PDA

View Full Version : Pg mkii

ronpage29
July 22, 2013, 6:14 PM
Well it is finally done. Well actually about 90 percent done. I made the mistake of spraying krylon matte coat on the left leg which discolored the plastic as well as my previously painted parts. Repainted those and the 10 percent left is the unner frame. I know that should be more than 10 percent but it makes me feel better! Anyways here it is in all its glory. My first painted kit ever. I guess I should add that the pictures suck and I actually just gloss coated it with future. Enjoy.

Jfl0
July 22, 2013, 6:16 PM
Delicious. Mine is far from finished. It's assembled up to the backpack assembly- then I need to prime the entire enchilada and begin detail work on the inner frame, protect that, then get the custom wiring done, then work on the outer armor, then protect that. I'd say within a year from now I will finish it. It's a lot and with the potential move I don't have time for it.

Nice job btw

Zeta
July 22, 2013, 6:58 PM
So how good is the PG Gundam Mk.II?

Dlinker
July 22, 2013, 7:02 PM
Very nice work, from what those pics can show. How was painting the inner frame? A challenge or rather simple?

ronpage29
July 22, 2013, 8:21 PM
Well see Jfl0 I admire your patience. I did not paint my inner frame. I will get to that once I've learned quite a bit more about painting. @zeta if you watch the videos Jfl0 made about his build it is spot on. I love the MKII. However the issues I have with my kut are the joints in the legs and feet. They are quite loose. I would have liked something more substantial to assist in posing without it feeling like its gonna tumble over. However..... do I regret my purchase? Heck no! This was a great experience. Though I have not fully painted it I feel it is complete for now. Oh I want to add don't ever... EVER use krylon matte coat.