PDA

View Full Version : Rival

GNzaku0023
February 3, 2011, 8:40 PM
I wasn't quite sure where to post this exactly, so I'm just gonna go with this.

I am planning something for the next contest, something big, something amazing, something that may just rival Asterisk's famous Sinanju if I can pull it off.

I won't say much more as of right now, cause I'm waiting on the kit to arrive in the mail, and then I'll decide on weather or not it'll work.

I'll keep posting vaguely until the day of the contest.

SilverFrameAstray
February 7, 2011, 12:37 AM
I say, GNZ, that you are doing nothing more, but getting into psychological warfare with Asterisk.

Are you cross?!? Have you seen the man's painting? The both of us have seen it with our own eyes and felt it with our own hands.

Good luck mate. I will bury you with your Kshatriya.

Asterisk
February 7, 2011, 8:21 AM
Bring it.

Zeta-G
February 7, 2011, 2:49 PM
I say, GNZ, that you are doing nothing more, but getting into psychological warfare with Asterisk.

Are you cross?!? Have you seen the man's painting? The both of us have seen it with our own eyes and felt it with our own hands.

Good luck mate. I will bury you with your Kshatriya.
Poor GNZ, it was nice knowing him. ;)
As for me, I know I can't compete with asterisk when it comes to painting, so I'll be competing with some serious WTF-ery (ridiculous pose incoming alert) in the next general model competition. I have the kit and the pose all picked out... :D

GNzaku0023
February 7, 2011, 3:34 PM
Day 2 of my project. So far, it's coming along nicely, but i've hit a small snag. I've run out of the particular paint I need for the base coat, and I don't have money types to purchase it right now. However, my little sister owes me some paint because she used the last of my green lacquer, so I will hopefully be able to deal with that issue before my class tonight.

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys. Really appreciate it. I'm glad to know I have such supportive friends who are there for me every step of the way.

(Asterisk has given me more support that you two. How sad...)

Zeta-G
February 7, 2011, 3:54 PM
Day 2 of my project. So far, it's coming along nicely, but i've hit a small snag. I've run out of the particular paint I need for the base coat, and I don't have money types to purchase it right now. However, my little sister owes me some paint because she used the last of my green lacquer, so I will hopefully be able to deal with that issue before my class tonight.

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys. Really appreciate it. I'm glad to know I have such supportive friends who are there for me every step of the way.

Hey don't get mad at me. I never claimed to be your bromantic partner (*points at SFA*). :lol:

On a slightly off topic, but somewhat related note, I wish GSAM would have a multiple-model contest, in which participants posed two or three kits together (be it a battle scene or something ridiculous); people would then vote for the best pose. I think it would make it easier for novice painters and non-painters to compete on a level playing field with guys of Asterisk's (painting) skill level. Just my two cents.

GNzaku0023
February 7, 2011, 5:15 PM
Well I have good news. I emailed GSAM a few days ago, and they said they might do two contests this month in order to make up for the lack there of one in January.

Zeta-G
February 7, 2011, 6:36 PM
Well I have good news. I emailed GSAM a few days ago, and they said they might do two contests this month in order to make up for the lack there of one in January.
That would be nice. Thanks for letting the rest of us know, GNZ.

SilverFrameAstray
February 7, 2011, 10:38 PM

Hey don't get mad at me. I never claimed to be your bromantic partner (*points at SFA*). :lol:

Hey mate, loving him has nothing to do with supporting him. He cannot deny my love anyway, so he can deal with it. He'll give me crap about it the next time I see him until I dish out more monkey love...then he'll shut up.

(G.O.D. please direct my girlfriend away from ever seeing this post.)

Zeta-G
February 7, 2011, 11:47 PM

Hey mate, loving him has nothing to do with supporting him. He cannot deny my love anyway, so he can deal with it. He'll give me crap about it the next time I see him until I dish out more monkey love...then he'll shut up.

(G.O.D. please direct my girlfriend away from ever seeing this post.)
That was a little too much info, SFA. :lol:
Also, for what it's worth, I said bromantic, not romantic.

SilverFrameAstray
February 8, 2011, 5:05 PM
Same bit mate, and it's all for teh lawlz.

GNzaku0023
February 10, 2011, 8:51 PM
Well, I've finished my project....mostly. I need to do some cleanup work on it and finish a few minor details, but it's turned out pretty darn awesome. I hope it will be competition worthy.