PDA

View Full Version : GUNPLA Noob - DrNubs WIP

DrNubs
June 14, 2013, 5:13 PM
Hey guys my packaged just arrived, pretty fast shipping only took 3 days from Hobbywave.

I am waiting for my other package to arrive from HLJ with most of the supplies I need before starting and will also be buying some rust-oleum or krylon spray paints later this week and test them out as well :D

The first thing I've done is bathe the runners in slightly warm water with dish soap and currently letting them air dry.

Dlinker
June 14, 2013, 9:07 PM
Might help to do another quick wash after removing them from the runners to get rid of any dust or plastic particles that get on the parts as you're de-nubbing.

Curious to see how you'll fare with an RG. They certainly are a different kind of kit compared to HG and MG kits.

Deathscythe!
June 16, 2013, 5:56 PM
I'd rather you'd started with a good, (old) and reliable HG. Well, okay then, good luck assembling your first gunpla, I assume.

Well done so far. Bathing your runners is always a considerate thing to do.

thwalker13
June 16, 2013, 6:12 PM
The RG Freedom is a great kit. I always find myself staring at mine.

Focke Wulf
June 17, 2013, 12:38 AM
I would build it then wash it.

Good luck :) and more importantly, have fun!

DrNubs
June 26, 2013, 6:12 PM
Been busy with work and other stuff in my life and have not had the chance to even start building until today. It took me I believe 2 hours or so maybe just to build the inner frame and paint some parts chrome.

Planning on spraying the inner with a gunmetal color. I have to admit, people who build these needs to have a lot of patients and steady hands, especially when the parts of the kits are tiny.

Btw, anyone knows what this mr color gx 100 does? The texture is like liquid glue and dries up pretty fast and hardens up making it a very sticky residue.

Brotzmann
June 26, 2013, 6:46 PM
Mr Color GX100 is a glossy top coat. I've never used it but I have been tempted to order and try it before. You can thin it with Mr Color thinner and airbrush it as a final glossy top coat.

Dlinker
June 27, 2013, 12:32 AM
Be careful when applying that on bare plastic, as there's a chance it can cause damage.

Since it's your first RG kit, taking that long with it isn't surprising. I know it took me a few days just to finish de-nubbing when I worked on my RG Strike.

Patience and steady hands you can develop as you build more kits.

thwalker13
June 27, 2013, 7:39 AM
Dlinker is right. The Freedom was my 1st RG kit. And it took me a long time to complete it. So don't rush anything, as RGs have a tendecy to break easily.