PDA

View Full Version : Master Grade Zeta + C1

GNzaku0023
January 19, 2011, 8:49 PM
So I began. I trimmed all of the gray parts off the runners, and messed up twice on two small parts, which I'll take pictures of when I get home from class. I'm going to be painting them in the same color you saw on my gaplant hrairoo. Man, this kit is going to take a while too. 16 runners, several screws, and a s*** ton of polycaps. This is my second Master Grade kit, my first being my Gundam Mk.II Titans version. I'm excited, but I don't want to mess up anymore than I have. So wish me luck guys! I'll try to post as I go like I did with Hrairoo.

On a side note, my MG deathscythe and NG shadow gundam arrived today too.

Zeta-G
January 20, 2011, 1:51 AM
So I began. I trimmed all of the gray parts off the runners, and messed up twice on two small parts, which I'll take pictures of when I get home from class. I'm going to be painting them in the same color you saw on my gaplant hrairoo. Man, this kit is going to take a while too. 16 runners, several screws, and a s*** ton of polycaps. This is my second Master Grade kit, my first being my Gundam Mk.II Titans version. I'm excited, but I don't want to mess up anymore than I have. So wish me luck guys! I'll try to post as I go like I did with Hrairoo.

On a side note, my MG deathscythe and NG shadow gundam arrived today too.
Seriously? It'll only be your second MG? :shock: Best of luck in that case. :)

squeam
January 20, 2011, 6:18 AM
It would be an interesting experience if you were to build the MG Deathscythe immediately following your Zeta C1. It would really give you a taste of how far MGs have come over the years.

GNzaku0023
January 20, 2011, 8:55 AM

...this kit is kicking my ass. I decided not to paint purely because I just wanted to get into building it. This is also the first kit I have not finished in one sitting. I finished the arms, legs, and the torso, and that's about it for last night. After building thus far, I probably won't be getting another MG level transforming kit for a while. This thing is beyond ridiculous. Just the tiny parts alone are a pain. I've put two nice gouges in both my thumbs, and while I'm used to it, and don't really feel pain anymore, it sucks getting specks of blood on your kit. However, I get the feeling that if I can build this, I can build anything.

Brent
January 20, 2011, 4:35 PM
However, I get the feeling that if I can build this, I can build anything.
Cool, get a PG next kit let's see how you fare :lol:. But seriously, good luck dude, try not to injure yourself much, and have fun.

Zeta-G
January 20, 2011, 6:52 PM

...this kit is kicking my ass. I decided not to paint purely because I just wanted to get into building it. This is also the first kit I have not finished in one sitting. I finished the arms, legs, and the torso, and that's about it for last night. After building thus far, I probably won't be getting another MG level transforming kit for a while. This thing is beyond ridiculous. Just the tiny parts alone are a pain. I've put two nice gouges in both my thumbs, and while I'm used to it, and don't really feel pain anymore, it sucks getting specks of blood on your kit. However, I get the feeling that if I can build this, I can build anything.
It depends on the nature of the transforming mechanism; some transformations are simply more complicated, and they cause the build to be more complicated as a result (I.e. Building Zeta or Unicorn is a pain in the ass, while building Wing [TV version] or Victory [which has other problems] is not).

GNzaku0023
January 21, 2011, 1:38 AM
So I've finished My Zeta +, and honestly, I love it. Yeah it's got some issues with articulation in the feet, and you can see plenty of nub scars from my laziness, but besides that its really really good. It has absolutely no issues holding it's massive cannon, and the locking mechanism for it works flawlessly, which is odd, because it seems to be the reverse of my MG MKII, in which that kit could hold the beam sabers and none of it's ranged weapons, whereas Zeta can hold it's cannon, but seems to have issues holding the beam sabers.

Since I'm on the sabers, the handles look incredibly unique, almost something like out of Tron Legacy. The blue beam sabers effect parts are very nice too, although they bend and warp easily. It's just too bad it can't hold them.

I'll write a full review later and also post some pics up at some point, but all in all I'm very happy with the way this turned out, despite my battered and scarred thumbs lol.