PDA

View Full Version : GSAM's New Contest

GNzaku0023
January 11, 2011, 8:48 AM
Although it has not been posted yet, we do know it's going to be a custom kit challenge, so what kits are you going to be using for it (if you've decided that is). Don't give away your ideas though!!! Just tell us what kit your using and why! Also, discuss what you think this contest is going to be about!

For me, it's probably going to be the 1/144 HGUC Gaplant Hrairoo, it's just an eye catching kit and it has a lot going on. I think with a bit of custom work, it can look downright amazing.
As far as the contest goes, I think it will be a repaint or custom color contest.

Asterisk
January 11, 2011, 8:57 AM
If it's anything like the first one, I'm already set. Second week of December I bought the MG Deathscythe and spent a while testing a technique on it that I ultimately failed at. I DID, however, end up giving it a full paintjob. Nothing super fancy, but it looks nice.

If the contest ends up being something different, I still have plenty of straight-built kits that could use some love.

GNzaku0023
January 11, 2011, 9:12 AM
Man, I'm gonna have to get a peek at that Deathscythe! I can't wait to see it! (Though I think if you're entering the rest of us don't stand a chance lol)

Skittles
January 11, 2011, 4:00 PM
It's really going to depend on the specific rules for the contest and the length of time it runs - a couple of my more complex ideas are tempting, but there's no point if there's only a week or two to build/paint/photograph/etc. Normally, I just work way too slowly. :oops:

However, if I do have time... I have a couple fairly interesting kitbashes in mind. One may, alas, still depend on the rules.