PDA

View Full Version : Random Encounter

Asterisk
March 16, 2011, 1:00 AM
Went back to my hometown to visit my bro4lyfe today and he offered to pay for dinner for the sake of sitting down and talking for a while.
We decided on sushi, so he's all "I know this great place up the street, let's go."

We get to the place and it's a fairly classy affair for certain, but here's the cool part.
By the register. Fully built. Fully painted. MG Wing Ver. Ka, just chilling in a rather badass pose.
I end up talking to the owner about Gunpla for like 10 minutes until we're informed that they're about to lock up.

GNzaku0023
March 16, 2011, 7:40 AM
Oh man that sounds just like you Asterisk lol!
That sounds pretty awesome actually, I love it when you can randomly start up a conversation about gundam and gunpla with a total stranger.

Gunpla: bringing people together lol

ZeonPeon
March 19, 2011, 1:44 AM
Oh yeah, that story of old friends and Fallout 3... yeah... How is the Super Zaku? Just ordered mine last night with SFA!

Asterisk
March 19, 2011, 6:26 AM
Once I finally built the actual Super Zaku and not just a purple Zaku II F2, it was kind of interesting. The back piece is kind of tricky to get on.

Kamari13
March 19, 2011, 3:10 PM
I would love to walk in to a place and see a Gunpla sitting there just hanging out 8-)

Zeta
March 19, 2011, 5:53 PM
I would love to walk in to a place and see a Gunpla sitting there just hanging out 8-)

That would be most excellent, dude. (to quote Bill from Bill and Ted)

Kamari13
March 20, 2011, 2:46 AM

That would be most excellent, dude. (to quote Bill from Bill and Ted)

And we're... WYLD STALLYNS! :lol:

Zeta
April 11, 2011, 11:03 PM
Apparently I just had a random encounter just a while ago. I was playing Modern Warfare 2 (my online profile name is GundamGuy15) and out of nowhere, one the players sent me a message asking what's my favorite MS? This all happening while in Sabotage Mode and just when I got it, I died. So during the re-spawn time I replied Zeta Gundam and he said Zaku I sniper type. So after the match we chatted for a bit and became online buddies :mrgreen: How awesome is that!

SilverFrameAstray
April 11, 2011, 11:27 PM
Apparently I just had a random encounter just a while ago. I was playing Modern Warfare 2 (my online profile name is GundamGuy15) and out of nowhere, one the players sent me a message asking what's my favorite MS? This all happening while in Sabotage Mode and just when I got it, I died. So during the re-spawn time I replied Zeta Gundam and he said Zaku I sniper type. So after the match we chatted for a bit and became online buddies :mrgreen: How awesome is that!

Dude that is amazing haha. GNZ has quite some horrid random encounters with derpy wingnuts. Not saying wingnuts are bad, derpy was just the adjective.

Zeta
June 4, 2011, 11:34 PM
So about two weeks ago, me and one of my friends went up to this shopping center in Garden Grove, CA. In there was a hobby shop with GunPla (20% off all Gundam kits) and card shop a short walk away. So after picking up my MG Mk.II ver. 2.0, I met up with my friend inside the card shop, and lo and behold... three of these guys are fellow GunPla modelers. We got into some discussions about kits and series and so forth. It was an awesome Friday =).

GNzaku0023
June 4, 2011, 11:44 PM
Maaaaann I'm so jelly of you guys. I wish there was a gunpla shop around here. It'd make things soooo much nicer

SilverFrameAstray
June 4, 2011, 11:52 PM
So about two weeks ago, me and one of my friends went up to this shopping center in Garden Grove, CA. In there was a hobby shop with GunPla (20% off all Gundam kits) and card shop a short walk away. So after picking up my MG Mk.II ver. 2.0, I met up with my friend inside the card shop, and lo and behold... three of these guys are fellow GunPla modelers. We got into some discussions about kits and series and so forth. It was an awesome Friday =).

You are now entitled to try and get them to join the forums. This goes as well for anyone who has any friends who watch or build. That's what GNZ and I do. We actually have gotten quite a few people into gundam, and then onto the forums.