PDA

View Full Version : Version 2.0's (Take 2)

Zeta
March 9, 2011, 2:47 AM
So I've decided to move this topic to here since I got zero replies. The topic remains the same though, Version 2.0's are awesome. What are your opinions on Version 2.0's, and what current Master Grades deserve the upgrade. I shall start off with the RX-93 Nu Gundam and it's flaw's.

1. The head (it's too big for the body)

2. The height (needs to be readjusted so that's taller than the Unicorn)

3. The shield attachment (it's mounted in such an awkward place)

4. The Fin Funnels (they are too heavy for the Gundam)

SilverFrameAstray
March 9, 2011, 8:42 PM
I don't know about you, but that head looks mighty fine to me.

Shield, agreeable but not far-fetched. Funnels, agreed. Height, wouldn't know, but believe you.

Zeta
March 9, 2011, 8:57 PM
I don't know about you, but that head looks mighty fine to me.

Shield, agreeable but not far-fetched. Funnels, agreed. Height, wouldn't know, but believe you.

If you take a look at the Nu Gundam from the movie and compare it to the Master Grade, you'll see the discrepancy in body proportions.

Also, post your opinions on what other MG's deserve the 2.0 treatment.

squeam
March 9, 2011, 9:14 PM
Anything from 0083 needs it. Those kits are OOOLLLLDDD and can be so much more with current molding techniques.

Dom/Rick Dom deserve it.

Umm....Gouf Custom! Why has this not happened yet?! Throw in another runner for the gat, sword and hand. Mold in lite blue. Sell lots.

I'd love to see a new Hyaku Shiki, but that's more personal preference than overwhelming need.

If Bandai were to do Nu 2.0, I forsee a huge price tag on it.

Zeta
March 9, 2011, 9:41 PM
Anything from 0083 needs it. Those kits are OOOLLLLDDD and can be so much more with current molding techniques.

Dom/Rick Dom deserve it.

Umm....Gouf Custom! Why has this not happened yet?! Throw in another runner for the gat, sword and hand. Mold in lite blue. Sell lots.

I'd love to see a new Hyaku Shiki, but that's more personal preference than overwhelming need.

Would the price be along the lines of Hi-Nu's price?

squeam
March 10, 2011, 6:39 AM

Dom/Rick Dom deserve it.

Would the price be along the lines of Hi-Nu's price?

If you figure the average percentage of price increase of 2.0 kits, the fact that larger 2.0s have a higher increrase ratio, the size of the Nu, and the popularity of Nu & demand for a 2.0 release---I would say Hi-Nu's price, at 7000yen, would be the least Bandai would charge for a Nu 2.0. I say they tack on 500yen for sure.

Asterisk
March 10, 2011, 7:04 AM
Throw in another runner for the gat, sword and hand.

The chest, knees and waist cables are different too. Wouldn't need another hand, though. The Gouf 2.0 comes with 2 normal hands as well as the gun hand.

squeam
March 10, 2011, 11:39 AM
Throw in another runner for the gat, sword and hand.

The chest, knees and waist cables are different too. Wouldn't need another hand, though. The Gouf 2.0 comes with 2 normal hands as well as the gun hand.

Oh, cool. Wasn't trying to be comprehensive; still, one runner should be enough. Maybe a small one for the cables, too. How do we get a multitude of Unicorn variants, but not this?!

Zeta
March 10, 2011, 3:05 PM
Hey, what about the RX-78 NT-1 ALEX?

GNzaku0023
March 10, 2011, 10:36 PM
Hey, what about the RX-78 NT-1 ALEX?

This needs to happen. I would buy it in a heartbeat. Buuuuuuut I'm thinking that a Zudah should totally get a MG...and a 2.0 just for S&G

Zeta
March 12, 2011, 12:52 AM
Oh! What about a G-Defenser 2.0? The last time anyone saw that model was on the old MG Super Gundam. A 2.0 G-Defenser would be a perfect add on for the Mk.II 2.0, right?

Zeta-G
March 12, 2011, 1:12 AM
Oh! What about a G-Defenser 2.0? The last time anyone saw that model was on the old MG Super Gundam. A 2.0 G-Defenser would be a perfect add on for the Mk.II 2.0, right?
It would be especially awesome, if it included parts for a model of an asteroid... :twisted: :lol:

Asterisk
March 12, 2011, 6:28 AM
While a G-Defenser 2.0 WOULD be pretty cool, the old one is still fully compatible with the MK.II 2.0.

squeam
March 12, 2011, 12:23 PM
Just a G-Defensor but itself would be nice. Then I could make a Super Gundam with a 2.0.

An asteroid smash effect part would be a cool addition and a way to make the add-on kit special 8-)

Zeta
March 15, 2011, 12:57 AM
What about some Anime, Ja Nai?

Zeta
March 15, 2011, 1:28 AM
What about some Anime, Ja Nai?

I should have pointed what those numbers meant:

Flaw 1) The head (needs better channels for lining)

Flaw 2) The Hyper Beam sabers (weight issues abound)

Flaw 3) The body (needs better proportions and a better transformation)

Flaw 4) The Double Beam Rifle (it's too big and awkward to handle)

Zeta-G
March 15, 2011, 2:19 AM
The (FA)ZZ needs a 2.0, definitely. It's my only MG not on display. The current version has loose joints, is pretty much incapable of holding a good pose, and is poorly balanced as well.

Zeta
March 19, 2011, 12:13 AM
I have heard that the God/Burning Gundam also needs a 2.0. Can someone identify the flaws b/c I can't seem to find them.

Zeta-G
March 19, 2011, 4:13 AM
I have heard that the God/Burning Gundam also needs a 2.0. Can someone identify the flaws b/c I can't seem to find them.
According to reviews I've read, the proportions are off (God is supposed to be bulky, as if it were thick with muscles) and the chest piece blocks the face when opened.

Kamari13
March 19, 2011, 3:11 PM
the chest is in bad need of fixing.

Zeta
March 19, 2011, 6:01 PM
I have also heard that the head needs to be better proportioned.

Kamari13
March 20, 2011, 2:42 AM
I have also heard that the head needs to be better proportioned.

the head isn't bad , but thats just my thoughts on it

Zeta
March 24, 2011, 7:22 PM
This idea has been in head for bit. Does the RX-79 [G] deserve the 2.0 treatment? The legs have limited mobility, the 180mm Cannon needs better molding, and the manipulators need pegs in the palms. But enough of my rant, what do you think?

Zeta-G
March 25, 2011, 9:05 AM
This idea has been in head for bit. Does the RX-79 [G] deserve the 2.0 treatment? The legs have limited mobility, the 180mm Cannon needs better molding, and the manipulators need pegs in the palms. But enough of my rant, what do you think?
While I think you have some good fixes in mind, I really don't think the RX-79 [G] needs a 2.0 in the near future. As old as it is, it's still pretty sturdy and balanced. There are other old kits that need the 2.0 treatment sooner.

Zeta
March 25, 2011, 2:02 PM
While I think you have some good fixes in mind, I really don't think the RX-79 [G] needs a 2.0 in the ear future. As old as it is, it's still pretty sturdy and balanced. There are other old kits that need the 2.0 treatment sooner.

Yeah, I guess you're right. While it does have trouble doing the kneeling pose with the cannon, it can still pull it off. A better fix would be a 1.5 instead of 2.0

Zeta
May 23, 2011, 1:59 AM
So heard a rumor lately, about Bandai making a new ver.2.0. From what I've heard it's going to be the RX-78GP03 Stamen. Thoughts?

Kamari13
May 24, 2011, 1:02 AM
I don't see Bandai changing the height for the Nu Gundam just for that small height difference the Nu from head to feet ( not the funnels ) is only 22.0m and the Unicorn in Destroy mode is 21.7m ( but then again I don't own the Nu so I can't really say :D

Zeta
June 12, 2011, 1:35 AM
I just thought of another great idea kit for the Mk.II ver. 2.0. What about a Flying Armor add-on kit? That hasn't even been in Master Grade form.

Zechs36
June 12, 2011, 9:26 AM
Zeta- I have to agree with you. I have the RX-79 [G] as well and I can NEVER get the gun to stay in the hand. I've thought of super gluing it together but I'm hesitant to do so. Personally I'd like to see a little love for Tallgeese. He's only made in the 1/144 scale (unless you get the Tallgeese III kit).

squeam
June 19, 2011, 9:20 PM
My Ground Type has been holding his gun (yes, the 180) perfectly for years, with no "cheats activated".

Don't fret, Zechs; the MG Tallgeese will come! It's only a matter of time.

In other 2.0 news, Hyaku Shiki 2.0 is looking to be a reality. Not "definite", but "most likely" is good enough for me!

Zeta
June 20, 2011, 12:16 AM
Got any kind of leads beside that interview you mentioned earlier in this thread?

Cheatyface4
June 20, 2011, 12:50 AM
There are a couple 2.0's I'd like. Namely Dom/Rick-Dom and Kampfer. Also Quebeley, but the current one is actually really good. To be honest though, If I could just get MG's of Tallgeese and Turn-X I could die a happy man. ;p

squeam
June 20, 2011, 5:30 AM
Got any kind of leads beside that interview you mentioned earlier in this thread?

Not really. Sorry.

Zeta
January 4, 2012, 9:12 PM
I know it's been a year this thread was started, but I keep hearing some not-so-good reviews of the MG Sazabi and some have cried for a new 2.0. Any thoughts and clarifications?

Kenico
January 4, 2012, 9:24 PM
actually the Sazabi is a pretty solid kit from what ive heard. but it wouldnt hurt to have a 2.0 with some extra badass gimmicks.

HelloMyNameIs...
January 4, 2012, 10:38 PM
Friend got the sazabi. its ok but yea, it needs a ver 2.0

Zaku
March 2, 2012, 8:36 AM
Well id say GP02, GP01, Alex, Gouf custom, Zaku 1, Zaku F2 NU Gundam, Zaku FZ. ok ive got a really big list ill just end it there i think u see where im going with this. but they need the MG treatment or a 2.0. i think im just obsessed with U.C.

Kenico
March 2, 2012, 8:41 AM
amen to that impressive list of kits that DESPERATELY needs either the MG or better yet the 2.0 treatment.

thwalker13
March 2, 2012, 1:38 PM
I agree 100% with a 2.0 GP02A. I have the MG version and most of pieces are to big and heavy for it to hold.

Zeta
March 3, 2012, 2:51 AM
What about GP-01Fb or GP-03S? Do these need a 2.0?

Zaku
March 4, 2012, 5:11 AM
Well all i can say is it wouldn't hurt and would be very much appreciated by us U.C. motards. but the only 0083 kit i have in MG is the GP02 and is has so many flaws i just wont go there.

Zaku
March 4, 2012, 5:28 AM
My PG wing Zero would benefit greatly from a 2.0 but that's just a pipe dream i know.

Zaku
March 4, 2012, 6:01 AM
And why do we still not have a Zaku 1 2.0?

Zaku
March 4, 2012, 8:00 AM
Also i have a mg Sazabi and id be more than willing to disassemble it take pics and do a very detailed review but id like to see some interest before i did it. wouldn't want to be wasting my time just to be ignored. lol