PDA

View Full Version : Could the Gundam Metaverse Survive the Reapers? (Mass Effect)

Zeon's RedComet
March 31, 2013, 10:05 PM
I’m leaving Turn A out of this, as it’s Tech destroying capabilities and healing are a bit much for this.

For those who aren’t familiar the Reapers are the big bad of the Mass Effect series, they’re a techno-organic race made up of the liquefied and processed remains of races they’ve ‘reaped’ every 50,000 years. They also made the Citadel, which was made to be the seat of Galactic government when discovered by various races, they made the Mass Relays and Mass Effect technology so the species of the Galaxy would follow their plan, making it all the easier for them to destroy all of them at the end of the cycle.

Each Reaper it’s self is a Ship of Varying size that looks a bit like a Squid but they have the ability to create various abominations out of races they’re currently harvesting. For this they’ll have there various foot troops from Mass Effect 3, as well as the abilities to use the Tech and people of the Gundam Universe to their advantage if they can get a hold of it.

For more information on the Reapers go here:
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Reaper

Rules:

1. All Gundam Universes are in, named people included, Suits and all are all working together as it is
2. The Gundam Universe has a Decade of prep time for the invasion, but no real Intel on what the reapers are.
3. The reapers have no information on the Gundam Universe besides knowing that they’re humans, they have no idea what tech they have, or that they have Mobile Suits.
4. No Crucible for the Gundam universe, those who have played Mass Effect 3 know what that is.
5. Keep in Mind the reapers don't reason with people so no 'Setsuna makes the reapers understand and everyone is happy' (Only time they even close to reasoned with anyone was with number 4...I want war people not talking)

So what do you guys think, I don't know how popular this fight would get (I haven't seen many Mass Effect fans here) but I was wondering what people would think.

DragonCrusaderNeir
July 31, 2013, 2:17 PM
I think so. If we go Super Robot Wars on them then they're screwed.

exia-7
July 31, 2013, 2:21 PM
I think so. If we go Super Robot Wars on them then they're screwed.

Hahaha SRW theme of robots vs aliens. I like your thinking.

DragonCrusaderNeir
July 31, 2013, 2:31 PM
Hahaha SRW theme of robots vs aliens. I like your thinking.

With hot-blood you can do anything!

Psyco Diver
July 31, 2013, 2:56 PM
Ha this is easy, I only need 2 pilots, Heero Yuy in the Wing Zero and Kira Yamato in the Strike Freedom. Heck for giggles lets give them GN drives and Trans Am. I know the REAPERS don't experience fear but I'm sure in the 30 seconds it takes those 2 to kill everything, the last few REAPERS will experience fear.

DragonCrusaderNeir
July 31, 2013, 6:59 PM
No, it needs moar overkill! Have Sanger Zonvolt from Super Robot Wars OG team up with Simon the Digger from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Kouji Kabuto from Shin Mazinger Z! Or every OG character!

jaster-jesek
August 1, 2013, 1:03 AM
Seems to me the Reapers share a lot in common with the alien enemy of the 00 movies.

But, really-- the truth is... it really depends on just how many of them there are. Sure, the Gundams can probably defeat all those ones they can fight, but wouldn't the Reapers just fly past them while they were distracted with others and invade the Earth?

Gundam Technology is at best a couple hundred years in advance of our own while the Repears can take out civilizations thousands of years more advanced. So I really don't think the Gundams could find a meaningful victory here.

Zeon's RedComet
August 1, 2013, 2:15 AM
@Psyco Diver the only thing the Reapers fear is Garrus Vakarian. :P

@Jaster thing is the civilizations they took out while more advanced in some ways, are also less advanced in others, the races of Mass Effect never had beam weapons (closest they had are basically energized slugs/Reaper style beam tech which is basically super heated melted metal propelled via Mass Effect fields) but yeah in terms of Ships, and space fareing the reapers have taken out far greater threats, seeing as Gundam Universes are typically confined to our solar system where as the Reapers have been effectively been wiping out the whole Galaxy every 50,000 years for god knows how long.

It really is a crap shoot, seeing as the whole reaper force would only have to focus on earth this time, though some of these Mobile Suits are pretty powerful Only leaving out the Turn’s because of their ability to destroy tech (which would be completely one sided against a Techno organic begins.) That said yeah they are kind of similar to the ELS both are Techno organic beigns, but I see these as a bit more...scary, they don't just shape shift, a good chunk of the fleet is made up of Livind dreadnaughts taking out one took a whole fleet.

Though like I said the Gundam universe did have ten years to build up and share tech so that has a factor in it as well. Honestly suprised that this topic got posts lol.

GAT-105
November 1, 2014, 5:55 PM
As old as this topic is I'll say that the Metaverse as a whole loses. There is one very simple reason. Element Zero and Dark matter. This allows the Reapers to easily out pace any ships and makes Mobile suits, and even the top of the line mobile dolls sitting ducks in space combat. Impregnable A Baoa Qu would fall in minutes. That having been said, Minovsky particle saturation would force the reapers into close battle in space, but they could simply bombard the planet's smaller centres and hinterlands, which would be the strongholds, afterwards. Minovsky and N-Jammer warfare are better suited to defeating the Geth than making an impact against the Reapers.

Weapons such as Genesis, Requiem, and the Solar Ray would be a nasty shock for the Reapers, but a mere nuisance in the long run. The same could be said of the weapons used by the Rx-78-4, and the Reaper killer GFAS X-1. Beyond that only the ground types would see any form of success against the Reapers. Even then it would be a combined arms op that would barely have a hope in hell of achieving success. The victories would be few and Pyrrhic. Named aces and commanders will have little effect.

Take one universe such as the Universal Century or Cosmic Era and incorporate it into Mass Effect's Alliance codex and then you have a game changer as the MS and ships would have access to Eezo tech to give them additional mobility and protection. And also the older universes then have access to powerful kinetic weaponry.

And of additional note that I forgot the Cyclops system would be a good Reaper trap when loss is guaranteed. The Phase Shift and Light Wave barriers while good for stopping kinetics would do jack against the level of firepower fielded by the Reaper kinetic weapons. Artemis might take a pounding, but she'll break like a clam shell.