PDA

View Full Version : Would Bandai Mind?

Vipes
January 8, 2012, 1:23 PM
Me and a friend have been talking about making a Gundam total conversion mod for Skyrim. Well, SD Gundam Gaiden. We plan to vastly expand the story, and and more enemies then in the show, as well as allies.

Instead of me going in depth about it, I'll ask this question. Would Bandai not care that we're doing this, or would we get a Cease and Desist?

SilverFrameAstray
January 8, 2012, 11:54 PM
Depends on if you are trying to market it. I'm not the bigwig on Legal anything, and quite frankly the only one who was is banned, but I feel like it wouldn't be a problem. Clearly you're doing this as a PC mod. I just hope you know your languages well enough for it. I'm not sure what Skyrim is coded in, but I hope you can pull it off.

Just don't try to sell the mod.

Zechs36
January 9, 2012, 10:58 PM
Knowing Bandai, I'm pretty sure you'd get a Cease and Desist. Bandai LOVES to play the game of "We own the rights so you can't do jack squat with it"

Vipes
January 9, 2012, 11:06 PM
Knowing Bandai, I'm pretty sure you'd get a Cease and Desist. Bandai LOVES to play the game of "We own the rights so you can't do jack squat with it"

But I've seen many people make Gundam mods. Infact some people even made Gundam games.

Exia
January 9, 2012, 11:17 PM
I'd stop advertising to everyone on the internet that you plan on using copyrighted properties for a computer mod. Broadcast it after you're done and don't sell it. That simple.