PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 Favorite Gundam Soundtracks

Bossguy
June 2, 2013, 10:53 PM
Hey guys! Post your top 3 favorite Gundam songs here. It can be from anything Gundam. Please post why these are favorites. You don't need to do it. It's optional.

My Top 3:

1. Gundam Unicorn OST: Life & Death

I really like this song because it has so much emotion. It embodies the sadness and suffering of war.

2. Gundam Unicorn OST: Banshee

This was my favorite song at first. I didn't like it at all at first, but it grew on me quickly. The second half is the best in my opinion, changing from fast paced and intense, to soft and almost comforting.

3. Gundam Unicorn OST: Unicorn

This is a great song. Period. Sunrise really nailed it with their composers. The quire here is excellent.

CharAznable
June 2, 2013, 11:48 PM
Alright, I'll throw my two cents into this one

#1. Gundam Unicorn OST Mobile Suit

This is my favorite (to date). I love it, mostly due to the intensity of it.

#2 Gundam Unicorn OST Full Frontal

..... I think this one is self explanitory (points to profile pic (and yes, I know the difference between Full Frontal and Char Aznable.))

#3 Gundam 00 OST Counterattack

I love this one because I feel that it embodies the bits/funnels/fangs/dragoons. Fast paced and relentless, with a finale that just cuts off. Epic.

Ginga Bishōnen
June 3, 2013, 1:16 AM
Well there are so many good pieces of music in Gundam, so it is pretty hard to choose. I will only choose from instrumental tracks only to make it easier.

1. Gundam SEED OST 3 - Kouhou Shien (Support from the Rear)

Probably the most epic piece of music in all of Gundam, it is fitting that it is played during one of the greatest moments in all of Gundam (in my humble opinion), Athrun Zala's arrival in the Battle of Orb, and his saving of, reunion with, and subsequent team-up with Kira Yamato, his childhood best friend. The scene, and the music, are heartwarming, awesome, and epic all at the same time.

2. Gundam Wing OST 1 - The Wings of A Boy That Killed Adolescence (aka Heero's Theme)

Gundam Wing was, like many of you on here, my introduction to Gundam and as such this piece of music, which was probably the most played theme in the series, is very special to me.

3. Gundam G OST - Shining Finger Theme (I don't recall the actual name of this track)

If Gundam Wing was my introduction to Gundam, then G Gundam was the series sealed the deal for me, and this track was the best from this series.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU! TAKE THIS! My love, my anger, and ALL MY SORROW! SHINING FINGER!!!!"

thwalker13
June 3, 2013, 10:41 PM
1. Gundam 00 OST 3 - Strike

2. Gundam Seed Destiny OST ? - Life Goes On

3. Gundam Unicorn OST 3 - Banshee

Zeon's RedComet
June 4, 2013, 4:44 AM
1. Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn OST3-Banshee: I just love this track in IMO the best over all Gundam OST it's at the top it's just amazing.

2. TIE-Char's Counterattack OST- Beyond the Time CCA OST-Opening Theme. These two tracks are mind blowing the Opening theme is some of my favorite insturmental work from Gundam.

2. TIE-Unicorn OST-Mobile Suit: Great track love the intensity Unicorn OST-Mobile Armor another great track amazing pacing to it I love the swooping instrementals of it.

Metalic91
June 5, 2013, 3:40 PM
Hmm top 3 gundam songs? That is a very tough one but im going to have to, reluctantly, choose the following

1. Turn A Gundam - Opening 1 Century Color
There was just something about this song that I really really REALLY liked, I can never put my finger on it but I never get tired of listening to it, plus if you watch the Turn A era intro in Gundam EX vs. you'll see the song put to use of epic proportions.

2. Turn A Gundam - ending 2 Tsuki no Mayo
The first time I heard this song I thought it was ok, not bad not good, just ok. Then it really started to grow on me and when this song was used in the end of Turn A Gundam I cried it was so sad and so beautiful at the same time, props to the writer and singer for a wonderful timeless work of art.

3. CCA OST #? - Main theme
The actual name of the song escapes me a the moment and I will endeavor to get the same in the near future, but this song I feel reflects the conflict of Amuro and Char from beginning to end first as enemies, then rivals, then allies, then bitter enemies again. It has a great theme that is played throughout most the movie and revised in different sections such as the war marchs Sally and Swan.

Picking just 3 is really hard, there are many Gundam songs over the years that are all equally worthy of praise in my opinion and this list is a tough call for me.

SEED & SEED Destiny Fan
August 31, 2013, 11:23 AM
1. gundam seed destiny insert: fields of hope
2. gundam seed destiny ending 1: reason
3. gundam seed ending 1: although we were always together

Nightmare of Solomon
March 17, 2014, 12:17 AM
As of now having only watched Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed in its entirety I will do my favorites so far
1. Gundam Seed first ending "We used to be so close" at the moment when Kira supposedly "killed" the desert tiger and the synth plays the beginning notes it is a moment to draw blood-I mean tears from the viewer. Great composition, when you hear that violin in the beginning you know it's going to be a classic.
2. Gundam Seed last ending "find the way" this sog is so sad, it could be a considerable replacement for Beethoven's moonlight sonata for any purpose. Soldiers returning home. The end of a epic space opera. Her voice is amazing.
3. Gundam Wing "Just Communication" Just wild beat? What the hell is that supposed to even mean? It's catchy and cheesy in the way a disco song would be, and Im very fond of this tune LOL

ace
March 17, 2014, 12:34 AM
1. ZZ Gundam - anime ja nai
Its not anime. Its real. That makes me smile every time

2. Build Fighters - opening song... Back on?
I like the rap parts in it. Japanese rap sounds cool

3. 0079 msg - go gundam go
Its classic.

Lacus Prime
March 17, 2014, 7:49 AM
1) Wimp (Gundam Build Fighters OP2)
2) Yuuki Tatsuya's theme from Build Fighters-theme of the Crimson comet and eventually the great Meijin Kawaguchi III
3)Flying in the Sky-SHINING FINGER!

Gundam Fancritic
April 30, 2014, 9:34 PM
Sweet mother of fuck! Just 3? Okay let's see here.... uh

1. Rhythm Emotion

The first Gundam intro I ever found myself singing along to religiously.

2. Just Communication

Badass song! The first of Gundam Wing before it was whored out and wrecked beyond repair by the likes of greedy Bandai corporate suits and an overzealous Hajime Katoki! ANd of course there's the oh so badass instrumental used for the dubbed ending with that saxophone/guitar combo!

3. The Winner
IS THE EPIC SAX NOT ENOUGH OF AN EXPLANATION?!

Ohter Gundam songs I really lover would be White Reflection, the intro to MSG (Gundamu!), and the 1st ending to Gundam Seed Destiny, Reason. And who can forget Magic, from 0083?! And the epic and final clash of Domon and Asia set to Kyoudai Kasuru Yabou

Zeta-G
April 30, 2014, 10:14 PM
Damn this is hard. The following is basically a three way tie.

Zeta OP1: Zeta~Transcending Times
Curse the RIAA for blocking this one from the US release with their exorbitant licensing fees (it's made of original lyrics set to a Neil Sedaka tune. Like with a lot of old shows, the producers didn't think to license home video rights when they licensed the music for the show's TV broadcast).

Gundam ZZ OP2: Silent Voice

0083 OP2: Men of Destiny

I can't really articulate exactly what I love about these three songs, just that I love them. Their awesome 80's rock sound is probably a big part of it.

Honorable mentions go to F91's beautiful Eternal Wind and Unicorn's epic Unicorn. Both are superb tracks.

futabaaoi
April 30, 2014, 10:46 PM
Top 3 favorite Gundam Soundtracks for me.
1.G Gundam
2. Turn A Gundam - Yoko Kanno
3. Char's Counterattack

Top 3 Songs for me.
1. Pursuit - Zeta Gundam
2. Orb - Emily - G Saviour
3. Sacrifice - Char's Counterattack

a recent one that didn't make was Mobile Suit from Gundam UC, Final Shore, To Meet Again from Turn A Gundam by Yoko Kanno, and Resolution by ROmantic Mode.