PDA

View Full Version : Hacked

Exia
September 1, 2013, 1:33 AM
The main page http://www.gundamforums.com/ says we've been hacked.

thwalker13
September 1, 2013, 1:50 AM
O.o

O...K... Haven't seen that before.

Zeta
September 1, 2013, 2:02 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but my end of things is working fine. This seems like the work of a practical joker hacker. I read about them last year in VB programming. They're kind of like the graffiti artists of the web. They send joke messages to any website just because they can.

Edit: everyone, check your anti-virus and firewall programs to see if you've hacked or not. So far mine is working flawlessly.

Zeta-G
September 1, 2013, 2:44 AM
I wasn't going to post, given my status and all, but I just want to confirm that I was sending a PM to the administrators (m1ck3y and Asterisk to be precise) to inform them that i reregistered so no one could impersonate me after my previous account was deleted, when this hacker suddenly popped up in the administrator section on the forum leaders page. It was about 12:08 or so, when I reregistered, 12:16 when I PM'ed m1ck3y, and 12:28 when I PM'ed asterisk. I noticed his name after PM'ing asterisk.

I assumed at the time m1ck3y was just doing a test account or some such, given the name, but just a couple of minutes ago, I went to www.gundamforums.com to log in and check for a reply from Asterisk and/or m1ck3y and noticed the hack notice at www.gundamforums.com. The link to the board ( .../forum.php ) displays as normal.

I just emailed asterisk just to make sure the admins know the situation ASAP.

Shin Starlord
September 1, 2013, 7:14 AM
Of all the sites to hack, they hack this one. What assholes.

thwalker13
September 1, 2013, 9:54 AM
It seems like if you try to access the site through the main link it displays the message. I just tried getting here via the main link and got the hacked message. However I went to my history, and click on the battleground. Boom, instantly in. And I'm not getting the message anymore.

Kenico
September 1, 2013, 10:30 AM
So what happens now? I mean Can you or the administrator fix it?

EDIT: I appears fellas that, as Walker explained, that only the MAIN Portal has been affected. I just tried to look up the True Battleground and managed to get on here. Just avoid trying to enter the Main portal and youll be fine. But still I hope you guys can fix it.

Brotzmann
September 1, 2013, 11:19 AM
Of all the sites to hack, they hack this one. What assholes.

Seriously, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Shin Starlord
September 1, 2013, 1:11 PM
When I first signed up, I dragged the link from the Gundam Forums logo to my bookmark bar, which is "http://www.gundamforums.com/forum.php".
This is the main index, and it's unharmed, so it would be the safest way to get in.

Kenico
September 1, 2013, 1:20 PM
Yep, so long as you have it on your bookmarks or favorites, its good. its either that or you have to type in an alternate route.

Dlinker
September 1, 2013, 2:31 PM
Just changed the bookmark URL for me now. An interesting surprise last night, that's for sure.

Zeta
September 1, 2013, 2:33 PM
So is this something that's fixable? Just wondering.

Dlinker
September 1, 2013, 2:40 PM
It should be, since it seems the hack just re-routed the DNS name resolution for www.gundamforums.com to that goofy page.

Zeon's RedComet
September 1, 2013, 9:15 PM
My question is why did he hack a small site, with sub 300 (generous guess) users whom are here regularly?

Bossguy
September 1, 2013, 9:42 PM
He's from some site called BugAbuse. The users of that site basically hack other websites for fun, and to show off their "skills."

Zeta
September 1, 2013, 10:43 PM
Thankfully this hacker only hacked the portal leading to this site and not the actual site itself.

Zeta-G
September 1, 2013, 11:11 PM
Thankfully this hacker only hacked the portal leading to this site and not the actual site itself.

He's listed as an administrator of the forum and has been since at least 12:30 last night.

Zeta
September 1, 2013, 11:12 PM
What's his ID?

Zeta-G
September 1, 2013, 11:14 PM
Gtfo_my_nuts or somesuch. Same as the hacked homepage. You can see his name under forum leaders.

Zeta
September 1, 2013, 11:16 PM
Ah, thanks old friend.

Zeta-G
September 1, 2013, 11:23 PM
Ah, thanks old friend.

Just trying to help. :)

Shin Starlord
September 2, 2013, 6:55 AM
I would say he's a script kiddie, someone that hacks by the book, which is why he'd hack our small site instead of something like... the playstation forums or so.

One thing though, since he's listed as a site leader, wouldn't he be able to ban us, or even delete us?

Bossguy
September 2, 2013, 11:12 AM
True. That's scary. I guess if people just get banned out of the blue, then we can guess what happened.

extend
September 4, 2013, 9:00 PM
I was annoyed when I got that message. First thing I that came into my mind was, "Why this site?" I don't see any benefit that the hacker can gain by doing it? What an @sshole.

Kenico
September 13, 2013, 8:11 PM
Same Guy hacked us again! This time He hacked the Main Fourm!

Brotzmann
September 13, 2013, 8:31 PM
Same Guy hacked us again! This time He hacked the Main Fourm!

Argh! This a$$hole is annoying.

Joe
September 13, 2013, 8:40 PM
What are we going to do about this?

Bossguy
September 13, 2013, 9:22 PM
My gosh. The main link isn't even up. This guy is a jerk. Why don't you hack TFW2005? That will annoy many more people than here.

Shin Starlord
September 13, 2013, 9:39 PM
I thought he got to the entire board. Thank goodness for web history!
I visit these forums all the time, so they're almost burned into my history, and they work

http://www.gundamforums.com/forumdisplay.php/10-Member-Introductions

http://www.gundamforums.com/forumdisplay.php/17-The-Gundam-Universe

http://www.gundamforums.com/forumdisplay.php/18-The-Real-World

Exia
September 14, 2013, 6:02 AM
Ugh, even have a new "admin", sweet Odin I wish these guys would go away.

thwalker13
September 14, 2013, 10:15 AM
I got here the same way Shin did. Using other parts of the forum as a back door to get in. But this $h!t is really pissing me off.

Zadocfish
September 14, 2013, 11:36 AM
... Isn't everyone here on other similar forums too? If everyone just posted on a different forum, he'd probably just lose interest after a bit. That, or we could get someone who knows coding to get undo all this.

Strikes me as funny that there are honestly people who would consider other people internet nerds while spending their time hacking small-time community sites. Some people just have no life outside of the internet, I guess. I suppose it gives them the illusion of self-worth? The kinds of desperate-for-attention manchildren that do these sorts of things are more worthy of pity than annoyance, in my experience.

Bossguy
September 14, 2013, 12:06 PM
Yeah. Honestly, this is the only place that I can speak to mecha geeks like me. :D We could all go to hobbylink.tv.

Shin Starlord
September 14, 2013, 1:01 PM
That's really not a bad idea, I'm sure there are a lot of us spread out on different mecha sites. Take facebook as an example.

However, this IS our forum, and some overweight hacker has no right to take out his social problems on us.

Zadocfish
September 14, 2013, 1:23 PM
Oh, so that actually WAS his picture? Somehow, that makes it more funny... especially if he is actually into my little pony.

Which I am too, don't get me wrong, but I had thought he was being ironic.

thwalker13
September 14, 2013, 5:56 PM
I've considered making a temporary forum on Facebook. But it makes me mad that some (words that I won't post here) thinks that he can walk up in here and screw up our forum. Just because he has nothing better to do than sit on his computer and screw around with other people's lives. This is the only place I'm a member of where I talk about Gunpla, so it holds a special place for me. And I won't give it up with out a fight.

Bossguy
September 14, 2013, 6:01 PM
Same here. This is the only place I can discuss Gundam with actual people! Why does he have to take pleasure on other people's pain?

DuelGundam2099
September 14, 2013, 6:47 PM
Since I got banned from MAHQ this is the closest place to it I managed to find since then and I'd rather not lose this place.

Zeta-G
September 14, 2013, 8:10 PM
Seriously, WTF?

Surely this dude must something better to do with his life than to make m1ck3y run around like his hair is on fire. If not, that's kind of sad...

I just remembered that I saw a suspicious looking admin account (desi or something like that) the other day and telling m1ck3y about it and then it disappeared. I assumed it was probably just m1ck3y testing the site's security, but I figured better safe than sorry, and now the hacker is clearly back, so whatever m1ck3y was doing wasn't enough (unless he simply hadn't finished patching the site yet).

Dlinker
September 14, 2013, 11:54 PM
I hope it gets resolved soon. The more it happens, the more it's making the forum look like an easy target and I for one don't want that at all. This is a chill place without any big egos; why f&ck with something like that? Jerks.

Joe
September 15, 2013, 11:52 AM
What about the Child of Mecha forums? They recently re-opened after 6 years. It was a great community back in the day and they are sort of struggling to get back on their feet with new members and it's sort of dead right now. Why don't we head over there!

extend
September 15, 2013, 8:25 PM
What a douche! This is just one of the few forums I found that most people are actually nice and respectful. I pity this hacker. He must be really lonely.

Bossguy
September 16, 2013, 12:09 PM
I have a plan! We don't we go to Hobbylink.tv (I chose this since it has a pretty nice community), create a group called Gundam Forums Refuge (something like that), and hang out there until the site gets fixed! We can check out everybody's contest entries, and the site won't be an easy target.

thwalker13
September 16, 2013, 12:18 PM
Not a bad idea. Do you mean basically create a group on HobbyLink.tv for us?

Bossguy
September 16, 2013, 1:24 PM
Yep. We could basically just post normally as we do here, just without all of the categories.

Dlinker
September 16, 2013, 1:26 PM
Sounds like a good idea, although we have to be sure we don't end up forgetting about this forum.

Zeta-G
September 16, 2013, 1:48 PM
The people from the Gundam Eclipse forum have a group there so it doesn't look like it would be a problem.
My user name is the same over there btw.

Deathscythe!
September 16, 2013, 5:49 PM
You can count me in.

Brief me on what to do, where you've moved and so on afterwards.

Bossguy
September 16, 2013, 5:50 PM
I created the group! It's private. Though, since I'm the admin I can always change to public if you guys want. Here's the link: http://www.hobbylink.tv/groups/gundam-forums-refuge/

Dlinker
September 16, 2013, 7:05 PM
I clicked on the Request Membership button. Hopefully it did something else other than just moving to the Request Membership tab.

Bossguy
September 16, 2013, 8:27 PM
Hmm, I don't see anything.

thwalker13
September 16, 2013, 8:43 PM
I was able to get in.

Dlinker
September 16, 2013, 9:07 PM
There it goes, I think now it worked. I did it via the Groups link instead of inside the actual group itself. Waiting for approval now.

Bossguy
September 16, 2013, 10:05 PM
Goodness. Accidentally denied it. Can you try again?

Dlinker
September 16, 2013, 10:14 PM
Just clicked on it again.

Kenico
September 16, 2013, 10:26 PM
Just sent you a request. hope you get it

Bossguy
September 16, 2013, 11:42 PM
You guys are all in the group. I don't feel right being the admin of this entire project, so do you guys all want to be admins?

Dlinker
September 16, 2013, 11:44 PM
Fine with me. Doesn't seem too complicated, haha.

Bossguy
September 16, 2013, 11:47 PM
It really isn't. And two clicks, and you are an official admin of the group!

Kenico
September 17, 2013, 12:01 AM
What the heck not, im in..

Dlinker
September 17, 2013, 1:48 AM
Should we start congregating over there now? I'm going to be, from this evening onward. I'll be checking here every day still, though.

Shin Starlord
September 17, 2013, 7:27 AM
I'm with you. I just signed up for an account, and I believe I have requested membership. I hope that was it.

Brotzmann
September 17, 2013, 8:39 AM
I'm in the Gundam Forums group at HLtv now. I hope this forum gets fixed because I like it here. It sure is a pain navigating through the back door. I miss the un-hacked Gundam Forums.

thwalker13
September 17, 2013, 12:14 PM
I miss it as well. It's a lot easier to keep clean and spam free when using the main page.

Bossguy
September 17, 2013, 12:44 PM
Me too. It's so easy navigating this board.

Shin Starlord
September 17, 2013, 2:41 PM
I'm actually worried about new members. This forum gets 2-3 new members a month that actually stay, like a lot of you guys, I can't imagine all the people looking for advice and for a place to chat about Gundam that are at a loss because of that ridiculous page.

thwalker13
September 17, 2013, 4:28 PM
Shin and I share the same concerns. Us older members know how to navigate via back doors of the forum. But new members don't. And with that page screwing up main access, new/potential members are going to just give up and go somewhere else. Not only is that page an inconvenience, to us, but it's preventing the forum from growing.

alphachruch
September 18, 2013, 9:24 PM
Man this really sucks. So many new members lost and so many others screwed over.

extend
September 19, 2013, 2:12 AM
I couldn't agree more. I'm missing this place. I hope that this site will soon be fixed!

Zeta
September 19, 2013, 2:28 AM
Seriously. I actually took a programming class a year ago and we touched on hackers. They tend to fall into three categories: White Hat hackers (the good guys aka: advanced security counter-hackers), Gray Hat hackers (the neutral guys; they hack because they can), and Black Hat Hackers (the bad guys who take control of systems and upload malicious content i.e. spam, viruses, worms). This guy, I would classify as somewhere in between Gray Hat and Black Hat.

extend
September 19, 2013, 2:35 AM
We never had such topics as it was discouraged by our professors, and it does seem unethical.

I only hack games, and I hack games for my own amusement and not to take advantage of other players especially in an online and multiplayer environment. So what kind of hacker do I belong with? LOL

thwalker13
September 19, 2013, 7:48 AM
My hacking skills go as far as hacking Oblivion on my laptop. That's about it. This guy seems to do it just because he can and has no life other than annoying the crap out of other people on the internet.

And Extend I'd probably put you in a light gray hat. Somewhere in between the White and Gray guys. Probably where I'd be as well. lol

extend
September 19, 2013, 9:42 AM
Game hacking is interesting in a way as it allows you to do things that are not allowed by normal game rules. I usually hack games once I have explored and finished them. It adds replay value for me.

Anyway, if you're on mobile, the forum still works perfectly using Tapatalk.

Dlinker
September 19, 2013, 11:23 AM
I don't know, this guy seems more like a script kiddie. Defacing websites is a common action done by them. This person doesn't deserve to be considered a part of any category of Hats, in my opinion.

Now, if the entire forum goes down and not even the admins can access, that is an action of a Black Hat.

alphachruch
September 19, 2013, 6:55 PM
Seriously. I actually took a programming class a year ago and we touched on hackers. They tend to fall into three categories: White Hat hackers (the good guys aka: advanced security counter-hackers), Gray Hat hackers (the neutral guys; they hack because they can), and Black Hat Hackers (the bad guys who take control of systems and upload malicious content i.e. spam, viruses, worms). This guy, I would classify as somewhere in between Gray Hat and Black Hat.

This would be a case of grey-hat hacker. Since if he was a black hat then we would see more damage with accounts and such. So far i see a destroyed main page and stupid content on front. As long as its not like lemonparty.org

thwalker13
September 19, 2013, 10:43 PM
I was thinking more along the line of, ass hat.

Dlinker
September 20, 2013, 1:10 AM
I was thinking more along the line of, ass hat.

I approve of this category. Whoever defaced the forum is the first inductee.

thwalker13
September 20, 2013, 7:52 AM
Hopefully we don't add any more to the category.

Omega_X_
September 20, 2013, 12:18 PM
So yeah, I just got the hacked message when trying to access the forums through my bookmark bar. Didn't hang around as I was expecting a screamer. I was surprised when I google searched the hack and was able to get into the site via this thread. So yeah, is the site safe to use still? I'm too lazy to read all the posts.

Not what I was expecting to find after 2 months of absence.

thwalker13
September 20, 2013, 12:27 PM
I've used the site at home, and so far my AntiVirus software has not thrown up any red flags. I don't think the idget that hacked the site is smart enough to upload viruses. I think he's just a douche that did it for fun.

Dlinker
September 20, 2013, 1:11 PM
Yeah, the forum itself is still safe or else search engines will throw up a red flag when accessing any links from here that show up on them.

Omega_X_
September 20, 2013, 5:18 PM
Funny, because I scanned my computer with my antivirus after posting here, and it detected a trojan. But it may be a false positive, since it was found in my dell datasafe program. I'll call customer service tomorrow and find out. I've no idea how malware I pick up on the internet can make its way into a program I never use, so it probably isn't something I picked up here.

Since only the main page is FUBAR I assume it's safe to post anyway.

Incidentally, are steps being taken to restore the main page?

Zeta-G
September 20, 2013, 9:12 PM
I use the ultimate anti-virus: UNIX. As for Trojans, I don't download from untrustworthy places, so no risk of downloading something masquerading as (or piggybacking on) legitimate software. That said the Windows and Android users of the world have my sympathy. :)

Dlinker
September 21, 2013, 1:35 AM
Lately, at least when basing it off of the crap I have to deal with at the office, malware and viruses are sneaking in even from legit websites. A few times this past month, the infection came when people were watching videos from CNN, reading an article from the local news sites, or doing online shopping. Nasty infection too, the kind that deletes registry entries related to network configurations. Would be nice if our AV vendor steps up their game to prevent it from happening, but no answer yet.

Meanwhile, my personal laptop running Avast Free Edition still hasn't gotten infected even after all of the numerous questionable websites I've visited. Although, perhaps I should run a scan anyway, just to be sure...

extend
September 21, 2013, 10:54 AM
I had been using Bitdefender for years. It uses a bit more resources compared to other AVs, but this thing kept me safe for years.

Omega_X_
September 21, 2013, 6:39 PM
I use AVG free version. Because I'm a cheapskate. I also try to steer clear of dodgy websites. About the most questionable one I use is mp3skull, and I'm pretty sure that's legal. Became a hell of a lot safer since I installed adblocker on my browser. Pretty much every mp3 download site I've ever used is usually crowded with ads of dubious quality, many of which disguise themselves as the download button, so anyone who isn't on the ball clicks on it and all of a sudden something downloads itself onto their computer and a new toolbar appears. Just a shame I can't find a decent adblocker for my phone.

Zaku
September 22, 2013, 12:10 AM
Want to shoot hacker in face soooooooooo bad

Shin Starlord
September 22, 2013, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't worry much about your systems being hacked by this guy, he's simply a script kiddie. It looks like his origins are MMO game hacking, as is evidence from his site. Everyone should always use some kind of internet security when browsing the web, so if you have that already you're cool.

The hardest part's navigating to forums. Best thing I can think for you to do is to click "What's New" to keep up with posts and go to the respective forum.
Don't worry about google, it's just being cautious :)

Also, I'd say he hacked us to give his own site some publicity when people search for a gundam forum, his site shows up.

Jfl0
September 22, 2013, 3:39 PM
You guys and girls aware that the forums got hacked? I'm not able to get into any other board besides this one and WIP.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk72/jadefalcon0/hacked.png (http://s277.photobucket.com/user/jadefalcon0/media/hacked.png.html)

Wiz33
September 22, 2013, 3:56 PM
Yea been that way for days. Who's the admin?

Squee
September 22, 2013, 4:44 PM
Lol Obvious thread is obvious. It's been this way for weeks.

thwalker13
September 22, 2013, 5:36 PM
Sorry Jfl0. But I think you're a bit behind. We were hacked weeks ago.

And Wiz33, m1ck3y and Asterisk.

I think I'll merge this with the other thread.

Omega_X_
September 22, 2013, 6:31 PM
Not sure what the site policy is on revenge, but if the guy hacked us in order to advertise his own site... couldn't we then hack him back? A few of you guys seem to have experience.

Meh. It'd probably be more trouble than it's worth. Just an observation.

Bossguy
September 22, 2013, 6:35 PM
None of us here know how to hack a site. If you did, I don't think it would be against the rules, since it is with a different forum.

thwalker13
September 22, 2013, 8:32 PM
Since he is not an upstanding member of the forum, he didn't break any rules. Just the basic rules of the internet. Mainly, don't be a douche. But trust me, if I had the skills. He probably wouldn't have a computer to use.

Focke Wulf
September 22, 2013, 9:53 PM
what was the website he was advertising? Can't we contact the company who hosts this forum and report what happened and they could fix it?

Dlinker
September 23, 2013, 12:29 AM
It's all up to the admins. All we can do is hope that it gets done soon.

Jfl0
September 23, 2013, 2:17 AM
Ahh. My thread from general got merged because I couldn't get into anything else. I've been moving across the country for a week or two and then didn't have internet for about a week. Minor annoyance. He's looking for lulz and you know what they say about feeding trolls.....

Shin Starlord
September 23, 2013, 6:40 AM
Basically, he feels that his mates at his website are his blood family. He's proud to show them off.
I don't know if he's an admin of his forum, maybe he's doing it for recognition.

Not worth the trouble of hacking his site. Hacking shouldn't be done to annoy people.

thwalker's right. If some of us had hacking skills, our imagination wouldn't limit us to hacking small forums for the sake of recognition.

thwalker13
September 23, 2013, 7:53 AM
The trouble on our end is, as a Mod, I don't have the access to even attempt at fixing the site. Nor do I have the know how. I've been keeping track of Asterisk's and m1ck3y's logins. Asterisk hasn't been on in about a month, and m1ck3y logged in on the 9th. Granted they probably don't need to physically login to fix the site. I just hope that they come back soon to get this issue resolved.

swark34
September 23, 2013, 8:16 AM
Yea i hate this hacking thing. Besides fb and porn sites. This forum is one of my favorite sites and i just hate that some jerk thinks thatits funny to mess with a good site

Shin Starlord
September 23, 2013, 1:00 PM
If they're the webmasters, they shouldn't have any trouble fixing it. I can just imagine it would take a really long time, and it might be useless considering our hacker would have another chance to strike back. So I don't blame them. We just have to use web history for now.

thwalker13
September 23, 2013, 3:59 PM
I've been getting in through the "Cool Gundam Stuff" area. Then using the back door for Mods to navigate the forum. I know this won't work for everyone. But it's what I've been doing.

Dlinker
September 23, 2013, 5:33 PM
A combination of bookmarking the New Posts link and then clicking the "What's New" link is what does it for me. Works smoothly so far.

Bossguy
September 23, 2013, 5:41 PM
I've been getting everywhere by going into the "New Posts" section, and then using the search bar.

Zeta-G
September 24, 2013, 1:01 AM
To the mods: Since you can't get ahold of m1ck3y and/or asterisk have you tried asking GSAM directly if they they are working on resolving the situation?

Polaris Gundam
September 26, 2013, 8:13 PM
OH NO! What the hell happened to my Gundam Forums? I leave for a couple months and I find this?
Unacceptable! I'm taking my FanFic down. (just as I was about to continue it to)
I hate the Jackass's on the Internet!

thwalker13
September 27, 2013, 11:49 AM
To the mods: Since you can't get ahold of m1ck3y and/or asterisk have you tried asking GSAM directly if they they are working on resolving the situation?

Yes I have. I did so a few days ago.

Dangerous_D
September 30, 2013, 8:53 PM
seriously wtf

Dangerous_D
October 2, 2013, 10:04 PM
anyword when the forum is going to be fixed

Bossguy
October 2, 2013, 10:07 PM
Nope, not yet. They're currently updating the site.

Dlinker
October 3, 2013, 12:51 AM
Nope, not yet. They're currently updating the site.

Really? Who did you hear this piece of good news from?

thwalker13
October 3, 2013, 8:24 AM
I'd also like to know. And the hacked status still remains.

Kenico
October 3, 2013, 9:40 AM
I think this has something to do with it -> http://gundamforums.com/

BTW: if there is anybody who can do what they need ya to do...PLEASE APPLY! :D

thwalker13
October 3, 2013, 12:32 PM
Woohoo progress!

Brotzmann
October 3, 2013, 1:18 PM
I think this has something to do with it -> http://gundamforums.com/

BTW: if there is anybody who can do what they need ya to do...PLEASE APPLY! :D

Yasss! Finally!

Zeta-G
October 4, 2013, 12:59 AM
Took long enough. It's been over a month since the forum was first hacked.

Kenico
October 4, 2013, 1:06 AM
Well, better late than never huh. :3...

Theory: I think that's why Mickey and Asterisk have been absent for a while...theyre assisting in looking for a new guy to help them with the update, any takers?

Zeta-G
October 4, 2013, 2:47 AM
Sounds possible, at least for m1ck3y; he's a web developer after all. As for Asterisk, I don't know if he knows people in those circles or not. I hope you're right though.

thwalker13
October 4, 2013, 7:37 AM
I asked a web designer I know yesterday if she had any experience with vBulletin. She said no. :(

Kenico
October 4, 2013, 11:28 AM
*slams fist down on desk* DAMN! lol

Well theyre are more out there...

Zaku
October 11, 2013, 11:44 PM
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2053920/hackers-exploit-vbulletin-vulnerability-to-inject-rogue-administrator-accounts.html

Relevant

Dangerous_D
October 13, 2013, 10:52 PM
this is annoying, please fix the site already

Exia
October 14, 2013, 2:04 AM
this is annoying, please fix the site already

Dude, relax. What do you think they're trying to do?

Dangerous_D
October 14, 2013, 2:21 AM
almost 3 months now

Exia
October 14, 2013, 2:41 AM
almost 3 months now

I started the thread September 1st, it's barely been a month and a half. Unless you happen to be a secret expert on vBulletin then keep it to yourself. We're all annoyed the forum's hacked. Bitching about it without any useful information is completely pointless.

thwalker13
October 14, 2013, 8:00 AM
Exia has a point guys. I know we are all frustrated over this. Myself included, but right now there isn't much that we can do other than to simply be patient and hope the problems get resolved soon. Arguing over it isn't going to help anything.

Dangerous_D if you don't feel same here on the please feel free to make an account on HobbyLink.TV and join our refuge group there. Bossguy, Dlinker, and a few others are admins there and can add you in.

Dangerous_D
October 14, 2013, 1:00 PM
I logged in on aug 31st and that's when I noticed it

Zaku
October 18, 2013, 2:50 AM
I just finished building a rifle in 300 winchester magnum based on a model 770 if anyone can find out where he lives id really enjoy trying out my new toy

thwalker13
October 18, 2013, 11:57 AM
Though I wouldn't condone it, I have had the thought myself.

extend
October 20, 2013, 10:26 AM
Hands or fingers...

So that he cannot hack again...

Zaku
October 21, 2013, 4:50 AM
Burn them off one at a time with a torch. Finger by finger knuckle by knuckle. Or i can shoot em off with my new rifle inch by inch. At a thousand yards lol

Zeta-G
October 21, 2013, 12:16 PM
I prefer pliers and hobby knives. We're modelers, damn it! We should use the tools of our trade against our enimies! ;)

In all seriousness, while it might be fun to joke about it, using violence is not the appropriate response.

Bossguy
October 21, 2013, 1:59 PM
Zeta-G has an excellent point. Also, if the hacker reads this thread, then you're just adding fuel to the fire when you say: "I'm gonna kill him!" If he's anything like gamers, he'll take that as a challenge and just hack this site all the more.

Zaku
October 21, 2013, 6:34 PM
True we have to out strategize the hacker. A smile on our faces but a dagger behind our backs.

Dangerous_D
October 22, 2013, 2:24 AM
if I find the cocksucker I'll fucking end him

thwalker13
October 22, 2013, 7:51 AM
Easy guys, cool it down. We don't need to add any fuel to this fire. If the guy sees that he's getting under our skin then we are just buying into what he wants. We mustn't feed the trolls.

Zeta-G
October 22, 2013, 12:35 PM
Listen to the moderator, folks. He speaks the truth.

Zeon's RedComet
October 22, 2013, 1:09 PM
@People talking about ending him or shooting him etc.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15753897.jpg

Dangerous_D
October 23, 2013, 6:30 AM
I'll make his life a living hell

Zaku
October 23, 2013, 7:42 AM
Lol no troll food here btw ammo is too expensive. Especially 300 Win Mag i should have built a 338 lapua mag maybe ill do that next

Zeta-G
October 23, 2013, 3:01 PM
Okay, seriously dudes, stop with the macho posturing. You keyboard warriors aren't going to do anything to the hacker, so just stop with the empty threats already. You've already been told to knock it off by the mod, so just do it already.

Dlinker
October 23, 2013, 3:38 PM
It may have ticked off the hacker already. Now we're getting malware warnings again (or at least I was yesterday evening on my home laptop).

thwalker13
October 23, 2013, 3:44 PM
I have not been able to check the forum on a computer in awhile now. Been relying on my phone.

Thanks for the support Zeta-G.

Guys, nothing good is going to come out of acting like macho killers on the forum. We all are adults and I have high respect for each of you. Right now we need to act like the mature members I know we are and let the hacker be the immature internet troll hat he is. So let's drop the "I'd kill him if I knew where he lived" BS and get back to what we are all here for. Gundam and Gunpla.

Bossguy
October 23, 2013, 6:22 PM
^ Exactly.

Kenico
October 23, 2013, 6:57 PM
Yeah Walkers right. besides, im a traditionalist...DROP A COLONY ON HIS ASS!

Just kiddin! Just kiddin! I had to do it lol Sorry lol. But seriously, lets just let it go and hope the big wigs upstairs are fixin the problem.

Zeta-G
October 23, 2013, 9:10 PM
So does anyone know if the admins have taken the steps outlined in the article linked a couple of pages back?

thwalker13
October 24, 2013, 7:52 AM
I haven't heard a thing from any of the other mods or the admins since the issue began. I wish I had more info, but I don't.

Kenico
October 24, 2013, 8:05 AM
I have an idea, cant we just call them via GSAM? or has that option already been persued?

Dlinker
October 24, 2013, 10:44 AM
I believe thwalker13 already called them about it some weeks ago.

thwalker13
October 24, 2013, 10:48 AM
I sent them an email. But never heard anything back. I think that will be my next coarse of action.

alphachruch
October 24, 2013, 7:14 PM
Btw the best fix for this is use the app tapatalk.

Dlinker
October 25, 2013, 1:35 AM
I sent them an email. But never heard anything back. I think that will be my next coarse of action.

Really? Huh, I always thought you gave them a ring already, haha.

thwalker13
October 25, 2013, 7:35 AM
I'm going to attempt a phone call on my lunch hour today. Hopefully I can get somewhere.

Rowdain
October 25, 2013, 10:02 PM
So walker what happened with the call?

V0LTES-V01
October 25, 2013, 10:51 PM
It seems that another Gundam Forum fell victim to the hackers' ploy. And it's quite interesting that it happened during the time our forum was vandalized.

Click [here] (http://www.gundam-forum.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1253-ATTENTION-ALL-MEMBERS-Regarding-last-nights-hacking-incident) for their report. They managed to remedy the hack.

Zeta-G
October 26, 2013, 10:16 AM
Okay, who was it!? The Eva fanboys? The Macross lovers? Colonies need to be dropped!

In all seriousness, I noticed that the other forum also uses vbulletin. I'm wondering if both sites were hacked using the exploit described in the article a couple of pages back. If so it sounds like there's an easy (temporary) fix, assuming we could contact our administrators.

Any progress on that walker?

thwalker13
October 26, 2013, 10:53 AM
Wish our admins and webmaster was that quick at getting shit done. As for the phone call, I called multiple times with no answer. I've had this issue multiple times before in the past with trying to call GS&M. I will keep trying, and once I get ahold of someone, you guys will be the 1st to know.

Zaku
October 29, 2013, 9:48 PM
Damn guys i figured u knew i was kidding. Chill its all good im not gonna fly off the handle theyd take my conceal permit n throw me in jail then toss away the key. I do love the colony idea though. I hope once everythig gets fixed people start comeing back it feels empty.

Rowdain
October 29, 2013, 10:04 PM
I know right zaku, but we can't really do anything.

Zaku
October 29, 2013, 10:25 PM
right all we can do is hope they can fix it. Oh well

V0LTES-V01
October 29, 2013, 10:57 PM
Just hit them up with an e-mail a few moments ago. It is worth the try.

Zaku
October 29, 2013, 11:06 PM
Good luck brother.

thwalker13
October 29, 2013, 11:46 PM
I've called GS&M multiple times every day this week. And all I've heard so far is their automated voicemail.

Zaku
October 30, 2013, 1:00 AM
Is gs&m Gundam store and more? Or some kinky kinda crap? Lol

thwalker13
October 30, 2013, 7:44 AM
GS&M is in fact Gundam Store and More. They are the sponsor of the forum. I've been trying to get in contact with someone there to inquire about the situation. But it would seem my efforts are futile.

Exia
October 30, 2013, 7:50 AM
Maybe try PMing m1ck3y?

Brotzmann
October 30, 2013, 8:14 AM
Maybe someone already mentioned this here but I noticed this on the GS&M store site. They are finally restocking and getting back in the game. It's nice to see them back!

"The Gundam Forums site is being repaired. It was hacked a few weeks back, but a developer is now working on making sure www.gundamforums.com will be up and running again smoothly."

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/hotnefrgusta.html

Bossguy
October 30, 2013, 11:10 AM
Thank you GSAM.

Dlinker
October 30, 2013, 1:02 PM
That's promising. Now it's a waiting game to see if they'll carry out that promise.

Kenico
October 30, 2013, 5:06 PM
Praise the Maker! Now all we do is sit and wait...

Rowdain
October 30, 2013, 6:41 PM
I trust GSAM, they'll come through. It's just a matter of when but I feel like it'll be repaired soon.

Zaku
October 30, 2013, 8:35 PM
Cool when i was in middle school my mom used to buy a gundam model from them and use it as bait to get me to work harder lol. (Im 25 now) Im so glad to hear theyre geting back into it. And hell yea im so happy to hear there on it and it will get fixed.

thwalker13
October 31, 2013, 7:55 AM
Thanks for posting that Brotzmann. I'm glad they are taking notice and trying to get things fixed. Like Ken said. It's just a waiting game now.

Also glad to see that GS&M has finally gotten in a shipment of items. I read they are wanting to get a pre-order feature going. Would be nice to pre-order stuff from them. Maybe I can finally get some decent use out of my membership.

PaladinGundam
November 2, 2013, 11:39 PM
I swear the forum is more hacked. how is that even possible?
The brony thing is gone but...fricken pop ups.

Bossguy
November 2, 2013, 11:49 PM
Yeah, I have them too. Every time I access the forum through Google Search, it redirects me to some suspicious site.

PaladinGundam
November 2, 2013, 11:54 PM
i aint trusting it either.
I can only do this safely with my i pad

Zaku
November 3, 2013, 12:51 AM
Mmm Dat ass

thwalker13
November 3, 2013, 10:59 AM
It was doing that for me. But I just accessed the site via my wife's laptop and got another Malware alert.

PaladinGundam
November 3, 2013, 12:32 PM
Now harmful programs are wandering around the forum unless you use a Mac or I pad.
Uploading pictures are a bitch when using an i pad.

Rowdain
November 3, 2013, 12:34 PM
So, decided to test out and see which links get re-directed to the suspicious site ( which is a pop-up hell hole) and it seems to be that it's usually through the portals through the google search engine ( Gundam Model Kits, Works-in Progress,etc)

Once again, small-fry work mainly re-routing portals to malicious sites ( the site in question at least the one I've got is a file back-up scam) my suggestion is disable java scripts and try to only use the forum through tapatalk.

I'm going to look more in to how deep the damage is just out of curiosity as well as to help others.

thwalker13
November 4, 2013, 9:11 AM
I use a favorited link to the "New Posts" tab. However I have experienced that malware site. Extremely aggravating.

V0LTES-V01
November 4, 2013, 11:44 AM
Well I did not get a response from the mail I sent. I guess it's back to the waiting game LOL.

Zeta-G
November 6, 2013, 2:06 PM
It'd be nice if this got fixed sometime within calendar year 2013. ;)

Zaku
November 6, 2013, 10:52 PM
Avast have at you

thwalker13
November 12, 2013, 8:37 AM
Attention guys:

It would appear that the main page has been fixed for the moment. This is excellent news by far. I'd encourage you all to keep your custom links to access the forum for a bit longer until we get an official announcement from Asterisk or M1ck3y that the forum has been 100% fixed. I know it's been frustrating but thank you guys for your patience.

Brotzmann
November 12, 2013, 8:42 AM
WooHoo! It'll be nice to have it working again.

thwalker13
November 12, 2013, 8:43 AM
That it will man.

Asterisk
November 12, 2013, 9:14 AM
Man, you guys. I've had no idea any of the forum was still up. I most definitely did not abandon you!

thwalker13
November 12, 2013, 10:09 AM
I'm just glad you're back man. Now hopefully things will start getting back to normal.

V0LTES-V01
November 12, 2013, 10:11 AM
Waiting game over! Yes! Welcome back Gundam Forums!

Dlinker
November 12, 2013, 11:26 AM
Really glad to see the hacked page is no longer there. Oh, front page of the forum, how I've missed you :)

Bossguy
November 12, 2013, 11:47 AM
This forum is up and running again! What are these tears of joy?

Wiz33
November 12, 2013, 2:50 PM
Yay. Now I just got to get back to building stuff.

Rowdain
November 12, 2013, 5:15 PM
I noticed the main page was up but google is still giving me a " malware script detected " so be careful guys until we get the all go.

Kenico
November 12, 2013, 5:24 PM
that's strange, I haven't gotten that from McAfee all day! :D

Dlinker
November 12, 2013, 5:58 PM
I think Google is still flagging the site as infected. The forum admins might just need to clear that up with Google and we should be all set.

m1ck3y
November 12, 2013, 8:00 PM
Hey guys--

I'm back on the forum! Sorry the site was hacked for so long -- I really wasn't sure what the status was but I'm back and getting things taken care of. The hacks and security holes are gone ( I think ). We're on the latest version of the forum now. The two things I have left to do are fix the minor template glitches ( like the navigation bar being choppy ) and get Google to stop flagging us as malware.

More updates soon.

Kenico
November 12, 2013, 8:03 PM
Glad to see you and Asterisk back on the boards man! and glad those "False Administrators" are gone as well.

m1ck3y
November 12, 2013, 8:07 PM
Oh yeah, fixed the Chrome problem :) Now to see about this theme.

Kenico
November 12, 2013, 8:11 PM
BTW, love some of the upgrades you did Mick, pretty cool and nifty stuff lol

Exia
November 12, 2013, 8:30 PM
Thanks. Forum looks great.

m1ck3y
November 12, 2013, 8:36 PM
It's getting there :) Let's try to get it back to its former glory.

Exia
November 12, 2013, 9:00 PM
Hey, compared to what it was when it was hacked this is great. When you're finished I'm sure it'll be glorious!

Kenico
November 12, 2013, 9:02 PM
Its glorious as is and will be epic when done lol

Bossguy
November 12, 2013, 9:04 PM
Yes, a worthy upgrade over the original.

*edit*

Although I'm still getting malware warnings on every profile.

Jfl0
November 12, 2013, 10:25 PM
Thank. Freaking. Gawd.

thwalker13
November 12, 2013, 10:53 PM
Great to have you back m1ck3y! I'm glad the forum is coming together again. Oh glorious day!

m1ck3y
November 12, 2013, 10:57 PM
Sorry about the malware warnings! I submitted a request to re-check with Google now that the site is fixed again. They said they'll have a result within 24 hours so just bear with me!

Kenico
November 12, 2013, 11:01 PM
One more thing: Is it weird that as soon as the Forum gets fixed somewhat members we haven't seen in a long while and more visitors come back here with a vengeance and en masse?

Zeon's RedComet
November 12, 2013, 11:16 PM
Lol I noticed that as well, I personally welcome the rush of activity.

extend
November 12, 2013, 11:19 PM
Boy, how I missed the look on the home page!

Zeta-G
November 12, 2013, 11:49 PM
Glad to see things are finally getting fixed.

extend
November 12, 2013, 11:56 PM
User profile pages are still blocked. I hope that it will be just a matter of time before everything is up and running completely.

Dlinker
November 13, 2013, 12:47 AM
Just tried this place on my home laptop and I didn't get a single malware flag from Google. Each page I went to didn't encounter it and it's a welcome sight.

The fact that it suddenly gets active just shows how much the forum means to everyone who takes part in it.

Asterisk
November 13, 2013, 8:45 AM
I don't know about the others, but I was checking every day during the hack, I just didn't think to check anything but the main page.

thwalker13
November 13, 2013, 8:47 AM
The big rush of activity is a much welcome sight. It's good to see everyone back again.

m1ck3y
November 13, 2013, 10:48 AM
And profile pages work again :)

thwalker13
November 13, 2013, 1:31 PM
m1ck3y you're awesome. Whatever you did has allowed me to get back on the forum via my work computer. I guess since you took care of the Malware issue the servers here aren't flagging the site anymore. YES! Thank you!

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
November 13, 2013, 9:37 PM
Yay I can finally get back on here! :D

Shin Starlord
November 14, 2013, 9:30 AM
Yay, it's back to normal again! This also means new members should be joining up, provided GF still shows up on search pages on Google.

My question: How can we be sure another hack attack will not occur again? Do we have any protection against it?

m1ck3y
November 14, 2013, 10:51 AM
The most important thing is that we have someone who can regularly update the software that this website runs on as they put out security patched. I've spoken with GSAM and they are in the process of finding someone to do just that right now.

Bossguy
November 14, 2013, 12:01 PM
Wonderful. Thanks m1ck3y!

thwalker13
November 14, 2013, 2:20 PM
That is awesome news m1ck3y.