PDA

View Full Version : GUNDAM 1/1 SCALE NO MORE?

Allelujah
March 11, 2011, 8:07 PM
The world’s biggest action figure is no more. Last night’s historic earthquake has leveled Japan’s 60-foot Gundam statue; the knees remain standing but the rest of the RX78 has fallen. Here’s hoping they’ll be able to put it back up once the more critical relief and repairs have been accomplished.

Until then, we’ll always remember you as you were, giant robot statue.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv310/Ryuk013/gundam-620x3111.jpg

source: www.techoat.com (http://www.techoat.com)

Zeta-G
March 11, 2011, 8:42 PM
The world’s biggest action figure is no more. Last night’s historic earthquake has leveled Japan’s 60-foot Gundam statue; the knees remain standing but the rest of the RX78 has fallen. Here’s hoping they’ll be able to put it back up once the more critical relief and repairs have been accomplished.

Until then, we’ll always remember you as you were, giant robot statue.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv310/Ryuk013/gundam-620x3111.jpg

source: http://www.techoat.com
It's a fake. According to several updated articles, the statue still stands. That photo was apparently taken when the statue was disassembled in 2009 (it was later moved to its current location). It just took people awhile to verify, since there were more serious concerns (like all the people missing/dead due to the earthquake and the resulting tsunamis).

Allelujah
March 11, 2011, 11:17 PM
wew. i thought its real. thanks for correcting it. :)

Zeta
March 12, 2011, 12:12 AM
It would have been devastating to Gundam fans everywhere if that statue did topple over. I'm glad it's in one piece. But the other wounds that echo across Japan will not be easy to heal. I think I'll donate some money to go towards the relief aid.

Zeta-G
March 13, 2011, 11:55 AM
Some of Japan's nuclear reactors have gone into meltdown. At this point I think Japan is just grateful that Godzilla is a work of fiction.
Even (South) Korea and China (two of Japan's enemies) are sending aid now.
Japan needs all the help it can get.

SilverFrameAstray
March 14, 2011, 12:15 AM
Some of Japan's nuclear reactors have gone into meltdown. At this point I think Japan is just grateful that Godzilla is a work of fiction.
Even (South) Korea and China (two of Japan's enemies) are sending aid now.
Japan needs all the help it can get.

True enough. Makes me wonder if it gets so bad if they'll just concrete cap it like they did with Chernobyl. Of course that still doesn't stop it from melting towards the crust.

Zeta-G
March 14, 2011, 3:35 AM
GSAM has a donation page up: http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/jaeado.html
There's also a picture of the Precious (I have no idea if it is current).

GNzaku0023
March 14, 2011, 8:20 PM
Turns out it is a recent picture, although it was before the events there.

It is sad what happened to Japan, and I really hope that they get back on their feet.
Especially after the explosion at the reactor. May god help the people in that area and I hope that there isn't a lot of radiation.

Zeta-G
March 14, 2011, 9:38 PM
Turns out it is a recent picture, although it was before the events there.

It is sad what happened to Japan, and I really hope that they get back on their feet.
Especially after the explosion at the reactor. May god help the people in that area and I hope that there isn't a lot of radiation.
Not to derail this discussion or downplay your heartfelt sentiment, but...

starts rant

. . . if God actually gave a damn about Japan (and this is assuming he exists in the first place), he wouldn't have sent a massive earthquake and tsunami their way (nor would he have allowed the nuclear reactors go boom). The Abrahamic traditions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) all believe in an omnipotent and omniscient supreme deity. This means he knows all and can do anything. So given the fact that the tsunami occurred, you have five choices: he is not all powerful (he is not capable of preventing it), he is not all knowing (he did not know it was going to occur), he is evil/malicious (he caused the disaster), he is indifferent (he doesn't give a crap one way or another), or he is strictly non-interventionist on principle (which would mean he didn't cause it, didn't prevent it, and has no intention of giving any aid). Those are your choices given his two defining characteristics. I realize that religious folks tend to derive comfort from their beliefs, but it really bugs me when they credit their God/gods for the good things and do not blame him/them credit for the bad.

/rant

Can't we just agree that they could use all the help that they can get?

squeam
March 14, 2011, 10:29 PM
There are a few other scenarios, Zeta-G, as far as God goes. I'll not get into them here.

I will say my prayers are with the people of Japan to help them endure through this time.

SilverFrameAstray
March 14, 2011, 10:42 PM
Hmmm, as a proud Irish Catholic I'm not very accepting of that rant.

Religion is like your genitals, keep it to yourself, don't go on about it unless anyone asks, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Keep your religion and politics in a thread designated for them.

RondoCiiSahaku
March 14, 2011, 10:48 PM
No kidding.
This is a thread that has essentially evolved into a "good wishes for Japan" thread, which is heartwarming and shows how people can be good.

Why ruin such a thread with a blown up rant about your personal opinions on other people's beliefs?

GNZaku00, I am sure Japan appreciates your wishes, no matter how you word them.

Zeta, you are the reason I lurk on here instead of posting regularly.

May God or whatever your main religious idol may be, help all the people affected by the recent natural disasters taking place.

GNzaku0023
March 14, 2011, 10:52 PM
Thanks Rondo :)

So anyways, I did make a contribution to the relief fund, and I actually got my family to join in too. Together we donated around $200 to the fund. I know it's small, but it's still something to help out. I also know that my mom is having her classroom (teaches 4th grade) make small relief packages to send to Japan. She also did that for the earthquake in Hati. I think it's a very kind gesture on her part. :)

SilverFrameAstray
March 14, 2011, 11:02 PM
I'm going to try and break into 3 digits to donate to Japan. Most of everything I enjoy comes from them, be blasphemy not to just watch.

It's like if one of your friends was hanging on the edge of a cliff, and instead of helping him up you just assume he has the strength to pull himself up.

Zeta-G
March 15, 2011, 2:14 AM
No kidding.
This is a thread that has essentially evolved into a "good wishes for Japan" thread, which is heartwarming and shows how people can be good.

Why ruin such a thread with a blown up rant about your personal opinions on other people's beliefs?

GNZaku00, I am sure Japan appreciates your wishes, no matter how you word them.

Zeta, you are the reason I lurk on here instead of posting regularly.

May God or whatever your main religious idol may be, help all the people affected by the recent natural disasters taking place.

First of all, I have no religious idol(s)/god(s), neither do a good number of people. I am however quite knowledgeable about Abrahamic religions, and the Bible in particular (I was one of the top students in my religious studies classes at college, and I was THE top student in at least one out of the five religion classes that I took).

I didn't want to bring this second thing up (I had assumed, based on previous discussions, that the thought pattern, indicated by it, would never even occur to you guys), but you (religious) types have taken offense anyway, so you've asked for it. The only way to square omniscience, omnipotence and God being morally good with the Japanese disaster would be to take the Fred Phelps view of the world, and declare that Japan sinned in some way way that offended God (the simplest reason from this perspective would be that very few Japanese people are Jewish/Christian/Muslim, and thus deserve punishment). I think this view is particularly disgusting, but it is a possibility, if we are to assume that the basic set of beliefs about God shared by the Abrahamic faiths are correct. These basic beliefs being omniscience and omnipotence.

Thirdly and most importantly, as I said before, I understand that GNZ meant his comment as a conveyor of good wishes. But the fact remains that, logically (given the Abrahamic premises regarding God), it is incredibly insulting to the people actually helping the victims to suggest that an all-powerful, all-knowing God, who knew about and allowed the disaster to occur in the first place (again given the premises), deserves ANY credit for the aid given out by HUMANS. Any rational/logical person can see how GNZ's comment is incredibly insulting. Contrary to what many of you seem to be thinking, it was not my intention to criticize religion in particular. Rather the (stated) intent of my message was that comments like GNZ's irritate me to no end, because (among other things) they fail logically (given the premises), if you've ever seriously engaged the source material (the Bible). I realize religious moderates (the majority of religious types in the civilized world) mean well when they say "God help them," but to those who take the literature/Bible/Scripture) seriously (be it the scholars who study it for educational purposes, the atheists who abandoned the religion as a result, or the religious fundamentalists who spew vitriolic hatred as a result), comments such as GNZ's reveal a lack of understanding over who this God really is (be it as ruler of the universe or literary character). I could go on in great detail about what a vindictive and hateful creature he is in the Bible (both testaments), but I will not. This is not the thread for it.

This is the thread for discussing the natural disaster in Japan and the associated relief efforts. Leave your God out of it, unless you care to explain why he was MIA. And give credit for the rescue and aid to those who actually deserve it, the people contributing (be it physically or financially) to the relief efforts. That's my point.
(And it was my point in my last post too, I was just nicer about it and a bit more subtle).

SilverFrameAstray
March 15, 2011, 5:30 PM
Zeta-G, I do hope you realize that most of the people in the United States...Europe...the world itself, are of these religions based on the old testament, and are at least praying for the peoples of japan.

Religion is not a logic governed practice. It is a spiritual practice, thus separating science and religion.

I just want you to understand, as strong as your points are, that:

1: we've heard that for hundreds of years, you aren't the first to say the exact same thing. Noah's Ark anyone? Why god, why kill shit tons of everybody for no real good reason? Acts of nature and acts of god himself have been separable, and are largely agreed on that one does not control the other.
2: You would highly discourage hundreds upon thousands upon millions of people donating and sending care packages to japan, who do so in the name of their religious beliefs.

This wasn't something to rant about.

I told you before that religion and politics are subjects that should be only talked about in a thread designated to do so. As a mod, you should equally expect that rule, as it sounds more like something you would wish to implement. Unless you do carry your work into your free time. Enjoy being a debatable figure, it's who you are, but no one said that they enjoy that about you.

Many highly religious people are trying to help japan. What you say, contradicts everything they are working for.

Zeta-G
March 15, 2011, 7:42 PM
Zeta-G, I do hope you realize that most of the people in the United States...Europe...the world itself, are of these religions based on the old testament, and are at least praying for the peoples of japan.

Religion is not a logic governed practice. It is a spiritual practice, thus separating science and religion.

I just want you to understand, as strong as your points are, that:

1: we've heard that for hundreds of years, you aren't the first to say the exact same thing. Noah's Ark anyone? Why god, why kill shit tons of everybody for no real good reason? Acts of nature and acts of god himself have been separable, and are largely agreed on that one does not control the other.
2: You would highly discourage hundreds upon thousands upon millions of people donating and sending care packages to japan, who do so in the name of their religious beliefs.

This wasn't something to rant about.

I told you before that religion and politics are subjects that should be only talked about in a thread designated to do so. As a mod, you should equally expect that rule, as it sounds more like something you would wish to implement. Unless you do carry your work into your free time. Enjoy being a debatable figure, it's who you are, but no one said that they enjoy that about you.

Many highly religious people are trying to help japan. What you say, contradicts everything they are working for.

As far as the world's religiosity goes, the rate of religiosity has been steadily declining as we learn more and more about the world (generally speaking, atheism/secularism rises as people become more educated, while religiosity is tied to ignorance; the US is the only significantly religious country among highly educated nations; Western Europe and Japan are actually fairly secular and grow more so with each year).

Religious belief is irrational, I'll grant you that. But that does not mean that we cannot examine religion through logic. Remember that, for the purposes of our discussion, I wasn't disputing the Biblical premises themselves; I was disputing the false conclusions derived from a faulty understanding of those Biblical premises. Big difference.

As far as Noah goes, God intentionally flooded the world in order to kill virtually every living creature (human and nonhuman animals alike) as a punishment for humans displeasing him; I listed that possibility in my last post. God choosing not to interfere with natural disasters would line up with the non-interventionist possibility that I listed earlier. Him being unable to stop a force of nature would mean that he is not omnipotent; again, I listed that possibility earlier. So where's your dispute? Admit it. I raised some points that made you feel uncomfortable.

I didn't inject God into a discussion in which he didn't belong. Your buddy, GNZ, did. I told him to cut it out. You're right on one thing though. I want people to keep the discussion of their God(s) to their churches/synagogues/mosques/temples/etc. rather than needlessly inserting him into conversations where he does not belong. He does not belong in this one, as I said earlier.

Finally, if someone is only donating to relief efforts out of a feeling of religious obligation (rather than genuine empathy), they are immoral. Period. A moral person does not need to be compelled into doing what is right.

squeam
March 15, 2011, 8:24 PM
Thread officially derailed. :lol:

Zeta
March 16, 2011, 4:20 PM
Thread officially derailed. :lol:

Agreed.

Kamari13
March 18, 2011, 1:22 AM
[/quote]This is the thread for discussing the natural disaster in Japan and the associated relief efforts. Leave your God out of it, unless you care to explain why he was MIA. And give credit for the rescue and aid to those who actually deserve it, the people contributing (be it physically or financially) to the relief efforts. That's my point.
(And it was my point in my last post too, I was just nicer about it and a bit more subtle).[/quote]

Who said he was MIA and not using this as a wake-up call ?? theirs my 2 cents , I am and will keep the people of Japan in my prayers 8-)

Zeta-G
March 18, 2011, 2:27 AM
This is the thread for discussing the natural disaster in Japan and the associated relief efforts. Leave your God out of it, unless you care to explain why he was MIA. And give credit for the rescue and aid to those who actually deserve it, the people contributing (be it physically or financially) to the relief efforts. That's my point.
(And it was my point in my last post too, I was just nicer about it and a bit more subtle).

Who said he was MIA and not using this as a wake-up call ?? theirs my 2 cents , I am and will keep the people of Japan in my prayers 8-)

I was giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and assuming that they weren't as stupid/hateful as Glenn Beck and Fred Phelps, but if you would like to take the WBC/crazy-Christian-conservative position, be my guest.

I did point out (in the very post that you quoted) that God could have sent the earthquake himself. In fact, that was sort of my point in telling GNZ not to drag his God into the thread. If we are assuming that the biblical God exists, under no circumstances would he have been unaware of the earthquake that set off the disaster in Japan, because he is supposed to be OMNISCIENT; in other words he has knowledge of absolutely everything past, present, and future. He is also supposed to be OMNIPOTENT, which means that he has the power to do absolutely anything. This also means that he MUST have either SENT the earthquake himself or was aware of it and CHOSE to do NOTHING. In either case, this means that he has no desire to help Japan, so don't waste your breath with prayers to him. It's a much wiser plan to actually DO SOMETHING (send money, go volunteer, etc.).

Seriously do any of you actually bother to read my full posts or do you see shut up about your religion and go into crazy apologist mode?

Kamari13
March 18, 2011, 3:55 AM
no , I read your post Zeta and don't assume you know what I have done or what I haven't done to help the people of Japan out and I see nothing wrong with prayers for finding survivors or was I wrong because I prayed for the people trapped in the ruble during 9-11 ?? As a mod you would think that you could hold your tongue or even keep your cool when comments like that are made , it isn't your place to condem someones views on their beliefs and from that long winded post that would seem your stand point on it. No I don't go into " crazy apologist mode ". But what gives you the right to use their suffering as a weapon i.e. "what are you going to do ?" when you do a thing like that does it make you feel like a better person ?? Because truth be told I had family over there during this whole nightmare , so let me ask you Zeta-G what are you doing to help out ???

Zeta-G
March 18, 2011, 7:17 AM
no , I read your post Zeta and don't assume you know what I have done or what I haven't done to help the people of Japan out and I see nothing wrong with prayers for finding survivors or was I wrong because I prayed for the people trapped in the ruble during 9-11 ?? As a mod you would think that you could hold your tongue or even keep your cool when comments like that are made , it isn't your place to condem someones views on their beliefs and from that long winded post that would seem your stand point on it. No I don't go into " crazy apologist mode ". But what gives you the right to use their suffering as a weapon i.e. "what are you going to do ?" when you do a thing like that does it make you feel like a better person ?? Because truth be told I had family over there during this whole nightmare , so let me ask you Zeta-G what are you doing to help out ???
Sending monetary aid.

The last comment was directed at more people than just you. It's not about condemning a person's belief in god (if you'd like me to do that, I can). I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is for Christians, Jews, & Muslims to be asking their god to help, since information about their god from their own holy books (books which are ultimately the core of their respective religions) show that he was fully capable of preventing the disaster and chose not to.

To address only the Christians for a moment: Jesus said that those who do not believe in him are to be gathered and thrown into the fire. What he is saying is that non-Christians are to be killed. Period. Japan is overwhelmingly non-Christian. Therefore it would be Jesus's position that the Japanese people should be killed. God the Father is well known for ordering the death, enslavement, and rape of the peoples who do not believe in him; he gives such orders repeatedly in the old testament. Again, if we go off of the Bible's information about him, he would want the Japanese people dead. This is why I find you Christians asking him to aid the Japanese people so reprehensible: your god is a brutal, bloodthirsty egomaniac, who hates anyone who is not of his flock, so why on earth would you invite him to meddle with Japan again? The biblical God hates them, he hates me, he hates Zombie Freyr (a guy who would love to pipe in, but is afraid that the two religious moderators would look for a reason to ban him), the biblical God hates the Chinese, he hates the Indians, etc. He is an incredibly hateful creature, so the fact that you want to credit him with any humanitarian aid given is disgusting.

It's not like the old Greco-Roman religion (or other non-Abrahamic religions) where one could assume that, say, Poseidon sent the earthquakes and tsunamis and blame him while trying to pray to another god/goddess to intervene and help the victims. The Abrahamic worldview doesn't permit it. There is one all powerful, all knowing god and nothing, including Satan, can stop him from doing what he wants to do. He either knew about Japan's incoming disaster and chose not to act or he orchestrated it himself. There is no third option, if we use the religion's own internal logic (as given by the Bible). In other words, I do not need to step outside of the bounds of your own holy books to point out why your reasoning is flawed; the books do it for me. In any scenario based upon the Abrahamic worldview, God is culpable in the disaster. It makes zero sense to ask him to give aid. What you guys are doing is analogous to a random WWII-era German asking Hitler to grant aid and comfort to his victims. Most sane people would want to keep the victim as far away from the perpetrator as possible and would bristle at the mere suggestion of asking that man to give aid to Jews/Gypsies/gays in need of assistance. Why? Because they know what he is: a hateful mass-murderer. And that is exactly what the biblical god is.

Normally, I do hold my tongue when people make casual references (as in not outright condemning nonbelievers) to their god(s). This is a case where standing by silently would have been a disgraceful action on my part (for reasons given above). GNZ had no right to bring that hateful son of a bitch (the biblical God) into what had been a peaceful, controversy-free discussion. My initial response was a polite, albeit forceful explanation for why that wasn't such a good idea; I even used reasons from the biblical text (basic stuff in fact; I deliberately chose to focus on the aspects of God that no Christian/Jew/Muslim could miss in even a casual reading of scripture).

And what were the initial responses (other than squeam's; he claimed that I had missed a scenario, I PM'd him telling him why I left out the WBC explanation [basically I gave you all the benefit of the doubt that you weren't like Phelps], before eventually adding it to the thread proper. I told him to feel free to PM me any scenarios that I may have missed, but I have not heard back, so I assumed that he was referring to the WBC way of thinking), you ask? Apologetics and hurt feeling card posts by the person I told to knock it off, his friend in real life, and his friend's girlfriend. Two of these three are mods. They should have known to keep their religion out of the discussion. Instead, they attempted to bully me into allowing them to insert their religion into the discussion with tactics such as ad hominem attacks, rather than making any serious attempts to address my points. Wrong move. Bully tactics do not work on people like me. People like me do not back down from confrontation with larger groups like most people do. We fight back.

My only regret in this thread (besides the thread being derailed due to religiosity) is that I wasted as much time as I did trying to use reason/logic with you people. I had assumed that you could be reasoned with, if I was willing to meet you halfway at "If we assume that the biblical god is real". Clearly, I was mistaken. Perhaps six years of college life has caused me to overestimate the average person's reasoning skills...

If I may, I'd like your responses to a personal question: how many of you have college degrees (preferably BA/BS level or higher)? And I do mean actual college degrees, not trade school certificates/diplomas. I ask because a liberal arts college/university education goes a long ways towards improving a person's ability to think critically and reason when given a set of premises, and I'm not seeing a lot of that here. Ok, I know that some of you claim to be just starting college, but what about the rest of you?

And as a final note to those of you who think that I was looking to start a religious debate due to how long & thorough my posts and reasons have been (I'm specifically referring to RCS, but the rest of you can take note as well), I have news for you: my posts have not been prepared text (I spent a lot of time carefully typing each of post specifically in response to others' comments in this thread; if my posts seem too polished or prepared for you, then it's probably because I've been debating the issue of religion for the better part of the decade, and I was raising questions and learning about religion long before that). Also, it was never my intention to start a religious debate on Gundam Forums (I have other, more suitable places for such debates; I come here to discuss and debate Gundam). That said, whenever I see asinine statements invoking God where he doesn't belong (even within a religious context), I feel compelled to issue the rebuttal.
I apologize for the length of this latest post; it turned out much longer than I had initially anticipated.

Asterisk
March 18, 2011, 8:41 AM
I'm going to keep this short and simple.

I agree that Old Testiment God was pretty kill-crazy. Jesus was a pretty cool guy, though. However, what you did there was respond to someone with religious beliefs by basically saying "your god is a dick". You outright picked a fight, and just as you're entitled to your beliefs and to defend them accordingly, so are they.

Kamari13
March 18, 2011, 10:33 AM
All I can say is I will add you to my prayer list and no amount of tongue lashing or rants will change my position on this.

Zeta-G
March 18, 2011, 10:40 AM
I'm going to keep this short and simple.

I agree that Old Testiment God was pretty kill-crazy. Jesus was a pretty cool guy, though. However, what you did there was respond to someone with religious beliefs by basically saying "your god is a dick". You outright picked a fight, and just as you're entitled to your beliefs and to defend them accordingly, so are they.
Oh please, they've been trying to pick with me a fight me through personal attacks for awhile (one has even expressed outright loathing). I just got sick of playing nice; i can only put up with so much crap before i bite back.

The Biblical god (YHWH) is kill crazy; truth be told I didn't even say that people couldn't/shouldn't worship him. Plenty of religions have vengeful gods that you don't want to piss off, so the followers tend to do as the gods say. What I did say was that it was obscene to ask YHWH to help the sort of people he routinely says should be killed (people who don't believe in him). Basically, I want people to stop shifting credit (either fully or partially) from the deserving (those doing humanitarian work) to the vengeful, jealous god of the bible, who according to his own book would sooner kill people who don't believe in him (such as the 95% or so of the Japanese who are not Christian), rather than grant aid or mercy to them. Like I said numerous times before, asking him to grant aid to a non believing country, that was savaged by a natural disaster, that he could have easily prevented, is just sick on numerous levels. Kamari at least seems to recognize that there's no way God couldn't have chosen to intervene (and more likely sent it as a sign). That's more than the others who seem to want to read their own morals into the biblical god.

I'll agree that Jesus was a nicer guy than JHWH, since he at least cares for the suffering of his own people (albeit not anyone else; as evidenced by him wanting me and anyone else who does not follow him to roast). Wait. Nevermind. The doctrine of the trinity gets in the way of that argument; Jesus, God the Father (YHWH), and the Holy Spirit/Ghost are the same being, yet separate beings (somehow. So he sacrificed himself to himself, so he could give up his own anger and forgive people?). If it weren't for the doctrine of the trinity, I could agree with you on that point though. To be completely fair, there are some Christian heresies and Protestant sects who don't recognize the doctrine of the trinity, but the overwhelming of Christian sects do as part of their core doctrine.

If I really wanted to just outright attack/undermine religion, wouldn't it make more sense to pick at the contradictions, human rights abuses spouted as morality, factual errors, etc. contained within the Bible, rather than focusing on the part that basically says its god is a murderous dick? Because, really, God being a murderous dick has zero effect on the truth value of the bible or the truth value of God's existence; what I mean by that is simple: proving (via the bible) that God is a murderous dick has nothing to do with proving that there is or isn't a god. It'd be like saying that according to Greek myths, Zeus liked to cheat on his wife, Hera, by seducing/raping mortal women and/or boys. Proving that Zeus is a lustful, adulterous god would not prove whether he is or is not an actual deity; it would only prove that he likes to commit adultery. This is my point with YHWH. I'm not arguing whether or not he is real. I'm arguing that if he is real, he's the type of god who would send the earthquake (or at the very least he's the type who would allow it to happen), rather than the type to send any aid to a country full of unbelievers. For the purposes of this discussion, I'm not even concerned about whether or not this makes him morally good or bad. I just wanted people to not to drag his name into the discussion as the cause for the aid, because the god shown in the bible clearly wouldn't send any. Simple, really. Does that make my position easier to understand?

Zeta-G
March 21, 2011, 8:56 AM
SFA and I have deleted each other's last posts regarding this topic. This thread will remain locked.
We (the moderators) will be discussing privately what policy changes are needed to avoid such hostile conflicts in the future. We will let you all know about any relevant policy changes, once they've been decided upon.
Until then, use good judgement (and err on the side of caution), so we can avoid similar incidents.