PDA

View Full Version : Club Members

GNzaku0023
March 30, 2011, 12:32 PM
Didn't quite know where to put this, but anyways,
How many of you are GSAM Club members, and if so, which level do you have?

I have a gold account (though I want platinum) and it's been pretty rewarding so far.

I'm asking just out of curiosity lol. :lol:

Asterisk
March 30, 2011, 1:29 PM
You already know I'm a platinum member, but for posterity...

Zeta
March 30, 2011, 6:11 PM
I don't have GSAM membership mostly because I like to compare prices at other stores. I do this based on the deal I'm getting there. Although....

Skittles
March 30, 2011, 9:32 PM
Silver. Joined after a few months on the forums, as thanks for having this resource. And between the goodies and winning a $15 coupon in a contest, it's been a worthy investment!

squeam
March 30, 2011, 10:02 PM
Platinum, and it has been the best decision in my Gunpla life since buying my first kit! And has MORE than paid for itself!! :D

SilverFrameAstray
March 30, 2011, 11:09 PM
I put Platinum down already, 'cuz come the first day of April, I shall have it.

Lord Atmo
October 12, 2011, 9:15 AM
Been platinum since January. It's already more than paid for itself. I PURPOSELY order over $100 in gunpla every time I buy from the site just so I can get my free shipping.

I'll renew it next year of course. The free stuff I got with it would've cost WAY more than the membership itself did

SilverFrameAstray
October 14, 2011, 12:44 AM
So guys, I dunno who else is taking advantage of that 10% off coupon, but I should be soon.

Also, has anyone done the Gunam Scrabble game for the 25$ gift card? I just finished.

squeam
October 14, 2011, 6:35 AM
I did that Scramble thing in like 2 minutes the first night I saw it. OK, so I had to look up one of 'em on GSAM. I'm waiting for that damaged box sale...I scored some sweet Gunpla on the cheap last time!

RX-78-2
October 14, 2011, 6:59 AM
I am stuck on the kyuiamur gundam or whatever if anybody could help it would be appreciated!

SilverFrameAstray
October 14, 2011, 10:35 AM
I'm just waiting for both Monday (Promotion contest from the big boys at bandai), and tuesday for the new contest! Oh man, does want the damaged boxes! Lawlz. RX-78-2 that one tripped me up soooo hardcore. Still got it though. Have fun.

SilverFrameAstray
October 28, 2011, 2:57 AM
Dunno if anyone saw, but the damaged box sale is up for club members.

J-muss
December 6, 2011, 12:46 AM
So when you buy a GSAM membersip is that like a yearly thing or is there some other time limit that it lasts?

Asterisk
December 6, 2011, 8:31 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't paid beyond the initial payment.

squeam
December 6, 2011, 12:07 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't paid beyond the initial payment.

Same here.

m1ck3y
December 6, 2011, 12:15 PM
Same here.

Haha true of you all!

Ideally, the club memberships will be billed yearly. However, GSAM has decided that since they are usually behind on giving the club perks ( like coupons ) they are going to let you all keep your memberships without being re-billed until they fix their system. I know I'm helping them automate parts of the system right now so hopefully we'll have it all fixed soon.

They just figured until they hold up their end of the bargain, they'll let everyone keep their memberships.

Hopefully we'll have it all fixed soon and then it will become a yearly thing!

Zeta-G
December 6, 2011, 1:43 PM
Haha true of you all!

Ideally, the club memberships will be billed yearly. However, GSAM has decided that since they are usually behind on giving the club perks ( like coupons ) they are going to let you all keep your memberships without being re-billed until they fix their system. I know I'm helping them automate parts of the system right now so hopefully we'll have it all fixed soon.

They just figured until they hold up their end of the bargain, they'll let everyone keep their memberships.

Hopefully we'll have it all fixed soon and then it will become a yearly thing!

You mean hopefully from GSAM's point of view. The rest of us are fine with our indefinite extension. :p

m1ck3y
December 6, 2011, 2:18 PM
hahaha exactly =)

Asterisk
December 6, 2011, 2:48 PM
Haha true of you all!

Ideally, the club memberships will be billed yearly. However... ....they are usually behind on giving the club perks ( like coupons )

...we were supposed to get coupons? This is news to me o.o

Zeta-G
December 6, 2011, 2:56 PM
...we were supposed to get coupons? This is news to me o.o

And this is why we keep getting free extensions. ;)

Asterisk
December 6, 2011, 2:57 PM
Yeah. I'm not complaining.

m1ck3y
December 6, 2011, 3:11 PM
hahahaha awesome :)

Zeta-G
December 6, 2011, 4:36 PM
Just out of curiousity, is there a reason that the mods haven't corrected the spelling of "Members" in the title? It currently says "memebers".

Asterisk
December 6, 2011, 4:52 PM
To be honest, I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. Good eye.

Zeta-G
December 6, 2011, 5:08 PM
To be honest, I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. Good eye.

Thank you.

I would have caught it sooner had I paid any attention to this thread before today. I still can't believe that it was sitting misspelled like that since March, before anyone noticed.

squeam
December 6, 2011, 9:54 PM
Good eye.

hehe....cuz his avatar only has one eye! get it?

Zeta-G
December 6, 2011, 10:13 PM
hehe....cuz his avatar only has one eye! get it?

She has two. Have you guys heard of winking?

squeam
December 7, 2011, 6:14 AM
Ok, official retraction:

In a previous post, I stated Zeta-G's avatar had only one eye. In fact, she does have two such organs; she appears to be closing the right eye, thus creating what is referred to as "a wink". This is apparently a common act among weirdo, semi-creepy, fanfic avatars. I apologize for my gross distortion of the facts and request that my previous post be disregarded. Thank you.

-message paid for by "Supporters of Squeam" (S.O.S.)-

RX-78-2
December 7, 2011, 6:59 AM
Can I be a supporter of squeam? you should totally make that a group!

Zeta-G
December 7, 2011, 8:52 AM
Ok, official retraction:

In a previous post, I stated Zeta-G's avatar had only one eye. In fact, she does have two such organs; she appears to be closing the right eye, thus creating what is referred to as "a wink". This is apparently a common act among weirdo, semi-creepy, fanfic avatars. I apologize for my gross distortion of the facts and request that my previous post be disregarded. Thank you.

-message paid for by "Supporters of Squeam" (S.O.S.)-

She's also pervy. :D

WING ZERO
March 27, 2012, 12:58 AM
so whats GSAM's deal they still haven't shipped my stuff i emailed them at around 12 earlier today and.... no reply. like idk but when a customer just spent $175 at your store and you take the money you think they would get it done or at lease contact me. so far not a good experience with them but whatever.

anyone else ever have issues like this?

Exia
March 27, 2012, 1:19 AM
so whats GSAM's deal they still haven't shipped my stuff i emailed them at around 12 earlier today and.... no reply. like idk but when a customer just spent $175 at your store and you take the money you think they would get it done or at lease contact me. so far not a good experience with them but whatever.

anyone else ever have issues like this?

This is gonna sound dickish but, do you think you're GSAM's only customer? They're a business, perhaps a shipment came in? Perhaps you have more than one order to for them to process? Perhaps they're human and made an error?

All I know is when I've emailed them about a contest I won and didn't get a reply after a couple days I sent another email and one of the owners personally emailed me to apologize for taking so long. Just relax, they'll get back to you.

WING ZERO
March 27, 2012, 1:35 AM
idk maybe i'm over reacting but its just frustrating and i had to let it out

thwalker13
March 27, 2012, 7:24 AM
I had somewhat of the same problem when I ordered my Freedom and membership. Just make sure that you've gone through all the steps in picking out your free merchandise and they should ship it pretty soon.

WING ZERO
March 27, 2012, 3:36 PM
you know what i don't think i'm over reacting now this is ridiculous they are a professional business establishment and i'm not being self centered by thinking that i deserve better service then this as Exia would suggest, they are a business if they can't handle more than ONE customer or ONE order or because they are not organized enough to run there business when a shipment comes in then thats not acceptable and i would be seeking new management. I'M not trying to be dickish but where i work if any of those happened your ass would get canned in a flash.

i know everyone has a hard on for GSAM here and is gonna come to there defense but i order a lot of stuff online and i get better customer service from hood rats in the projects on ebay.

BRING ON THE HATE!!

Joe
March 27, 2012, 4:23 PM
GSaM is notorious for slow response time. And slow to update.

I joined their platinum club middle of last year. I've only ever gotten two newsletters. They had been doing a decent job of updating their specials and actually sending out a coupon like the membership description mentions until the holidays hit. There was supposed to be a contest in the club section in Feb, that didn't happen. Then the said there would be two coming in March to make up for it. Last I saw they have taken that announcement down and there is no mention of contests now... Yes, I get free shipping, yes I got a bunch of free stuff and that alone has evened out the financial investment so I can't really complain.

But they have made some big promises with their club stuff and have delivered on half of it. If they are understaffed and can't keep up with the club stuff, they should say so and maybe re-work the details of their club. I'm not hating on GSaM, they're prices are great, they ship fast (I usually get my orders two days after I place them). But if I need to contact them, I can almost never get a hold of them. When I DO actually get someone on the phone or through E-Mail, they are apologetic and polite and take care of me, but they shouldn't have to apologize because they should be on the ball, being polite, and take care of the customer anyway.

So while I'm not bringing on the hate, I can understand the frustration WING ZERO is experiencing. I still buy from them, they still offer amazing prices, they still give me my free shipping and have some good specials weekly and monthly, but Customer Service needs work and the Club Members deserve more attention.

As for WING ZERO's dilemma; it took me a good two weeks to get everything worked out for my membership. I bought the membership first and waited a few days for the E-mail with my club number. I E-mailed them everyday for the rest of the week. I finally got my club number and entered that in to choose my free stuff. I went to go place an actual order (over $99 to get free shipping) and my club number had not been entered into their coupon database yet. I called them everyday twice a day for 4 days, I talked to them on 3 occasions about it. The first time they said they had gotten a lot of new members and they are working on updating the system. Second call, "everything would be ready by x-day (don't remember but it was two days later). Finally on the third contact, the owner gave me his personal use coupon to get the free shipping so I could make my order and get all my stuff. It all arrived two days later and the next week I got a call from them telling me my number was in the system for free shipping. I hope you don't have to wait 2 weeks, but just know it could go down that way. Keep contacting them, they WILL fix you up and make it right. Heck complain enough, you might get a discount or partial refund (They have FUBAR'd an order and refunded part of it for me before). Good Luck.

WING ZERO
March 29, 2012, 3:33 PM
well i finally got my club number and i picked out my free stuff so hopefully that means i will get something saying my stuff shipped out

om3rta
March 29, 2012, 3:54 PM
I don't have a ton of experience with GSaM, seeing as how I've only made about 3 orders there, but if I were to offer any sort of advice on getting stuff done with them, it would be to call them instead of e-mailing. I've never had problems with an order seeing as how I've just drove over there and picked it up, but I'm guessing they would treat you with the same courtesy they treat me. As soon as I call, my order gets compiled, and they have it ready when I get there. My guess would be, if you have an order problem and you call them, they'd more than likely take care of it right there for you.

WING ZERO
March 29, 2012, 3:59 PM
i live in OR so can't really just drive there lol

thwalker13
March 29, 2012, 4:11 PM
Yeah I had basically the same issue with them. However I've learned that if I call them within a certain time frame through the week, someone picks up the phone every single time. So if I need to call them about something, I try to call them within that window. Yes it's frustrating, but at least I know when I can get through. And so far I've had decent response time via emails.

As for anything else that I was supposed to get with my Platinum Membership. I have not received anything in the form of newsletters, special offers, coupons, or any of that sort. Hopefully in the future they can get everything sorted out.

WING ZERO
March 29, 2012, 4:16 PM
i pretty much bought it for the free shipping but idk how often i'm gonna go through them if its always like this unless they have just a way better price or they are the only one with the kit instock which seems like they are pretty picked over on kits

thwalker13
March 29, 2012, 4:53 PM
Other than the time that I purchased my membership, or unless I place an order on a Friday. My order normally ships within 2 days. Most of the time the very next day. Which isn't bad in my opinion. But that might just be me.

om3rta
March 29, 2012, 6:28 PM
i live in OR so can't really just drive there lol

My point was call them before you complain, not drive there.

Although, I'm sure they would fix your problems really fast if you actually did drive across the country to talk to them.

WING ZERO
March 29, 2012, 8:04 PM
lol i woulld probably raid the place then burn down the building if they didn't lol

Gundamben831
October 6, 2012, 12:22 PM
not to sound like a dumb ass but why has no one listed a link to GSAM everyone is talking about it but coming from someone who is new to this forum I find it a little sad that it wasn't posted by the OP.

Gundamben831
October 6, 2012, 6:18 PM
?????^huh???

Deathscythe!
October 6, 2012, 6:39 PM
It's just somebody seeking customers. No idea what this is supposed to have performed already.

Gundamben831
October 6, 2012, 6:58 PM
I reported it hopefully something will be done about it.

Exia
October 6, 2012, 7:44 PM
They're called spambots. Just don't click their links and don't reply to their posts and the mods get rid of them quickly as they can.

Legatto
July 25, 2013, 12:11 PM
Does this still exist? This membership thing I mean?

And does GSAM do their 110% price compare with Amazon prime?

thwalker13
July 25, 2013, 12:16 PM
Yes it still exists. I have a Platinum Membership through Gundam Store and More. And I am not sure if they would do it with prime. As prime allows for free shipping on anything coming from Amazon itself.

Legatto
July 25, 2013, 12:27 PM
But yes and no: the price would actually be lower without prime. Amazon factors in shipping into the prime price. If I turn my prime off, then the price of the item becomes lower and you usually still get free shipping, just slower shipping.

How do you sign up for membership? What's the price? And are the sales that GSAM super good? Cause it seems to be a great option, if you basically stick with buying kits on sale all the time... :D

thwalker13
July 25, 2013, 12:36 PM
If you go to Gundam Store and More, and click on Gundam Club at the top. That will take you where it describes the different club memberships.

Ashrick00
August 19, 2013, 2:40 PM
Every time I look at kits on GSAM almost everything is sold out lol but I am a platinum member from way back when

DesertTiger
August 19, 2013, 2:44 PM
I was going to order from GSAM since I'm a platinum member, but they're out of stock of everything worth while and they don't know when they'll restock. I've moved to HobbyLink Japan and GundamPlanet with my last two orders of models.

thwalker13
August 19, 2013, 3:49 PM
I used to order solely from GS&M. However now that I order new kit a little more frequently than what I did when I was little. The fact that they hardly ever get in new shipments have made me move onto GGinfinite and HLJ.

Zeta
August 19, 2013, 10:21 PM
I'm sure GSAM wil restock (sometime, I hope). I actually don't like GGInfinite as the prices for some their stuff is really high (at least for me). I actually found a shop a few miles from my house that sells nothing but Gunpla. Their prices are good (about as much as I would pay GSAM plus shipping) and the guys that run the shop are really nice.

DesertTiger
August 19, 2013, 10:30 PM
I actually found a shop a few miles from my house that sells nothing but Gunpla.

I'm jealous! I used to have a comic place near me that had Gunpla and DBZ/Pokemon/YuGiOh cards and I practically lived there when I was a kid.

thwalker13
August 19, 2013, 11:15 PM
Jealous as well. I wish there was a place like that around here.