PDA

View Full Version : Zollidia and old school cheap "HQ" kits

Larryhagmansliver
November 26, 2011, 6:25 PM
So I bought an old Gundam model off ebay for cheap because it looked cool to me, a Zollidia. Man, Gundam kits have come a long way.

These older kits are available on ebay for next to nothing, and I guess I know why now.
Just some observations - it says 1/144 scale on the box, but it was wayyyyy smaller than today's HG's that are also supposed to be 1/144. Also, if you're spoiled like me with leaving these things the same color out of the box, there's a lot more work involved in the way of painting to make one of these HQ models look good. Hope you have a steady hand! There arent many parts involved, so the actual building of one doesn't take a whole lot of time, its just the painting that takes a while.

I'll post some pics if anyone is interested, I guess I'm just sharing because although I also have a Vayeate on order, I don't think I'd ever buy one of these again. I really didn't know what I was getting. The Zollidia is a really cool looking design, but the kit quality overall is just subpar when compared to todays stuff.

Just my thoughts

Exia
November 26, 2011, 6:48 PM
Those are classed as NG, no grade. And NGs are really the only way to get old Wing kits, since they've done some new G and X kits.