PDA

View Full Version : Ginga Bishōnen's WiP Thread

Ginga Bishōnen
April 7, 2013, 11:06 PM
As promised, I started a WiP thread and 1st up is the Re-GZ. As I had previously mentioned, my Canon T3i is broken and I just gave it to my camera repairman yesterday to fix it up. However, I needed a camera to shoot a school assignment with tomorrow so I rented one from him and decided to take some photos to get used to it (its a Nikon D3100, I've never used a Nikon before). Anyways here are the photos I took of my incomplete Re-GZ. I have built the head, torso, three of the limbs, and shield so far. I still need to build the last leg, build its BWS, and panel line/decal it.

Squee
April 8, 2013, 12:10 AM
Awesome! Here's a kit that for some reason always was out of reach for me. I ended up selling the conversion for it since i could never find one for a decent price. :/

Ginga Bishōnen
April 8, 2013, 1:29 AM
Awesome! Here's a kit that for some reason always was out of reach for me. I ended up selling the conversion for it since i could never find one for a decent price. :/

I got mine fairly cheap on ebay along with a MG GP03S in a two model lot. It was $65 if I remember right. Was your conversion kit to make a resin Re-GZ or to make it another mobile suit?

Squee
April 8, 2013, 1:37 AM
Yea it was to making a sexier looking re gz.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/0/8/5/0/0/3/webimg/413323802_o.jpg

Ginga Bishōnen
April 8, 2013, 1:44 AM
Yea it was to making a sexier looking re gz.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/0/8/5/0/0/3/webimg/413323802_o.jpg

ooh, that is pretty. wish it hid the grey hinge that connects the cockpit door to the torso though. it makes the model look like a cheap toy.

Ginga Bishōnen
April 12, 2013, 7:17 PM
Hello dudes, I have been going to downtown LA all this week for a photo job so I haven't been able to work on my MG Re-GZ (will work on it this weekend for sure). However I did manage to find the time to make this SD Gundam Alex, as well as spray paint it. However, I need some help to finish it. I have actually never built a SD Gundam model before so I was wondering what do y'all use to panel line a SD? My Gundam marker liner, my Sharpie liner, and my art pencils arent thin enough to do most of the lines.

Dlinker
April 13, 2013, 2:10 AM
You can try a wash. Much easier to apply and not that difficult to do.

Ginga Bishōnen
April 19, 2013, 1:06 AM
Well dudes, something terrible happened to me 2 days ago. i had just finally finished the Re-GZ's missing leg, and i was feeling so good about it that i decided to go ahead and finish the BWS as well. So I went to get me some snacks for the long haul and when I got up, I ended up hitting my worktable in the garage pretty hard, which shook the drawer next to it, sending a sledge hammer that was on top of it flying. Guess where it landed?
Right on my Re-GZ. It ended up braking about 15 pieces and now I have to get replacement parts shipped to me. So now I am gonna put the Re-GZ build on hold, probably for a LONG time due to anger and frustration. I decided to go ahead and start a new model from my backlog, the MG Kampfer. The 1st thing I decided was to paint the kit new colors, since I hate the ugly looking blue-green of the main body, and the ugly orange-yellow of the thrusters. I decided to repaint the grey inner frame white, and the blue-green main body black cherry, a color that i have been saving for just the right kit. i have left the light blue pieces the same (still not sure whether or not to paint them a new color or leave them as they are) and have not decided what color to paint the thrusters. I am thinking about painting them gold, the same gold as the MG Zaku II that I showcased in my finished gunpla collection. Anyways here is the partially completed right arm. BTW the camera doesn't really do the black cherry justice. it is a much more beautiful color in person.

PS yes i popped the Kampfer arm right onto my MG Z'gok. He was SO happy to finally have fingers. He also got mad when I took them away.

Squee
April 19, 2013, 3:36 AM
Is it wrong that i wished you took a pic of it right after the incident? Curiosity demands it lol Sorry to hear about that though in all seriousness. Where are you getting your replacement parts from?

thwalker13
April 19, 2013, 8:32 AM
Oh man. Sorry to hear about your. It's always a blow to the heart when something like that happens. I'm right there with you on the Kampfer. I have one and the 1st thing I noticed was how ugly the armor was.

Asterisk
April 19, 2013, 8:52 AM
black cherry, a color that i have been saving for just the right kit.

Oh man, I have a bottle of a black cherry-esque paint that I used for my 1/144 Sinanju. It's gorgeous and I cannot for the life of me get a decent picture of it.

Dlinker
April 19, 2013, 10:49 AM
That black cherry paint is looking mighty interesting. Makes me want to find some of it now. Or perhaps mix my own, if it's at all possible.

thwalker13
April 19, 2013, 12:45 PM
It is sounding tempting. Might have to try to find some of this. Who makes it?

Ginga Bishōnen
April 19, 2013, 2:02 PM
It is sounding tempting. Might have to try to find some of this. Who makes it?

For my zoids and some of my HG and NG model kits, I use car touch up spray paint. i get it very cheap at my local swap-meet. $1 for a large can, .50 for a small one. it gets the job done for any model that doesnt have many panel lines or much detail on it. the brand is duplicolor. i wouldnt recommend it for detailed, panel lined as hell suits. air or handbrush those.

PS if you want an example of how a finished product comes out using this spray paint look at my completed Zaku II in my Gunpla collection, or my Iron Kong or Zaber Fang in my non-Gundam model collection.

Oh man. Sorry to hear about your. It's always a blow to the heart when something like that happens. I'm right there with you on the Kampfer. I have one and the 1st thing I noticed was how ugly the armor was.

thx man, and dear god was that armor ugly. on the box art the colors looked nice, then i opened it out and felt cheated. they had to go.

Is it wrong that i wished you took a pic of it right after the incident? Curiosity demands it lol Sorry to hear about that though in all seriousness. Where are you getting your replacement parts from?

man, its still too painful to take a picture of. maybe later i will but not now. anyways, i dont know yet where i will buy the parts from. i dont plan on buying them any time soon. i do know of many websites that sell replacement parts though, in case you were gonna give me some advice. this aint the 1st time i break a part.....

Ginga Bishōnen
April 19, 2013, 9:07 PM
well i just finished up the left arm and one each of the shotgun, the bazooka, and the rpg. i was planning on doing more tonight, but i stabbed my thumb pretty badly trying to open up part of the left forearm since i had forgotten to put in a Polycap so i am calling it a day due to the pain.

Dlinker
April 20, 2013, 12:01 AM
All in a day's work :) You have to hurt yourself at least once while working on a kit.

Ginga Bishōnen
April 20, 2013, 12:37 AM
All in a day's work :) You have to hurt yourself at least once while working on a kit.

oh, i hurt myself at least 6 times per kit. i inherited my fathers clumsiness. not as bad as him though. i still havent cut off one of my fingers like he has.....twice.

Ginga Bishōnen
April 21, 2013, 9:07 PM
oh, i hurt myself at least 6 times per kit. i inherited my fathers clumsiness. not as bad as him though. i still havent cut off one of my fingers like he has.....twice.

Well first of all, I would like to clarify for those of you who might of wondered why I mentioned my father cutting off his fingers so casually, he did get them reattached and they work fine, so its all good.

Anyways, I managed to get the torso and hips of my Kampfer done today, as well the chain mine. I sprayed painted the parts whenever a commercial break took place during the NBA playoff game between my Spurs and the Lakers (woo, we won!!!). I decided to paint the light blue parts of the model after all, and settled on forest green. I also could not decide what color to paint the thrusters, so I am leaving them the same for now. Kampfer's torso was a joy to build, probably my favorite MG torso ever.

Dlinker
April 21, 2013, 11:59 PM
That's an interesting color scheme. Can't wait to see it all built up and ready for a photoshoot.

Ginga Bishōnen
April 22, 2013, 12:13 AM
That's an interesting color scheme. Can't wait to see it all built up and ready for a photoshoot.

thanks man. the green was supposed to be darker, but I also like how this came out. it compliments the dark color of black cherry. I was going for a "black rose" color scheme. I still don't know about the white though. doesn't fit the scheme but I cant think of a different color.

thwalker13
April 22, 2013, 7:40 AM
This is shaping up to be an awesome looking kit. Makes me want to hurry up and get mine out.

Ginga Bishōnen
April 22, 2013, 8:01 PM
This is shaping up to be an awesome looking kit. Makes me want to hurry up and get mine out.

i definitely would if i was you. this kampfer is turning out to be my favorite Zeon MG build ever, above my Zaku II, Z'Gok, Dom, Gouf Custom, Gouf 2.0, and Char's Gelgoog 2.0.

thwalker13
April 22, 2013, 10:30 PM
Ironically, I have only 1 other Zeon MG. And it's Ramba Ral's Zaku I. So I'm sure this will easily replace it. The Kampfer has always been favorite of mine. So I really want to do it justice.

Ginga Bishōnen
April 23, 2013, 12:13 AM
Ironically, I have only 1 other Zeon MG. And it's Ramba Ral's Zaku I. So I'm sure this will easily replace it. The Kampfer has always been favorite of mine. So I really want to do it justice.

how is the Zaku I? I have always wanted one of the MG Zaku I's since I like the design but I have hesitant about buying a model that old (I have built the original MG Zaku II and Gundam, so I know about the "quality" of the first MGs).

thwalker13
April 23, 2013, 7:43 AM
It's to be expected from a kit that old. Honestly I got it free from GS&M when I signed up for the their platinum membership. So It was really a basic out of box build with hardly any effort put into it. It's not bad for an old kit, but the waste armor is all one piece, so the leg articulation is horrid.

Ginga Bishōnen
April 24, 2013, 2:15 AM
...maybe. I got the rest of the parts cut up and de-nubbed. I was planning on painting them tomorrow, however my co-worker asked me to cover his shift, so between that and school I might not get the chance to finish the painting (or even start it!!). If I only get part of it done tomorrow, I might post another update. Otherwise expect to see the finished product in my completed collection by Thursday night at the latest.

btw I already decided on my next build. It will be a quick finish of my HG 1/144 GM Sniper (I never got around to building its weapons, or finishing its torso). After that I will be either finishing my MG F91 Gundam Harrison Martin Custom or starting my HG 1/100 Gundam X Divider.

thwalker13
April 24, 2013, 7:57 AM
Everything is still looking good man. And things pop up. Why do you think it took me so long to get finished with the Red Frame. lol

Dlinker
April 24, 2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah, don't rush yourself. You're doing well with it now and it would be a shame to mess it up by rushing.

Your next kits sound like good stuff. Been curious about the X Divider for some time.

Ginga Bishōnen
April 24, 2013, 12:23 PM
Yeah, don't rush yourself. You're doing well with it now and it would be a shame to mess it up by rushing.

Your next kits sound like good stuff. Been curious about the X Divider for some time.

by quick i meant a day or two, which is a lot to finish a 80% complete hg 1/144. as for the kampfer hell no, i wont rush that. i definitetly dont wanna ruin this MS. And I have been curious about the X Divider too. I am pretty sure that it is gonna be the model I build after the GM Sniper.

Ginga Bishōnen
April 28, 2013, 12:18 AM
well dudes i finally finished my kampfer today so i am now moving on to my next project. i decided to put off building the hg 1/144 gm sniper for a couple days in order to paint my MG GM Kai. It just looks so plain now that the Kampfer is right next to it on my shelf (to make matters worse it is also next to my MG Strike E I.W.S.P.). Anyways I already took it apart to paint it.

the last picture there shows what colors I am thinking about painting the main body (the dark blue and tan parts). I was originally hoping to make that pale green gunmetal color the GM's main color, but the paint can's nozzle broke as I was painting it so I threw it away. I did not see another one when I was buying some cans today at my supplier so I am probably gonna have to give up on that idea. anyways i wont start painting till monday since I am going to Malibu tomorrow to take some photos. I will let you guys know what colors I will paint it tomorrow night.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 8, 2013, 1:37 AM
As promised, here I am to tell you guys about my newest project. First, I should show yall which model I am working on.

That is a Master Grade GP03 Stamen for those of you who don't feel like enlarging the image and cant tell due to the glare of the picture. I choose this model because I knew from the moment I bought it I wanted to give it a nice, colorful paint job, since the factory colors are SO BORING!!!

Anyways as I mentioned on the Life thread, I was inspired to paint some of my models in the color schemes of some of my favorite comic book heroes after reading some of my old comic book trade paperbacks. This is the 1st comic book hero color scheme I will be working with.

For those of you who don't know who this is, it's Tony Stark aka Iron Man in his Silver Centurion armor, which was heavily featured in the comic book story arc "Armor Wars," which I just reread today. It is by far my favorite Iron Man armor from the comics and so I wanted it to be the 1st color scheme I try out. Below are some photos of the sprue pieces I used to test out the spray paints I will be using for this project, which are Cherry Red Metallic and Silver Birch, as well as the book that served as inspiration.

Dlinker
May 8, 2013, 2:04 AM
Interesting project you got planned. Will be viewing it with great curiosity.

Also, good luck. Not sure if you need it, but it's always nice to have, haha.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 8, 2013, 2:11 AM
Interesting project you got planned. Will be viewing it with great curiosity.

Also, good luck. Not sure if you need it, but it's always nice to have, haha.

oh I will definitely need it. I am out of bandages after all.....

thwalker13
May 8, 2013, 7:50 AM
Loving that red. Will definitely be keeping an eye or two on this build. Can't wait to see more.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 9, 2013, 2:11 PM
Well folks, I built the arms, head, shield, and weapons of the Stamen yesterday, and so far I am really liking how this project is coming along. The photos don't show it that well (I believe my camera flash is in need of a new bulb), the red and silver are coming out great, and in person match the samples I showed in my last post. I don't like the design on the forearms though, as the pieces don't quite fit together and the manipulator arm gimmick isn't that impressive, so the issue with the ill-fitting forearms is even more disappointing. I am planning on trying to get a HY2M LED head for the Stamen to replace the one it comes with, so I can put a blue or white LED in it to make the eyes glow like in the Iron Man movies. When I do so, I might also try to mod the chest to add a LED there too, to make a pseudo arc reactor like in the films. The legs are gonna be the parts I build next, and that will probably my last update on it until I can find the time to go to my local swap meet to pick up some more paint, as I am almost outta of the red.

Dlinker
May 9, 2013, 3:49 PM
You're right, that red and silver look to be a perfect match.

Loving what I'm seeing so far.

thwalker13
May 9, 2013, 4:39 PM
A do I. Looks awesome. And your idea for the LED sounds like a really nice addition.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 10, 2013, 7:22 PM
Hi folks, I just finished painting and building the Upper Chest, Skirt, Torso, and Thrusters of the GP03S. However, I ran out of that Cherry Red paint and went to the swap meet to get some more and the guy didn't have any. Since he only gets new spray paints at the end of the month, and I don't wanna try mixing different brands of paint, it looks like this might be the last update on this project for awhile. I still have the core fighter/lower chest, and legs to build. The guy did say he would check his storage space tomorrow, just in case he had any paint cans lying around that he forgot to bring, so perhaps I will be in luck when I go back on Sunday. If not, I will be starting a new project.

Deathscythe!
May 10, 2013, 7:48 PM
Don't be frustrated, this looks magnificent to me.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 10, 2013, 7:49 PM
Don't be frustrated, this looks magnificent to me.

thanks man. I try.

thwalker13
May 10, 2013, 9:50 PM
It's looking really great man. Don't fret, I've been there too. Everything will work out.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 11, 2013, 5:22 PM
It's looking really great man. Don't fret, I've been there too. Everything will work out.

Lo and behold, you were right my friend. I ended up going to the swap meet today to buy some fresh fruit and the spray can guy called me over when I passed him and told me that he found 2 more cans, so the project is back on.

thwalker13
May 11, 2013, 11:22 PM
Haha, awesome. Can't wait to see more.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 12, 2013, 2:52 AM
Well since I got some more paint, I worked on the GP03 a bit more today. Couldn't get anything done besides cutting out the cockpit pieces and painting one coat on them since I had made prior plans with an ex-girlfriend for today. Did put together the not-yet fully painted cockpit so I could get the two halves of the upper body connected in order to see how it will turn out. Gotta say, the way the model looks right now reminds me of the Dra-C. I could see it going into combat as it currently is, since as we all know "the legs are just for show" :D. Will probably have time tomorrow to finish painting the cockpit, as well as the core fighter parts.

V0LTES-V01
May 12, 2013, 12:06 PM
Man that's one awesome looking Stamen. Tony Stark would be proud!

thwalker13
May 12, 2013, 12:21 PM
Dude that GP03 is looking awesome. Tony should make a suit look just like it.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 12, 2013, 10:44 PM
well folks, I said I was only gonna get the cockpit done today, since I was planning on spending most of the day with my mom, but I ended up waking up at 4am and because I was unable to go back to sleep, I decided to finish off painting the GP03S before I went to my parents place. Once I get home in a couple of hours, I will put the rest of the parts together and post the final result on my completed model thread.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 16, 2013, 7:05 PM
Just started a new project, a HG 1/144 00 Gundam. I have selected the main colors of dark brown, orange, red, and yellow, but I still don't know what to paint the factory grey parts. I don't want the colors of those parts taking away from my main colors, so I might go will a flat black or grey. Anyways here are a photo of the chest and torso so far.

Dlinker
May 16, 2013, 7:14 PM
Would it offend you if I say those colors remind me of Halloween? I like it, though.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 16, 2013, 7:49 PM
Would it offend you if I say those colors remind me of Halloween? I like it, though.

now that you say it, I do see it. I was inspired by the colors of a campfire (wood and flame), rather than the colors of Halloween or Autumn in general.

Dlinker
May 16, 2013, 10:27 PM
In that case, it shall be dubbed, Campground 00.

Or Autumn 00, whichever sounds better.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 17, 2013, 1:03 AM
In that case, it shall be dubbed, Campground 00.

Or Autumn 00, whichever sounds better.

I was gonna go with 00 Bonfire, after the song by the rapper Childish Gambino aka Donald Grover from the TV show Community.

thwalker13
May 17, 2013, 7:33 AM
I like it. 00 Bonfire had a rather good ring to it.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 18, 2013, 9:04 PM
well, my niece's B-Day party ended earlier than expected so I got to finish painting and assembling the 00 Bonfire today, but since I don't like how its legs turned out, and I plan on repainting them, I am still counting it as a WiP. I plan on adding more brown to the legs since there is simply too much orange for my tastes. Also, I don't like the GN Sword IIs (neither here on the model, nor on the 00 series) so I am replacing them as the 00 Bonfire's main weapons with two swords I had lying around from an incomplete HG 1/144 Strike Noir kit I got from the swap meet for a dollar a year ago. I also added two additional beam saber hilts to its rear skirt armor.

PS after looking at the photos, I am also gonna repaint the grey parts flat black, since the grey just looks lame on the kit.

Exia
May 18, 2013, 9:17 PM
I think the only things that need to be repainted on the legs are the knee caps and ankle flaps then it'll look more even. Still looks pretty good either way.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 18, 2013, 10:13 PM
I think the only things that need to be repainted on the legs are the knee caps and ankle flaps then it'll look more even. Still looks pretty good either way.

dude, you read my mind. that's exactly where I was planning on painting.

btw can anyone please tell me how to resize the images I upload on here?

thwalker13
May 18, 2013, 10:28 PM
Is it strange that as soon as I saw those photos, I thought of a woman with really tanned skin walking around in a brown bikini with red shoes? I think painting some parts on the legs brown, would be a good idea. lol

Ginga Bishōnen
May 18, 2013, 10:55 PM
Is it strange that as soon as I saw those photos, I thought of a woman with really tanned skin walking around in a brown bikini with red shoes? I think painting some parts on the legs brown, would be a good idea. lol

yes, it is very strange. have you considered psychiatric help?
(I am JK....maybe :D)

Dlinker
May 18, 2013, 11:50 PM
dude, you read my mind. that's exactly where I was planning on painting.

btw can anyone please tell me how to resize the images I upload on here?

You can't resize before uploading or is that what you want to do? If the latter, then use Light Image Resizer 4.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 18, 2013, 11:53 PM
You can't resize before uploading or is that what you want to do? If the latter, then use Light Image Resizer 4.

no, I noticed that some people on here can post larger pictures than the small clickable thumbnail sized ones that I posted and was wondering how to do it.

Dlinker
May 19, 2013, 12:20 AM
It could be because they use a hosting service and then link the photos to them. Look at thwalker13's WIP thread for a good example. Most of the big images there link to the real pic hosted in Photobucket.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 19, 2013, 2:27 AM
It could be because they use a hosting service and then link the photos to them. Look at thwalker13's WIP thread for a good example. Most of the big images there link to the real pic hosted in Photobucket.

if that's the case, it seems like too much work. oh well.

thwalker13
May 19, 2013, 11:38 AM
It's not really to much work. I take all my WiP photos with my iPhone, then use my Photobucket app to upload them. After that it's just a matter of using the links to post them here.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 21, 2013, 12:47 PM
Now that I am done with the 00 Bonfire, I am starting a new kit, the MG F91 Gundam Harrison Martin Version. When I bought the kit, I planned on leaving it in its factory colors, since I liked the colors, but now, 8 months later, I no longer like them so I am going to paint it. I am continuing my comic book inspired color schemes on this new project; however, I cant remember which comic book character I am basing this scheme on (I believe it might be one of the hundreds of Mutants from the Marvel universe, but not one affiliated with the X-Men). Anyways, here is what I have done so far, which is just the beam rifle, beam launcher, and one of the VSBR's.

Dlinker
May 21, 2013, 2:59 PM
Man, that color scheme does remind me of someone, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Interested to see how this one will turn out. That's not a color scheme you see often.

Ginga Bishōnen
May 21, 2013, 11:34 PM
Just finished up the bottom half of the F91. Usually I build the top half of a mobile suit 1st, starting with the torso and head, but I decided to switch it up this time. Anyways here are the photos.

Ginga Bishōnen
June 2, 2013, 6:14 PM
So I finished painting my F91 Gundam and plan on assembling it later on today and posting the results on my completed thread. I still don't know where I got that color scheme, but I like how it is turning out.
Anyways I am starting my new project tomorrow, a MG Force Impulse. Never liked the color scheme on this mobile suit (too many colors), so I am changing it. I am still sticking with the theme of comic book characters for my colors for this build; can you guess which character based on the colors below?

5263 5264 5265 5266

PS I am only using 1-2 of those shades of green, one of the emeralds and maybe one of the jades.

thwalker13
June 2, 2013, 7:43 PM
Green Arrow? I know he doesn't use swords, but still.

Green Lantern?

Ginga Bishōnen
June 2, 2013, 9:11 PM
Green Arrow? I know he doesn't use swords, but still.

Green Lantern?

Yeah, I am basing the scheme around the Green Lantern, or should I say Lanterns.

That is just five members of the 7200-strong Green Lantern Corps, albeit the most famous and important of them all. I will be basing the color scheme off of several Green Lantern members' uniforms, which are often very individualized.

First off, I wanted a darker, emerald green than the standard GL color scheme, such as the one Green Lantern Laira is rocking here.

I also decided to add jade paint to the model after all, for more flash and style, like in Green Lantern Jade's uniform.

As for the scheme itself, I will be following the standard GL uniform color scheme, meaning the torso, chest, shoulders, and maybe hips are going to be emerald green, the limbs and maybe the hips are going to be black, and the hand and forearm parts are going to be white.....maybe. I think that might look a little goofy so I am not 100% on that yet.

The jade and white paint is going to added here and there to mix things up, and generally make it look cooler. Anyways that is the plan so far for this kit.

Ginga Bishōnen
June 15, 2013, 7:40 PM
Howdy folks, Ginga here. Haven't had anytime to work on my MG Force Impulse build, due to work and finishing up the college semester. Any free time I have had to work on Gunpla has been spent helping my niece on her first MG build, the RX-78-5 Gundam G05 (in fact she is coming over in about an hour to work some more on her kit). She wanted me to show off her progress on here so this is what we have built so far.

For this first kit, we are simply doing an OOB build, with panel lining being the only extra thing we are doing to it. When she is done with this kit, we are gonna work on the MG Dom I got her for her birthday, and on that one we will most likely be spray painting it. I will also be leaving her to her own devices on everything but the painting itself, as opposed to now where I am literally watching over her shoulder making sure she does everything right. This will allow me to finally start on my MG Force Impulse Gundam (Green Lantern Custom).

jaqio
June 15, 2013, 8:06 PM
Cool. I see so little of this kit online, so i'll like to see more progress pics of this. and she's doing good also.

Dlinker
June 15, 2013, 10:31 PM
That's some good work on the kit so far. I see a couple of nub marks here and there, but only if you really look for them.

For your Force Impulse, have you built one before? Just wondering what you think about the whole parts-forming gimmick behind it.

thwalker13
June 15, 2013, 10:42 PM
Looking good so far as well. Jaqio is right, you don't see many of those.

Ginga Bishōnen
June 15, 2013, 11:23 PM
Looking good so far as well. Jaqio is right, you don't see many of those.
Yeah, I know what you and Jaqio are getting at. I am pretty surprised though. I figured that with its big old Gatling Gun it would be more popular, like the Gouf Custom. I have its counterpart, the G04 with its Mega Beam Launcher, and plan to build it soon.

That's some good work on the kit so far. I see a couple of nub marks here and there, but only if you really look for them.

For your Force Impulse, have you built one before? Just wondering what you think about the whole parts-forming gimmick behind it.

Naw, I haven't built the Force Impulse in any grade, although I helped my niece build her HG 1/100 Sword Impulse. We didn't really put much thought to the parts-forming gimmick though, nor have we separated the parts since putting it altogether. I wonder if it will be more impressive in MG form.

Dlinker
June 16, 2013, 12:02 AM
Oh, okay. I guess we'll see how you feel about it soon enough. It's an interesting kit (going by my experience with the Sword Impulse) and needs some getting-used-to.

Ginga Bishōnen
August 5, 2013, 2:00 AM
Howdy folks, been a LONG time since my last post on this thread, but I finally started working on my Gunpla again. I am working on the last project I discussed on here, my MG Force Impulse Gundam, which I am painting in a color scheme inspired by the Green Lantern Corps. Anyways, here is the Force flight pack, which is all I got done so far.

Zeta
August 5, 2013, 2:36 AM
That actually looks better than thought it was to look like in my head. Are you going to paint the GL Corps symbol on the Gundam's chest, or give a it GL Ring?

Ginga Bishōnen
August 5, 2013, 2:48 AM
That actually looks better than thought it was to look like in my head. Are you going to paint the GL Corps symbol on the Gundam's chest, or give a it GL Ring?

I was trying to think of how to put a GL symbol on his chest, haven't figured it out yet. I will most likely just put it on one of his shoulders and/or his shield.

thwalker13
August 5, 2013, 7:40 AM
The Flight pack looks great man. The colors really go well together and that choice of green is great. Can't wait to see what the MS itself will look like.

Dlinker
August 5, 2013, 11:04 AM
I agree, those colors are fantastic. Just the right shade of green that gives off a bit of a menacing vibe to it.

Ginga Bishōnen
August 5, 2013, 9:47 PM
Finished up part of the torso, as well as the shield and sword. I like how the project is turning out so far. I was worried that the dark emerald and jade wouldn't mesh well, but it looks good to me.

Wiz33
August 5, 2013, 10:40 PM
Cool color choices.

thwalker13
August 5, 2013, 11:34 PM
The colors look great man. I don't think you could have chosen any better colors.

Ginga Bishōnen
September 1, 2014, 3:39 AM
Howdy folks, Ginga here. Been forever since my last update on this thread, cuz I went on hiatus. I watched Gundam Build Fighters for the first time, and that inspired me to make my very first kitbash build. I decided to use my three oldest HG models, a HGUC Hyaku Shiki, a HGUC GP03S, and a HG Heavyarms Custom EW, as well as a Proto GN Blade from my HG00 Astraea, for the build. It has been fun, trying to figure out which parts to use, what to put where, etc.

Anyways, I figured out how I want the main body to look, mostly. I decided to make the base unit Hyaku Shiki. Added the feet and arms from the GP03, and the shoulders from the Heavyarms. I also made a beam gatling shield, using the GP03's folding shield and one of Heavyarm's twin beam gatling guns. Here is what the kit looks like so far, unpainted.

There are still several things I want to do to the kit, before I get to the painting and cementing part. I plan on adding the GP03's backpack to the Hyaku Shiki's, for extra thrusters and two additional beam sabers. I am also adding thrusters to the calves of the suit, with their own covers. I plan on adding the Heavyarm's leg missile pods to the suit, somewhere, not quite positive where yet. Finally, I plan on adding the Proto GN Blade to the right forearm.

Kenico
September 1, 2014, 3:43 AM
Not gonna lie, That looks pretty badass. can it use the GP03's Claws?

Ginga Bishōnen
September 1, 2014, 3:47 AM
Keni, you mean the Manipulator Claws on the forearms? The left one is usable, its what is holding onto the shield. The Right one I got rid of, to make room for the Proto GN Blade that is going there, Dark Templar-style (StarCraft :))

Kenico
September 1, 2014, 3:50 AM
Even Better. What kind of colors are you going to put on this beast if i may ask?

Ginga Bishōnen
September 1, 2014, 3:59 AM
Even Better. What kind of colors are you going to put on this beast if i may ask?

Probably gonna go with its standard colors, gold and dark blue, tho different shades. It is going to have a darkish, metallic (not chrome) gold, and the same shade of nearly black, dark blue that my recent MG Dom, as seen in my completed works page.

Gonna modify the back skirt beam sabers, by adding my leftover MG Destiny's beam sword effect pieces to them, make them hyper beam sabers.

The final load out for this suit:
2 x Hyper Beam Sabers
2 x Beam Sabers
1 x Proto GN Blade
44 x Homing Missiles (Shoulder Pods)
40 x Micro Missiles (Leg Pods)
1 x Folding Bazooka
1 x Beam Rifle
1 x Beam Gatling Shield

Exia
September 1, 2014, 9:37 AM
I have to be honest, I would have used the GP03's crotch area instead then added the Hyaku Shiki armor parts for the back skirt boosters as well. Judging from what I'm looking at from dalong that GP03 bottom should be compatible with the Hyaku Shiki's torso.

Ginga Bishōnen
September 1, 2014, 2:49 PM
I have to be honest, I would have used the GP03's crotch area instead then added the Hyaku Shiki armor parts for the back skirt boosters as well. Judging from what I'm looking at from dalong that GP03 bottom should be compatible with the Hyaku Shiki's torso.

Didn't like the look of that, left the legs too exposed. The GP03's skirts are too short. The back skirt boosters felt a bit too much, combined with the side binders.

Baufrin
September 1, 2014, 5:36 PM
I was trying to think of how to put a GL symbol on his chest, haven't figured it out yet. I will most likely just put it on one of his shoulders and/or his shield.

Just a thought but you could use tape to mask in a symbol. It would be like a stencil.

Ginga Bishōnen
September 1, 2014, 7:02 PM
Just a thought but you could use tape to mask in a symbol. It would be like a stencil.

That's a good idea. That build has been on hold for like a year tho, it turns out I was missing a couple important pieces, and I never ordered new ones. I should order those parts, as well as some parts from other kits I am missed parts from. Don't know when I would do that tho, to finish the kit.

Baufrin
September 1, 2014, 7:42 PM
That's a good idea. That build has been on hold for like a year tho, it turns out I was missing a couple important pieces, and I never ordered new ones. I should order those parts, as well as some parts from other kits I am missed parts from. Don't know when I would do that tho, to finish the kit.
You might never get back to that build but it might help you on a different build.

Ginga Bishōnen
September 3, 2014, 12:11 AM
Finished painting 70% of my kitbash custom build, which I am officially dubbing the MSC-001 Hyaku Shiki Valiente. Here are the parts I have put together so far.

The first picture shows the paint best, closest to how it looks in real life. I am quite happy how it came out, had to switch the shade of red I wanted mid-painting, cuz I ran out of the original one I wanted. This one came out just as good tho, a bit lighter than I wanted, but I still like it.

thwalker13
September 3, 2014, 7:42 AM
It's looking really good thus far man. From the pictures, I can't tell a bit of difference in the red.

Dlinker
September 3, 2014, 11:11 AM
What a difference a paint job makes. The colors look rather nice together so far.

jaqio
September 3, 2014, 2:50 PM
Man that gold looks so awesome.

Ginga Bishōnen
September 5, 2014, 8:47 PM
Thanks for all the complements so far. I wish I could finish the suit today, but I have a lot of stuff to do today. Hopefully I can finish the painting tomorrow. I forgot to mention that I nixed the hip-mounted missile packs that was planning on adding from my HG Heavyarms Custom EW and added the hip-mounted railguns from my old HG Freedom Gundam instead. I am also trying to figure out how to make a custom beam rifle for the suit, but I might hold that mini-project off for awhile.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey pals, got another update for you. Nearly completed my kit, only waiting for the right arm parts to finish drying after I glued a proto GN Blade to the forearm. Here is what my custom suit, the MSC-001 Hyaku Shiki Valiente looks like so far.

- - - Updated - - -

This suit of mine is heavily armed, with 2 beam sabers that can combine to a double-sided saber (the ones on the side skirts), 2 hyper beam sabers (the ones on the backskirt, plan on adding a MG saber effects part to them), 2 beam daggers (inside the Stamen backpack), a GN Blade, two shoulder missile pods, two railguns, and a twin beam gatling shield. I also plan to make a custom beam rifle and a custom bazooka for the suit, but those are projects for another time. To compensate for the weight of this new arsenal, I added the GP03 Stamen's backpack, with its two additional thrusters and increased fuel supply. Also adding thrusters to the legs.

Zeta
September 5, 2014, 9:43 PM
Dude, that MS is bitchin' cool! Keep up the good work.

Dlinker
September 5, 2014, 11:55 PM
Indeed, that's looking spiffy. The added railgun side-skirts look awfully appropriate on it.

Riah
September 6, 2014, 12:24 AM
I'm not too knowledable on Gunpla, but this is looking good. And I'm actually a bit intersted in kitbashes, so I'm taking notes if you don't mind.

Though, I keep hearing bad things about the Shiki's head, like bad seamlines and the head being on a peg, though that might just be in that multipack with the Zeta and MK-II HGs. But this Shiki's head looks fine to me, so I'm guesisng either you got a good one or you put a lot of work into that Hyaku Shiki. And if the later is the case that is doubley impressive.

Ginga Bishōnen
September 6, 2014, 1:04 AM
Thanks for all the complements.

@Riah, I am guessing that I got a good one, cuz I didn't do any work on the head. I usually tend to get lucky in this regard, most of my kits' heads tend to fit smoothly, no seamline issues.