PDA

View Full Version : GSAM Holiday Specials

m1ck3y
December 2, 2011, 2:53 PM
Hey all,

I just saw GSAM put their Holiday specials up and wanted to spread the word!

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/hoitandpade.html

DragoninDisguise
December 2, 2011, 4:22 PM
I haz da happiez!

HensoNoOkami
December 2, 2011, 4:54 PM
i am still not in the christmas spirit

Kenico
December 2, 2011, 5:03 PM
i am still not in the christmas spirit

Dont worry...once the Eggnog spiked with good bourbon starts a flowin, we ALL will get into the christmas spirit...

DragoninDisguise
December 2, 2011, 5:52 PM
HNO, once you get a model...... you will change you're mind.

Kenico
December 3, 2011, 1:50 AM
HNO, once you get a model...... you will change you're mind.

(looks at the eggnog...then at the Kit on his screen) on second thought, ill go with DragoninDisguise's option. to Nefleheim with the eggnog...gimme that Kit!

J-muss
December 4, 2011, 2:44 AM
I think I might have to get me one of these specials.
Might be a little too soon but anyone care to share what they recieved in their holiday special package?

Also what is a "gundam head shooter toy"? Its something you apparently get in the stocking package.

HensoNoOkami
December 4, 2011, 8:26 PM
i'm under age and i have never had eggnog before and i don't really do models, i'm just to lazy to put them together and such. But i would take the time if it was a Gundam model

GNzaku0023
December 4, 2011, 8:43 PM
DUDE! HOW HAVE YOU NEVER had eggnog before. Fyi, there's the non-alcoholic eggnog, just saying. Hell I can't even physically drink alcohol, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the non-alcohol stuff.

HensoNoOkami
December 4, 2011, 8:52 PM
no i have never had eggnog and i know that there is non-alcoholic eggnog i was referring to the bourbon

Kenico
December 4, 2011, 10:41 PM
When i mean Eggnog spiked with a little bit of...oh never mind i sank that joke eons ago! besides, between you and me, Hot Cocoa spiked with a little bit of Eggnog (non-alcaholic mind you) is a sweet late night Christmas Eve treat.

Zeta-G
December 4, 2011, 10:57 PM
I think I might have to get me one of these specials.
Might be a little too soon but anyone care to share what they recieved in their holiday special package?

Also what is a "gundam head shooter toy"? Its something you apparently get in the stocking package.

It's a little SD Gundam, with a round head that fires out of the chest. I got a Wing Zero one back when I signed up for Gundam Club.

RX-78-2
December 5, 2011, 6:56 AM
So did I zeta-g!

J-muss
December 6, 2011, 3:23 AM
Well I just ordered a holiday special pack so when I recieve it I'll let you all know what I get. I hope its something awesome!

Joe
December 6, 2011, 8:01 PM
My fiance is planning to get me one of the mystery gift sets. I can't wait!

J-muss
December 8, 2011, 4:11 PM
Well I just got my package today. Over all I'm pleased with what I got. I recieved a 00 Brave Standard(have the over flag so this is a nice addition), I have the infinite Justice Gundam from Seed and although I'm not a fan of G-Gundam I got a Nobell Gundam... which at first I was disgusted but after looking at it I think it will be a fun kit and I think I can make some nice fluid movements with the kit for posing.

The really nice thing is that all my kits came with a stand plus the stand I recieved with the special! So I now have 5 stands, and only 8 models.... and 2 or 3 of those models I don't even plan to use a stand for.

I also recieved a Gundam marker in metallic blue which is a very nice color.
Then I got a blue 1/144 gundam stand.

I also bought myself a HCUS GM Striker and black fine point Gundam Marker.

elouisM
December 9, 2011, 12:25 AM
I feel a little silly those specials were pretty good , and here i went all grinch and blew 144 dollars on pretty old kits.....but hey those are so tough to get now a days it was worth it.

Joe
December 14, 2011, 5:17 PM
The package arrived today and the Mystery Box is sooo tempting to open up to take a peak!

ItsVince725
December 14, 2011, 6:05 PM
The package arrived today and the Mystery Box is sooo tempting to open up to take a peak!

Just do it!

I got plamo for Christmas from HLJ that sat around my room for two days without being wrapped and I managed to not build it, why not solve the mystery?

Skittles
December 14, 2011, 7:15 PM
I should see if they'll do a mystery box for me in person... a friend and I are supposed to drive down next week. (If they're open. I need to call tomorrow and ask!)

squeam
December 14, 2011, 8:02 PM
...oh yeah...forgot how much I hated you for living in such close proximity to GSAM!

om3rta
December 14, 2011, 9:48 PM
...oh yeah...forgot how much I hated you for living in such close proximity to GSAM!

It's a gift and a curse. I don't know about Skittles, but every time I look over at my Gundam collection I'm tempted to make a quick order because I know I can just jet over and pick it up :p. I haven't made an order with them in a few months now. I know I got some sort of Gundam related gift from the fiancee, but I don't know if she got it from GSaM. I did tell her I was interested in the holiday packages. Hopefully I get a mystery box as well. Maybe I should drop a few more hints.

squeam
December 14, 2011, 10:54 PM
I can see the curse thing. If I lived close enough to get there in even a few hours, we'd be broke.

Joe
December 14, 2011, 11:22 PM
Just do it!

I got plamo for Christmas from HLJ that sat around my room for two days without being wrapped and I managed to not build it, why not solve the mystery?

I can't it's my present from my fiance, she'd kill me. I sat around all day staring at it with an exacto knife in one hand and a roll of clear packing tape in the other.

*PFFFF* "You can just re-tape it, no big deal. She'll never know..." says the little fiend upon my left shoulder. *PFFFF* A divine figure appears on my right shoulder, "Oh no! No-no-no-no-NO! You mustn't ruin her surprise for you, it's not right. Where's your sense of integrity toward the one you love!?"

Stupid angels... I'll let everyone know what I get after Christmas :-).

squeam
December 15, 2011, 6:11 AM
I just imagine you pacing around the room like a tiger in a cage. Back and forth, staring at the box the whole time.

Skittles
December 15, 2011, 8:47 PM
It's a gift and a curse. I don't know about Skittles, but every time I look over at my Gundam collection I'm tempted to make a quick order because I know I can just jet over and pick it up :p. I haven't made an order with them in a few months now. I know I got some sort of Gundam related gift from the fiancee, but I don't know if she got it from GSaM. I did tell her I was interested in the holiday packages. Hopefully I get a mystery box as well. Maybe I should drop a few more hints.

I've never done the order-online-and-pick-it-up thing... I like going in and just seeing what there is and if anything calls out to me!

Sounds like you're closer than I am, though (or drive something smaller than my pavement-beast).

om3rta
December 15, 2011, 9:23 PM
Yeah, I'm about a ten minute drive away. I didn't actually know that until I went to submit my first order and noticed that UPS ground shipping was quoted to take one day.

I have been inside the warehouse and took a bit of a look around. It is very impressive. Rows of boxes full of plastic goodness. It's just much easier to figure out what I want online.

Joe
December 16, 2011, 9:33 PM
That's about how it went, Squeam. She got them all wrapped up nice an neat for me now, so the box isn't as tempting. I've never been very good at neatly unwrapping a present to take a peek inside. i always end up tearing everything up, so that's a no go. She did tell me that my action base is clear blue and my marker is red. I them proceeded to list off about 15 or so kit possibilities, she said I did name all three in the process but won't tell me which ones... Now, if only I could remember which ones I named off, I could go online and try to compare box sizes and maybe narrow it down further...

GNzaku0023
December 17, 2011, 12:11 AM
Oh but joe, that ruins the surprise :P

Skittles
December 17, 2011, 2:06 PM
Yeah, I'm about a ten minute drive away. I didn't actually know that until I went to submit my first order and noticed that UPS ground shipping was quoted to take one day.

I have been inside the warehouse and took a bit of a look around. It is very impressive. Rows of boxes full of plastic goodness. It's just much easier to figure out what I want online.

I'm closer to an hour-and-a-half, which is a good, safe distance. Ten minutes away and my place would look like the warehouse!

I'm much more of a visual, hands-on shopper. That and I love running around in there and hunting down what I'm after. I'm still a beginner Japanese student, so I'm always so proud of being able to read the writing on the shipping boxes.

userpay
December 18, 2011, 12:51 PM
So I notice that they mention that what they'd put in the surprise packs might change on a daily basis. What do you think the chances of getting duplicates if you ordered two at the same time vs one now and one in a few days?

Skittles
December 18, 2011, 2:11 PM
So I notice that they mention that what they'd put in the surprise packs might change on a daily basis. What do you think the chances of getting duplicates if you ordered two at the same time vs one now and one in a few days?

If the surprise packs are made the same way that the club packs are, they're made in advance and wrapped in black plastic (so if someone orders one, it just gets grabbed from a pile). The likelihood of duplicates might be high, since the surprise packs are probably made of kits they have excess quantities of.

When in doubt, call? I called Friday and got someone right away to make my shopping appointment for Weds.

J-muss
December 18, 2011, 2:41 PM
No it says specifically on their site that if you order 2 or more holiday specials at the same time they will make sure that you do not get duplicates.

userpay
December 18, 2011, 4:12 PM
No it says specifically on their site that if you order 2 or more holiday specials at the same time they will make sure that you do not get duplicates.

Ooo where does it say that?

Joe
December 18, 2011, 4:33 PM
I asked that question on their facebook page, they said they would work to make sure you didn't get duplicates.

J-muss
December 18, 2011, 4:55 PM
I asked that question on their facebook page, they said they would work to make sure you didn't get duplicates.

...yeah thats where I saw it, thought it was on the GSaM site...

Skittles
December 18, 2011, 4:58 PM
Oh, that's good to know! I know when I got my club pack, it actually had a duplicate of something I'd ordered (which was fine). I am a little more tempted to order a couple now...

userpay
December 18, 2011, 5:35 PM
Excellent. I'll probably end up ordering two of their holiday packs, probably #3's, and some other odds and ends. Gotta say though its somewhat irritating that there's no option to not include sold out models when you're looking through the lists and I've noted several other sites don't either.

Nice. Made my order last night and its already been packaged up and waiting for UPS to pick it up. I know its the holidays and all but even I'm surprised by that speed with normal ground shipping.