PDA

View Full Version : Gundam vs Transformers(who would win in a fight?)

gzilla45
December 11, 2011, 1:55 PM
2 of these giant robot franchises are iconic.

The Gundams
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gs4NW60AmH4/SHGrj8aOm9I/AAAAAAAAAeM/orbms-6o500/s400/Gundam_Wing_2.jpg

And the Transformers?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/66/Transformers07.jpg/220px-Transformers07.jpg

If the 2 were to cross paths and fight, which would win?

Use evidence from both franchises to support your theory.

Zeta-G
December 11, 2011, 2:42 PM
Turn A could kill the Transformers off by itself.

GNzaku0023
December 11, 2011, 2:43 PM
*Moving to Battleground*

RX-78-2
December 11, 2011, 4:24 PM
Not even a contest a freaking ball could take down optimus the transformers are too slow!

GNzaku0023
December 11, 2011, 4:40 PM
Gundam. Wait a minute.....

In all seriousness, gundam would win. Most gundams are a lot taller than Transformers, and as RX-78-2 said, they're faster. The weapons can be far more devastating as well. A beam saber would destroy optimus' heat sword. A beam magnum would eviscerate Megatron without effort. Beam rifles could easily and accurately tear through any transformer. Gundams also just have better armor. Think about it, ballistics weapons just are not all that effective against Gundams, and the Transformers primarily use ballistic style weapons, (save for a few). It's no contest, Gundam would win all day every day.

Zeta-G
December 11, 2011, 5:41 PM
... the transformers are too slow!

especially when one considers the fact that even Shia Labouf (a puny human) managed to outrun Megatron. Goddamn Michael Bay... :mad:

Could you imagine what the Spiegel/Shadow Gundam would be able to do to the Transformers. It would be awesome! :D

RX-78-2
December 11, 2011, 9:08 PM
Heck yeah it would!

Drake2411
December 12, 2011, 1:38 AM
I think your giving the Transformers too little credit. Advanced lifeforms from another planet vs human built robots. The Transformers are super computers that can combine and equip super weapons. Gundam's have human's calling the shots and some humans cant pull the trigger and have bad reactions. I think the Transformers could pull it out in some cases based on how the fight is. BTW the movie transformers have all of the transformers as soft pussies. That's not how they really are.

Exia
December 12, 2011, 1:53 AM
I think your giving the Transformers too little credit. Advanced lifeforms from another planet vs human built robots. The Transformers are super computers that can combine and equip super weapons. Gundam's have human's calling the shots and some humans cant pull the trigger and have bad reactions. I think the Transformers could pull it out in some cases based on how the fight is. BTW the movie transformers have all of the transformers as soft pussies. That's not how they really are.

No shit.

Even if Megatron was at his most evil form, any of the Gundam villians would still kick his ass. You think any Gundam pilot would care once they found out they're just fighting machines with an AI so advanced it seems like they're sentient. Just put the most psychotic pilot in the most destructive gundam (Nena in the Devil Gundam for instance) and the Transformers become a meer thought of the past.

Zeta-G
December 12, 2011, 2:11 AM
No shit.

Even if Megatron was at his most evil form, any of the Gundam villians would still kick his ass. You think any Gundam pilot would care once they found out they're just fighting machines with an AI so advanced it seems like they're sentient. Just put the most psychotic pilot in the most destructive gundam (Nena in the Devil Gundam for instance) and the Transformers become a meer thought of the past.

Quoted for truth. Put one of them in the Turn A and send them to Cybertron, and it would be like the ending of Ideon: Be Invoked (in other words, every single one of the Transformers would die).

@Drake: in my previous post, I was speaking as a G1 and Beast Wars fan; I just saw an opportunity to take a jab at the Michael Bay versions and took it. ;)

Exia
December 12, 2011, 2:33 AM
While Turn A is the obvious and excellent choice, I still think watching Devil Gundam go to work would be much much more exciting.

Zeta-G
December 12, 2011, 2:44 AM
While Turn A is the obvious and excellent choice, I still think watching Devil Gundam go to work would be much much more exciting.

Honestly, it would be fun to watch any of the Gundams slaughter Transformers. I just mentioned the Turn A because there is zero chance the transformers could defeat it. ;)

Zeon's RedComet
December 12, 2011, 4:10 AM
Well as said, Turn A can single handedly wipe every trace of tech from the solar system...ergo Gundam wins. Not to mention most MS can plow though a Transformer.

All we need is a red Zaku...nothing fancy.

Drake2411
December 13, 2011, 12:21 AM
Okay listen, If turn A did that it would kill all tech including the gundam's. I just dont think your giving the Formers a fair fight.

Zeta-G
December 13, 2011, 12:47 AM
Okay listen, If turn A did that it would kill all tech including the gundam's. I just dont think your giving the Formers a fair fight.

The Turn A would still be around and kicking. Besides, as has been stated earlier, even a Ball could kick most of transformers' asses in single combat.

Drake2411
December 13, 2011, 6:03 PM
The Turn A would still be around and kicking. Besides, as has been stated earlier, even a Ball could kick most of transformers' asses in single combat.

Your getting carried away. I doubt that in so many ways.

Zappit
February 24, 2012, 3:31 PM
Unicron. End thread.

But seriously, I've been a die-hard 'formers fan since Gen 1. Granted, the Gundams would likely win the majority of the fights, I'd give Unicron the edge in ANY match-up. Plus, there's that whole Matrix of Leadership Deux-Ex-Machina deal in Optimus Prime's chest, which would likely solve a lot of problems for the 'formers.

Asterisk
February 24, 2012, 4:26 PM
Optimus was taken out by a couple of shots to the abdomen. I think even the Age-1 with its hax DODS rifle could take 90% of the Transformers out.

(My wife will kill me if she reads this)

Zappit
February 24, 2012, 5:48 PM
Optimus was taken out by a couple of shots to the abdomen. I think even the Age-1 with its hax DODS rifle could take 90% of the Transformers out.

(My wife will kill me if she reads this)

He did have to worry about that Hot Rod hostage problem in that scene, you know, right after crushing about a dozen Decepticons single-handedly. Besides, if it ain't Optimus taking 'em out with the Matrix, it's Hot Rod that does it - and really, that's just...bad.

Asterisk
February 24, 2012, 6:37 PM
Touche`. It's been years since I've seen that, honestly, I'd completely forgotten.

Zelite
March 3, 2012, 12:42 PM
I would comment on this. But it would be horribly biased. Mainly because I'm more of a Transformers fan than Gundam, and I don't really know all the Gundams and Pilots as well as you guys do.

@Husband: Pfft, I'm not that petty. I wholeheartedly agree that there are some characters that NEED to die.

Wiltonican
March 3, 2012, 4:08 PM

I think Drake2411 explained it best here. I'm a big fan of Gundam, but hate to admit (here) that I'm a bigger Transformers fan. (But, I'm a bit biased.. as I had animated on the series. hehe)

Zappit
March 3, 2012, 4:42 PM
I think Drake2411 explained it best here. I'm a big fan of Gundam, but hate to admit (here) that I'm a bigger Transformers fan. (But, I'm a bit biased.. as I had animated on the series. hehe)

Wait - which series?

Wiltonican
March 3, 2012, 7:38 PM
Wait - which series?

Beast Wars, then Beast Machines. Animated and Supervised on both series. But, I'm a fan of G1 though.

Zappit
March 3, 2012, 8:15 PM
Beast Wars, then Beast Machines. Animated and Supervised on both series. But, I'm a fan of G1 though.

Awesome - you worked on one of the GOOD series! Well done, man. Quite a few years late for this, but thank you for making a part of my childhood more enjoyable!

Wiltonican
March 4, 2012, 4:18 AM
Awesome - you worked on one of the GOOD series! Well done, man. Quite a few years late for this, but thank you for making a part of my childhood more enjoyable!

Haha.. thanks for the kind words! Always enjoy positive feedback. Makes the hard deadlines worth while. But, it was still good times! One of the best jobs I ever had.

I guess what goes around comes around. Beast Wars was for you what Transformers (G1) in the 80s did for me. Man, both of those series seems like a few lifetimes ago!

Exia
March 4, 2012, 5:14 AM
I too grew up with Beast Wars as my main Transformers introductions, though when I was a kid I caught a couple episodes of G1 when I was visiting my grandparents in Virginia. Dinobot was my favorite, loved him.

Wiltonican
March 4, 2012, 5:39 AM
I too grew up with Beast Wars as my main Transformers introductions, though when I was a kid I caught a couple episodes of G1 when I was visiting my grandparents in Virginia. Dinobot was my favorite, loved him.

hehe..silly Dinobot. He was the hardest to animate. Rhinox was my favourite. Slag!

Zappit
March 4, 2012, 10:26 AM
Haha.. thanks for the kind words! Always enjoy positive feedback. Makes the hard deadlines worth while. But, it was still good times! One of the best jobs I ever had.

I guess what goes around comes around. Beast Wars was for you what Transformers (G1) in the 80s did for me. Man, both of those series seems like a few lifetimes ago!

G1 was still tops for me - grew up on that one - but the Beast Wars series was a really worthy successor.

thwalker13
March 4, 2012, 12:10 PM
I've often contemplated this confrontation. If you compare the sizes of the newer Gundams to the size of largest Transformers (not counting Unicron or Devastator from the movies) Gundams are about 2x the size of any Transformer. Not to mention that most Gundams come equipped with more weapons than a Transformer. Granted that a Transformer is with out a doubt more intelligent than a pilot. I believe that the sheer size and overall power of a Gundam could easily take down most Transformers.

Forbidden Gundam
April 13, 2012, 5:06 AM
hate to add to an old thread but:
-Transformers can scan mechanical things to use as alt modes. So bring out those gundams, we'll have someone scan them and use them as alt modes.... (thye can also scan ships, cannons....)
-Unicron, he's like a god which has destroyed universes. Only this which can beat him is the Matrix. Which is currently in possession of Optimus Prime, a tranformer (and therefore Unicorn's ally in this TF VS Gundam fight) You can't go any better than that. There's also Primus...

Also are we talking, all the TFs (regardless of universe for example G1, Animated etc) VS all of Gundam (for example Wing, SEED, Age etc)
Hmm....that's about 10 primes running around, and the same number of Megatrons......there's also 2 Devastators that I know (but only one Unicron and Primus-their multiversal singularities). Then again, we have all of the best gundams fighting together as well. It would be interesting to see how this works out, would be nice if someone makes a movie or something out this, I would so watch it.

@Wiltonican you worked on a TF series? Wow, I'm quite envious here.....

Executionervt009
April 13, 2012, 8:11 PM
10 Primes? Hell, the Wing boys will take half and the Celestial Being crew will take out the rest. 2 Devastators? Looks like Athrun and Kira got their jobs. And don't forget our favorite Bad/good guy Char, in his Saza-hya-ninja-zak-shiki raping faces. and since were all dreaming... lets say their on.... the Nahel Argama! I give that ship about 10minutes before it explodes in awesome.

Forbidden Gundam
April 13, 2012, 8:31 PM
It all boils down to fan opinion I guess. Even if hasbro/bandai make a crossover (somehow I think that's unlikely) then whoever wins, the writer decides. For example if I was the writer I could write down that gundam wins or TF wins. It's the same when I was watching JP3, it does not mean that if the T-Rex and Spinosaurus fight then the Spino wins. That's just the writer. We'd never know unless those 2 fight one on one.

In my opinion it's mainly Turn A (with the power to destroy technology!) VS Unicron and Primus (gods with power of Space and time). They're probably the most powerful both universes has to offer (fans may disagree with me.)

Deathscythe!
April 15, 2012, 11:55 AM
From my point of view , the first thing that has to be mentioned is , that I've never watched transformers . I've been watching Gundam (and everything that is related and that has been released since 1979 ) since summer 2011 , which means , that the possibility of having lack of knowledge is high for these reasons . Ever since this thread was released , the majority has claimed that Gundams achieve victory in this match / comparison . I've never watched Gundam either , but the first thought I got after I had watched Gundam was that Gundams were much cooler than Transformers . If I was in charge of creating a team of four in order to fight the transformers , these would be :

Gundam Deathscythe Hell - its invisibility has enabled the Deathscythe H to defeat his opponents a couple of times
Unicorn Gundam - I've been playing DWG3 since Nov 11' and this is one of the strongest Gundams I've fought with and against
Turn A - its Moonlight Butterfly enables the Turn A to cause destruction on the highest level
God Gundam : The developers included a little bit of Dragonball Z , which had been released before G Gundam was released . There has hardly been anything that is able to win against sth. that has relation to DBZ or Gundam and whenever both is combined , the chances of winning are lowered to its minimum :P

KhornAshrem
July 2, 2012, 3:26 AM
Ya Transformers are waaaaaaaaaay Smaller then a Gundam ... and Gundam i think would step on a Transformer and it would be over.