PDA

View Full Version : Macross or Robotech?

StarDrifter
November 12, 2011, 12:14 AM
I dunno if anyone else here is a Macross fan, but if you are, which version do you prefer?

Kenico
November 12, 2011, 1:04 AM
Isnt Robotech the english mistranslation of Macross?

and truth be told, i kinda like Macross if there is a diference. i especially like that mid transfomed state, that was a nifty little feature. my only complaint of the shows is the head wanst realling appealing to me (thats the gundam fan talking)

Larryhagmansliver
November 12, 2011, 7:01 AM
Huge fan of Robotech! It's what got me into anime in the first place many moons ago.

squeam
November 12, 2011, 9:27 AM
Since I only vaguely remember Robotech from when I was a kid, I don't have that big of an attachment to it. But, I have enjoyed what Macross I have seen as an adult, so I pick Macross.

StarDrifter
November 12, 2011, 12:55 PM
Isnt Robotech the english mistranslation of Macross?

and truth be told, i kinda like Macross if there is a diference. i especially like that mid transfomed state, that was a nifty little feature. my only complaint of the shows is the head wanst realling appealing to me (thats the gundam fan talking)

Robotech was Harmony Gold's version in 1985-86. They changed some names around, put some dialogue that wasn't in there, etc. The episodes essentially had the same dialogue, it's that Robotech also mixed in two other series with it.

Kenico
November 12, 2011, 1:34 PM
Oh thanks for clearing that up. but truth be told, ive seen Macross, and its a little better than Robotech.

Zeta-G
November 14, 2011, 8:27 PM
Definitely Macross.

Harmony Gold sucks btw.

StarDrifter
November 15, 2011, 5:20 PM
Definitely Macross.

Harmony Gold sucks btw.

I agree.

Like when they called Goku "Zero".

Kenico
June 12, 2012, 10:20 PM
the English Dub of Macross...(the ADV Version not Harmony Gold...which bites)...Rules!

i know its late so what macross still rules lol

gundam007
June 13, 2012, 7:13 PM
I must be ignorant, because up till now I thought they were the same.:oops:

CharAznable
June 13, 2012, 10:57 PM
The only experience I have with anything Robotech is when I played Robotech: Battlecry on the PS2, but I still quite liked it. I've not had any with Macross, but I plan on fixing that tomorrow.

Zeta
June 15, 2012, 10:20 PM
The ADV dub of Macross; which by the way is on Hulu.com

Note: Hulu.com is a completely legal site as they have the proper licenses to air the stuff. How do they get the money? Through the constant ads they air as sponsors.

Kenico
June 15, 2012, 10:51 PM
Just outta curiosity, when will the ADV Version of Macross get on DVD?

Zeta
June 15, 2012, 11:01 PM
The dub by ADV was made in 2005 and released 2006. I'm not sure if the dub is still out there.

KhornAshrem
June 30, 2012, 1:14 AM
i watched a tiny bit of both sadly i think they are the same i liek them both but Gundams ROCK!!