PDA

View Full Version : How to paint PG style Manipulators?

thwalker13
April 16, 2013, 12:45 PM
Ok so I have a question. I'll be painting my MG Stein Ver Ka in the near future. I plan on painting the inner frame. This will include it's PG style hands. So I'm wondering what would be the best way of doing this? Get them into one pose, spray, bend, spray again, clear coat? Or gentle dissemble the hand and attempt to paint each part? Any help would be great guys cause this is the only part of that project that is bugging me.

Dlinker
April 16, 2013, 1:25 PM
I read stories about how the hands shouldn't be disassembled because they're sonic-welded. Some were saying they broke a part off, tried to put back in, and it just wasn't same anymore. Your first option may be the best one.

Jfl0
April 16, 2013, 6:01 PM
I think I will paint my PG hands through option #1. Paint fanned out, then make a knuckle and paint that way, then gently look around for spots I missed. Thanks for the thoughts.

thwalker13
April 16, 2013, 6:43 PM
If that is the case then I'll go with option 1. Definitely don't want to screw up the hands to my Stein. Now I'm more worried about the paint, cause I'll be using Model Masters Gun Metal Metalizer.

ZeonicFront
April 16, 2013, 11:01 PM
Just a suggestion, just spray a light coat of paint at the joints, since you will be spraying multiple coats as you bend and spray. Otherwise, the lines between each coat will show, your manipulators can't move because of the paint in the joints or the paint at the joints may come off as you articulate the manipulators.

Squee
April 16, 2013, 11:08 PM
Paint them like option one. Have them opened and spray, then closed and just hit the joints.

thwalker13
April 17, 2013, 6:48 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully it'll go alright. I'll be practicing with the Metalizer paint with my Kampfer. So I should know more about it then.