PDA

View Full Version : Knights of Solomon.

SilverFrameAstray
May 11, 2011, 11:47 PM
Michelob Rauer is this fanfic character I have who pilots a Purple Zudah and has his little troop called the knights of solomon. So, I will be doing the three kits accordingly, just Michelob's Zudah, and the two Zaku II's that entourage him.

Here's a sneak peak at what I have so far. I hate cell phone pictures, but I'm anxious and not waiting for GNZ to use a good camera. I will however put up nicer pictures up later.

Red
May 11, 2011, 11:50 PM
Looking pretty good so far. The copperish orange bit on the booster reminds me of the bit on the Hi-Nu's long thrusters. How is the Zudah as a kit by the way? It looks pretty bangin' and I'm thinking about picking it up.

SilverFrameAstray
May 11, 2011, 11:57 PM
Looking pretty good so far. The copperish orange bit on the booster reminds me of the bit on the Hi-Nu's long thrusters. How is the Zudah as a kit by the way? It looks pretty bangin' and I'm thinking about picking it up.

You NEED to. It is way to solid and flat out amazing. 15 bucks HGUC of one of the best designed mobile suits in gundam history. Good amount of weapons. Very pose able. It is up there on one of my favorite kits.

Ima do one more coat over the vernier pack. I painted that bit a little after the torso, so it isn't as dark. I'm starting on the arms now. I wish you could see the detailing in the chest a little better. Oh yeah, and I still have tons of decals and top coat to put on this when I think I'm done.

Red
May 12, 2011, 12:02 AM
Alright, sweet. I'll be done with school here by next week so hopefully I'll get to see it very soon.

SilverFrameAstray
May 12, 2011, 12:15 AM
Alright, sweet. I'll be done with school here by next week so hopefully I'll get to see it very soon.

Hell yes! Hopefully I'll be done with it by then. This is the first time i've ever painted like this. I enjoy it, but still nowhere near Asterisk level. Which I kind of slap myself for not asking him to paint it for me, but the fact that this is a product of MY labor makes it all the better.

Red
May 12, 2011, 2:35 AM
Of course. Doing something on your own always feels like you've just leveled up in life or something haha.

Asterisk
May 12, 2011, 6:46 AM
I totally dig that purple on a Zudah, man. I MIGHT have to use it on something of my own soon. (Purple Sinanju, perhaps?)
You know I'd have done it for you if asked, but honestly, I want to see what you're capable of. I'd be inclined to do one of your Zakus, though.
How's the finish on the paint, though? I wasn't sure if I'd put enough matte medium into it, since I didn't have time to test it out.

SilverFrameAstray
May 16, 2011, 1:30 AM
Mainly finished.

Needs an extra coat after I thin the paint a tad bit more, and some other touch ups, but is in it's final works. Looks so friggin amazing I don't even.

Will post pictures later.

After this comes the two entourage zaku II's. One of which will be painted by gentle sir Asterisk.

Asterisk
May 16, 2011, 6:27 AM
I am most definitely looking forward to seeing this fully detailed. Thinning your paint the other night was a definite improvement, so I'm eager to see your Zaku II as well.

Kamari13
May 16, 2011, 8:18 PM
I'm loving the purple man and it's looking bad@$$ 8-)

SilverFrameAstray
July 8, 2011, 6:25 PM
I am so terribly sorry. I have been procrastinating this for the lack of a good camera, because I wanted the unveiling to be a full astonishment or something like that.

But its been too long and I'm on to new projects, so I need to show you guys Michelob Rauer's EMS-10 Zudah.

Still, horrible quality, but the very day I take higher quality pictures, I will upload them. Also it was raining so I really liked the effect.

The pilot mini is thanks to my good friend Asterisk.