PDA

View Full Version : "What Kit Should I get?" & Recommendations

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

GNzaku0023
November 18, 2010, 12:13 PM
So I've been wanting to get a Master Grade Destiny Gundam for a while now, but I'm not sure which one I want. I was thinking EBM (Extreme Burst Mode) But I heard it has some issues. Anyone care to help me out with suggestions on which kit to get and why?

Thanks!!

Skittles
November 18, 2010, 8:00 PM
What sorts of issues? I've been considering it for the wings of light, though admittedly I'm unaware of what the other differences are between it and the normal release (aside from price, too).

Zeta-G
November 18, 2010, 11:39 PM
I have the normal version; it was a nice kit, but the joint for cannon's handle was a bit tight, which caused the handle to snap off when I tried to pose the kit with it. :(

squeam
November 19, 2010, 6:22 AM
What sorts of issues? I've been considering it for the wings of light, though admittedly I'm unaware of what the other differences are between it and the normal release (aside from price, too).

The EBM has three clear plastic beam effect parts, clear 1/60 figures of Shinn and Kira, metallic decals, shiny joints and hands, and of course, the Wings of Light.

This is quite the quandary. The Wings of Light make Destiny look incredible, at the expense of some very real weight issues (and a lot of space on the shelf). I couldn't really care less about the shiny joints, figures and 2 of the beam parts. But I love the beam effect piece for the hand beam-thing (sorry the technical description eludes me right now).
The real issue is, is it worth the price? Its like an extra $23 for EBM and that's bout half as much as the regular Destiny. Right now I'm leaning toward regular Destiny and save that money for a Gouf 2.0 or some other sweet model.

Asterisk
November 19, 2010, 6:36 AM
Save money for the Gouf 2.0. It's the SWEETEST model.

Allelujah
January 1, 2011, 7:30 PM
I am just new in Gundam Collecting .. is the Rx 78-2 Ver K.A. a good start? :D :shock: :shock:

GNzaku0023
January 1, 2011, 8:28 PM
I'd take a look at a few of these:
http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban962353.html
http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban963118.html
http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban963115.html

This one is a great deal for a great kit:
http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/dealof.html

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban958760.html
http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban950664.html

Ultimately though, you need to pick what you think you might be interested in. Have you watched any of the series? That generally gives you a good Idea as to what you want.

Allelujah
January 1, 2011, 8:42 PM
I dunno why I order that ver KA thing.. maybe i just got intimidated with its details hahahaha :)

Zeta-G
January 1, 2011, 10:55 PM
I dunno why I order that ver KA thing.. maybe i just got intimidated with its details hahahaha :)
It's not that it's a bad kit; it's just that a Master Grade (MG) kit (especially a Ver. Ka MG) can be a bit overwhelming/difficult for new model builders. GNZ's high grade (HG) recommendations are all suitable starter kits. Personally, I think the 0 Gundam, in particular, is a great kit for first time modelers. It's cheap, looks nice, and is a fairly solid, but simple, build. Plus, if you're a fan of the classic RX-78-2 design, the 0 Gundam has more than a passing resemblance.

Allelujah
January 1, 2011, 11:12 PM
BY THE WAY I FORGOT TO TELL YOU GUYS I GOT 1/144 MODELS THE EXIA STRIKE FREEDOM DYNAMES.. JUST HGs ITS MY 1ST TIME TO COLLECT MASTER GRADES :D SORRY FOR THAT :)

Allelujah
January 1, 2011, 11:13 PM
I ALSO GOT 00 RAISER AND A RX78-2 RG :D

Zeta-G
January 1, 2011, 11:15 PM
I ALSO GOT 00 RAISER AND A RX78-2 RG :D
If you built a RG, an older MG (such as RX-78-2 Ver. Ka) shouldn't be too big of a step. Best of luck with constructing it.

Allelujah
January 1, 2011, 11:19 PM
really? :D i am just attracted at the inner frames of the mg gundams..
by the way.. question.. are all MG gundams have inner frames?? o..o

Zeta-G
January 1, 2011, 11:36 PM
really? :D i am just attracted at the inner frames of the mg gundams..
by the way.. question.. are all MG gundams have inner frames?? o..o
The modern ones have inner frames. The MG kits that are older than the G Gundam MGs (roughly 8 or more years old) tend to lack inner frames.

Allelujah
January 1, 2011, 11:45 PM
ohh okay thanks :D I just want to see a gundam who's cockpit can be opened and see the pilot inside :D hahahaha..

squeam
January 2, 2011, 8:30 AM
O Gundam. Get it. NOW. Seriously, everyone who collects Gunpla should have that kit. It's soo much fun and cheap!

To give a really good recommendation, we gotta know what shows you've watch/prefer. I'm just gonna throw a few out there and maybe one will catch your eye:

I recommended MG Strike/Strike Rouge on another one of your (ubiquitous) threads. The Zeta 2.0 has pretty much the same display base/catapult deck, but its quite a bit harder to assemble than Strike. Its looks are unique in the Gundam-verse and is personally my favorite! Any G-Gundam MG (God/Burning, Shining, Speigel/Shadow, Master) have complete inner frames, actually some of the best Bandai's ever done, and they're dirt cheap. Now, the hatch doesn't open on 'em because they have removable Core...Landers(?) that are pretty nifty display pieces in themselves. Also, they are amazingly articulated and hold their poses very well. If you're into Wing Gundam, try the newest Wing Gundam release, as the ver. Ka. has some serious flaws. The 2.0s (Mk II, GM, Gundam, Zaku, Gouf) are all really well detailed, easier to build, have complete inner frames and are flexible. Unfortunately, you have to pay for all that, and they can get pricey. If I were to pick one of the 2.0s to get (other than Zeta) I'd buy the Mk II - I have and its awesome!

GNzaku0023
January 16, 2011, 12:32 AM
That is a question every new builder (and sometimes us vets) asks themselves. It can be overwhelming, as there are hundreds of models to choose from, however, you would be amazed how simple it is to pick a kit from such a huge selection.

On youtube, there is a very experienced gunpla builder who goes by the name rrobert184, and he made a video that I believe is the best way to decide which kit you want to get.

Here is a link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9gIKfDV ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9gIKfDVJUA&feature=related)

Now, for all you noobies out there, this is the thread for you. If you are confused or want some help, post here.

For all us vets, please help out and post links to recommended kits.

Hopefully this thread helps!

(Mickey, do you think we could sticky this thread? I think it will prove to be very useful in the future)

Allelujah
January 16, 2011, 1:39 AM
buy them all :D hahaha or buy what you think the best for you :D

Zeta-G
January 16, 2011, 3:36 PM
That is a question every new builder (and sometimes us vets) asks themselves. It can be overwhelming, as there are hundreds of models to choose from, however, you would be amazed how simple it is to pick a kit from such a huge selection.

On youtube, there is a very experienced gunpla builder who goes by the name rrobert184, and he made a video that I believe is the best way to decide which kit you want to get.

Here is a link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9gIKfDV ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9gIKfDVJUA&feature=related)

Now, for all you noobies out there, this is the thread for you. If you are confused or want some help, post here.

For all us vets, please help out and post links to recommended kits.

Hopefully this thread helps!

(Mickey, do you think we could sticky this thread? I think it will prove to be very useful in the future)
Another rrobbert184 fan? Yay! I like his kit reviews; he lines his kits but he doesn't paint them, so I can get a good idea of what a kit will look like with only lining. This is good for folks who aren't skilled at (or simply don't feel like) painting their kits.

As far as recommending kits to newbies go, for Master Grades, you can't go wrong with 2.0s. Beyond that give some information about what you like and the rest of us will be happy to provide you with some suggestions.

squeam
January 16, 2011, 3:42 PM
Been watchin rrobert for a whiles now. I have a similar build style to him (albeit not as good as he is) and I appreciate his candid insight. The best thing he ever did was split up reviews: you can go right to the parts you want. I also loved his infamous "send-off" of the HG 1/100 Wing Gundam.

I posted my upcoming purchase questions a bit too soon to be on this thread. Good idea, though, GNZ.

Zeta-G
January 16, 2011, 3:56 PM
Been watchin rrobert for a whiles now. I have a similar build style to him (albeit not as good as he is) and I appreciate his candid insight. The best thing he ever did was split up reviews: you can go right to the parts you want. I also loved his infamous "send-off" of the HG 1/100 Wing Gundam.

I posted my upcoming purchase questions a bit too soon to be on this thread. Good idea, though, GNZ.
I cheered when that piece of crap took a dive.

Zeta
January 26, 2011, 9:05 PM
I too am a rrobbert184 fan. His review of the MG Wing Gundam also helped reignited my passion for Gunpla. After watching many of his reviews, my criteria for models are: few loose parts, a challenging and enjoyable build, great articulation (180 deg. in the arms and legs), a good MS (hero, villain, or grunt), and cost.

Kamari13
January 26, 2011, 9:20 PM
rrobbert184 has some great reviews 8-)

Allelujah
January 26, 2011, 9:38 PM
don't forget prime92 :D

Kamari13
January 26, 2011, 9:44 PM
yes prime has some nice reviews also but her getting into the marvel figures has kind of eh for me

squeam
January 26, 2011, 9:47 PM
My favorite reviewer is TimberNewtype. His videos are amazing, outstanding, spectacular and just splendid in every way. :D

For realz though, rrobbert is pretty good, Prime92 is actually a great resource for knowing what you'll get straight out-of-the-box, I also like vektar, vitzrsx(quirky) and BikerTrashWolf. 2Old4Toys is classic, too.

Kamari13
January 26, 2011, 11:18 PM
My favorite reviewer is TimberNewtype. His videos are amazing, outstanding, spectacular and just splendid in every way. :D

:lol: yeah Timber has some great reviews ;)

Zeta-G
January 27, 2011, 12:58 AM
F*** prime92. People who intentionally buy counterfeit goods are trash.

For realz though, rrobbert is pretty good, Prime92 is actually a great resource for knowing what you'll get straight out-of-the-box, I also like vektar, vitzrsx(quirky) and BikerTrashWolf. 2Old4Toys is classic, too.
Nice self-promotion there, squeam.

Kamari13
January 27, 2011, 12:59 AM
F*** prime92. People who intentionally buy counterfeit goods are trash.
and the sad thing is to keep buying them when you know there crap , just suck it up and buy the real deal

squeam
January 27, 2011, 6:14 AM
Yeah, I didn't get that whole phase; I mean, she obviously has quite a budget for Gunpla, so why buy the knock-offs. Not that TT Hongli is excusable at any time, but especially when you clearly have enough money to buy the real thing (and in most cases already have the real one).

Asterisk
January 27, 2011, 6:36 AM
I'll admit that I wanted that bootleg Nu Gundoom that was circulating the net last year, but only because it wasn't a straight bootleg of the Nu Gundam.

Kamari13
January 27, 2011, 7:09 AM
Yeah, I didn't get that whole phase; I mean, she obviously has quite a budget for Gunpla, so why buy the knock-offs. Not that TT Hongli is excusable at any time, but especially when you clearly have enough money to buy the real thing (and in most cases already have the real one).

very true squeam , have you seen her stuff when she feels the need to show off all of the boxes O.o

Allelujah
January 27, 2011, 12:50 PM
I just like how she makes the review that's all .. :) hahaha the truth is when I saw the review for TT hongli models I will change the channel :)) hahahha 'coz I know its a crap maybe not all but most. maybe you'll buy that model for diorama for wrecked gundams 'coz definitely you won't waste your money for bandai just for wrecking it up... hahaha.
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv310/Ryuk013/Allelujahsignature_edited-1.jpg

SilverFrameAstray
April 17, 2011, 11:46 PM
Get a Geara Zulu. Any of them.

Very Solid.
Badass Looking.
Wonderful Articulation.

Dem Legs.

Or if you want to throw some money around, get an Amatsu.

That was literally the most fun I have ever had building a kit. There is so much that goes on it, and it's a No-Grade for christ's sake.

I guess it's almost on par with a MG, but lacks a few of the same characteristics. It is an extremely sexy looking kit, and the stickers actually work extremely well with the kit.

Zeta
April 25, 2011, 9:02 PM
I'm thinking about getting the HGUC Sinanju and I was wondering do I need to paint the gold trim? Some feedback would be nice. Also, does this kit use an Action Base 1 or 2?

Asterisk
April 25, 2011, 9:26 PM
You'll need to paint the trim, and it uses type 2s. Damn fine kit, though. Good, solid joints, sharp detail, nice and sturdy.

Zeta
April 25, 2011, 9:57 PM
You'll need to paint the trim, and it uses type 2s. Damn fine kit, though. Good, solid joints, sharp detail, nice and sturdy.

What should I use to paint the trim, a gold Gundam Marker or actual paint?

GNzaku0023
April 25, 2011, 10:00 PM
Just be careful when working the feet. The joints ised to connect them to the legs are not the best in the world and mine broke while I was working on a Top Secret Pro....never mind. Anyways. It is a great kit but be patient when painting the gold, and don't worry if you go over the lines. You can use a black panel line marker to fix up mistakes!

squeam
July 6, 2011, 7:12 AM
Trying to keep things tidy, so I threw a couple of other threads in here.

Kerolovesgunpla
July 20, 2011, 11:50 AM
I was thinking of getting the MG strike rouge becuse I like the kit and it has the catapult I can use for other kits (RX-78-2 maybe). Should I get it or is there any standalone catapults that I can buy because I'm not sure it works with every gundam.

Zeta
July 20, 2011, 4:34 PM
You could get the either the Strike (just a recolor of Strike Rouge), Zeta Gundam 2.0 (not for beginners though), Mk II 2.0 (solid kit and easy to put together).

squeam
July 20, 2011, 4:38 PM
You could get the either the Strike (just a recolor of Strike Rouge), Zeta Gundam 2.0 (not for beginners though), Mk II 2.0 (solid kit and easy to put together).

*note: only the AEUG Mk II 2.0 comes with the stand, not the Titans version.

ItsVince725
July 20, 2011, 4:44 PM
If you want a cheap awesome Zeon MS, the HGUC Gouf Custom is a must.

Asterisk
July 20, 2011, 5:42 PM
*note: only the AEUG Mk II 2.0 comes with the stand, not the Titans version.

Nor the HD coating version. Sole reason I wanted the AEUG version was that stand ;_;

SilverFrameAstray
July 20, 2011, 8:40 PM
Nor the HD coating version. Sole reason I wanted the AEUG version was that stand ;_;

I've never gotten a stand with any kit! -grumble grumble stares at GNZ grumble-

I was actually looking in to getting that Gouf Custom. The new HG anyway. I need it for a thing i'm doin. I enjoy GNZ's a whole lot, so I was planning on getting it anyway.

Zeta
July 23, 2011, 11:29 PM
I'm not sure what to get for my next Master Grade. In my notes, I have listed the Zeta Gundam Ver. 2.0, the Freedom Gundam, & finally the Wing Gundam. All three are excellent kits but I'm not sure which one to get. A little help would be much appreciated.

Exia
July 23, 2011, 11:34 PM
I'm not sure what to get for my next Master Grade. In my notes, I have listed the Zeta Gundam Ver. 2.0, the Freedom Gundam, & finally the Wing Gundam. All three are excellent kits but I'm not sure which one to get. A little help would be much appreciated.

Well you could go with the D6(six sided die) method. 1 and 4 in favor of Zeta 2.0, 2 and 5 in favor of Freedom and, 3 and 6 in favor of Wing.

Zeta
July 24, 2011, 12:19 AM
So you want me to go the way of Two Face and make a decision based on chance? I don't know...

Kenico
July 24, 2011, 12:46 AM
My bro Ghost shepperd got Wing and its a beast! but Zeta sounds pretty awesome as well. so my money is either Wing or Zeta. me? id get em in that order.

Exia
July 24, 2011, 12:59 AM
So you want me to go the way of Two Face and make a decision based on chance? I don't know...

Well if you like all 3 kits and plan on getting them in the future, then why not?

Zeta
July 24, 2011, 1:16 AM
Well if you like all 3 kits and plan on getting them in the future, then why not?

Well OK, here I go [rolls die]. I roll four. And so my decision is the Zeta Gundam.

Kenico
July 24, 2011, 1:52 AM
Go for the Gold man. (still would have gon with Wing but hey thats me.) do me a favor though, could you tell me what its like after you get and build it? im a little curious about it and im considering to get that as a later project in the future.

Exia
July 24, 2011, 1:59 AM
Woo Zeta!

Think I might be doing another pic shoot, maybe show off my 1/144 Zeta in metallic. And some of other goodies of course.

Kenico
July 24, 2011, 2:19 AM
@Exia: Please do.

squeam
July 24, 2011, 8:14 AM
Well OK, here I go [rolls die]. I roll four. And so my decision is the Zeta Gundam.

Fate has definitely smiled on you, my friend. :)

Exia
August 9, 2011, 11:49 PM
I've been thinking about picking up some new stuff. I'm getting the Forever Gundam, kinda just fell in love it, but I'm also gonna pick up a 2nd model. Just don't know what to get, I'm thinking about GN-XIII A-LAWS, Nadleeh, or Deathscythe Hell. Anyone have any opinions on Nadleeh or GN-XIII A-LAWS? I've already built the Deathscythe Hell, so I know about that one. But that was years ago and I no longer have it.

GNzaku0023
August 10, 2011, 12:20 AM
Get Nadleeh of the GN-X

Exia
August 10, 2011, 12:25 AM
Yeah I pretty much kicked DSH off the list a few minutes after I posted it. Does Nadleeh come with the Virtue shoulder cannons? I don't know which one to get, I guess I could go the Dice method.....

I'm going with the Nadleeh.

SilverFrameAstray
August 10, 2011, 2:38 AM
Get the Seraphim and the Seravee 1/144. What is it like 30 bucks for the both of them? Or just dish out another ten for the 1/100.

I love my Seraphim to death about now.

Exia
August 10, 2011, 2:49 AM
Get the Seraphim and the Seravee 1/144. What is it like 30 bucks for the both of them? Or just dish out another ten for the 1/100.

I love my Seraphim to death about now.

I hope that wasn't directed at me. I already made my order, plus I don't like the Seraphim or Seravee.

squeam
August 10, 2011, 5:38 AM
Yeah I pretty much kicked DSH off the list a few minutes after I posted it. Does Nadleeh come with the Virtue shoulder cannons? I don't know which one to get, I guess I could go the Dice method.....

I'm going with the Nadleeh.

Nah, no cannons with the Nadleeh. You do, however, get a prettty nifty special rifle with a very unique clear pink efffect part. I got it on a whim a while back and found it to be a very underrated kit. It's fun! (hope you don't mind doing some panel lining)

Exia
August 10, 2011, 5:56 AM
Nah, no cannons with the Nadleeh. You do, however, get a prettty nifty special rifle with a very unique clear pink efffect part. I got it on a whim a while back and found it to be a very underrated kit. It's fun! (hope you don't mind doing some panel lining)

I don't do the whole panel lining and paint thing. Just not my thing. Fact is I rarely paint my models, except for my planned custom Exia but that's getting off topic.

And LOL, I got Nadleeh by chance. Did the old dice method, it was either that or the A-LAWS GN-XIII, came up for Nadleeh. Now I'll atleast own a Gundam from the 4 meisters, even though the real Lockon didn't pilot Cherridum.

squeam
August 10, 2011, 8:52 PM
Whatever makes it fun for you. I don't panel line every kit, I touch-up paint some kits, I've only fully painted a few, it depends. The Nadleeh is a much more solid kit, with more usable articulation than the GN-X, so I think you made a good call. or rather, your dice made a good call :)

gaspar
August 16, 2011, 8:23 PM
I have a little bit of money coming in the next couple of weeks and I wanted to see if there were any suggestions for someone interested in buying their first MG kit? I am seriously considering the MG RX-78-2 ver. 2.0 kit...I like the old-school / classic design, though I know it's not everyone's favorite. I like the RG RX-78-2 kit that I recently completed, so I am sure I'll be happy with that, but I don't want to pass up something that might be different and interesting. My main criteria are that I'd like to stick to something around $50-70...I could go a little over, but I'd rather not go too crazy. Also, I want something that will look really good without painting. I'm not at the painting level yet with my Gunpla experience, but I want it to look good with panel lining and detailing. Any thoughts or should I stick with my original idea of the MG RX-78-2 ver. 2.0? Thanks!

Red
August 16, 2011, 8:45 PM
The RX-78 2.0 is an amazing kit from what I've heard. Some other great kits within your price range (going by GSAM's prices) are the Infinite Justice, Shin Matsunaga Zaku II 2.0, 00 Quan[T], RX-178 Gundam MK II 2.0, Exia, GN-X, and Epyon. All of these should look great without any painting and just panel lined. Of course these aren't the only ones that will look great, I'm sure there are many others. Hope that helps.

squeam
August 16, 2011, 9:26 PM
Well, as usual, I'm going to express my Zeta bias and also recommend the RX-178 Mk II 2.0. The AEUG (gray) colored one come with a sweet action base that looks like a section of the Argama's hangar bay. It looks very nice as a straight build and has amazing articulation. Normally, I wouldn't suggest a 2.0 kit to start with, but given your history and experience with the Real Grade line, I think the difficulty won't be a problem. The RX-78-2 2.0 is a nice kit, too; just be aware that its looks harken back to the original MSG anime - not similar to the design asthetic of the RG Gundam. So, make sure you like that simplified look and series accurate proportions. I would also include the F91, Crossbone and Turn A (very unique!) but with this warning: panel lining vastly improves the looks of these kits, so they may not be up your alley. As always, I'm quite partial to the Nemo, especially as a Master Grade primer. If you like SEED or, at least, its designs, the Infinite Justice, Sword/Force Impulse and any of the Strike kits are a lot of fun and offer wonderful color seperation to make them look great straight out of the box.

gaspar
August 16, 2011, 10:54 PM
Thanks Red & squeam! I've looked up a few of those and they look pretty sweet! So, to narrow it down a bit...if you could recommend just one MG kit, or say you decided to buy one MG kit for a gift for someone with my experience, which would it be? I'm only going to be able to get one in a few weeks and I want to really make it count :D

Thanks again for all of the info and recommendations...I have a lot of web searching to do!

Heero Yuy
August 16, 2011, 10:58 PM
i've only built two now, one 1/144 wing zero custom, and i just finished a 1/100 high grade deathscythe hell. (I posted pics of them both on my profile.) Any recommendations on what kit i should get next? I'm open to any suggestions.

squeam
August 16, 2011, 11:12 PM
Definitely be the RX-178 Mark II 2.0 AEUG colors.

gaspar
August 17, 2011, 12:00 AM
Definitely be the RX-178 Mark II 2.0 AEUG colors.

That is pretty hot! Definitely high on the list!

GNzaku0023
August 17, 2011, 12:35 AM
Just as a bit of something different, and it's not too hard, just a bit challenging, either the MG Deathscythe or the MG Destiny (Not the EBM version) Both are phenomenal kits and have their degree of complications.

Zeta-G
August 17, 2011, 12:59 AM
F91, Infinite Justice, and Impulse all look pretty good. I'm not sure of the current price, given the stronger yen, but Musha Gundam Mk. II looks freaking amazing out of the box (I have pics of it somewhere in the model forums).

Zeta-G
August 17, 2011, 1:05 AM
If you want something from Wing, the 1/100 HG original Deathscythe looks great for what it is. If you're open to building something not in the Wing line, the 1/144 HG 0 Gundam ACD color is a good looking, beginner friendly kit.

gaspar
August 17, 2011, 1:23 AM
Just as a bit of something different, and it's not too hard, just a bit challenging, either the MG Deathscythe or the MG Destiny (Not the EBM version) Both are phenomenal kits and have their degree of complications.

Just checking out the Destiny...that is really awesome, but out of my price range most likely.

F91, Infinite Justice, and Impulse all look pretty good. I'm not sure of the current price, given the stronger yen, but Musha Gundam Mk. II looks freaking amazing out of the box (I have pics of it somewhere in the model forums).

Now I'm starting to lean toward the Infinite Justice...that's a pretty sweet looking Gundam!

Red
August 17, 2011, 1:28 AM
DO IT. You won't regret a thing. It may take you a while to finish it though.

Zeta-G
August 17, 2011, 1:33 AM
IJ is probably my favorite MG. I just really enjoyed building it, and the final product looks great. The backpack itself is about as much work as an old MG. If you do go with it, you won't be disappointed. I have photos of mine somewhere on this site (topic was only model on a deserted island or somesuch, I think). Mine's a straight build with nothing added other than panel lining.

gaspar
August 17, 2011, 1:39 AM
DO IT. You won't regret a thing. It may take you a while to finish it though.
LOL! Strongly considering it. I don't mind how long it takes...I've spent several days on the RGs. I'm expecting it would take longer.

IJ is probably my favorite MG. I just really enjoyed building it, and the final product looks great. The backpack itself is about as much work as an old MG. If you do go with it, you won't be disappointed. I have photos of mine somewhere on this site (topic was only model on a deserted island or somesuch, I think). Mine's a straight build with nothing added other than panel lining.
Very cool. I'll definitely have to look for that topic to check out the pics. It'll be a few weeks before I have the $$$ for it, but I'm really thinking this might be the one. Thanks for the info!

Zeta-G
August 17, 2011, 1:41 AM
LOL! Strongly considering it. I don't mind how long it takes...I've spent several days on the RGs. I'm expecting it would take longer.

Very cool. I'll definitely have to look for that topic to check out the pics. It'll be a few weeks before I have the $$$ for it, but I'm really thinking this might be the one. Thanks for the info!

Topic found (http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/96-If-you-could-keep-only-one-of-your-Gunpla...)

gaspar
August 17, 2011, 1:57 AM
Topic found (http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/96-If-you-could-keep-only-one-of-your-Gunpla...)

Very cool, thanks! I was just trying to find it. MG IJ looks really great in the pics!

Kenico
August 17, 2011, 6:44 AM
Likwise for both posts above, me? id go with either the ones stated above or one of the following Two: OO Raiser (which is a phenomenal kit to say the least) or the GN X (BTW: Squeam, my GN X should be coming in by the end of Today and again ill send you a full report when ive completed it. @ Gaspar: Ill send you a report as well Just Pm me if you either want to confirm or deny that.) bot MGs i might add.

Kenico
August 17, 2011, 6:48 AM
are you only into HGs or are you open to MGS, SGS, RGS, etc.?

GNzaku0023
August 17, 2011, 10:48 AM
Okay, I know I posted this a while back in this thread, but here's a few kits to take a look at, especially since you're just starting out.

gaspar
August 17, 2011, 11:44 AM
Likwise for both posts above, me? id go with either the ones stated above or one of the following Two: OO Raiser (which is a phenomenal kit to say the least) or the GN X (BTW: Squeam, my GN X should be coming in by the end of Today and again ill send you a full report when ive completed it. @ Gaspar: Ill send you a report as well Just Pm me if you either want to confirm or deny that.) bot MGs i might add.

Thanks for the suggestions! I really like the look of the OO Raiser, but it seems to be a bit more than I was hoping to pay at this time. The GN X is pretty hot though and definitely right in my price range! I'd love to see your report when you're done...please PM it to me!

are you only into HGs or are you open to MGS, SGS, RGS, etc.?

I've only built 1 HG and 2 RGs so far (with one more RG still boxed and waiting). I want to try a MG just because I've heard good things and I want to try something larger and more complex. But I'm open to just about anything at this early stage...

Okay, I know I posted this a while back in this thread, but here's a few kits to take a look at, especially since you're just starting out.

A lot of those are really sweet looking, but they're all HG, right? I'm looking to get a MG next just to try one out. Do they look ok without painting? My only HG looks a little cheap and plain just built out of the box, but the pics of those look pretty nice! I'll save those links though because they look really cool and HGs / RGs are typically more in my price range...Thanks!

GNzaku0023
August 17, 2011, 12:15 PM
Well then if you're looking for MG's, go with destiny, deathscythe, crossbone, or many of the 2.0 kits.

Zeta-G
August 17, 2011, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I really like the look of the OO Raiser, but it seems to be a bit more than I was hoping to pay at this time. The GN X is pretty hot though and definitely right in my price range! I'd love to see your report when you're done...please PM it to me!

I've only built 1 HG and 2 RGs so far (with one more RG still boxed and waiting). I want to try a MG just because I've heard good things and I want to try something larger and more complex. But I'm open to just about anything at this early stage...

A lot of those are really sweet looking, but they're all HG, right? I'm looking to get a MG next just to try one out. Do they look ok without painting? My only HG looks a little cheap and plain just built out of the box, but the pics of those look pretty nice! I'll save those links though because they look really cool and HGs / RGs are typically more in my price range...Thanks!

Most MGs look pretty good with nothing more than some lining; the biggest exceptions being the earlier MGs (say from before 2002 or so). The MG kits from SEED, Destiny, 00, and Unicorn should all look good with nothing but panel lining.

GNzaku0023
August 17, 2011, 12:37 PM
Any of the SEED/Destiny MG kits are downright phenomenal.

Kenico
August 17, 2011, 12:41 PM
Any MG kits from 2001-present are your best candidates for your money and especially those (and most members on the forum will definitely tell you i'm obessed with this feature) that either have pegs in the hands to fit in slots in the weapons or the other way around.

Heero Yuy
August 17, 2011, 6:40 PM

Awesome. I'm thinking i'm gonna hunt for MK. II. I've been working to unlock that one on dynasty warriors gundam 3 for a very long time now haha. I JUST unlocked knight gundam last night.

Kenico
August 24, 2011, 9:46 AM
@ Heero Yuy: if You want to get a Mk II I highly reccomend you get the Titans Version. Call me Darth Vaderish lol. Also, @ everybody else: I want to get the Destiny but im torn between the Normal version and the Extreme Blast mode. which one on that? and worst of all, im even more torn between this kit and the White Zeta, (piloted by a guy who looks like Amuro from Gundam Evolve whos codename is White Unicorn) and im torn between the two provided that White Zeta is available in MG form at GSAM. So fellas, which one should i get, the Destiny or White Zeta (unless its not available at GSAM)? and if the White Zeta is not available, should i get the Normal or Extreme Blast Version of Destiny?

Zeta-G
August 24, 2011, 12:42 PM
@ Heero Yuy: if You want to get a Mk II I highly reccomend you get the Titans Version. Call me Darth Vaderish lol. Also, @ everybody else: I want to get the Destiny but im torn between the Normal version and the Extreme Blast mode. which one on that? and worst of all, im even more torn between this kit and the White Zeta, (piloted by a guy who looks like Amuro from Gundam Evolve whos codename is White Unicorn) and im torn between the two provided that White Zeta is available in MG form at GSAM. So fellas, which one should i get, the Destiny or White Zeta (unless its not available at GSAM)? and if the White Zeta is not available, should i get the Normal or Extreme Blast Version of Destiny?

Read the post again, he's referring to the Musha Mk. II.

Also, White Zeta, if you can find it.

Kenico
August 24, 2011, 1:06 PM
whoops! oh well, i still recommend it hahaha!

@Zeta G: thanks for the Recom. just outta curiosity, does GSAM eve have the White Zeta? if not ,When do you think theyll have it?

squeam
August 24, 2011, 2:49 PM
They don't. Probably won't ever again, as it is "out of print". In fact, if you find it anywhere for under $100, let me know! As for Destiny recommendations...it seems as though we've discussed this before, let me look....

Oh. OK, it's the first question on this thread; GNZ asked about it, so look there.

Kenico
August 24, 2011, 3:47 PM
Thanks ill look into it.

HumanPackMule
September 10, 2011, 7:02 PM
If you want a white Zeta that badly you could always just order the regular one and paint it white.

Kenico
September 10, 2011, 7:35 PM
Ive thought about it, but ive decided to go with Destiny and GM.

Exia
October 29, 2011, 3:25 AM
Been meaning to ask this for a while.

UC: Zaku II Production Type 1/144
http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban922240.html

UC: Zaku F2 Zeon Type 1/144
http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban962025.html

UC: Zaku F2 EFSF 1/144
http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban962048.html

What's the difference?

And are the shoulder parts interchangeable? Like can the shield on the right go on the left and can the spike pad on the left go on the right?

And is the EFSF one really that white?

Thanks in advanced.

GNzaku0023
October 29, 2011, 4:27 AM
The shoulders are interchangeable and the first one you have listed is kinda derp. The other two are muuuuuch better. Better articulation and detail and better construction.
The EFSF one is not that white it's more of an army men tan. Decals are really nice too.

Kenico
December 10, 2011, 8:31 AM
Gentleman ive got it down to two candidates for my money, both of whom are MGs: the Sazabi or the Strike Noir. so fellas, which one do you think is better. and yes guys ive managed to kick the obsession of wanting the pegs in the hands.lol

bwxd
December 10, 2011, 12:38 PM
hey @kenyon if you want a mg sazabi i have one for sale. throw me your offer we can work something out. btw mine is the 30th anniversary with clear parts

Squee
December 10, 2011, 1:36 PM
It depends. If you really like the Sazabi, i'd say get it. Otherwise i'd suggest the Noir. I have both kits, and the MG Sazabi has really bad posability, whereas the Noir is just awesomeness! Mind you, the Sazabi is a much older kit, so this is to be expected but it really comes down to what you want to do with the kit.

userpay
December 18, 2011, 12:03 PM
Hello ya'll, not quite beginner (at least 8 1/144 HG kits under my belt) coming in here looking to get a few new models now that he actually has cash flow and there's holiday sales about. Anyway my primary question is at what point do the kits require painting? I ask this because I want to stay away from that as it'll take way more money and time than I've got now so I'm pretty much looking for kits where the colors are more or less good out of the box (though later in life I might consider painting). In particular I'm eying thegundamstoreandmore's Gundam Surprise Packs since that seems to be the best deal right now, particularly the one that comes with the 1/100 HG gundam.

In terms of gundams in particular I'm looking for I've always liked the dakka heavy ones like Heavyarms. Any recommendations for dakka gundams?

Also, and I know this might be out of place being for gundams and all, but I was curious if anyone might know where to get a Gurren Lagann kit if they exist?

edit: Actually are there any good quadrupedal gundam kits? Just saw the gundam Scalebane someone made which looks awesome.

Skittles
December 18, 2011, 2:22 PM
iirc, there are Gurren Lagann kits (and I think we welcome pretty much all plamo here - I know the board will get stuck with details when I start tackling SRW and Macross kits), but they're pretty low-quality/need a LOT of work to look good.

Kits require painting when you think they require painting. As in, when things being the incorrect colors/not enough stickers starts to annoy you. 1/144s are worse for this, HG 1/100s are better and MGs better yet. The more parts (alas, the more expensive), the more likely it is that the plastic will be the right color to begin with.

userpay
December 18, 2011, 4:09 PM
iirc, there are Gurren Lagann kits (and I think we welcome pretty much all plamo here - I know the board will get stuck with details when I start tackling SRW and Macross kits), but they're pretty low-quality/need a LOT of work to look good.

Thus far I've only found one type of Gurren Lagann kit, which is why in part I was asking around, and it even suggests getting paint to spruce it up. Not to mention it seems fairly pricy.

Kits require painting when you think they require painting. As in, when things being the incorrect colors/not enough stickers starts to annoy you. 1/144s are worse for this, HG 1/100s are better and MGs better yet. The more parts (alas, the more expensive), the more likely it is that the plastic will be the right color to begin with.

I suppose that's a good way of putting it. For some reason I had it stuck in my head that as you go up the quality scale there was going to be more work (not counting that theres more pieces) such as painting in order to make them look decent which was why I was double checking. If that's not the case that'll make me quite the happy camper indeed. I'll probably browse till the end of the day if not wait till tomorrow before getting anything while I wait to see if there's any more comments/suggestions on any of the topics in my original post. I think I need to go move some money around in my bank account anyway...

Skittles
December 18, 2011, 5:04 PM
The ones I think I'm thinking of were maybe $8-10 and about the same quality as SEED No-Grades. But they might have made some different ones, too.

Check out http://dalong.net/ - the site is in Korean, but the menus are in English (and it's easy to nagivate anyway). Most of his kits are straight builds, and when he does paint in details, he marks it in his photos. Looking through is a great way to figure out how a kit is going to look with a simple snap-build.

userpay
December 18, 2011, 5:31 PM
The ones I think I'm thinking of were maybe $8-10 and about the same quality as SEED No-Grades. But they might have made some different ones, too.

Check out http://dalong.net/ - the site is in Korean, but the menus are in English (and it's easy to nagivate anyway). Most of his kits are straight builds, and when he does paint in details, he marks it in his photos. Looking through is a great way to figure out how a kit is going to look with a simple snap-build.

Oh wow that site looks amazing, thanks for posting it. I'll probably just run a page through babelfish when I come across one I like.

Kenico
December 28, 2011, 7:09 AM
alright fellas, ive got enough money for one kit and ive boiled it down to two: MG Strike E and MG Strike Noir. i love both of these two kits but i can only get 1. im leanin toward the MG Strike Noir, but i wanted to hear your opinions on them.

Asterisk
December 28, 2011, 7:18 AM
Get the Noir. It has everything the Strike E comes with and more.

squeam
December 28, 2011, 9:54 AM
^What he said. Noir, hands down.

Kenico
December 29, 2011, 10:59 AM
ive heard reveiws on the Noir (which is what im gonna get), but how many and what kind of hands does it have (those Rocket anchors that fire out of the hands really got my attention and i want to know how many it comes with and what other hands it comes with it)?

Exia
December 29, 2011, 11:16 AM
ive heard reveiws on the Noir (which is what im gonna get), but how many and what kind of hands does it have (those Rocket anchors that fire out of the hands really got my attention and i want to know how many it comes with and what other hands it comes with it)?

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m100/m100_p.htm

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m100/p/m100_24.jpg

Kenico
December 29, 2011, 11:43 AM
Thanks man, now i REALLY want this kit!

Exia
December 29, 2011, 11:44 AM
Yup, no problem.

Computerbug
January 1, 2012, 5:04 PM
Hello everyone. I'm sort of a newbie to the whole world of gundam models and so I need a little advice. Before recently all I ever got were a couple no-grades as gifts but for christmas I decided to get the master grade GOGG model and I absolutely love it! But since I just skipped from NG to MG I don't really know much about high grades other than what I've read in reviews. So now I have about $80 to send on gundam models and I was wondering, do you guys here think I should just get 1 or 2 master grade or should I start collecting high grades instead? Thanks in advance!

Red
January 1, 2012, 7:57 PM
Welcome to the forums!

I guess it really comes down to scale. Do you prefer larger or smaller kits? HGs are smaller but there is a much larger variety in which suit you can pick from. Over the years the quality of this line has substantially increased, what with better articulation, posing, and parts in the right color. I've heard pretty good stuff from the 00 and Unicorn line. MGs are larger but there is less of a selection compared to HGs. They also tend to be more detailed, articulated, feature neat little gimmicks, and are pretty color accurate out of the box. I'd say get a rather cheap MG (~$35-$40) and one or two HGs with the remaining money. Both are excellent lines so you can't really go wrong.

As for RGs, they're kind of a fusion between HGs and MGs. I'd back off of these for a bit until you get some more experience under your belt since they contain a lot of small parts. You probably already knew a bunch of what I just said but I hope that helps.

Computerbug
January 1, 2012, 10:03 PM
Thank you, Red! After receiving your advice I decided to get the master-grade Acguy and the high-grade Hy-gogg. I've built a couple models other than gundam so I'd probably be okay with the RGs but I haven't really seen many that have "called to me" as much. So I guess my collection will be a little mixed. Thanks again!

SilverFrameAstray
January 1, 2012, 10:46 PM
Thank you, Red! After receiving your advice I decided to get the master-grade Acguy and the high-grade Hy-gogg. I've built a couple models other than gundam so I'd probably be okay with the RGs but I haven't really seen many that have "called to me" as much. So I guess my collection will be a little mixed. Thanks again!

Love you forever.
MG Acguy is amazing, but happens to be one of the heaviest 1/100's. It's neat and all~
You can get NG and HG 1/100's too. Which are cheaper than MGs and some happen to be better that way i.e. Turn A.

Red
January 1, 2012, 11:44 PM
Glad I could help. Good choices getting the Acguy and Hy-Gogg. And yeah, if you don't feel like shelling out a bunch for an MG the 1/100 NGs are also available.

@SFA: The NG 1/100 Turn A may be great, but does it come with a 1/100 scale cow?

squeam
January 2, 2012, 6:09 AM
It does. And it is spectacular.

Red
January 2, 2012, 1:17 PM
I knew the MG does, but does the NG 1/100 come with it?

Asterisk
January 2, 2012, 1:54 PM
I'm so torn by the Turn A. On one hand, I really DO NOT like its design....but at the same time, it stares at me so hard.

ItsVince725
January 4, 2012, 5:01 PM
I'd like opinions on these kits:

HG Justice Gundam
HG Legend Gundam

Are they bad SEED or good SEED?

GNzaku0023
January 4, 2012, 6:33 PM
Idk about Justice, but Legend was a phenomenal 1/100, and I've seen nothing but positive reviews for the HG counterpart. It also comes with a stand and clear effect parts for the DRAGOONS. And a clear beam shield. Definitely go for it.

ItsVince725
January 4, 2012, 7:17 PM
Idk about Justice, but Legend was a phenomenal 1/100, and I've seen nothing but positive reviews for the HG counterpart. It also comes with a stand and clear effect parts for the DRAGOONS. And a clear beam shield. Definitely go for it.

I can't find any reviews of regular Justice in either scale, it seems everyone only wants to review Infinite Justice...

Skittles
January 5, 2012, 12:14 PM
1/144 Legend is a lovely kit and has nice effects parts. I'd definitely recommend it. As for Justice, the 1/100 isn't bad, but it does have a lot of stickers for details on the backpack, which might be a little off-putting. Also, the entire backpack is pretty much just a couple of huge pieces of plastic, and looks about like that. If you'd like some photos, let me know and I can post 'em.

Zeta
January 5, 2012, 7:56 PM
Hey how is the 1/100 Saviour Gundam? I've been thinking about getting it since there isn't a Master Grade coming anytime soon (plus. I saw the 1/144 HG of it and the proportions seem off).

ItsVince725
January 5, 2012, 8:24 PM
1/144 Legend is a lovely kit and has nice effects parts. I'd definitely recommend it. As for Justice, the 1/100 isn't bad, but it does have a lot of stickers for details on the backpack, which might be a little off-putting. Also, the entire backpack is pretty much just a couple of huge pieces of plastic, and looks about like that. If you'd like some photos, let me know and I can post 'em.

I'd love some.

And Zeta, the 1/100 Savior is a pretty good kit, both in regular form and Vent Savior form. SEED Destiny 1/100s are pretty good overall, except for, say, the Impulses.

Gale
January 8, 2012, 10:20 PM
Hey, how are the Star Gazer and Strike Noir HGs? I rather like those designs, and am itching to buy some more HGs. I know the stargzaer comes with stickers for it inlaid gold/black bits, but I wouldn't mind painting that, in fact I could use the practice. Also, how is the 105 Dagger Hg?

Zeta
January 8, 2012, 11:09 PM
The Stargazer is a phenomenal HG. Here's a link to a review of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUoiexjdsRk. The Strike Noir... I don't know anything about, but I sure someone here knows about it.

squeam
January 9, 2012, 6:20 AM
I second that sentiment wholeheartedly! The iridescent yellow stickers are actually really cool and it would be hard to replicate their shimmery-ness with paint. Unless you're just that good :)

Asterisk
January 9, 2012, 9:02 AM
It might not be common knowledge, but when I get a new kit, I almost immediately toss out stickers. I keep the various marking decals, but not detail stickers.
That said, I kept the leftover sheet from Zelite's Stargazer, as well as my Gundam X's Satellite panels' sheet for backing for clear pieces and what not.

DinaMight1945
January 21, 2012, 11:49 PM
Right, guys... I was referred to this thread by a very helpful Exia. Would any of you know of kits that are HG and up that you would recommend for a beginner? I like the looks of the RX-0 in Unicorn mode but I also have a burning love for anything G Gundam. Basically anything Unicorn, G Gundam, or SEED from what I have seen would be nice, but what really sells me is weapons. It for sure needs to have swords or guns or the like.

GNzaku0023
January 22, 2012, 12:20 AM
I happen to have built two of the HGUC Unicorn gundam kits, plus it's destroy mode counter part. The regular mode comes with a hyper bazooka, four beam saber hilts, and two beam effects. It also has the closed version of it's shield. The Destroy mode comes with the beam magnum and open shield. Both come with various manipulators (hands)
The actual Unicorn mode kit is quite phenomenal, good articulation and nice attention to detail. There's also a very easy mod you can do to the legs to make them bend more than 90*. It's also a fairly easy kit to build, just a few small parts here and there that can be a pain when nub trimming. There's really nothing flashy to it, and it can't use the beam tonfas (can use beam sabers though) but it's a great kit nonetheless. If you get it and want to panel line it, use a fine tipped mechanical pencil. The light gray does wonders on the white plastic as opposed to the black ink from markers. As far as stickers go, you've only got two or three, one for the visor, one for the rear camera (I think), and one for the scope on the hyper bazooka, other than that, you get no extra decals or marking seals.

Here's a few pictures of my kit. I haven't gotten around to building the Hyper Bazooka for it yet, and I did some of the panel lines in red to show the psychoframe highlights, but I used the mechanical pencil for everything else. Also you can see how the leg bends more than 90* back and a comparison between the Unicorn mode and Destroy Mode.

Hope this helped!

DinaMight1945
January 22, 2012, 12:40 AM
That Unicorn mode certainly is short compared to Destroy mode, but I like it. Gives it a sleeper feel: you never know when the beast will awaken.

Exia
January 22, 2012, 1:49 AM
I'll recommend the HG Exia model. It's got the 7 sword system and is pretty easy to put together. Though I can't be certain of build ease as I have built around 7 of them, so it may just be me.

Gale
January 22, 2012, 9:14 PM
hey!
I have enough money for 2 Hgs at the ~20$ range.
And so, I need help deciding which pair to get!
I rather like getting suits of opposing factions, so here is a list of candidates:
1. Stargazer & Strike Noir
2.Zeta & Gabthley
3.Infinite Justice & Sword Impulse/Strike Freedom
4.Gouf Custom & Gundam Ground type
5.Methuss & Palace Athene
6.105 Dagger + Gunbarrel & Cgue DEEP Arms type
7.Stark Jegan & Jesta(not opposing, but both are quite cool)

so, let me know which you think would be the best pair, or recommend another pair!

Zeta
January 22, 2012, 9:27 PM
Go for Gouf and Ground! The articulation for both blows their Master Grade counterparts out of the water.

squeam
January 22, 2012, 10:57 PM
Best overall: Stargazer and Strike Noir. Both are highly articulate and have really cool gimmicks. And Stargazer is just one of my favorite HGs overall.

But, Gabthley is better, imo. Unfortunately, the HGUC Zeta isn't close to comparing with those newer SEED Stargazer kits. Gouf Custom is crazy fun, but Ground Type is kinda...meh. So these two pairs are too uneven to hold up against the others as a duo.

Stark Jegan and Jesta is probably the most advanced pairing, but the 2 kits are too similar for me to suggest getting them over another "vs." team.

If I were to pick my top 2 from the list it would be Stargazer and Gabthley...but they have no business together :)

Joe
January 23, 2012, 12:16 AM
I'll also agree to the Gundam Ground Type and Gouf Custom. AWESOME kits with great accessories!

DinaMight1945
January 31, 2012, 10:20 PM
Back again, guys, for MG recommendations. I have seen many reviews on some really good kits on youtube, particularly from rrobbert184. I really am interested in a kit like RX-0, but cannot decide if I were to get the MG version, which one I would get. I am a problem solver so I think starting with a MG would be interesting, especially considering how many car and airplane models I have done. I liked what I saw on Full Armor Unicorn but not sure I want to spend that much for such a brick with all the weapons on it. There's also the ver Ka which seems to be a nice solid kit, judging by the reviews I have seen. I am stuck with a tough decision, especially considering how much I get for that extra money with the Full Armor.

Zeta
January 31, 2012, 10:50 PM
The MG Unicorn is indeed a brick of a model. The Full Armor, in my opinion, is too top heavy and too bulky. It's awesome, but again bulky. Generally if any MG has Ver.Ka. on it, you try to avoid those (Crossbone Gundam X-1 is an exception). As for recommendations, I recommend MG F-91 (small, but solid), MG Freedom (no peg-in-palm hands, but very solid and flexible), MG Wing (it transforms, it's sturdy, and sate of the art), and finally Destiny Gundam (you may or may not have trouble with the hips, but it is with its weapons that Destiny shines and are not afraid to shell out the extra money for the Extreme Blast Mode).

DinaMight1945
January 31, 2012, 11:06 PM
I will admit that Freedom sounds extremely tempting as I have quite the crush on that design. Wing is also a looker in design. I may go ahead and shell out for Full Armor Unicorn if funds allow. If not, Freedom and Wing will be for sure the first two to get a spot in the middle of my display shelf.

squeam
February 1, 2012, 6:07 AM
I suggest getting the Wing MG over the Freedom MG. The Freedom is pretty, but it really shows its age in terms of detail, inner frame, weapon holding, etc. The newer MG Wing is waaay nicer and is around the same price. If you want an incredible Freedom model, grab the new RG. It is flat-out amazing and can be bought for under $30.

As far as which MG Unicorn, I say get one of the OVA versions as they have more articulation and some of the design flaws were updated and fixed, to a certain extent.

om3rta
February 5, 2012, 11:00 PM
I really want to get another PG, and I've been looking at the GP01. Anyone else have a PG GP01, and if so would you recommend it?

GNzaku0023
February 11, 2012, 9:59 PM
So despite my broken arm, I'm looking at buying two different kits, can't make up my mind. The HGUC Banshee Destroy Mode or the HGAGE Adele. Help meeeeee!!

Kenico
February 11, 2012, 10:01 PM
id go with the Adele, but if you want something a little crazy, id go with the Banshee on that note.

squeam
February 11, 2012, 10:25 PM
Buy the Adele. Then you can tell me what it's like, so I can decide if I want to buy it. Yeah, I'm selfish.

GNzaku0023
February 12, 2012, 7:02 AM
I actually saw that it doesn't come out till March 8th, so I'mma go ahead and get the Banshee.
BUT
The Adele can use Spallow and Titus Gear, in addition to the G-Bouncer Back Pack (which looks great on the thing). Very Modular, very cool.
Other than that though, it doesn't look like you get much with the Adele other than it's prettiness. Shield, Dods rifle, beam sabers, removable face mask, that's really it.
It's got all the articulation of the AGE-1 Normal, as it's pretty much the same thing.

Kenico
February 12, 2012, 7:41 AM
on another topic ive gotta question: (it doesnt really matter im still gettin the badass kit) but can the High Grade Stark Jegan's Shoulder mounted missile pods be detacted? if any one can answer this id be really appreciative. lol

To all: dont answer the question above. got my answers from a friend of mine lol.

Zeta
February 14, 2012, 7:45 PM
Hey which Re-GZ is better, the Master Grade or the HGUC?

squeam
February 14, 2012, 10:16 PM
I would definitely say the HGUC. The MG is a brick.

Zeta
February 14, 2012, 10:21 PM
Really? How old is the Master Grade?

squeam
February 15, 2012, 6:28 AM
2001. And it shows. I have it and it looks really cool, but getting it into any type of decent pose is a chore/next to impossible. The transformation really handicaps its mobility, it can barely hold the rifle (and only in a derpy way), and it requires a little more paint/detail work than expected for an MG.

The HGUC, on the other hand, was released in 2008. It has all the detail (if not a bit more) of the MG, without sacrificing so much to the gods of transformation. Its ankles actually allow for a stance wider than just straight vertical legs, it has more elbow articualtion, just as many accessories (cept for a lil pilot figure and stand for hold the extra space fighter parts), and cost less. So, unless you have found a super cheap MG, I'd 100% say "get the HGUC!"

The Ogre
March 15, 2012, 12:52 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the HGUC 1/144 Hy-Gogg? I'm on the fence about getting it and would like to know what others thought before going out to buy the model.

squeam
March 15, 2012, 6:24 AM
Buy it! It is a great kit. Seriously. I shot a review of it if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKM1V0k1jTE&feature=player_detailpage

CKai Cydek
March 15, 2012, 10:38 AM
Should Bandai ever release a Master Grade of the Hy-Gogg, I'd pounce on that like a ten-cent breakfast. That monster would complete my MG Zeonic amphibious trio.

Zeta
March 27, 2012, 2:46 AM
I'm a little stuck on what to get for my next kit. It's either the HGUC Gryphios War set, the HGUC Nu Gundam & Sazabi together, the HGUC Re-GZ, or the MG Heavyarms Gundam. Any help and opinions would be nice. Mind you, I'm taking pricing and shipping into account.

CKai Cydek
March 27, 2012, 5:31 AM
I'm a little stuck on what to get for my next kit. It's either the HGUC Gryphios War set, the HGUC Nu Gundam & Sazabi together, the HGUC Re-GZ, or the MG Heavyarms Gundam. Any help and opinions would be nice. Mind you, I'm taking pricing and shipping into account.

The Gryphios War set sounds like a good deal. Though a Master Grade Heavyarms is a very nice purchase, especially if you want to complete a Wing Gundams collection of MGs. But if I had to choose based on the standalone kits themselves, I'd say go for the Nu & Sazabi. They'd make for nice combat poses against each other.

squeam
March 27, 2012, 6:25 AM
I'd go for the Nu/Sazabi. Both those kits are extremely good and, as CKai said, make a perfect duo.

thwalker13
March 27, 2012, 7:26 AM
I plan on ordering the RX178 MK.II Titans 2.0 here soon. Along with what ever HG kit my wife picks out. (I'm trying to get her into Gundam and Gunpla)

Joe
March 27, 2012, 3:44 PM

The Gryphios War set is VERY good! You get three kits including what I would consider the BEST version of Hyaku Shiki (The gold plating is too gold, and the brown one that comes with the hyper launcher thing is a very BAD color). The muted blue on the Zeta is a lot better than the brighter blue of the normal release. The only downside is if you've already got Super Gundam and the Ride Armor Gundam Mk II set, you get yet another Mk II, but this one is a light grey instead of white (I like it and since I loved the HGUC Mk II, this wasn't an issue for me).

Zeta
March 27, 2012, 4:36 PM
The Gryphios War set is VERY good! You get three kits including what I would consider the BEST version of Hyaku Shiki (The gold plating is too gold, and the brown one that comes with the hyper launcher thing is a very BAD color). The muted blue on the Zeta is a lot better than the brighter blue of the normal release. The only downside is if you've already got Super Gundam and the Ride Armor Gundam Mk II set, you get yet another Mk II, but this one is a light grey instead of white (I like it and since I loved the HGUC Mk II, this wasn't an issue for me).

I don't have any HGUC Mk II kits, but I plan on getting the flying armor and G-Defenser set so I don't have to get more Mk II's. Plus, I was thinking of painting the Mk II in a lighter gray to bring it closer to the white of the anime Mk II while still maintaining it's military grayness.

Exia
March 27, 2012, 11:45 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on the G-Bouncer or Beginning J Gundam? Both in the HG 1/144 scale.

Asterisk
March 27, 2012, 11:52 PM
No idea about the G-Bouncer, but I have J, and it's pretty nice. Requires a LOT of paint, though.

Exia
March 27, 2012, 11:56 PM
No idea about the G-Bouncer, but I have J, and it's pretty nice. Requires a LOT of paint, though.

It's been well documented that I don't paint, but what exactly needs paint?

CKai Cydek
March 28, 2012, 1:53 AM
It's been well documented that I don't paint, but what exactly needs paint?

As I understand it, all the new parts that modify the Beginning Gundam into the J variant require paint. Bandai molded the new runners all in white, so you're gonna need to paint the new parts up if you want to match the box art. One of the reasons I'm probably not gonna get it, the other reason being that the swords don't seem as impressive as I once thought...I might hold out for the upcoming M1 Astray instead.

The G-Bouncer however, is pure win - great articulation, great armaments with a snazzy looking shield/melee weapon. And a little frustrating for me due to the fact that I can't find one anywhere!! Bloody thing is sold out & it's taking a while to restock...

squeam
March 28, 2012, 6:20 AM
If you don't want to paint, I'd most definitely go for the G-Bouncer. Not only does the J require paint/stickers to pull off most of the red details, but those stickers go on raised dome parts where the circular stickers will absolutely be creased and ugly.

The Ogre
April 4, 2012, 9:51 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the 1/100 MG Qubeley Mark II (Puru 2)? I seen jabman025's Youtube video review of it and am tempted to get it.

Zeta
April 8, 2012, 4:08 AM
Question, which version of the MG RX-78-2 Gundam should I get? I know that the 2.0 is great, but I like to know how the OYW version, the Ver. Ka., and the 1.5 stack up compared against the 2.0. Some feedback would be much appreciated.

Ikaoru
June 5, 2012, 6:17 PM
I'm in a good mood because I can move on to my next project

"Non-Main" Main Servants

To those who doesn't have idea, it's from a series Fate/Stay Night. There are 12 classes (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Servant) (7 normal classes and 5 who aren't normal). And I'm looking for 1/144 grades since they have a lot of selections to choose from. Sadly, it will take me a while to complete them and I need a list to prepare.

Rules:

1) Must be available in 1/144
2) No main characters from main series (you can, however, help me choose like Stargazer from side story).
3) I won't choose if I already have it in other grades.

Saber - Throne Zwei?

Lancer - Throne Drei?

Archer -

Rider -

Caster - Stargazer

Assassin - Throne Drei?

Berserker -

Avenger -

Saver -

Monster -

Ruler - Reborns?

Beast - Kshatriya

As for Reborns as ruler, I was thinking on putting in archer since he reminded me of Gilgamesh. Since I like Reborns unit, maybe another class can appropriate for him?

Executionervt009
June 5, 2012, 10:00 PM
Haven't watched fate/stay night, just fate/zero, but....

Saber has got to be either Exia or 00 Raiser with gnsword III or Seven sword/g you just cant go wrong with a giant sword on the arm even tho its a main char...

Rider should be Master gundam with fun siaki... the hose thingy

Archer id go with the Akatsuki from seed destiny

Lancer.... probably the A-laws gn-x III with that big lance weapon from 00

Caster, i think you nailed it with stargazer.

Assassin.... susanowo from 00 or strike noir

berserker... im going with the Gaia

Ikaoru
June 6, 2012, 12:50 AM
Haven't watched fate/stay night, just fate/zero, but....

Saber has got to be either Exia or 00 Raiser with gnsword III or Seven sword/g you just cant go wrong with a giant sword on the arm even tho its a main char...

Rider should be Master gundam with fun siaki... the hose thingy

Archer id go with the Akatsuki from seed destiny

Lancer.... probably the A-laws gn-x III with that big lance weapon from 00

Caster, i think you nailed it with stargazer.

Assassin.... susanowo from 00 or strike noir

berserker... im going with the Gaia

I like your list and some of them are on the spot.

Exia variants. I got a couple of them and don't want to include in the list. Granted that he has a buster sword but he's a "main-main" character.

Master is a good choice. Too bad that there aren't that much MS that fit on riding part since I considered Master Asia as a "main-main" (my taste though).

Susanowo is an awesome choice for Assassin. I remember that Assassin IS/WAS a Samurai

A-Laws... eh... not much of an "oomph" because it feels like a regular mook that can be taken down. Maybe I should focus more on the non-main character's personalized/unique unit like Susanowo. Although Patrick Colasour IS an awesome character.

Akatsuki as an Archer feels like an appropriate "hero-type." Although, gold is a bit too much.

Gaia as Berserker fits! I tend to forget that Stella is a bit oddball psychological wise.

Noir is a good choice as well.

So here's my current list

Saber - Throne Zwei

Lancer - A-laws GN-XIII?

Archer - Akatsuki

Rider - Master?

Caster - Stargazer

Assassin - Susanowo

Berserker - Gaia

----------------------------

Avenger - Throne Drei

Saver - Eins

Monster -

Ruler - Reborns

Beast - Kshatriya

The "?" means that I'm not convinced that it should be on the list. Until I find something that fits the Rider-feel... Master is the best candidate. I need something more than that. Same thing with A-laws...

I need Strike Noir to be on the list~! >.>

Kenico
June 6, 2012, 1:49 PM
hey guys i just came into some cash and im torn between three MG suits: Sazabi, Inifnite Justice, and Strike Noir. i dont know which one to get any suggestions?

As for your rider id recomend one of the following:

Dra-C

ReZel

Asshimar

Gaplant

Murasame (the suit not the newtype lol)

buCue

Flag

Raider gundam

Thats pretty much all i can think of so far...

As for your Lancer:

GM Striker

a Crossbone Vanguard Suit (gotta lance and if you can find one super jelly)

GNX IV (still a good idea)

Geara Doga

Gera Zulu

Brave (Grunt & Commander)

Gadessa

And finally for your monster:

Tieren

Zee Zulu (what can i say, it looks monstorous)

Dreissen

Loto

Gelgoog (any variants)

Schuzrum-Dias

Rick Dias

Marasai

ZGok E

Dom (any vairants)

Quebley

HiZack

Bawoo (not sure about this one, but it looked monsterous enough to get on my list)

ItsVince725
June 6, 2012, 2:08 PM
Infinite Justice is a bitchin' MG with a lot of stuff to do...but then again, so is Strike Noir.

thwalker13
June 6, 2012, 2:13 PM
I'd probably get the Infinite Justice or the Strike Noir. Both are on my to buy list.

Kenico
June 6, 2012, 4:33 PM
so either the IJ or the SN. which one would one would win in a fight? who ever would win will be the one i get.

thwalker13
June 6, 2012, 4:45 PM
I would put money on the Infinite Justice. And here is why. The Strike Noir is based off of the regular Strike. With just different armaments. And the Justice is the sister unit to the Strike Freedom. Which should have at least 4X the power of the regular Strike. So unless the Noir's power was increased. The Justice should have the clear power advantage.

Kenico
June 6, 2012, 5:52 PM
so i should get the IJ?

Executionervt009
June 6, 2012, 7:07 PM
I'd go Infinite Justice personally, but that's just me... plus I have 2 Strikes :P

Kenico
June 6, 2012, 8:05 PM
Question: what color is the black on Strike Noir and can does Tamiya or whoever have that color?

Ikaoru
June 6, 2012, 11:41 PM
Rider

ReZel

Lancer:

Crossbone Vanguard Suit (can't find a 1/144... good candidate)

GNX IV (like it more)

Brave (Commander) (love it)

Monster:

Zee Zulu (what can i say, it looks monstorous) (agreed)

Quebley

Bawoo

Love it! The problem I have is choosing for Lancer and Monster... I can't find 1/144 Crossbone :/

Thanks for the suggestions. 2 more classes to choose! :D

Saber - Throne Zwei

Lancer - A-laws GN-XIII ???

Archer - Akatsuki

Rider - Rezel

Caster - Stargazer

Assassin - Susanowo

Berserker - Gaia

----------------------------

Avenger - Throne Drei

Saver - Eins

Monster - ???

Ruler - Reborns

Beast - Kshatriya

Kenico
June 9, 2012, 6:24 PM
Guys im thinking about instead of gettin the IJ, is the Delta Plus any good?

Ikaoru
June 10, 2012, 2:12 AM
What's IJ?

Exia
June 10, 2012, 2:16 AM
What's IJ?

Infinate Justice.

Kenico
June 10, 2012, 2:33 AM
:3 i know how you feel but once you get the basic lingo down, its pretty easy to figure out whats what lol. any way, about my question, does anyone have an opinion about the Delta Plus MG? like is it good or what?

Squee
June 10, 2012, 9:36 AM
I love my Delta Plus. The ankles are a little weak, but most of the slimmer MG's coming out nowadays have this problem. It does tend to fall backwards, but if you bend the knees and pose it right this wont be a problem. Or better yet, stick it on a action base. It IS a flight type mobile suit. lol

Other complaints i hear around the internet is it's inability to hold the gun. To which i have to say, you're not doing it right lol

"Look ma, no fingers!"
http://i55.tinypic.com/v6llq8.jpg

Also, if you plan to tranform it, be aware that you pretty much have to almost take the limbs off to do so, you have to pull them out so far lol

Deathscythe!
June 10, 2012, 12:02 PM
As I can see , nothing has been posted for the last few hours. Now I'd like you to be telling me what kind of Kit is most appropriate for me to buy, considering me as a total beginner who has never built any kit.
I've been trying to get a kit, but since the last time I said I would've bought the XXXG-01D2 EW MG (I had not actually been told that building a MG as a beginner could be hard to do. ), I've found different ways to get to start building "Gundams."

What I am looking at now, is the RG RX-178 GUNDAM MK-II A.E.U.G (http://www.gundamplanet.com/rg-rx-178-gundam-mk-ii-a-e-u-g.html), that has recently been released. I do not care about buying the AEUG or Titans model, both are available, so buying it does not appear to be difficult. I've also found the RX-78GP02 (http://www.gundamplanet.com/hguc-rx-78gp02-gundam-mlrs.html) making an impressive expression to me.

Tending to make a good impression to all of you, I am posting the RX-78-2 Titanium Finish version I found 2 mins ago. HERE (http://www.gundamplanet.com/mg-rx-78-2-gundam-ver-2-0-titanium-finish.html)

So, what do you think I should be getting these days?

(BTW , the Euros are taking place currently and are being watched by me. Is anybody else watching the Euros here :D ?)

Executionervt009
June 10, 2012, 5:16 PM
Start with a High Grade. Build what you like.

Whether you like the show it's in, the colors, the design of the suit, the pilot, the weapons, you're best bet is to find one you have some sort of connection to.

You're not gonna have as much fun building a MS that you don't like. If you love the MK-II from zeta, but not the Freedom from SEED, you shouldn't buy the Freedom just because someone says you should. Pick what feels right for you.

Joe
June 10, 2012, 6:12 PM
I would caution that RG kits are best left to someone with at least SOME experience. So the RG Mk II might not be for you if you are nervous about handling tiny parts or fragile parts. If that does not bother you, dive right into a Real Grade Mk II!

thwalker13
June 10, 2012, 7:07 PM
I agree with Joe. RG kits require some decent experience. Even I have some issues with them cause the parts are small and require to be placed a certain way. Executioner is also right. Build what you like. Don't buy a kit cause someone else says its good. If you don't like the MS design, you probably won't enjoy building it.

The Madcap
June 22, 2012, 3:00 AM
Does anyone have the Zeta Plus A1. If so. would you recommend it?

Joe
June 22, 2012, 5:43 AM
I don't have that kit... yet. I've heard nothing but praise for it. I hear it's a huge improvement over the MG Zeta Gundam Ver 1.0. It is an older kit though, so the hands will have trouble holding weapons and it might not be the most articulated model, but other MG kits from that time were pretty sturdy at least.

Asterisk
June 22, 2012, 6:35 AM
I was just talking to Lupes about the Zeta A1 the other day, he says it's a great kit. I'll be getting one in the near future, actually.

Deathscythe!
June 22, 2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks for giving me advice about acquiring a kit. I've found the XXXG-01D2 HG/100. And I'm checking the information about it, wondering why the "damned" delivery price is 10$ higher than the kit's price itself. This is one of the most ridicolous things i've ever been offered- having one's kit delivered for 37$ dollars. (HG/100). If the delivery of one were not such a problem for me, I would be buying a kit now and of course I would do an exposition/presentation of it.

You are politely being asked to report me about lowered delivery prices should there be any "selling offs" announced by any seller.

I'd like to attend on the delivery prices again . A kit sold for 28$ and the seller always insists on ridicolous delivery prices....

Joe
June 22, 2012, 1:46 PM
That's why I rarely buy from eBay. Robot4Less ships internationally, you might want to check with them, also Hobby Link Japan ships internationally.

Deathscythe!
June 23, 2012, 6:18 AM
I am so thankful for you. If you hadn't mentioned Robot4Less, I would've never been able to find better shipping prices. Paying 25$ obviously seems to be more wiseful than ordering a kit from Gundamplanet.

Joe
June 23, 2012, 2:06 PM
I have never ordered from GunamPlanet because their prices seem kind of expensive.

jlara96
June 23, 2012, 9:47 PM
when the HG master gundam was released I made the mistake of ordering it from them, NEVER AGAIN!

D-Smith
June 23, 2012, 10:46 PM
i find that on some of there kits they may be a few dollars more but there service is really good, they always have a good stock and if its out of stock they get it back instock pretty quickly. and i always get a free gundam marker from them so thats a plus

Squee
June 23, 2012, 11:19 PM
^Yea i personally know the owner of Gplanet, and he is such an enthusiast for the hobby. He's sat down and shown me exactly why he charges what he charges, he makes almost nothing after the price from the wholesalers. I've done the math, and buying a kit from him is only a few dollars more than ordering from hlj most of the time.

Robot4less is great as well especially with all of their deals they have. I tend to just remember that Gundamplanet is only a few years old whereas R4L has been around for years.

I am biased though since i'm on the east coast, and Gplanet is 20 minutes away by car. XD So i don't have to deal with shipping. The trick w/ Gplanet is buy over 100 so you save on shipping. lol

OT: Has anyone built any of the Bandai Real Robot Series?

Ikaoru
June 24, 2012, 2:16 PM
Just wondering which 1/100 (MG or NG) kit is/was piloted by main (Ribbon) and sub villain (Ali and co)?

Not sure which is which to get... Like Providence Gundam (not sure if it's qualified under that category).

Kenico
June 24, 2012, 4:01 PM
Gotta Question: Does anyone have the HG Nemo yet? if so can the backpack be replaced?

Ikaoru
June 24, 2012, 4:11 PM
Nemo is avail for 1/144

Not sure about the backpack

Kenico
June 24, 2012, 5:45 PM
I know its in 1/144 i just need to know if the backpack is interchangeable

Ikaoru
June 25, 2012, 1:13 AM
what do you mean "replace?"

You mean like interchange with other kit's backpacks?

Kenico
June 25, 2012, 1:27 AM
Yes. like the way you can swap out the Stark Jegans backpack with the Jestas.

Ikaoru
June 25, 2012, 1:46 AM
Nemo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/Ryu_Sonic/h140_m0006.jpg

Stark Jegan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/Ryu_Sonic/h104_m0006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/Ryu_Sonic/h104_m0004.jpg

As you can see, Nemo's back is circular and Jegan's back is rectangle... unless you can mod it.

Kenico
June 25, 2012, 2:50 AM
What about the Hyaku Shiki's Backpack?

Squee
June 25, 2012, 2:58 AM
The Hyaku's backpack has female connections that connect to pegs on the main torso. You'd have to modify it to attach it.

Either way, it's a pretty simple mod to put the jegans on the nemo.

Kenico
June 25, 2012, 3:00 AM
look im trying to pull of this in a future kitbash...http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MSA-003_Nemo_High_Maneuver

Squee
June 25, 2012, 3:15 AM
Well here's the two backpacks, side by side.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/Grifith/models/3c44af09.jpg

All you would need to do really is make some sort of connection between the pack and the torso. There are no pegs on either piece, so you just have to fill any gaps. The only concern would be the Nemo is a slimmer suit, so hopefully the backpack will line up width wise.

Don't forget that you need to modify the legs too as they use similar thrusters to that of the Hyaku according to the wiki.

Kenico
June 25, 2012, 3:33 AM
So...all i need to do is modd the Nemos back so it has pegs and im in business?

The Madcap
June 30, 2012, 3:36 AM
I'm considering buying the RG Mk II, because it looks like a great kit, but I'm a bit worried. What's it like working with the small parts of the kit, because I'm not always that great at working with tiny parts, and I'm worried I'd break something (especially after I broke my 0 Gundam's V Fin while trying to shave off the nubs).

CKai Cydek
June 30, 2012, 9:52 AM
I'm considering buying the RG Mk II, because it looks like a great kit, but I'm a bit worried. What's it like working with the small parts of the kit, because I'm not always that great at working with tiny parts, and I'm worried I'd break something (especially after I broke my 0 Gundam's V Fin while trying to shave off the nubs).

If this will be your first Real Grade, unless you've built a couple of Master Grades to get used to the complexity, or more HGs to get used to the scale. Real Grades have TONS of tiny parts no bigger than your thumbnail, so if you have trouble with parts of that size, you might want to reconsider.

That said, if you did end up getting a Real Grade, the Mk.II is a solid choice. The first two RGs - the RX-78-2 & the Zaku II were okay, but had some issues. Most of these issues got fixed by the time the RG Strike came out (also a good kit), and the line just keeps getting better from there. The Mk.II is the latest RG so far (not counting the upcoming Justice), so I expect there won't be many issues with it, either.

The Madcap
June 30, 2012, 3:05 PM
If this will be your first Real Grade, unless you've built a couple of Master Grades to get used to the complexity, or more HGs to get used to the scale. Real Grades have TONS of tiny parts no bigger than your thumbnail, so if you have trouble with parts of that size, you might want to reconsider.

That said, if you did end up getting a Real Grade, the Mk.II is a solid choice. The first two RGs - the RX-78-2 & the Zaku II were okay, but had some issues. Most of these issues got fixed by the time the RG Strike came out (also a good kit), and the line just keeps getting better from there. The Mk.II is the latest RG so far (not counting the upcoming Justice), so I expect there won't be many issues with it, either.

Thanks. I'm looking at the unbuilt pictures on Dalong again. They look a lot less intimidating now than they did at 3 in the morning. I'll probably end up picking it up at the con I'm going to in a couple of weeks. I'm thinking that if I have enough money, I'll pick up a MG too, to help prepare myself for it.

And with what you said about it being a solid choice; those are exactly the reasons why I chose it. I had originally wanted the RX-78-2 and the Zaku when they came out, but I heard about some of the issues they had and was turned off to them. Then I heard that they had started to improve with the Strike and the Freedom, but I don't like Seed so I had little desire to get them. The Mk II is the first RG of a MS I really like without the problems of the early kits.

Ikaoru
July 11, 2012, 2:45 PM
I'm on my last splurge until my next urge to buy kits (once main AGE kits are now complete)

here are my options:

MG Strike Noir
MG Strike Freedom
MG Astray BF2
MG Crossbone FullCloth

Granted that there are other kits but I'm going to buy them regardless...

Definitely on
RG FreedomxJustice
MG AGE-2, 3 and FX

thwalker13
July 11, 2012, 2:52 PM
The MG Strike Freedom is a great kit. It needs some work to make look really good. But it is an awesome kit. I have the Full Burst Mode and I don't regret it for a 2nd. Loved every minute I worked on it.

Ikaoru
July 11, 2012, 2:55 PM
Define "work?"

You painted your kit?

thwalker13
July 11, 2012, 3:33 PM
I painted the inner frame. The Full Burst Mode comes with special parts that coated in metallic gold. All the rest of parts are simply gold colored plastic. So having an awesome looking gold, next to, not so awesome gold. Was just not good enough for me. So I painted the entire inner frame with a gold Gundam Marker cause it happened to match the gold plated parts perfectly. Other than that I just did panel lining and added some decals. Below is the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/4816-MG-Strike-Freedom-FBM-Pics-and-Review

Ikaoru
July 11, 2012, 3:55 PM
Do you paint it before or after cutting it from the frames?

shirayuki
July 11, 2012, 4:13 PM
I'm considering 1/100 NG dynames and exia good choice? I'm broke as of now but getting money for my birthday that passed in June.

thwalker13
July 11, 2012, 5:02 PM
@ Ikaoru - I painted it before cutting it off the plates. Then touched up the parts afterwards. It's a lot easier to do it that way with a marker. Though if you plan on using an airbrush or a paint can. I'd cut the parts off then paint them. A lot easier.

Ikaoru
July 11, 2012, 5:37 PM
@thwalker13

Thanks for the input I'll consider buying that kit soon. Has anyone tried painting the inner frames black? Just out of curiosity.

@shirayuki

1/100 (any grade) Exia is awesome($27.99-$34.49). It's bit cheaper than MG ($45.99-$56.99) but I prefer to have a bit more details.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/Ryu_Sonic/m122_131.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/Ryu_Sonic/m122_135.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/Ryu_Sonic/m122_142.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/Ryu_Sonic/m122_143.jpg

The redeeming quality for Dynames is that his rifle has a stand for ground sniping post and the GN "poncho" shield. I haven't got it but it's nice to have those features.

Joe
July 11, 2012, 9:12 PM
I'm considering 1/100 NG dynames and exia good choice? I'm broke as of now but getting money for my birthday that passed in June.

Those two kits are awesome! Seriously they are just about as good as early Master Grade kits without the annoyance of not being able to hold weapons. The 1/100 00 line of kits are all great. Can't go wrong, my friend.

thwalker13
July 13, 2012, 1:40 PM
Just placed an order from GGinfinite and GS&M. I purchased the RG RX178 Mk.II (Titans) and the last 2 sets of Gundam 00 LED Units that GGinfinite had. Was super surprised I got that lucky. And I also ordered 5 Gundam markers from GS&M. Shipping was only 3 bucks so I think I came out pretty good.

I knew that Friday the 13th was going to be a great day. :)

ItsVince725
July 14, 2012, 10:15 PM
Anyone have HGUC GP02A Physalis?

I'm thinking of grabbing the MLRS variant but I want to be sure it's a good kit, and good video reviews of it are rare.

squeam
July 14, 2012, 10:30 PM
Our very own RX-0, RX-78-2 and Twilight King recently did a review of the HGUC GP02A. It's not the MLRS ver. but it may help you out. Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmz8Is4cCHU

ItsVince725
July 14, 2012, 10:43 PM
This should help plenty, the only review I found of the MLRS version was of hideously bad quality.

...Uhm...how old are you guys? :P

batfink21
July 18, 2012, 4:05 AM
I'm having some trouble deciding what my next kit should be. I'm looking at one of the MG Zaku's and at the moment its coming down to two:

1. MS-06R-1A ZAKU II SHIN MATSUNAGA CUSTOM VER 2.0 (http://www.gundamplanet.com/mg-ms-06r-1a-zaku-ii-shin-matsunaga-custom-ver-2-0.html)

2. MS-06K ZAKU CANNON (http://www.gundamplanet.com/mg-ms-06k-zaku-cannon.html)

They're both around the same price so that's not an issue.

I've seen some really cool custom Zaku Cannons before but I really like the proportions, thrusters and little details on the Shin Matsunaga. Has anyone built one or both of these before?

http://www.gundamplanet.com/media/catalog/box-art/mg-zaku-ii-shin-matsunaga-ver-2.pa.jpg VS. http://www.gundamplanet.com/media/catalog/box-art/mg-ms-06k-zaku-cannon-pa.jpg

Joe
July 18, 2012, 8:58 AM
That's a very tough call. BUT - If you are only going to buy Zaku Cannon becuase you saw cool customs on the net, if you're not going to do a cool custom you should get Shin's Zaku II.

Kenico
July 18, 2012, 9:16 AM
Get the MS-06R-1A ZAKU II SHIN MATSUNAGA CUSTOM VER 2.0...I dont personally own one and i wish i did :(, but if i did want of those two id go with the Z2 shinn Custom...

squeam
July 18, 2012, 10:14 AM
This is COMPLETELY subjective, but I do not like the design of the Zaku Cannon. In fact, I'm not a fan of many "old school" MSV stuff at all. So I say definitely go for the 2.0. That said, from a more objective, model-kit-for-a-modeler view, the Zaku Cannon does have some really nifty unique parts and nifty engineering for the color seperation. The Shin Matsunaga 2.0 is pretty much just another Zaku 2.0.

So...it depends on you: if you are going for something very unique, especially straight OOB, the Cannon may be the kit for you (if you dig the design, which it seems you do). But, if don't have a many Zaku kits and are looking for a wonderfully designed kit, the 2.0 may be your choice. Both kits are good, I can't really put one objectively ahead of the other.

batfink21
July 18, 2012, 10:53 AM
Well it seems like the Shin kit wins it! It has been on my hit list for a really long time. Now I just have to wait until payday :)

I think for my first MG Zaku it's probably the right choice. Maybe once I get a bit better at painting, weathering, etc I'll get the Zaku Cannon and try something custom.

Thanks everyone!

Deathscythe!
July 21, 2012, 8:54 PM
I see, the previous question's already been solved. Well then, I'll ask another one.

I've been eager to purchase another Gundam, but I am not able to decide whether to choose Gundam X 1/144 HG or select and spend money on buying Gundam DX 1/144. It's just a matter of prefering design, but I don't know which one to take.
Lookin' forward to your recommendations, expressin' appreciation on advance.

Joe
July 21, 2012, 10:41 PM
The old Double X isn't quite as crisply designed as the new HG X Gundam, but it's still an amazing looking Mobile Suit and the old kit does it a fair amount of justice in representing that. Personally, I like older kits, they have a certain amount of character to them that you don't see with the new CAD perfectly to scale kits that match line-art perfectly to a tee. I would get the DX!

The Madcap
July 21, 2012, 10:49 PM
I see, the previous question's already been solved. Well then, I'll ask another one.

I've been eager to purchase another Gundam, but I am not able to decide whether to choose Gundam X 1/144 HG or select and spend money on buying Gundam DX 1/144. It's just a matter of prefering design, but I don't know which one to take.
Lookin' forward to your recommendations, expressin' appreciation on advance.

Well I don't own either kit, but there I think a big factor is how much work you're willing to put into it. As someone who just builds kits OOB, I'd go with the HG X, because it's a much newer kit so you're getting a much better product OOB. However, if you're willing to paint and put in a lot of effort making the models look good, then I think it comes down to what design you prefer. I also think another factor to consider is the possibility of the DX getting a HG in the near future. My personal prediction for the HG line is that they'll round out the Shuffle Alliance by the end of 2013, and then we'll get a DX in 2014, but I'm starting to get off topic. I hope my rambling proves to be somewhat helpful.

Deathscythe!
July 22, 2012, 1:13 AM
How on earth did you get the idea I was arguing to either buy the "new X" and the "old DX" XD ?

I was asking you whether to choose this : http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN52669 -> on the bottom (as far as I recall from my memories) 1996 is written. I guess this is superbly old, considering when Gundam X was released.

and buying this : http://www.hlj.com/product/ban54291 so we have 1:2 . My sister approves buying X 1/144 for it looks better than DX does in her opinion, you recommend buying DX. The outcome and gaterhing opinions is going to be exciting (rubbing hands, laughing as M'Quve does xD)

Edit: I may intend to influence the decision myself, yet by now I haven't chosen one.

Exia
July 22, 2012, 1:23 AM
How on earth did you get the idea I was arguing to either buy the "new X" and the "old DX" XD ?

I was asking you whether to choose this : http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN52669 -> on the bottom (as far as I recall from my memories) 1996 is written. I guess this is superbly old, considering when Gundam X was released.

and buying this : http://www.hlj.com/product/ban54291 so we have 1:2 . My sister approves buying X 1/144 for it looks better than DX does in her opinion, you recommend buying DX. The outcome and gaterhing opinions is going to be exciting (rubbing hands, laughing as M'Quve does xD)

Edit: I may intend to influence the decision myself, yet by now I haven't chosen one.

Simple.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN962353

They started a launch of High Grade After War 1/144 series. Only 2 have been released, HG X and HG X Divider. The ones you're asking about are no-grade 1/144, but it's simple to get them confused.

If you do plan on getting the X and not the Double X, I'd recommend the new release version of the X and not the old no grade version.

Deathscythe!
July 22, 2012, 4:06 AM
Simple.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN962353

They started a launch of High Grade After War 1/144 series. Only 2 have been released, HG X and HG X Divider. The ones you're asking about are no-grade 1/144, but it's simple to get them confused.

If you do plan on getting the X and not the Double X, I'd recommend the new release version of the X and not the old no grade version.

Ohhh, I was mistaken, lolz. Thanks for explaining xD

Exia
July 22, 2012, 4:07 AM
No problem.

Joe
July 22, 2012, 8:21 AM
... not able to decide whether to choose Gundam X 1/144 HG or select and ...

You said HG - High Grade. The old kits are no grades. So you are debating on the old Gundam X or the old Gundam DX, then?

shirayuki
July 24, 2012, 9:33 AM
so I basicly killed the 1/100 dynames and exia, but i have alot of money soooo.

Should I get MG Exia or MG wing zero custom?

squeam
July 24, 2012, 9:44 AM
Exia. That is all.

Deathscythe!
July 26, 2012, 3:35 AM
Should you intend puchasing a Wing model, do select either Wing Zero or Wing Katoki. Either one fulfils well. But if given these circumstances, I'd rather advise you to choose Exia.

I've got something to briefly ask you about.

How do you find this compilation of mobile suits to be bought?

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN47223 <- Is this even an HG? According to the information given by the seller, it is, but I don't really believe them

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN902407

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN74438

Joe
July 26, 2012, 6:09 AM
Deathscythe, all three of those are very good kits. I will say the Shenlong is most certainly NOT a High Grade kit, but it is still not bad and it is cheap. HobbyLink Japan does not list it as a High Grade, but I know some stores do. HobbyLink Japan is correct.

Deathscythe!
July 26, 2012, 8:07 AM
Deathscythe, all three of those are very good kits. I will say the Shenlong is most certainly NOT a High Grade kit, but it is still not bad and it is cheap. HobbyLink Japan does not list it as a High Grade, but I know some stores do. HobbyLink Japan is correct.

Hail Hobbylink! xD

Thanks, I've already received the advices (or in this case recommendations) I intended to gather.

Squee
July 26, 2012, 12:00 PM
Yea only the 1/100 Wing kits were considered. HG.

Gundamben831
July 26, 2012, 1:20 PM
Oh god its been years since I've seen those god awful HG wing kits lol. Save yourself the agony and just buy the new MG endless waltz kits, you will be so much more happy in the long run and plus you'll be getting the version from the transition from wing to EW. Just my opinion, you don't have to take it seriously. Personally everyone has their own choice in what they like to collect and I like to collect all grades of Gundam.

ItsVince725
July 26, 2012, 2:16 PM
Some of us prefer the TV designs...

Still waiting for TV Wing Zero in Master Grade.

Kenico
July 26, 2012, 4:52 PM
Some of us prefer the TV designs...

Still waiting for TV Wing Zero in Master Grade.

Same here man...same here...

The Ogre
July 28, 2012, 3:40 PM
So I noticed that Gundam Store and More has a 1/550 Neue Ziel in stock and am tempted to buy it. So anyone have any experience with it?

Excluding different colors, are there any big fundamental differences between the 1/144 HG Gaza-C and Gaza-C Haman Karn custom? Is one superior to the other?