PDA

View Full Version : best way to strip paint from gundam model piece

aptom
September 29, 2011, 1:35 PM
i was trying to be a big clever boy and sprayed the two armour pieces for the right wing of my mg sinanju, however, the spray dried crackly and basically shite:( ive decided to not paint any of the red armour as its nice enough as it is so i need to strip those two precious pieces, whats the best way?

aptom
September 29, 2011, 1:36 PM
the parts are f20 and f16 is anyones got spares:( my fave ms and ive ruined two pieces , argh!

Asterisk
September 29, 2011, 1:39 PM
Soak them in brake fluid for about an hour, then take a toothbrush to them.

aptom
September 29, 2011, 2:00 PM
ive tried acetone free nail polish remover, as i use this for warhammer models, but i need it to be perfect, the sinanju is my all time fave ms and i cant stand it not being right! are you sure brake fluid wont just melt the plastic? thanks loads for the advice:)

Asterisk
September 29, 2011, 2:23 PM
Brake fluid is what I use, but it WILL damage the plastic if left to soak for long periods of time, hence the hour long soak.

lupes
September 29, 2011, 9:54 PM
windex will remove the paint as well as not damage the part no matter how long you let it soak.

aptom
September 30, 2011, 4:06 PM
wonder if thats available in the uk, will have a look.

Squee
October 7, 2011, 5:59 PM
91% Rubbing alcohol. It will even remove Lacquer. Just soak it for a couple of hours then scrub the paint off. Wait a day before repainting it as the acohol makes the paint not stick. You have to let it evaporate fully. Learned that one from my friend Ender.