM
This thread needs some pictures. So here is what I have done so far on the build G-saviour group build. a lot of nub removal. Hand filed some pieces to make adapters to make the skull weapon build booster backpack work on this. Original plan was to use adapters from the customize campaign to use 4 extra arms not happening with out a major over haul and joint rebuild. With the skull weapon pack it gives me some options I could punk out and just cap it off with the included clamp hand or stick to my plan closer and go with the limbs from Aegis. going to build the rest here soon and see how things work out with the Aegis limbs added to this. I may also go with adding the crossbone thrusters to this build to keep it a high mobility suit. A word of warning there are a lot of nubs to be removed on the skull weapon booster arms.
http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/th_101_1370.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/101_1370.jpg.html)http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/th_101_1371.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/101_1371.jpg.html)http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/th_101_1372.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/101_1372.jpg.html)http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/th_101_1374.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/101_1374.jpg.html)http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/th_101_1375.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/101_1375.jpg.html)http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/th_101_1376.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/101_1376.jpg.html)

Bossguy
June 5, 2014, 7:23 PM
Whoa, now that's different! They kind of look like cannons.

Zeta-G
June 5, 2014, 10:26 PM
With this as the first glimpse of what people are going to be doing to customize their G-Saviours, I think this group build is going to turn out to be better than I originally anticipated. I can't wait to see more. :)

Kenico
June 5, 2014, 11:05 PM
As soon as my Fb comes in guys ill show you what ive got working on...right now im using parts i currently have to see what im trying to work with...Also as stated in one other posts. Toilet paper does wonders to stiffen joints lol

Baufrin
June 6, 2014, 9:32 PM
a couple of more pics this is not final but I was thinking about going asymmetrical with the shoulders. Going with the booms for the crossbone.
http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/th_101_1378.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/101_1378.jpg.html)http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/th_101_1380.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/101_1380.jpg.html)

Bossguy
June 6, 2014, 9:53 PM
That looks great. I like how you used parts with a blockier aesthetic. It makes it look much better. Seeing the two shoulders together reminds of the Qan[t]. I'm not sure if the CB's thrusters work, though. They look a little skinny.

Zeta-G
June 6, 2014, 10:16 PM
It's probably because the Crossbone is a much smaller unit than the G-Saviour. The upper body still looks good so far though.

Baufrin
June 7, 2014, 7:48 AM
@ Bossguy and Zeta-G I was a bit worried about the booms being small, but I like how it is at the moment. Thanks for the compliments on the blocky parts I wanted a touch of retro on this kit. I might make the side skirts into missile launchers.

Kenico
June 10, 2014, 12:06 PM
My GP01Fb came in yesterday!

And i found something rather cool about it.

1 after removing a second nub on the bottom, the Fb's back pack fits rather nice on it. wont stay on (unless you either glue or add some toilet paper on it...ill probably do the former after painting...) but its good

2 the Fb's lower section (wasit legs and feet) look awesome on this suit! I kinda dig the ridiculously large feet on this guy. its silly but at least its unique lol. ill show you guys a pic when i can lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Heres the image of the G-Saviour im working on. like i said before im going with the Fb's legs and waist cause it looks a hell of alot better

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/ekjones19/media/407_zps7743cd17.jpg.html

Heres a close up of it...

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/ekjones19/media/409_zps0ae69ad9.jpg.html

Now heres the G-Saviour (along with another close up :p) this time with the Fb's Forearms. what do you think?

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/ekjones19/media/410_zps924341fe.jpg.html
http://s945.photobucket.com/user/ekjones19/media/411_zps54dc98ec.jpg.html

Now heres one more for now that i just recently did...after some surgery i think this is a hell of alot better than the previous pics...youll know what i mean when you see it lol

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/ekjones19/media/412_zpsd9be7ea2.jpg.html

Plamobot
June 10, 2014, 12:08 PM
Images aren't loading for me...argh!

Kenico
June 10, 2014, 12:10 PM
hold on a minute! I may have to just post the links

- - - Updated - - -

ok, edited it so you can go to the links. not what i had in mind but theyre most definitly there lol

thwalker13
June 10, 2014, 12:22 PM
The surgery you did in the last image looks way better IMO. As for the forearms, I actually like the look that the original G-Saviour forearms gives the suit. The added bulk kinda offsets the legs a bit and makes it rather uniform. If that makes any sense.

And I'm liking the way that the legs are looking, you were right. The over sized feet look really good on it.

Kenico
June 10, 2014, 12:27 PM
:) So which will it be fellas? the G-Saviours or the Fbs Forearms? the reason why im looking more towards the Fbs fore arms is because i can mount that bigass shield (I CLEARLY UNDERESTIMATED HOW BIG THIS THING IS AND HONESTLY IT LOOKS GREAT.) on the arm...it can go on the G-saviours arm as well (but id have to fashion out a peg for it lol) but its tedious. well? and thanks. and after seeing the Fbs gun im thinking of going with that over the original gun...either that or mix the two up lol

thwalker13
June 10, 2014, 12:55 PM
I vote for the G-Saviours forearms cause I think they look a bit better. And depending on how the shield is made, along with the forearm. You might be able to get away with just using a piece of spare runner to attach it.

Kenico
June 10, 2014, 1:31 PM
Ill have a look guys...ill post a pic once a get it fixed

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, here are some pics of it now with those biceps but with the G-Saviour's Arms...sorry i can only do links for some reason it wont do full photos...

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/ekjones19/media/Gundam002_zpsd2b7c6dc.jpg.html

Heres a close up

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/ekjones19/media/Gundam001_zpsce61f79b.jpg.html

Heres something for fun and comparison size. Its right next to a kit that me and my brother bashed together from the Shining Gundam, Strike Gundam (old version), and the OO i had long ago. I dont know what to call him but for that Gunpla Story me and my brother would say he was what we called "Loftwing"'s brother. (Dont think i have forgotten about that kit ill show you guys that when i get it up :p)

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/ekjones19/media/Gundam003_zps9573a502.jpg.html

Now comes something i need to know. On the left is a beam saber i have absoulutely no idea where i got it but it looked cool so i keep it on the right is the Fb's original dull beam saber from the olden days. Im thinking of taking the left one, removing the white blade and grafting a modern beam saber onto the handel for a longer more effectve beam sword. Should i do that or go with the one on the left?

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/ekjones19/media/Gundam004_zpsef25a2bb.jpg.html

thwalker13
June 10, 2014, 2:53 PM
Yeah... That's what I'm talking about. Me likey.

And are you using the IMG link on Photobucket?

Dlinker
June 10, 2014, 3:00 PM
Yeah, original forearms look way better with those biceps.

Regarding the beam saber, the one on the left looks fine as is.

Kenico
June 10, 2014, 3:51 PM
No i mean should i use that or use the Fb's and do some surgery to it?

and yes @thwalker i img Link on Photobucket. why is there a problem with systems lol

thwalker13
June 10, 2014, 4:04 PM
I think the one on the left will work just fine. It'd be less work you'd have to do, and it's already a pretty cool looking beam saber.

And no, nothing wrong. Was just trying to figure out why the pictures are showing up like you want them to.

Kenico
June 10, 2014, 4:08 PM
heres something, when i tried to do it and not checking on the box it said Invalid url

when i selected to copy image and then tried to put it in the boxes or anywhere on the site it wouldnt let me.

thwalker13
June 10, 2014, 4:27 PM
What I normally do, is I click on the IMG link box in Photobucket. This should instantly copy the link to the clipboard. After that I just paste it into the text field where I'm making my post. I don't use "Insert Image" or none of that.

Bossguy
June 10, 2014, 4:31 PM
It looks so much better. Those legs and front skirts solve pretty much every issue regarding proportion.

Kenico
June 10, 2014, 4:50 PM
Wait until i get the backpack on its gonna be beast! lol...but before that i got to do a little pannel lining and what not. basically im going to leave the paint job alone. the Reds on the Feet and chest are perfect offsets to the white and dark blue so pretty much all i got to do is pannel line, glue and what not...plus some extra surgery and it will almost be done. wish me luck

Also if you dont mind ill post a pic of Loftwing as a comparison so you guys can see the fruit of me and Ghost Labors lol

Baufrin
June 10, 2014, 8:58 PM
wow Kenico Now I feel like I haven't done enough on my kit. Need to find or get some green stuff' to sculpt the thighs and biceps.

Kenico
June 10, 2014, 9:37 PM
Hard to believe that i did this all in the span of 2 days fellas...and now, i show you me semi completed Suit. the G-Saviour, Kenico Custom!

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/ekjones19/media/554_zps0f38d290.jpg.html

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/ekjones19/media/556_zpsb5d909b4.jpg.html

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/ekjones19/media/555_zpsc63b059b.jpg.html

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/ekjones19/media/557_zps1adb8ea9.jpg.html

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/ekjones19/media/559_zpsb5c246f0.jpg.html

The next is a height comparison and also the unveiling of Loftwing. Be gentle on him guys hes not yet done only in design.

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/ekjones19/media/558_zps856109ce.jpg.html

So...What do you guys think?

Zeta-G
June 10, 2014, 10:31 PM
The GP01 legs look fantastic on the G-Saviour, the GP01 arms not so much. Although, personally, I'm not a fan of the short GP01 front skirts that you used. The hybrid arms you eventually went with look good though. Finally, I absolutely love the GP01 backpack on the G-Saviour.

Kenico
June 10, 2014, 11:15 PM
Well the skirts honestly were all i could get. As for the rest of it, thanks for the compliments lol. Im still working on panel lining the backpack then i got to finish up the weapons and then its completed lol.

thwalker13
June 11, 2014, 7:39 AM
You custom take on the G-Saviour looks awesome man. A very well done and worthy upgrade. I have to ask though, what made you remove the fins from the G-Saviour?

Kenico
June 11, 2014, 10:01 PM
No offense to the Fins, seeing they are an inspiration to the F91, but they rigging on each side of the fins made it look bulky and cumbersome. I wanted something more streamlined in the design of the G-Saviour. And not to mention guys i still need to work on the weapons so thats gonna take a while lol.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and one more thing guys. yes i did make it look like a messy panel lining job on purpose. its not so weathered but it looks like the paints starting to fade lol. i do it with all of my panel lined kits lol

Baufrin
June 12, 2014, 5:13 PM
Okay managed to pick up some green stuff http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/Tools/th_101_1383.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/Tools/101_1383.jpg.html)
This is what I did with it so far. http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/th_101_1382.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/101_1382.jpg.html) I haven't touched green stuff in a while so doing this one leg first to see how it goes. If I like the results then the other leg and biceps will also get sculpted.

outamyhead
June 12, 2014, 5:26 PM
I haven't used the green stuff for anything larger than covering slot gaps, or correcting molding issues, I look forward to see how you sculpt this stuff once it dries a little, I still have what is basically two full strips of the stuff from over ten years ago, still good too.

Kenico
June 14, 2014, 2:01 AM
Alright Guys! I finally got most of the body and Weapons finally done! All thats left now is the beam sabers and ill do that later on...but without further ado, let me show you the completed kit!

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/033_zps63b652ee.jpg.html
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/034_zps84464779.jpg.html
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/035_zps9094a94a.jpg.html
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/036_zps1625d3c5.jpg.html

Here are two Pictures of its Custom Beam rifle. What me and my brother did was that we took some spare parts from a murasame i had goin but sold it aside from the beam rifle, we grafted that onto the rifle, but not before butchering the Fb's rifle of its mag and barrel and then grafting that onto the G-Saviour's weapon. after all the grafting was done I then sanded it smooth (or almost smooth lol) and then we painted it gunmetal for the muzzel and trigger parts and the rest in dull gray. and yes before you ask, the damn trigger finger broke off so yeah lol.

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/040_zps5dc5c97b.jpg.html
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/047_zps147509dd.jpg.html

Here's the back of the shield. Originally i intended to panel line it but the black paint i had to color in some parts went runny and I said "F**K It" and painted it in and honestly it turned out better than expected. The gray piece of sprue you see is what i use to plug it into the G-Saviour's Arm. I also panel lined some of the parts lol.

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/048_zps88875a12.jpg.html
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/049_zpsbbb448b8.jpg.html

I took the Liberty of fixing up the backpack and panel lining the pods. I think they were a little stiff but here it is as if it were about to take off.

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/037_zpsfdf41c12.jpg.html

...And of course that iconic move that Kou pulled off in about 2 of the episodes of the Fb lol

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/043_zps061f536f.jpg.html

Here's G-Saviour aiming down the barrel. I tried a ground based Aile Strike Pose for this cause why not? lol

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/039_zpsb3c0fe65.jpg.html

Another pose, this time hes aiming for you lol

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/041_zps5e896a4b.jpg.html

Now here comes some pics that serve two purposes. 1, they serve as a warning and 2, they serve some helpful tips. the Warning is that the parts you plug the arms in are extremely brittle and mine broke off after all that damned hard work i put into it! The tip is if you put a metal pin in, its as good as new! Here are a couple of pics below. and the latter of which is a prelude to the beam saber lol

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/042_zps7b0a5540.jpg.html
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/044_zps80aeeb83.jpg.html

And now we have the G-Saviour with its beam saber. I havent painted it yet so as to give it a bluish beam so as to compliment the beam sheild (Spoiler!), but i couldnt help but show it off lol. there are two pics of the beam saber for your enjoyment.

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/045_zps7d9dc3a5.jpg.html
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/046_zpse66d65b3.jpg.html

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/050_zpseda54c63.jpg.html
G-Saviour (still havent got a Gunpla story name for him yet so for now ill call him G-Saviour lol): O My! It would appear i have no physical shield! Oh what ever should i do?! Looks like ill have to...
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/051_zps0308eeff.jpg.html
G-Saviour: USE MY BACKUP BEAM SHEILD!

lol that ones for Paladin and his cast from Gunpla Story :p

Finally heres everything that is part of the ensemble.

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/052_zpsd6641f58.jpg.html

So Guys, What do you think? Oh and i leave this post off with a final pick just for you guys and CONSENT...

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/038_zpse62cac05.jpg.html
G-Saviour: COME AT ME BRO!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to promote my own work but what do you guys think?

Baufrin
June 19, 2014, 7:02 PM
Small update the first leg is cured fully and the arms and other leg have green stuff set on them and curing. Still have a bit to work on with the first leg like scribing panel lines or deciding to go with a squared off or rounded shape to it. I have been busy with work and real life. Will post some pics on the progress later. @Kenico Get those weapons done would like to see where your kit winds up. @outamyhead It's been over a year since I last sculpted something with green stuff and that was a neck for a 40K space marine figure. Larger scale but smaller figure so easier to fudge things. to It will take a while so I won't be finishing up any time soon here and I am looking forward for more people to get in on this. And here are the pics...

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/th_101_1384.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/101_1384.jpg.html)http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/th_101_1385.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/101_1385.jpg.html)http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/th_101_1386.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/101_1386.jpg.html)http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/th_101_1387.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/101_1387.jpg.html)http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/baufrin/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/th_101_1389.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/baufrin/media/Gundam%20WIP/G-savior%20group%20build/101_1389.jpg.html)

and if you take a look at the second to last photo here is my dilemma I kind of want to keep the pistons on the rear of the MS showing but if i do a side calf split on this it would be more stable to cover them. I could go with a front split and that would work basically the way it is. I am trying to keep the mod reversible so if i decide to go back and make another mode I have that option with out getting a new kit. also I am going for an original build fighter Gundam from this. The aegis kit is where the 4 extra grasp-er limbs will come from for that Melee goodness I am wanting to mix in here. The 4 arms that were shown in earlier pictures are going to be the mount points for them.

Zeta-G
June 20, 2014, 1:27 AM
@Kenico: it looks great, man!

@Baufrin: I like the idea of using green stuff to mold the upper leg and upper arm armor from scratch. Nicely done, good sir.

Baufrin
June 20, 2014, 11:59 AM
@Zeta-G Thanks. Someday I might try working with pla-plate and or a combination of green stuff and pla-plate. I wanted to keep the organic feel of the lower legs so green stuff being good at curves and organic features was my first thought.

Kenico
June 20, 2014, 3:45 PM
you know what sucks guys...a few days after making those photos, my right arm permanently broke off ;.;...does anyone know what to do to fix it while keeping it articulated?

thwalker13
June 20, 2014, 3:56 PM
How exactly did it break?

Baufrin
June 20, 2014, 4:24 PM
How exactly did it break?

I think someone came at that Gundam.

So Guys, What do you think? Oh and i leave this post off with a final pick just for you guys and CONSENT...

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Eric_Jones/media/038_zpse62cac05.jpg.html
G-Saviour: COME AT ME BRO!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to promote my own work but what do you guys think?

I couldn't resist.

Dlinker
June 20, 2014, 5:02 PM
^ :lol: That was a good one. Sorry to hear about that, though, Kenico. Depending on the break, it might be an easy fix.

Kenico
June 20, 2014, 6:18 PM
LOL! Sadly no. I was busy with something testing the articulation and i used too much force and it snapped off...in other words by my own stupidity that the darn thing broke. i tried using a metal pin but that now has fallen out and i dont know what to do. any suggestions lol?

Baufrin
June 20, 2014, 6:24 PM
green stuff and that metal pin should hold together fine. if you can't get green/grey stuff then you could try putty or CA/superglue.

Kenico
June 20, 2014, 6:30 PM
Were do i get Green stuff?

Baufrin
June 21, 2014, 12:09 AM
here is an amazon link. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=green+stuff

Kenico
June 21, 2014, 1:37 AM
Gracious thanks to you my friend...now all i have to do is save up to get it lol

Zeta-G
June 24, 2014, 8:59 PM
Hopefully it works out for you, it would be a shame if that sweet G-Saviour of yours was permanently ruined because of such a simple mistake.

In other news, I'm still waiting for my G-Saviour. :( Hopefully HLJ will get their restock order in soon.

Plamobot
June 24, 2014, 9:04 PM
Same here. I've got a bad feeling that "July Restock" is in our future. :(

Zeta-G
June 24, 2014, 9:13 PM
Well Bandai had better hurry up with the restock. I only have so much time left before I start law school and it devours all of my free time; I'd like to have my G-Saviour finished before that happens.

Dlinker
June 25, 2014, 12:55 AM
Yeah, still waiting for mine too. Maybe I should use this waiting time to consider the color scheme already.

thwalker13
June 25, 2014, 7:36 AM
Grab some lineart and start painting.

Dlinker
June 25, 2014, 11:03 AM
I think I will. I'll post it up here once I got something solid.

futabaaoi
June 25, 2014, 11:27 AM
the G-Saviour is not living up to its name...

Baufrin
June 25, 2014, 12:28 PM
It is living up to it's rep.

Zeta-G
June 29, 2014, 4:36 PM
To be fair, the model is pretty ancient. In my experience, 1/144 HGs of that era are mostly junk with only a few exceptions.

- - - Updated - - -

And the HLJ restock is now listed as coming in July. Great. :(

Plamobot
June 29, 2014, 5:59 PM
Yeah, I might have to bow out at this rate. By the time it gets here, I may not have time to build it the way I want. :(

Zeta-G
June 29, 2014, 9:28 PM
It'll probably come out this Friday or next. Release date slips on HLJ usually aren't by much.

Squee
June 29, 2014, 9:55 PM
So i found mine... I don't think i'm gonna bother. It was slathered in putty to remove the seams, and i am pretty sure the chin piece is from another kit. lol Maybe after i finish the kit i'm currently working on. :/

Dlinker
June 29, 2014, 11:06 PM
That sucks, and it sucks that everyone else will take a while to get their kits in. I was hoping to work on this during my impending week off too...

Plamobot
June 30, 2014, 8:49 AM
At least the end date is a ways off, and it's flexible. We shall see.

Baufrin
June 30, 2014, 4:01 PM
I hope you guys stick it out. I is kind dull just building this unit with no one else.

Plamobot
June 30, 2014, 4:34 PM
I'll do my best! If it's not in by the end of July, I'll probably bail...but that's a long ways off. It'll give me some time to polish my painting skills in the meantime, I guess.

Dlinker
June 30, 2014, 5:07 PM
For sure I'm going to work on the kit and get it finished. I'll just be a somewhat late participant.

Zeta-G
June 30, 2014, 5:16 PM
I set the start date for this very reason, but some people got impatient and didn't want to wait for everyone else to get their kits. You can always take a break from working on yours and resume building it when the rest of us get ours in.

Baufrin
June 30, 2014, 11:01 PM
LOL yeah I was one of the gun jumpers. Well I learned my lesson. Wait for more people to have the kit in hand.

Squee
July 1, 2014, 12:18 AM
I think the real lesson should be from now on we should do a group build where we all know the actual official release date of a kit. Kind of why a bunch of us were up for the SD Zeong build. lol

Dlinker
July 1, 2014, 1:22 AM
^ Speaking of that, is the thread up for it? This is in case Gundam Planet sends mine earlier than expected.

It would suck if the G-Saviour and SD NZ came in at the same time...

Squee
July 1, 2014, 2:24 AM
No idea, but i'd probably drop my gbwc entry i've been working on to start that lol

Zeta-G
July 1, 2014, 2:30 AM
I think the real lesson should be from now on we should do a group build where we all know the actual official release date of a kit. Kind of why a bunch of us were up for the SD Zeong build. lol
We knew that the restock date for one of the biggest Gundam dealers for people outside of Japan was scheduled for June, but even the release dates for new kits slip from time to time (see Destiny Regenes for a recent example). Some people didn't want to wait for everyone else, so they jumped the start date (which was originally scheduled for July 1st).

Squee
July 1, 2014, 2:37 AM
Yea i was one of those people. I lost interest quickly. lol

My point still stands, going forward, this can be a lesson for future builds. We should only do kits that will have a guaranteed release date. We shouldn't hold possible group builds for months when another build can start and there is genuine interest.

A 6 month time frame for a HG kit is also pretty ridiculous. There are no major modifying members here really, it shouldn't take anyone longer than 3 months max to finish something this tiny. Even if you have a hectic work week.

Eh, this talk should go to the group build topic now that i think about it.

Plamobot
July 1, 2014, 9:16 AM
People got impatient to work on a Gundam kit?! You don't say! :D

I'm comfortable waiting. Got plenty to work on in the meantime. I'd love to do that SD NZ group build, but I can't buy any more new kits for a long time. Not just backlog...very low on money right now, and it'll stay that way for the next few months. (Auto maintenance, motor vehicle tax, insurance, multiple birthdays...) The joys of real life, eh?

Besides, we're forgetting something obvious here: I just shipped a massive order out of my HLJ private warehouse, so in keeping with tradition, that G-Saviour will be back in stock ASAP to stick it to me. ;)

Zeta-G
July 1, 2014, 3:37 PM
I'm just saying don't say the group build was poorly planned when the real issue is that some of the participants started a month or so early and are now disappointed that not everybody is able to participate yet. ;)

Plamobot
July 1, 2014, 3:47 PM
There's no such thing as a poorly planned group build. Unless, of course, it's centered around a kit that does not exist. :D

Dlinker
July 1, 2014, 4:12 PM
I'm just saying don't say the group build was poorly planned when the real issue is that some of the participants started a month or so early and are now disappointed that not everybody is able to participate yet. ;)

I saw it coming a mile a way and as such, it bothered me none, haha.

At least we still have participants still gearing up for it. That would be the real shame, if interest was lost completely.

Zeta-G
July 1, 2014, 11:45 PM
@Dlinker and Plamobot: my previous post was responding to Squee's post.

Dlinker
July 2, 2014, 1:43 AM
Yeah, and it was worth commenting on, haha.

Joe
July 6, 2014, 4:46 AM
http://bandai-hobby.net/site/schedule_images/nouhin.pdf

G-Saviour is listed for distribution on July 16th. I have 4 on order...

thwalker13
July 6, 2014, 11:45 AM
JOE! Welcome back man!

Plamobot
July 6, 2014, 12:28 PM
July 16th, eh? That'll do nicely. :)

futabaaoi
July 8, 2014, 10:30 AM
yeah, hopefully I can purchase the kit with no issues around that time.

Plamobot
July 16, 2014, 8:18 AM
Great news, everyone! The G-Saviour is officially In Stock at HLJ.

Which means I should be getting a payment request any time now... :D

thwalker13
July 16, 2014, 8:39 AM
Well it's about time. Maybe now we can get some updates up in here.

Plamobot
July 16, 2014, 9:26 AM
Mine will be boring for a while.

"Paid for my G-Saviour!"

"Waiting for my G-Saviour!"

"Still waiting..."

"Still waiting..."

;)

I've gotta go the SAL route, unfortunately. Money's tight right now. So once the thing's paid for, I should have it by mid-August, and I can get to work immediately.

Dlinker
July 16, 2014, 11:29 AM
Right on time, just as I'm getting close to finishing up the Crossbone. Still haven't worked on the color scheme yet, though...

Zeta-G
July 16, 2014, 3:52 PM
Glad to hear that it's back in stock, but I'm going to wait a few more days before I have them ship mine; there's another free HG weapon set promotion scheduled to begin on the 19th.

Plamobot
July 16, 2014, 3:56 PM
As promised...

"Paid for my G-Saviour!"

there's another free HG weapon set promotion scheduled to begin on the 19th.
Same weapon sets as before?

Zeta-G
July 16, 2014, 4:23 PM
They're different. There's going to be three this month and three next month.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/06/bandai-summer-2014-high-grade-model-kit.html?m=1

Plamobot
July 16, 2014, 4:59 PM
Neat! Guess I can wait a few more days to ship, too. :)

Dlinker
July 16, 2014, 5:01 PM
Kinda glad I paid EMS for mine. Should be here by next week at the latest and I can't wait to work on it. I forgot I still had the big gun from the Amazing Booster so I might use that as another weapon.

Baufrin
July 16, 2014, 11:12 PM
@Zeta-G thanks for that heads up. I have some items sitting in the warehouse so I will hold off to get those shipped.

Zeta-G
July 16, 2014, 11:29 PM
No problem. Personally, I hope I get set B or, failing that, set A. I might order a couple more high grades than I normally would, just so I can increase my chances of getting the part sets that I want. HLJ is usually pretty good about not doubling up unless they have to.

Plamobot
July 17, 2014, 8:42 AM
And we can always trade if necessary. :)

futabaaoi
July 17, 2014, 3:18 PM
Hopefully i'll be able to squeeze it in this week. Well if any extra money comes in from listings or etc.

Plamobot
July 21, 2014, 8:32 AM
For those of us waiting to ship until the 19th, HLJ has revealed their HG Customize Campaign info (http://www.hlj.com/hg_customize_campaign_2014_summer.html). You only get the weapon sets with selected HG kits...but the G-Saviour is on that list. ;)

(Only a few kinds of kits are excluded, the HG Gundam Thunderbolt series, HG 1/100 series, HG Build Gundam series, Premium Bandai exclusive kits, and Event/Show exclusive kits, by Bandai's request.)

- - - Updated - - -

Just submitted a shipment request to HLJ. I should have my kit by early next week at the latest. :D

Dlinker
July 21, 2014, 3:19 PM
Finally this kit is in my hands. Just showed up today at the office. I'm going to get started on it later in the week.

Plamobot
July 21, 2014, 3:46 PM
Excellent!

I may have to modify my customizing plans due to the weather, but since the base will be a OOB build anyway, it shouldn't set me back too far.

I hope. ;)

Dlinker
July 30, 2014, 3:29 PM
I don't have any pics yet, but I have been working on my kit for the past couple of days. I got everything off the runners, but I didn't de-nub anything yet. The reason being that I went straight for modding the thighs and biceps, along with preparing to weld the shins together. Here are some pics before I did anything, and how I cut the ankle joint connector to make welding said shins easier:

8258 8259 8260 8261

It doesn't help that I have a hard time sawing in a straight line so there's always sanding required after. For the shins and thighs, here's what I have planned for now:

1.) Cut off that peg from the HG Duel's shin and transplant it into the G-Saviour's shin, welding it to the area highlighted in the pic.
2.) Use the polycaps and knee joint piece from the Duel so the leg has a better bend, not to mention being able to use the Duel's armored thighs without issue.

Still playing around with the biceps so I'll post pics once I got something done. I think I'm able to transplant the Duel's biceps, but I'm not too sure just yet.

thwalker13
July 30, 2014, 4:19 PM
Some pretty decent mods man. Better articulation and armor is always a +!

Dlinker
July 30, 2014, 5:13 PM
Indeed! I originally considered using the Duel thighs as is and just extending, but what I'm thinking of doing now is just chop off the connecting joint on the original thighs and simply weld them on top of the Duel thighs. After some sanding, surface prep, and filling gaps, of course. That will keep the necessary length, keeps room for movement on the hips (the duel thighs were kinda thick on the hips), and doesn't take much away from the look since those joints are typically not armored anyway.

Very curious to see how that idea turns out.

Zeta-G
July 30, 2014, 5:15 PM
I like your plan, Dlinker. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Setsunason54
July 30, 2014, 5:26 PM
Hmm curious to see how that goes Dlinker. Verrryy curious.

Dlinker
July 30, 2014, 7:49 PM
The pics will come, I assure you all. Waiting for the welds to settle on the seams is holding me back. I find that I need to weld first, then saw off parts since the areas being removed don't have pegs connecting them together.

futabaaoi
August 3, 2014, 7:40 PM
i 'm still up for this. might be bit before I can get the chance to order it.

Zeta-G
August 3, 2014, 7:52 PM
Mine should be in by the end of the week, although I'm still in the process of evaluating my painting options.

Plamobot
August 3, 2014, 8:56 PM
I pored over the parts on my kit last night; may not be able do some of the mods I wanted due to space and sizing concerns, but I have a few backup plans. Whew! This thing may look silly. :)

Dlinker
August 4, 2014, 1:37 AM
^ That's the name of the game, man. Don't worry, you won't be alone. I'm pretty sure mine will end up looking rather odd, especially the rifle kitbash.

Baufrin
August 4, 2014, 2:00 PM
LOL so far I left off at green stuff sculpting I think it will look silly but this is supposed to be a fun do what we want to it kind of build. Put Rabbit ears on it and make a TV in its chest.

Plamobot
August 5, 2014, 10:17 AM
Tonight, I need to wash all of the parts and dig out the extra mod pieces I plan to use. I was thinking of repainting those big side skirt thruster things, but I actually like the dark blue plastic they're molded in, so I'm going to leave 'em alone.

Dlinker
August 5, 2014, 11:11 AM
I'm still making slow progress on my kit. The legs are almost done after way more modification and surgery than expected was completed. More on that when I post the pics later in the week. The biceps are pretty much done, though, barring some minor clean-up. I compared it to the original and I like how the arms got extended a bit (don't mind the green stuff, I haven't done any weld sanding at all yet, or nub clean-up):

8491 8492

I also decided to fill in those big white pieces that go on the backpack so they're not hollow. Me thinks it's not a flat fill, but I'll make do.

thwalker13
August 5, 2014, 12:18 PM
Nice progress so far man. And filling hollow spots most of the makes for a better appeal.

Zeta-G
August 5, 2014, 12:33 PM
Everything looks really good.

Plamobot
August 5, 2014, 12:42 PM
Nice progress so far man. And filling hollow spots most of the makes for a better appeal.

I second that. Looks pretty clean to me; I assume you'll sand it, and that'll be pretty flat, I'd imagine.

Dlinker
August 5, 2014, 1:11 PM
Yep, I'll give it a good sanding in a couple of days. If there are any dips, I'll break out the Mr. Surfacer 500 to deal with them.

I'm honestly surprised I'm able to do this much for this kit so quickly. Normally, it would take me a week just to get seam welds started on a 1/144 kit, but I've already gotten everything welded. Then again, I have sanding hell to look forward to.

Plamobot
August 5, 2014, 2:17 PM
It stems from your secret love for the film.

Dlinker
August 5, 2014, 3:10 PM
Having never seen the film, your statement piques my curiosity :D

I should give it a watch soon. At the very least, I happen to like how the design looks in CG so that will give me a chance to stare at it some more.

Zeta-G
August 5, 2014, 7:35 PM
G-Saviour isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It's a decent B-movie, nothing more, nothing less.

Dlinker
August 6, 2014, 12:00 AM
Getting slightly off-topic, but I watched a couple of battle scenes on YouTube earlier. The CG could use a bit more refinement, but otherwise it's right up my alley. It really reminded me of some live-action mecha shows I watched as a kid.

Plamobot
August 10, 2014, 10:46 PM
G-Saviour isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It's a decent B-movie, nothing more, nothing less.

I agree. It gets far more hate than it deserves. It's more dated than anything else, and that can't be helped.

- - - Updated - - -

Got started last night, and as of tonight, I'm done with the legs. Just waiting for a bit more panel liner to dry. Camera battery is dead, otherwise I'd post pictures. Nothing special, though, as it's OOB for the time being. (Mods, if any, will come at the end.)

Dlinker
August 11, 2014, 11:46 AM
I think it's just the two of us working on ours currently, haha. Speaking of which, I finally got the majority of the mods completed, barring some clean-up. Here are the legs:

8604 8605

And here's the new range of motion available now. If this is any indication, it's possible the kit can now do a fairly good kneeling pose:

Also, I'm very close to finishing the new rifle. This was a huge pain in the butt thanks to a constant gap that kept showing between the joined areas. Constantly sanding, checking, sanding, checking, over and over.

In hindsight, the legs shouldn't have taken that long, but I wasn't happy with the knee joints. They were originally too big so I had to cut them up (including the connecting peg), sand certain areas, weld them back together, then putty the rough areas. Even then, it's not perfect, but I'm happy with it.

thwalker13
August 11, 2014, 12:11 PM
The legs are looking great Dlinker! As is the rifle.

Zeta-G
August 11, 2014, 12:29 PM
Looking good, Dlinker!

BTW, my G-Saviour has arrived, but I'm still trying to figure out how if I can use a special effect paint the way I want to or not. I might end up doing a straight build and top coating it with the special paint later.

Dlinker
August 11, 2014, 1:08 PM
Thanks, fellow gents! I'm looking forward to the simplicity of sanding nubs and welds now that these are done. After worrying about mods for the past two weeks, I need a break from doing anything complicated.

Also, I just remembered now that I forgot to include the neck polycap when I welded the two back pieces of the upper torso together. Maybe I can cut up the polycap and glue them back in place.

Dlinker
August 18, 2014, 1:19 PM
I'm still working on this kit, but life has been getting in the way so I'm not able to put in as much time as I would like. I was able to prime the modded pieces and to nobody's surprise, I still have lots of clean-up to do on them. I blame my use of spent sandpaper (same strips I've been using for two years now) so I took out a new sheet of 600-grit and already it's making a difference. Pure laziness on my part.

I've been able to finish de-nubbing the rest of the parts too, so now it's off to weld the shins finally and figure out how to weld the sideskirts. Another mod I did was for the front skirts to bring it up to date with today's HG kits. Originally, it's one piece so the two parts can't move independently. Slicing it in half doesn't work because there's no ball joint keeping them in place, but that's no biggie. Just snip off a rounded piece from an MG kit's runners, then weld them in:

I think it works well:

8729 8730

thwalker13
August 18, 2014, 1:47 PM
Not a bad upgrade Dlinker. Wouldn't have ever thought to use those areas from a MG runner.

Dlinker
August 18, 2014, 3:15 PM
Yeah, I didn't think it would work at first. The angle of the connecting bar makes it a bit odd too.

I noticed the front skirt pieces have what look to be safety nubs. However, the manual and pics on the box doesn't have them removed. I removed mine when I saw that the CG version doesn't have them.

thwalker13
August 18, 2014, 3:29 PM
I would have probably of thought that they were part of the design. But looking at them again, I can see the thought that they might be safety nubs.

Zeta-G
August 20, 2014, 10:32 PM
Just a heads up: I've been ridiculously busy at work lately (more so than expected), and I will continue to be so for the next couple of months. I still plan on building my G-Saviour and posting pics, but I probably won't have the opportunity to work on it anytime soon, given my painting plans for it and my current workload. I just thought it would be fair to give you guys notice. I'll post something here once I have something to show. Thanks for your understanding.

Dlinker
August 21, 2014, 2:12 AM
Thanks for the notice, and no problem. I don't think anyone else, including myself, will get theirs finished anytime soon. I'm expecting end of September for mine.

thwalker13
August 21, 2014, 7:43 AM
It's cool Zeta-G. You know the forum motto. Real life comes 1st.

Plamobot
August 21, 2014, 8:25 AM
Yes indeed! Take care of what's important before dealing with any of this dumb plastic crap. :)

Zeta-G
August 22, 2014, 12:33 AM
Eh, I'd rather do the dumb plamo crap than the dumb work crap. Hell, I'd rather watch G-Saviour on an endless loop. ;)

Plamobot
August 22, 2014, 8:30 AM
Ouch!

I should watch that movie again, regardless...

Kenico
August 22, 2014, 8:43 AM
Not gonna lie folks, when i re watch it as a normal B Sci Fi Film, its not that bad. Just don't see it as a Gundam Film and its OK...A little...a good charming film to watch occasionally but its not the best...

Plamobot
August 26, 2014, 1:43 PM
Some of the panel lines on this thing are really shallow. I'm having a hell of a time getting panel line fluid and/or marker to stay in there during cleanup!

Dlinker
August 26, 2014, 3:02 PM
Really? That's surprising because I thought they all look pretty deep. I should keep an eye out on mine. Last thing I want to do is have to score the existing lines after a paint job already.

Chaser90EK
August 26, 2014, 3:06 PM
If I don't see a custom kit in a white shroud with a halo effect (with a cross in the background for added sacrilegiousness) I will be disappointed...

Plamobot
August 26, 2014, 3:11 PM
Really? That's surprising because I thought they all look pretty deep. I should keep an eye out on mine. Last thing I want to do is have to score the existing lines after a paint job already.

Only some of them are shallow, on my kit, anyway. Most of 'em were just fine. I was pleasantly surprised by the sheer amount of detail, though! More than the usual HG kit.

If I don't see a custom kit in a white shroud with a halo effect (with a cross in the background for added sacrilegiousness) I will be disappointed...

Well, there goes that idea...

Chaser90EK
August 26, 2014, 3:26 PM
How about behind a table with 11 GMS and a Zaku? :P

Plamobot
August 29, 2014, 11:26 PM
Don't forget the GM Comicus Type...

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm. It seems my original plan for the G-Saviour custom build may not be possible (one due to my lack of painting skill, and the other due to the kit's design). So, I might just do a slightly-modified* OOB build.

* I don't feel like painting every single one of the countless tiny details, so I might skip 'em. ;)

Dlinker
August 30, 2014, 12:54 AM
Sounds like someone needs to up their painting skill so they can realize their ideas better :D. Looking forward to what you'll come up with.

I'm still chugging along on mine. Hopefully tomorrow I can prime everything else and post a more substantial update.

Plamobot
August 30, 2014, 5:09 PM
True. But it's also very weather-dependent, so that may not happen, either. ;)

Dlinker
September 1, 2014, 1:03 AM
Substantial update time. So I finally finished priming everything. I think from now on, I'm going to save my nail file for more serious needs and leave it out of de-nubbing. I had to prime several pieces twice after seeing scratches that only could be done by a metal file. And white pieces, too. You can never tell if there are scratches on white pieces until you prime/paint :|

First up are the side-thrusters/skirts. Took a lot of work making sure many of its seams are gone and it was challenging. It gave me the chance to play around with using plastic plate for removing/hiding welds though and I had fun working on it. Did some scribing as well to get the vent appearance on the plates. Here it is during the initial effort next to one without anything done to show off the seams:

http://s20.postimg.org/wgx376a6x/Side_thrusters_before.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/wgx376a6x/)

Then here is one after priming. I had to fix some areas a few times before finally getting it right...

http://s20.postimg.org/jlp3keuxl/side_thrusters_done.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/jlp3keuxl/)

I made myself a victim of not thinking things through yet again because the second thruster/skirt looks better overall compared to the first one. For example, here is a front shot of the good thruster.

http://s20.postimg.org/cnkzegwt5/side_thrusters_done_front.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/cnkzegwt5/)

Welding those openings so they look like one whole piece was much easier after realizing I can cut apart the backing pieces and put them on separately from the main backing piece. The first thruster/skirt has a gap in the middle separator and I'm too lazy to fix it so it will remain a lesson to myself. Secondly, the scribed vent details are a bit cleaner on the second one because I realized I can actually use a photo-etched saw to score the lines, then the scribing tool to finish the job.

Next up is just showing off the chest and the weld work on the shins. Using Squee's mod, I'm able to take the abs on and off without worry despite having the back chest piece welded together. The shins were probably the toughest part I've ever had to weld on any kit due to how many points of contact there were and I think I welded them nicely. Nearer to the foot, I had to rely on plastic plate to cover up a weld that I just couldn't sand thanks to being in a really tight spot. Made another mistake here, though. In my haste to weld, I forgot to remove the mold lines on the pipe details. Oh well, another lesson learned.

http://s20.postimg.org/cfxchyluh/chest_primed.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/cfxchyluh/) http://s20.postimg.org/g0t816qe1/leg_done_front.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/g0t816qe1/) http://s20.postimg.org/xgne2vpcp/leg_done_back.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/xgne2vpcp/)

Then here's the rifle after a lengthy clean-up:

http://s20.postimg.org/8onrvn861/rifle_paint_ready.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/8onrvn861/)

If all goes well tomorrow, I can start painting. I'll keep the color scheme a secret, haha. I have zero clue what I'm going to do for the front chest area. Paint it metallic or a normal color? Airbrush or handpaint? Ugh, I'm conflicted.

thwalker13
September 1, 2014, 10:39 AM
Dlinker your G-Saviour is looking more and more awesome by the post. I can't wait to see the color scheme.

Dlinker
September 1, 2014, 3:13 PM
Thanks, man. I'm hoping this will turn out as good as the GM Sniper II. The color scheme won't be anything fancy, all in an attempt to keep things simple. If anyone was wondering for the shins, I kept that back calf seam as is. The dolled-up pic on the manual has it and I thought it was fine so I kept it.

I also figured out what to do for the chest. No fancy metallics for it, just a color and I'll airbrush. Not sure what color to use yet, though.

Zeta-G
September 1, 2014, 5:18 PM
Looking good, man!