PDA

View Full Version : Real Grade

NanoSpore
December 31, 2010, 3:20 AM
First off, Happy New Year~! :D
And what better way to start it off than with some gunpla!? I received the Real Grade RX-78-2 Gundam as a Christmas present and seeing as I don't have a single model of the "classic" Gundam I decided to start with this guy. I'll do Mr. Zaku next.

[attachment=4:1soj5ibs]DSCF0089.JPG[/attachment:1soj5ibs]

"Excitement Embodied" Sounds intense.
[attachment=3:1soj5ibs]DSCF0091.JPG[/attachment:1soj5ibs]

More runners than your regular 1/144s, I believe. (Correct me if I'm wrong. Haven't built many of them.)
[attachment=2:1soj5ibs]DSCF0084.JPG[/attachment:1soj5ibs]

So far, I've completed one leg. I'm a fan of the dual (and sometimes triple) colors used for the armor. The inner frame is pretty cool and adds tons of pose-ability. Even the foot can bend at the toe and the heel. We'll see if it can still do this after completion, though...
[attachment=1:1soj5ibs]DSCF0094.JPG[/attachment:1soj5ibs]
[attachment=0:1soj5ibs]DSCF0092.JPG[/attachment:1soj5ibs]

squeam
December 31, 2010, 6:17 AM
Yeah, more runners than your typical 1/144 HG. Some of the larger HGs have more than that; but none have that many colors. I mean, TWO runners with 4 colors?! That is new.

Zeta-G
December 31, 2010, 11:23 AM
That kit looks nice; I might have to pick up RG Char's Zaku once GSAM gets it in stock (I like first Gundam, but one is enough for me. Also, a person can never get too many Zakus). :D

NanoSpore
December 31, 2010, 2:04 PM
I like first Gundam, but one is enough for me. Also, a person can never get too many Zakus. :D

You have no idea how much I agree with that statement! haha I want an army of Zakus. >;]

Anyway, there's bunches and bunches of tiny pieces in this kit that are trying my patience but overall it's a nice change of pace from all the other kits.

NanoSpore
January 14, 2011, 12:55 AM
And it's done!

[attachment=3:trftwywi]DSCF0210.JPG[/attachment:trftwywi]

>_> ....

[attachment=4:trftwywi]DSCF0211.JPG[/attachment:trftwywi]

No, really.
[attachment=2:trftwywi]DSCF0198.JPG[/attachment:trftwywi]
[attachment=1:trftwywi]DSCF0208.JPG[/attachment:trftwywi]
[attachment=0:trftwywi]DSCF0207.JPG[/attachment:trftwywi]

Overall, I'm extremely happy with this kit. It's as pose-able as a MG if not more so, and the stickers add some great detail to it. I'm not huge on stickers, but it definitely was easier than trying to use dry transfers that size. Some of the parts were so small that it was hard to hang onto them and one of the rear thrusters doesn't like staying on, but other than that I'll definitely buy more RGs down the line if they make them.

GNzaku0023
January 14, 2011, 1:50 AM
Looks gooood maaaan. The on;y thing I thin I don't like about it are those MASSIVE hands.

Asterisk
January 14, 2011, 6:50 AM
Be EXTREMELY careful should you decide to take the head armor off for any reason. First time I did it, I broke the left vulcan barrel off and never managed to find it.

Allelujah
January 14, 2011, 12:57 PM
cool. uhmm .. I also got a real grade and I made some repainting on the shield. I also try to repaint the inner skeleton gold but it just became brittle.. good thing I just done it with the leg part. or else its a mess.. here's a screen shot of the shield i made..
I just hate how to put on the gun and the bazooka because of the peg..>:(
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv310/Ryuk013/IMG_6599.jpg

SilverFrameAstray
January 15, 2011, 12:44 PM
The gold on that star looks good Allelujah.

Holy crap though, that detail. I really want a real grade now. I just can't decide what RX-78 i'm going to get. I'm thinking a 1/60 though.

NanoSpore
February 16, 2011, 11:52 PM
Be EXTREMELY careful should you decide to take the head armor off for any reason. First time I did it, I broke the left vulcan barrel off and never managed to find it.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Looks gooood maaaan. The on;y thing I thin I don't like about it are those MASSIVE hands.

Now I can't unsee, thanks. xD The kit does come with some alternates... I chose these since you can actually move the fingers... I think that's what causes it to look that way.
Either way, it could be a reverse burger king commercial?

Zeta-G
February 17, 2011, 9:23 AM

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Now I can't unsee, thanks. xD The kit does come with some alternates... I chose these since you can actually move the fingers... I think that's what causes it to look that way.
Either way, it could be a reverse burger king commercial?
People may not like it, but the RX-78 actually had ginormous hands in the anime.