PDA

View Full Version : Homosexual Characters?

SilverFrameAstray
May 4, 2011, 10:43 PM
So, I am quite curious with this. There is only one person I can think of in particular. It isn't flat out, but I swear he is. Mr. Angelo Sauper. If he isn't so undeniably gay, then I am way off. Sincere appreciation for good zeon fashion, and the finer points of cosmetology. That and he is hardcore loyal to Full Frontal, and I may see some love from A.S. to F.F.

The problem is, I hate being stuck on Angelo Sauper. I want to believe there are other homosexuals within gundam. Can anyone help?!?

Just a reminder, this is not open for debate on how you feel about homosexuals or bisexuals or anyone else of whatever sexual orientation they may have. Any gay bashing will be instantly taken action of. I'm not even too sure on having a homosexual debate thread in the battleground at any point in the forum's history. I detest that kind of unhealthy arguing just as much as debating religion or politics. Simply, don't say anything if it isn't about helping find or determine other gay/lesbian/bi characters from all of gundam.

Kamari13
May 5, 2011, 8:17 AM
Tieria Erde and Ribbons Almark I don't know but something always came across about those 2.

GNzaku0023
May 5, 2011, 8:59 AM
Guin Lineford from Turn A was an Openly gay character, also supposedly the first. ("Laura Laura Laura!"):
[attachment=0:1vl685nn]guin_lineford_9548.jpg[/attachment:1vl685nn]

Skittles
May 5, 2011, 1:49 PM
One of the Gundam 00 compilation movies has an added scene between Alejandro and Ribbons with Alejandro in a bathrobe and Ribbons in his underwear. With a well-rumpled bed in the background. (Not linking, but it's easy to find on YouTube/NicoNico.)

The novels also have some heavy implications in them.

Kamari13
May 5, 2011, 8:13 PM
I knew there had to be something :lol: :lol: you rock Skittles 8-)

SilverFrameAstray
May 5, 2011, 8:43 PM
I could see that with the Ribbons/Tiere bit. They were innovades so they were supposed to be androgynous. I would like to believe Tiere and Ribbons are gay though. Nadleeh and Seraphim are too great.

Red
May 7, 2011, 2:53 AM
Tieria always come off as asexual to me, well except for the whole Lockon thing, but yeah. Ribbons I could definitely see being in a relationship with guys though.

Original Zaku
May 29, 2011, 2:07 PM
Garma always came off as Bi to me. His features are very feminine and he has a very small frame.

SilverFrameAstray
May 30, 2011, 9:44 PM
Garma always came off as Bi to me. His features are very feminine and he has a very small frame.

As much as I love Garma, I'd say he wasn't gay at all. He was trying to marry what's-her-face anyway.

Zeta-G
July 6, 2011, 12:09 AM
As much as I love Garma, I'd say he wasn't gay at all. He was trying to marry what's-her-face anyway.

Her name was Icelina; she was the daughter of New Yark's mayor.

SilverFrameAstray
July 6, 2011, 1:56 AM
Oh man dat realization. Thank you Zeta-G.

I was half tempted to rewatch the Garma ep's just to find out. What the hell, why not? It'd be nice to see Garma alive again >~<

Zeta-G
July 6, 2011, 2:20 AM
Oh man dat realization. Thank you Zeta-G.

I was half tempted to rewatch the Garma ep's just to find out. What the hell, why not? It'd be nice to see Garma alive again >~<
Re-watching MSG is never a bad idea. *hopes The Origin anime is a complete, rather than partial, adaptation*

SilverFrameAstray
July 6, 2011, 3:12 AM
They were talking about how they don't know if they were going to make origins a new series or just an OVA, one would hope for a full on series.

Zeta-G
July 6, 2011, 3:15 AM
Hopefully it'll be a full on TV series; I love MSG but it is painful on the eyes (unlike, say, Zeta).
Back on Topic: Tieria definitely seemed to have a thing for old Lockon.

SilverFrameAstray
July 6, 2011, 3:25 AM
Hopefully it'll be a full on TV series; I love MSG but it is painful on the eyes (unlike, say, Zeta).

Really? I didn't get that so much. I mean, I didn't make much of it, he was with Allelujah moreso anyway.

Zeta-G
July 6, 2011, 3:30 AM
Honestly, I suspect most of the Innovades are bi to a certain extent. The magnificent bastard (Ribbons) especially.

SilverFrameAstray
July 6, 2011, 3:39 AM
Honestly, I suspect most of the Innovades are bi to a certain extent. The magnificent bastard (Ribbons) especially.

If you go back a page or so you'd see a put in some thought over how they kind of are, being that Innovades are androgynous and all.

Zeta-G
July 6, 2011, 3:43 AM
If you go back a page or so you'd see a put in some thought over how they kind of are, being that Innovades are androgynous and all.
Sort of my point. I read the previous posts.

squeam
July 6, 2011, 7:17 AM

I think they just had the longest history together. They knew and worked with each other for longer than the other Meisters and had just built up a close friendship. Maybe Tieria wanted out of the "Friend Zone", but that's for someone to make a fan fic of :).

Zeta-G
July 6, 2011, 12:20 PM
I think they just had the longest history together. They knew and worked with each other for longer than the other Meisters and had just built up a close friendship. Maybe Tieria wanted out of the "Friend Zone", but that's for someone to make a fan fic of :).
Please don't give the yaoi fangirls any ideas, squeam.

swark34
August 3, 2012, 7:23 AM
I'd have to say Tieria Erde , Ribbons and Paptimus Scirocco

Jae102
August 3, 2012, 7:27 AM
Paptimus Scirocco

Pimptimus? What makes you say that? All the woman that followed him were pretty much in his harem,

thwalker13
August 3, 2012, 7:31 AM
I agree with Jae. I always kinda got that feeling from Tieria and Ribbons. But Paptimus? He's a player for sure.

Zeon's RedComet
August 3, 2012, 10:22 AM
Pimptimus? What makes you say that? All the woman that followed him were pretty much in his harem,

Exactly, the man got more a** than a toilet seat. There is no way with him I'd say. Guy has to be one of the most hetro charictars in any Anime.

Zechs36
August 3, 2012, 11:02 AM
I'm just gonna leave this here...

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m330/zechs36/Random/mechs-gundam.jpg

Joe
August 3, 2012, 12:22 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Quatra and Trowa from Gundam Wing! Trowa was probably just in it for the sex, but Quatra got so clingy after their time together in Quatra's Mansion hide out.

Deathscythe!
August 3, 2012, 1:04 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here...

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m330/zechs36/Random/mechs-gundam.jpg

I don't know whether I'll be able to withstand this grammar "mindfuck"

btt :

Has anybody mentioned seed yet ? Lololololololol

Skittles
August 4, 2012, 8:45 AM
Exactly, the man got more a** than a toilet seat. There is no way with him I'd say. Guy has to be one of the most hetro charictars in any Anime.

I could totally buy Selectively Bi from some of the scenes from Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, actually.

Jae102
August 4, 2012, 4:34 PM
I could totally buy Selectively Bi from some of the scenes from Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, actually.

Which scenes?

Skittles
August 4, 2012, 9:47 PM
Which scenes?

Off the top of my head, without access to the game/scenes, Athrun's mission mode.

ItsVince725
August 5, 2012, 12:38 AM
Ribbons has that part in the Special Editions where he's hanging out in just a towel and tiny shorts with Corner.

That, and the whole slow dancing with Tieria thing.

Deathscythe!
August 5, 2012, 1:57 PM
What about apolly? I've been rewatching Zeta and I've not remarked any relationship with women of his. Additionally, he always makes fun of Kamille's being familiar and friends with Fa.
I, however, do like him for he regularily peforms well and satisfyingly.
Liking him doesn't signify being attracted but being fond of him because of his let's just regard as "achievements in battle"

Joe
August 5, 2012, 2:18 PM
I don't think Apolly is gay. I just don't get that from him...

swark34
October 4, 2012, 8:09 AM
Ive been rewatching 08 MS team and I'd have add Eledore Massis he just seems kinda off espically with that purple head band or at the least metro sexual

uncleremuslegend
October 4, 2012, 8:30 AM
i don't get that vibe from from him...80's trans-am driving, mullet wearing, styx listening to rocker? yes! homo? no...

Deathscythe!
October 4, 2012, 9:44 AM
Ive been rewatching 08 MS team and I'd have add Eledore Massis he just seems kinda off espically with that purple head band or at the least metro sexual

Not really. Knowing he ends up being in a relationship with Karen Joshua, I'd oppose this thought.

swark34
October 4, 2012, 11:37 AM
He could be putting up a front ,could be in denial or bisexual. Just cause he homo dont mean that he cant mess with girls

Asterisk
October 4, 2012, 11:51 AM
You have to consider the time period, man. That was fairly normal characterization for a straight male back in the day.

swark34
October 24, 2012, 6:52 AM
Could M'Quve be added to the list. I think so

TheMeatheadGeek
January 10, 2013, 5:04 AM
i can't even believe that this discussion went on longer than it has. More than half of these slasher fantasies are in your guy's heads. With the exception of Ribbons, and Full Frontal's little lacky, i'd say everyone else mentioned just suffers from good ol' fashion anime androgyny..

Jihad Jack
January 10, 2013, 7:51 PM
i can't even believe that this discussion went on longer than it has. More than half of these slasher fantasies are in your guy's heads. With the exception of Ribbons, and Full Frontal's little lacky, i'd say everyone else mentioned just suffers from good ol' fashion anime androgyny..

Agreed,
M'Queve just has a thing for pots but not homosexual
Ribbons and Alehandro (however you spell it) has the implied scene
Quatre might be but thats just debatable.
Full Frontal's lackey...yup

I dont have any evidence in the matter. This just sounds like fanfic. No offence.

Tamerlano
January 10, 2013, 8:11 PM
I wouldn't want to be the one to comment on Angelo's sexuality, but, if he is gay, and he's attracted to a man with a permed mullet.... Low standards.

PaladinGundam
January 10, 2013, 8:18 PM
We are all forgetting that in Japan, men are commonly seen as feminine.

I will admit Ribbon does look a little...ahem. Fruity. But he is kinda like a robot. That being said he doesn't have a gender. So TECHNICALLY it isn't homo.

But that is just silly. Genders are confusing now a days.

Don't you forget that Gundams need makeup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yURQbA2HoEc

TheMeatheadGeek
January 10, 2013, 11:01 PM
i wouldn't want to be the one to comment on angelo's sexuality, but, if he is gay, and he's attracted to a man with a permed mullet.... Low standards.

haa haaaaaaaaa!!!!

TheMeatheadGeek
January 10, 2013, 11:05 PM
We are all forgetting that in Japan, men are commonly seen as feminine.

I will admit Ribbon does look a little...ahem. Fruity. But he is kinda like a robot. That being said he doesn't have a gender. So TECHNICALLY it isn't homo.

But that is just silly. Genders are confusing now a days.

Don't you forget that Gundams need makeup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yURQbA2HoEc

For. The. Win

Kenico
January 11, 2013, 3:14 AM
*Watches the part where Adam rates Kiras Masculinity...*

"Odds 5-1?"

*Proceeds to laugh ass off*

*Listens to part about loosing target (see Time mark 1:45 onward to see that remark)...Proceeds to Laugh Ass Off...*

*watches part where they boost Kiras masculinity odds*

"Now its 20-1?"

*Proceeds to Laugh Ass off...*

*Watches part where they increase Kiras Masculinity Odds AGAIN*

"NOW ITS 50-1?!"

*Proceeds to Laugh Ass off...*

*Watches the entire reveiw over and over and over and over for a good whole hour and add some other stuff not mentioned in this post...Proceeds to Laugh Ass off...*

Yeah, that pretty much was what happend after seeing this clip. So thank you Palidin Gundam for finding this...XD