PDA

View Full Version : Zaku II 2.0 Ver.Asterisk

Asterisk
February 5, 2011, 12:46 PM
So, on a whim I started sexying up my old Zaku. In my massive hoard of unused paints, I found a green that is somewhat darker than the standard Zaku green.
[attachment=1:3fhx6b0b]rsz_sam_0003.jpg[/attachment:3fhx6b0b]

Unfortunately, this means losing the dry transfers the kit came with, since I never had any intention of painting it and used them beforehand.
Anyway, I plan on using some of the green I used on my Sinanju, and who knows what else. I'm pretty much just making this up as I go along.

Also, I love that they give you this transfer for a part you'll only ever see with the Zaku in a severely disassembled state. lulz.

[attachment=0:3fhx6b0b]rsz_sam_0006.jpg[/attachment:3fhx6b0b]

GNzaku0023
February 5, 2011, 12:54 PM
Can't wait to see the finished product!!

In case you didn't see the thread about it, I'm working on something that may top (or at the very least be on par with) your sinanju lol

Asterisk
February 5, 2011, 12:56 PM
Oh, I saw. I have high expectations, too.

GNzaku0023
February 5, 2011, 4:22 PM
We shall see if my ideas will prove to be of the epic proportions.

Oh, my kit just arrived. :D

Zeta-G
February 5, 2011, 5:28 PM
So, on a whim I started sexying up my old Zaku. In my massive hoard of unused paints, I found a green that is somewhat darker than the standard Zaku green.
[attachment=1:1zyoo1n5]rsz_sam_0003.jpg[/attachment:1zyoo1n5]

Unfortunately, this means losing the dry transfers the kit came with, since I never had any intention of painting it and used them beforehand.
Anyway, I plan on using some of the green I used on my Sinanju, and who knows what else. I'm pretty much just making this up as I go along.

Also, I love that they give you this transfer for a part you'll only ever see with the Zaku in a severely disassembled state. lulz.

[attachment=0:1zyoo1n5]rsz_sam_0006.jpg[/attachment:1zyoo1n5]

Bandai sells replacement decal sheets (I don't think GSAM carries them though :( ), so if you can find a set for sale, you won't have to worry about losing your kit's decals.

Allelujah
February 6, 2011, 4:18 AM
finish that already man! so that I have an idea on my model.. hahahahah :D I am still thinking if I will assemble or not my Zaku.. by the way I like the Hands of a 2.0 mastergrade.. neat

SilverFrameAstray
February 7, 2011, 1:30 AM
Hahaha. I love that. Making it up as you go along. I kind of do that when I'm drawing. I keep trying to do custom zeonic suits (that I can actually make). Only a few of them actually look good.

Asterisk
February 7, 2011, 9:20 AM
I pretty much always make things up as I go when painting custom schemes. I've stated before that I don't really have an eye for design, I just try things until something works.

SilverFrameAstray
February 7, 2011, 10:55 AM
I pretty much always make things up as I go when painting custom schemes. I've stated before that I don't really have an eye for design, I just try things until something works.

Try doing a few planned sketches. You can always go back and add or take things away from the inital design. Try it at once at least. I just personally like having the blueprint of it first.

Asterisk
February 9, 2011, 12:26 AM
Well, the painting is almost done. I figure, for decals I'll just order a pack of waterslides sometime this weekend. Either way, I should be finished either tomorrow or Thursday, so expect pictures before the weekend.

Asterisk
February 23, 2011, 2:50 PM
So, after waiting for decals, deciding on a different shade of green and just being a terrible procrastinator overall, my Zaku is approaching done. I have a very small handful of parts to touch up, then decals. I HAVE added some new do-dads and whatsits that weren't originally part of the plan, but those are a surprise.

ZeonPeon
February 23, 2011, 7:00 PM
I would have given you my extra parts from my Zaku, but we rounded up the runners and tossed them. Sorry man. Can't wait to see it though.

Asterisk
February 23, 2011, 11:28 PM
No problem guy. I've got a few extra parts, myself. Thinking on some new weaponry as well.

ZeonPeon
February 24, 2011, 10:18 AM
Well, you got the Top Cannon dude! Find out what I want painted and what colour scheme.

Asterisk
March 11, 2011, 2:42 PM
Okay, soooo...this took me WAY longer than I anticipated. Turns out waterslide decals are more tedious and irritating than dry transfers. As such, I didn't so them in one sitting; instead I opted to do a couple at a time here and there over the course of a few days. Some mixed results later, and my Zaku II (The unit itself, weapons, not so much) is finished.

Unfortunately, due to my choice of colors, the decals on the lower legs can't easily be seen. Ah well, I tried.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Avyrex/SAM_0004-3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Avyrex/SAM_0003-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Avyrex/SAM_0005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Avyrex/SAM_0010.jpg

I ended up buying some nifty after-market stuff. Lens casings and lens stickers. They're much better looking in person, I assure you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Avyrex/SAM_0009.jpg

GNzaku0023
March 11, 2011, 3:43 PM
Oh man dude, that looks amazing!!!! Holy crap you did a great job with it!!!! Can't wait to see it in person man.

ZeonPeon
March 19, 2011, 1:46 AM
G.O.D. that was so pretty in person Asterisk. Love the paint.

Red
March 29, 2011, 12:25 PM
Solid job you got going on there. It would be cool if the lens on the gun was green as well.

Asterisk
March 29, 2011, 1:35 PM
Actually, at this point in time, it is.

I've changed a few things on it, actually.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Avyrex/rsz_sam_0001.jpg

ZeonPeon
March 29, 2011, 6:35 PM
OH MAN! The custom battle axe. Or, the battle axe-terisk! HAHA! HA! Ha... Yeah...

Red
March 29, 2011, 6:45 PM
That axe is gorgeous. Correction: that entire suit is gorgeous.

squeam
March 30, 2011, 10:07 PM
Congrats on the Final 3 with this kit! You, too, GNZ! The other kit is nice, as well. (Although, it does seem familiar in some way, like maybe I've seen it in another contest? If so, it totally DOESN'T deserve to win).

Asterisk
March 30, 2011, 10:10 PM
I have to admit...I REALLY like that Zeta's colors, but those decals are just so gaudy looking on it.

SilverFrameAstray
March 30, 2011, 11:13 PM
I have to admit...I REALLY like that Zeta's colors, but those decals are just so gaudy looking on it.

I like the idea behind it, but I seriously think the competition is between you and GNZ. Such a heated battle.

GNzaku0023
March 30, 2011, 11:28 PM
A little more than thirty mins to go, and it is a heated competition, Asterisk at a 1.62, Zeta Miku Custom with a 1.50, and myself with a 1.86. This is getting intense!!!

Thanks Squeam!!!

Zaku
March 23, 2016, 9:47 PM
so im a LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITLE late to the party but i noticed this and i like Zakus (obviously) and i like bumping old threads (keeps things fresh without starting more new threads) and man i love what you did to this thing. i LOVE the custom heat hawk and i love how you did actual wires as cables going through the power pipes. and the colors look awesome. really nice work man.

Zeta
March 24, 2016, 1:28 AM
Zaku, are you bored? If you are, please take up another hobby because being a necromancer doesn't suit you.

Zaku
March 24, 2016, 2:07 AM
klaatu verata ni-*COUGH*-*COUGH-*COUGH*

*runs off with necronomicon*

yes i am. im da bestest necromancer EVAR!