PDA

View Full Version : SFA's totally original WIP thread no one else has ever done.

SilverFrameAstray
December 10, 2011, 3:04 AM
First on the list is my custom flag. I'm working on it now, so this should be good.

Here's the concept art and priming.

Kenico
December 10, 2011, 3:09 AM
Cant wait to see the final product

RX-78-2
December 10, 2011, 7:26 AM
This is gonna be awesome. When I finally paint a model I need ask you pros for color schemes!

Red
December 13, 2011, 9:19 PM
Oh snap you're actually going through with this? Sweet. I'll have to come look at the progress over winter break.

SilverFrameAstray
December 14, 2011, 7:45 AM

Failure.

Priming went done wonderfully.

However, the yellow paint was horrible. I kept some of the unpainted pieces for whatever reason. It was a cheap kit so I'm going to do it again.

And I was really trying not to hand paint yellow either. T__T

Kenico
December 14, 2011, 7:56 AM
Dont worry man. second third or any more times the charm lol

SilverFrameAstray
January 5, 2012, 4:47 PM
Finally Finished MG Sword Impulse. Which is now my favorite MG. Still haven't detailed it or added any Decals or anything. I will post THAT when I get done with it.

Also, my Garma Zabi's Dopp is amazing. Truly a fun EX Model kit. Also, screw you Squeam my dopps are still flawless.

I do however have plans to paint the Dopp in Michelob Rauer's Purple Color Scheme and I still have a Gaza-C to build.

Zeta
January 5, 2012, 8:03 PM
The way the Sword Impulse is wielding that Anti-Ship Laser Sword reminds me of my D&D character and how he wields his Great Sword.

SilverFrameAstray
January 5, 2012, 9:14 PM
The way the Sword Impulse is wielding that Anti-Ship Laser Sword reminds me of my D&D character and how he wields his Great Sword.

Awwwww yeah D&D. Although I had a Frost Dwarf who used nothing but Axes too big for himself. I'm sad that my group never played enough to make a full campaign or anything.

I'm upset that he doesn't hold the anti-ship sword that well with his apposable manipulators. I have to use the fixed holding manip.s for a solid grip more than half the time.

EDIT: I finished my Gaza-C (WHICH IS AMAZING BTW) and I'm painting my dopp as we speak.

Zeta
January 5, 2012, 9:59 PM
Ha, that's funny! I'm currently playing in my brothers campaign and I am also a Dwarf. Although I'm a Knight. But that Sword Impulse looks so awesome.

squeam
January 5, 2012, 10:19 PM
Awesome Sword Impulse poses, what a wonderful kit! The Gaza-C is something I'm trying to get Luna crackin' on getting done. Yeah, go ahead, paint up the "Derp", still not cool.

SilverFrameAstray
January 6, 2012, 3:01 AM
Just built the Gaza-C. I'll post pictures tomorrow. It is one of the best HGs I have built. Very new build style, solid build, didn't cheap out on crap. And it comes with an unnecessary amount of Decals for Zeon, plus it's own.

And my Dopp is amazing. I will summon my Dopp Armada upon you.

SilverFrameAstray
January 15, 2012, 7:49 PM
Yet another project.

Just a GM palette swap.

New picture.

Also, I love you Asterisk.

SilverFrameAstray
January 30, 2012, 2:03 AM
So yet another update. I actually just finished the other leg cowl and both are painted.

My new GM is all done say for some minor panel lining or so and some decals if I really feel like he needs them. I'll edit this post later when I take a new picture.

Also! My MR Custom Dopp! I liked keeping the orange interior because it was roughly the same orange as the main vernier on the Zudah.

One day I hope to get my whole Knight team done up and pose the four painted bits together.

Asterisk
January 30, 2012, 7:02 AM
Next time we hang out, I'll learn you some seam filling. Those ankle armor bits benefit from it immensely.

squeam
January 30, 2012, 8:16 AM
Nice-looking GM!

GNzaku0023
January 30, 2012, 9:58 AM
^Squeam
>Not saying anything about the dopp :P

Great work SFA! I really like that blue over the red. (And you should totally give it decals/stickers.)

squeam
January 30, 2012, 12:19 PM
What Dopp? My eyes saw nothing but a GM...

Gale
January 30, 2012, 1:40 PM
That's a very sharp looking GM(and dopp)!
I hope I can get to your level of painting skills.
Very nice tint of light blue

SilverFrameAstray
January 31, 2012, 2:38 AM
Thank you thank you thank you.

Yeah the seams don't look so bad now after the paint, but after I finished it I told myself the next kit I paint I was going to work on getting rid of seam lines. Try and take my painting to another level.

Oh and...

MY DOPP IS FRIGGIN SEXY

SilverFrameAstray
May 7, 2012, 7:02 AM
UGGUGGUGGUGGUGGU.

This is my newest project. Only better. It will be the Super GM to combat the Super Zaku. Oh my holy cow.

This was actually on a thread on /m/ of worst mods to gunpla, but good G.O.D. the potential.

GNzaku0023
May 7, 2012, 11:52 AM
Hahahahaha! I saw that on /m/ and I was just like "SFA needs to do this but better"

Joe
May 7, 2012, 12:59 PM
How did you tint the canopy on your purple Dopp?

SilverFrameAstray
May 7, 2012, 6:46 PM
How did you tint the canopy on your purple Dopp?

I didn't? That's the bare plastic on that. All I did was go over the crappy orange sticker lining in purple. Then traced the bottom lip with a light grey.

I think it's the picture. I'll take another one for you to show you.

SilverFrameAstray
April 20, 2013, 7:14 PM
Hollllllly Jesus yamato it has been a while. So the rozen Zulu is actually built now. I'll have pictures later. Thanks go to Red for getting me the kit. And on Monday I'm painting it with Asterisk. The dark purple is almost a brown and the collar and sleeves are a horrible blue. So yeah. Gonna get some painting.

Also, why on earth do Android pictures upload sideways!?

thwalker13
April 20, 2013, 8:44 PM
Not sure on why Android phones do that. But I am looking forward to seeing this kit painted up. Cause that is one awesome looking kit.

SilverFrameAstray
April 22, 2013, 9:27 PM
Let's do this.

Kenico
April 22, 2013, 9:54 PM
Thing of Beauty man...Thing of Beauty...

Dlinker
April 23, 2013, 2:28 AM
Nice, doing it all by hand (assuming from the brushes). Is that Model Masters Acrylic?

thwalker13
April 23, 2013, 7:44 AM
I believe that it would be Dlinker (judging from the white labels). This kit will awesome once it's done.

Asterisk
April 23, 2013, 8:08 AM
=D And I helped him pick everything out. I done good, me.

Dlinker
April 23, 2013, 10:41 AM
Oooh, can't wait to see the paint job. I've been curious about using Model Masters acrylic after reading some people having great experiences with it while others are mostly negative. They seem to have a better choice of metallics compared to Tamiya or even Vallejo.

thwalker13
April 23, 2013, 12:19 PM
I used some while painting the action base for my 00 Raiser. I had no issues with it at all. In fact, it worked really well with what I was using it for.

Squee
April 23, 2013, 12:40 PM
Looking forward to this, haven't seen many of these painted surprisingly.

Asterisk
April 23, 2013, 3:29 PM
I've been curious about using Model Masters acrylic after reading some people having great experiences with it while others are mostly negative.
With a couple of exceptions (I use Citadel metallics, some less common colors) I use nothing but Model Masters. Only issue I've had is with white. They have an off-white that works wonderfully, however.

Dlinker
April 23, 2013, 5:12 PM
More than enough evidence to convince me to try them out. Off to spruebrothers.com to buy the metallics that Tamiya doesn't have. I've been thinking of trying Citadel also. Heard good things about their metallics.

jayhat100
April 23, 2013, 9:25 PM
Really looking forward to this, I have been on the fence about getting this kit. Can't wait to see it being built and painted.

SilverFrameAstray
April 23, 2013, 9:37 PM
One would hope. I'm not repainting everything. Just color correction. Currently working on the shield. Should have a picture soon.

SilverFrameAstray
April 24, 2013, 1:17 PM
Here is the shield. I decided to paint the piping on the handle the same As the arm and actual pipes color. Also kind of like how the new purple is glittery. Dries A hell of a lot darker than it goes on.

I have a sample of the old purple, old blue, and grey that is supposed to be white.

I have no clue what banda I was thinking releasing such an amazing kit with such off colors.

thwalker13
April 24, 2013, 2:18 PM
I saw a video where the color alteration was explained. I think if you look at the official line art for the MS. That's where you'll find the model's molded colors.

SilverFrameAstray
April 24, 2013, 4:19 PM
Side by side of the sleeves.

SilverFrameAstray
April 24, 2013, 4:21 PM
I am really liking the blue.

SilverFrameAstray
April 29, 2013, 4:42 PM
Right so just stripped all the purple off of one of the shoulders. Didn't look as good as the other and it bugged the crap out of me.

thwalker13
April 29, 2013, 7:01 PM
Symmetry is very important.

SilverFrameAstray
February 25, 2014, 7:18 PM
So here are two of my 4 ongoing projects. I'll post more pictures tomorrow when I'm less busy, but here are my very clearly unfinished super GM and Gundam valkyrie.

SilverFrameAstray
February 25, 2014, 7:19 PM
6770 apologies for the double post, tapatalk is odd.

thwalker13
February 25, 2014, 8:54 PM
That Valkyrie is looking cool man.

Welcome back BTW.

Zaku
February 25, 2014, 9:01 PM
My buddys peer presured me into playing D&D... SWORD BOWWW!!!!!!...... I love my swordbow. Lol

Zenki_Style
February 25, 2014, 9:07 PM
Sword bow ? Lol sounds deadly, Love the thread name silver. Also that gm,I'm guessing that's a full custom?

Zaku
February 25, 2014, 9:09 PM
Just built the Gaza-C. I'll post pictures tomorrow. It is one of the best HGs I have built. Very new build style, solid build, didn't cheap out on crap. And it comes with an unnecessary amount of Decals for Zeon, plus it's own.

And my Dopp is amazing. I will summon my Dopp Armada upon you.

Need a Dopp pilot? Lol

SilverFrameAstray
February 27, 2014, 7:36 AM
The "super GM" (I'll come up with a new name) is made of two GM III 's and a seravee. If you have the two kits, I dare you to try and figure out how I got the legs together. I'll post pictures of everything I did to it soon though.

I changed the shoulders on the valkyrie and I'm adding a v-fin but other than adding a shield I'm not sure I'll do anything else to it.

And hey, it's nice to be back :3

Zaku
February 27, 2014, 4:36 PM
Challenge accepted!

SilverFrameAstray
March 4, 2014, 4:50 PM
Switching out the arms was easy since they share the same peg and pc design

I traded out the gn vents for verniers

Swapped elbow joint for a pc and trimmed the top of the leg pieces to allow movement

Trimmed and shaved the round shell around the peg to fit around the knee joint from the seravee. Traded out for a different pc in the top to adhere to the gmIII's vertical leg assembly from the seravee's respective horizontal assembly.

SilverFrameAstray
March 4, 2014, 5:39 PM
So now the legs are double jointed and the arms fold into knees that line up quite well.

And then there's the project of the seraphim gm. I've barely worked on him but I have a few ideas.

The chest is just carved out to fit, but I want to slim it down later.

I put two pcs together and glued them to the sideskirt piece. No big.

When I get my hands on a 3mm drill bit I'll add a pc to the backpack for him while he's detached.

SilverFrameAstray
March 19, 2014, 8:25 PM
So this is one of my other projects that I really want to start. It's my custom build fighters gunpla. It's a bazooka Zudah so naturally, Bazudah.

This was the first sketch when I had originally come up with the idea. I was still trying to figure it out and had no references to work with.

After learning that I couldn't put anything on the sides of the backpack without drastically limiting the arm movement I moved to using the geara zulu's (Angelo sauper type of course). I still wanted to keep the zudah's main vernier so I imagined I'd hollow out the center to make it removable. But that doesn't work like my brain wants it to.

With the last sketch I did I decided to make it a sleeves type zudah. Also changed some of the loading after some fiddling. Still a conceptual process.

Zeta
March 19, 2014, 8:38 PM
So this is one of my other projects that I really want to start. It's my custom build fighters gunpla. It's a bazooka Zudah so naturally, Bazudah.

This was the first sketch when I had originally come up with the idea. I was still trying to figure it out and had no references to work with.

After learning that I couldn't put anything on the sides of the backpack without drastically limiting the arm movement I moved to using the geara zulu's (Angelo sauper type of course). I still wanted to keep the zudah's main vernier so I imagined I'd hollow out the center to make it removable. But that doesn't work like my brain wants it to.

With the last sketch I did I decided to make it a sleeves type zudah. Also changed some of the loading after some fiddling. Still a conceptual process.

Ooooooohhhh. Very nice. Wish I could make sketches like for my custom Gunpla.

SilverFrameAstray
March 19, 2014, 8:49 PM
So removed the ammunition cylinder and carved a bit out but I enjoy how this fits.

Sleeves actually fit right on to the zudah.

Going to drill out the shoulder on the new zudah and add a polycap for the geara zulu's outer shoulder.

Started making a custom zeon rpg that uses the sturmfausts.

Going to sheath the heathawk behind this shield. This shield is perfect.

Zeta
March 19, 2014, 8:52 PM
That Zudah is looking great. I wonder if the Sleeves would actually have one in their arsenal?

Zaku
March 19, 2014, 9:24 PM
Damn that looks good. And im with Zeta on the sketches. I wish i could do that aswell. Oh amd if you meed anymore 1/144 zaku bazookas let me know. Ive got a bunch of them.

thwalker13
March 19, 2014, 11:21 PM
Wow man. That Zudah is looking awesome. I love all the ideas that you have for it.

Dlinker
March 20, 2014, 12:25 AM
Making those sketches must make things a whole lot easier in terms of customizing. Better than writing/typing them down somewhere, I think. Curious to see how this develops.

SilverFrameAstray
May 29, 2014, 9:26 PM
Just got a moment lately to fabricate the head for my Gundam Valkyrie. Have a slight idea for color.

Life's been a whirlwind as of late so I'll try and get back to these.

Kenico
May 29, 2014, 10:42 PM
First off Welcome Back!

Second, Can you show more pics of that? It looks badass.

Zaku
May 29, 2014, 10:56 PM
Likewise welcome back. And that does look bad ass. It makes me want to make a king themed gundam with antenas for a crown.

thwalker13
May 30, 2014, 7:31 AM
Welcome back SFA! The Valkyrie is looking really good. I love that custom head.

SilverFrameAstray
May 30, 2014, 10:58 AM
Thank you, thank you :3 oh man. A v-fin crown sounds awesome!

Bossguy
May 30, 2014, 2:16 PM
Really cool. It looks really unique. Such a thing could actually exist in 00.

Dlinker
May 30, 2014, 3:16 PM
Let's hope you don't end up with the same predicament I did when I tried to add extra horns on my 1/144 Qan[T]. It was all gravy until I cleaned up the putty a bit more, which started to crack. I bet it would look amazing once it's all painted up.

SilverFrameAstray
June 1, 2014, 10:39 AM
Let's hope you don't end up with the same predicament I did when I tried to add extra horns on my 1/144 Qan[T]. It was all gravy until I cleaned up the putty a bit more, which started to crack. I bet it would look amazing once it's all painted up.

Oh goodness that sounds unfortunate. Well so far it's just glued in. I haven't shaped anything in yet, but I hope it stays together well. It's pretty solid for how small it is.

Dlinker
June 1, 2014, 12:40 PM
Probably a better idea to glue them since that won't really crack as easily. Can glue be shaved off with a hobby knife? If so, that's even better. I keep regretting not attempting to at least try plastic cement when I did mine, haha.

Baufrin
June 1, 2014, 7:01 PM
Green stuff (Kneadadite msp?)is also an option. It's a 2 step epoxy putty that you knead to make it usable, doesn't crack and it is sculpt-able.

SilverFrameAstray
July 2, 2014, 8:23 PM
Found some free time and started painting Tempe Rozen Zulu again. Just finished cutting in the collar and sleeves.

Zaku
July 2, 2014, 8:26 PM
Looks good so far man.

thwalker13
July 3, 2014, 7:29 AM
Indeed it is looking good man.

Setsunason54
July 4, 2014, 6:51 AM
Looking sexy.

SilverFrameAstray
July 8, 2014, 8:32 AM
Thank you gentlemen thank you. Only I found out the older sleeve I painted is glossy and this dark blue is flat. Time for some repainting.

SilverFrameAstray
January 23, 2015, 11:08 PM
So it's been a while since I've shared anything. Mainly I've been stuck on fabrication and less painting. This is my "Missilai" or Missile Marasai that I'll have as my gunpla builders kit.

I plan on giving it quite the array of missile pods and the like, as well as making it amphibious.

SilverFrameAstray
January 23, 2015, 11:13 PM
However, I plan on the Missilai getting wrecked and getting my Bazudah as a mid-season upgrade. Which is a bit overkill and thunderbolt esque but ohhhhhhh man do I love it.

Got some help from Asterisk to fit the pack, which lets the Zudah's main vernier through the bottom. It detaches in the event the battle doesn't take place in space, as that joker would be impractical on land.

Still a ton to be done, but this is about phase two of the WIP.

Zaku
January 24, 2015, 2:37 AM
that Zudah is armed to the teeth. bad ass.

SilverFrameAstray
January 24, 2015, 1:36 PM
that Zudah is armed to the teeth. bad ass.
Three bazookas, a Faust rpg, dreissen beam axe, ground combat shield. I actually have two guns for it but I'm not sure about adding them.

Thank you though :)

Zaku
January 24, 2015, 2:58 PM
He needs a 120mm and a 90mm just to round him off.

Grime90Deuce
January 24, 2015, 3:59 PM
That Zudah is amazazazing!!!

SilverFrameAstray
January 27, 2015, 1:54 PM
Small update. Marasai now has smoke countermeasures and repurposed the armor from the forearm. All parts still separate.

Zaku
January 29, 2015, 10:22 PM
mmmm combat practicality. for land based warfare you can load those launchers up with Anti-Personnel mines.
http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Zaku185/Zeon_Motivational_Poster_9_by_spikerommel_zpstuvxu rie.jpg (http://s764.photobucket.com/user/Zaku185/media/Zeon_Motivational_Poster_9_by_spikerommel_zpstuvxu rie.jpg.html)

SilverFrameAstray
January 30, 2015, 5:44 PM
mmmm combat practicality. for land based warfare you can load those launchers up with Anti-Personnel mines.
http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Zaku185/Zeon_Motivational_Poster_9_by_spikerommel_zpstuvxu rie.jpg (http://s764.photobucket.com/user/Zaku185/media/Zeon_Motivational_Poster_9_by_spikerommel_zpstuvxu rie.jpg.html)
Now that's a thought :) I plan on adding cannons and missile pods but it's all still in the works. I need to invest in an airbrush. A new one anyway.

Zaku
January 30, 2015, 9:04 PM
you and me both. an airbrush is a priority for me. and some upgraded avionics would suit that thing well. maybe some electronic warfare equipment. and on the offensive capability side of the house funnels are always a good idea. i dont remember the name of the system but there was something set up for non-Newtypes to use funnes as well.