PDA

View Full Version : The Hanger Bay of Zeta

Zeta
February 18, 2011, 3:48 PM
Yesterday I got my HGAW Gundam X in the mail. I'm currently working on it now but I should have some pictures up soon.

Zeta-G
February 18, 2011, 4:25 PM
The Gundam X is a freaking awesome kit. You ought to enjoy building it.

Zeta
May 8, 2011, 8:32 PM
One of my friends, who also happens to be my college's Video Game Club president, got me got me a new kit for helping out at my college's first Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament. It's the HG 00 Raiser + GN Sword III. I haven't put together since it needs some painting to look good. I'll posting some pictures as soon as I can.

Zeta
May 11, 2011, 7:26 PM
Just finished the 0 Raiser and I have to say, it's not a bad model. Granted the wing binders on it are loose as hell, but other than that not a bad kit.

SilverFrameAstray
May 11, 2011, 11:38 PM
You know I have the 1/100 and I was thinking about getting the 00 Raiser for it soon. Hope my winged ends aren't that loose O~o

Zeta
May 11, 2011, 11:43 PM
I actually got the HG 00 00 Raiser + GN Sword III. I need to paint the red jewel, the GN capacitors, and sights to complete the 00 Gundam.

Zeta
August 11, 2011, 6:49 PM
I finally got my MG Zeta 2.0. Right now this is build priority #1. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can, but right now... I need to break my Gunpla withdrawal.

Zeta
August 14, 2011, 2:34 AM
Here are some pictures of my MG Zeta Gundam 2.0. I painted those yellow marks with my handy Zeta Gundam Marker set (which were a pain to paint).

Zeta
December 27, 2011, 3:15 PM
I finally got one of the finest kits around...MG Wing Gundam. I'll post some pics depicting the build, which is impressive.

Zaku
March 6, 2017, 11:40 PM
Here are some pictures of my MG Zeta Gundam 2.0. I painted those yellow marks with my handy Zeta Gundam Marker set (which were a pain to paint).

Hello LOOOOOOOOONG dead thread. i just noticed you.

mmm i need some Zeta 2.0 in my life. ive heard such wonderful things about it.

Zeta
March 7, 2017, 1:11 AM
I haven't seen this thread in ages, talk about necromancy. I dare say Zaku, your skill at (Thread) necromancy rivals that of Sauron's and his ability to control The Nine.

In any case, I haven't up to any Gunpla building lately although I have been planning on building a custom kit. At first I wanted to use the Airmaster as a base, but after I acquired one in a trade I decided not use it as it was too small to accommodate the types of mods I desired. Instead, I'm going to use the new HGUC Zeta Gundam as a base while adding my own custom mods onto it. One of those mods would be the forward-swept wings from the MVF-M11C Murasame. However, I'm at a bit of an impasse: where should I put the wings? Now I could mount to the back or a backpack (which is fairly standard for transforming Mobile Suits), or I could attach them to the legs where the skirt armor would be so that way it would give the Mobile Suit the appearance similar to my all-time favorite mecha: the YF-19

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/macross/images/9/9c/YF19_Fighter-GERWALK-Battroid.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110911152233

http://macross2.net/m3/macrossplus/yf-19-fastpack/yf-19-fastpack-battroid-rear.gif

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/af/cd/44/afcd44e08a3fdc855104577ce664702d.jpg

Another body mod I've though about was adding two small tail binders on the backs of the Zeta's legs; that way when it's in Wave Rider mode, the binders will act not only as thrusters but also as twin-tail stabilizers (however this mod always been a maybe). As for weapons I'm going to use the muzzle of one of the F91's VSBR's, the barrel and sub-generator of the Nu's beam rifle, the Energy Convergence Unit of the Wing's Buster Rifle, and the E-Pac system of the Unicorn's Beam Magnum to create a custom variable output beam rifle using E-Pacs.

Zaku
March 7, 2017, 1:37 AM
Lich lord Zaku.

And cool man. i think the wings on the legs would look cool then the shield that becomes the nose of it in wave rider mode could have some canards on it. the Zeta's shield is kinda just dead weight as is but some canards on it would also give it more surface area for when it is being used as a shield.

Zeta
March 7, 2017, 2:41 AM
Lich lord Zaku.

And cool man. i think the wings on the legs would look cool then the shield that becomes the nose of it in wave rider mode could have some canards on it. the Zeta's shield is kinda just dead weight as is but some canards on it would also give it more surface area for when it is being used as a shield.

The shield is still useful as it serves as the nosecone for the Zeta in Wave Rider mode. Also, I'm not sure if I want to add front-mounted canards. It all depends on where the CG is once the new wings have been added on, and how stable the MS will with the new wings. Finally, I think I am going to use that twin-tail binder system. In order to achieve it, I'll have to use the tail binders of the Re-GZ since those are the smallest of all the Zeta-type tail binders.

Zaku
March 7, 2017, 5:54 PM
yea i get ya gotta make it look plausible. i love doing that. you could even go crazy with it an calculate up how much it would weight and how much lift the surface area of the wings would provide and come up with a stall speed for it just for fun.

Zeta
March 7, 2017, 11:48 PM
yea i get ya gotta make it look plausible. i love doing that. you could even go crazy with it an calculate up how much it would weight and how much lift the surface area of the wings would provide and come up with a stall speed for it just for fun.

How much lift a fighter jet (or in this case a transforming Mobile Suit) produces from its wings is (almost) irrelevant as the engines produce so much thrust that aerodynamics don't matter. In the Zeta's case, aerodynamics come into play when it's in the atmosphere as its unique binders allow the Zeta to delay the supersonic shockwave to the rear of the MS to provide ultra-efficient lift at high Mach speeds (Mach 5+).

Zaku
March 8, 2017, 12:54 AM
at combat speeds yes but thats why i said stall speed. you could determine how long a runway you would need. would be bad @$$ if you could build a transforming MS that could land on a carrier in MA form without having to slap rockets all over it or resort to thrust vectoring.